Author Topic: Open To All Members  (Read 5021 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Open To All Members
« on: March 22, 2010, 03:16:18 PM »
There are three unfilled positions in the Oligarchy.  Please note that these positions can go to existing characters or a character that you make especially for the role.

Please note: Your character WILL be considered new to the position as there is a great deal of reshuffling because of the change in Luminary (Kerr Galvin now rules instead of Lazarus, who pissed a lot of Oligarchs off and they left).

You can play it how you want, but you have to consider the nature of the role.  You will get quite a few roleplays out of it, and you have to be able to roleplay a powerful character without excessively godmoding.  A delicate balance.  Godmoding will be allowed via the power of the Oligarchy (you can call on many Mimic Demon minions, you can kidnap whoever off the street and lock them up for whatever reason, and any other political move that you wish to make is instantly in your favour).  You cannot, however, godmode one on one, or pull minions out of your ass from nowhere just because you need help in a RP.

I would love for these positions to go to members who intend on sticking around for a little while.  I don\'t mind if you don\'t post daily, or only show up once a week, but if you\'re going to join the Oligarchy, it would be really rude for someone to join and then piss off for six months.

The open positions are below.  If you want a position, just reply to this post saying which position you want and what character you are going to use in the position (if you\'re making a character specially for the role, please say so).

I really hope some of you are interested in this, because it\'s more fun with a bunch of people.  WE DO NOT PLAY POLITICAL RPs unless you specially want to.  We gloss over that boring shit and all you have to do with your charrie is traipse around being recognised and revered ;)

Oligarch for Demons - TAKEN
RPer: rainshadowCK
Name:
Species: Any kind of Demon, either full or half-breed.
His job: Another VERY powerful Oligarch member. The vampires might be united, but the demons are usually more powerful. This particular Oligarchy member should rule with an iron fist, due to the nature of his/her subordinates.

Oligarch for Dark Angels - TAKEN
 RPer: Saiketsu
 Name:
 Species: Dark Angel (made to order)
 His job: Another powerful Oligarch member, but they have the problem of true Angels disregarding and disliking the Oligarchy (however they do tolerate it, as it does perform some good in the city).  The Dark Angel Oligarch rules over Dark Angels, Fallen Angels and Guardian Angels.

Oligarch for Lycanthropes (Werewolves) - TAKEN
RPer: Pinkroses
Name:  
Species: Lycanthrope or Shifter sympathetic to Lycanthrope cause (made to order)
His job: Separate from Shifters (who adamantly disassociate themselves from Werewolves, saying they are born Shifters while Werewolves are cursed and uncontrolled), the Oligarch for Lycanthropes ensures that whenever someone in their werewolf form does a lot of damage, he makes sure to clean it up. If there was no Oligarch for Lycanthropes, the other Oligarchs (and the Luminary) are more than likely to eradicate their species as a \'pest\' and \'supernatural curse which is uncontrollable\'. Because a person in werewolf form can\'t control themselves, they cannot be judged for revealing their nature when in changed form. They are, however, answerable when they reveal their nature in their regular form. All Lycanthropes are to report to the Oligarchy just before the cycle of their change, so that they can be locked out of harm\'s way. Not foolproof though, for Lycans change when mad, and it\'s hard to predict that. Note that the Lycanthrope Oligarch is not usually respected by other Oligarch members.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Open To All Members
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:30:26 AM »
I\'d like to play the Lycanthrope Oligarch if you\'ll have me. I would make a new character for it; you asked if I wanted my old werewolf to be it a long time ago, but I don\'t think he\'d be right for the role.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
  • Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark.
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »
I would love to take the Oligarch for Demons :D I\'ve had this itch for making a new character and this is giving me much inspiration...
If, of course, no one else has already requested the position.
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai
Old things have strange hungers. - Catherynne M. Valente

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:52 AM »
I\'d love to take the Oligarch for the Dark Angels. I has gots these idears spinnin\' round in mah hayd fo\' tha rowl. 8DDDD

yeahdontask.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 10:16:56 AM »
You got it Ro, CK and Sai!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR JOINING US!  YAYS!

Now all the positions are filled.  :D

The roles and members are as follows:

LUMINARY : Kerr Galvin (Vampire) : Existentially Odd

OLIGARCH FOR VAMPIRES : Jake McCloud (Vampire) : Billiam

OLIGARCH FOR DEMONS : Made To Order Character : rainshadowck

OLIGARCH FOR DARK ANGELS : Made To Order Character : Saiketsu

OLIGARCH FOR SHIFTERS : Tau Leander (Were-Shifter Cougar) : Existentially Odd

OLIGARCH FOR LYCANTHROPES : Made To Order Character : Pinkroses

OLIGARCH FOR FAE : Quin Balderdash IV (Dark Imp) : Satyr
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
  • Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark.
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 10:25:21 AM »
:banana: :D
And as soon as I\'m finished with this essay I\'m getting right to work with a character.
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai
Old things have strange hungers. - Catherynne M. Valente