Author Topic: Parallel Infusco Discussion  (Read 13291 times)

Offline realworldweirdo

• Scribe
  • Improvement via destruction.
    • View Profile
Re: Alt Infusco Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 01:01:48 PM »
I like it.

Also, Idrial... a pathogen is a harmful microbe. Did you mean pantheon?

Freya is a widely recognized term... perhaps if we use more of her warrior/dark side, it would fit better? I\'m cool with Valfreya or some variation.

The nice thing about Freya is that she\'s known for something that fits with this idea. She assumes different names and guises, searching for her long-absent husband. She has associations with death, war, beauty, and the afterlife. She leads spirits of death, war, and peace in the afterlife[Valkyries]; she\'s deep, but will go to great lengths for a shiny object; also, she\'s frequently pursued romantically by giant nature elemental spirits.

I know too much random crap.

[edit] I think I\'ve finished making all the stickies and rules and such and so forth and and and.... I think I\'m going to go to bed :S If anyone sees anything about the Parallel stickies that needs to be modified, fixed, improved, reformatted, removed, reorganized, explained, clarified, expanded, cut back, or otherwise messed with, PM me.

It doesn\'t look like much, but a lot of thought went into it. Stop looking at me like I\'m crazy.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
  • Write with no boundaries.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 11:40:01 PM »
Now, you say if you bring already existing characters into the alternate universe something about them has to be different right? The character sheet can\'t exactly be the same at least one thing has to be different; well that’s how I see it anyway.  yes? no?

I\'m giving Scott an upgrade in both universes anyway, a new look i guess you could say but I’m also changing things about Blake to fit my needs....i don’t know why I’m saying this because it really doesn’t affect anyone but me but any who what I am getting at is that at least one thing will be different about the two of them in each universe.
INFUSCO: Scott / Blake / Parker
ZOMBIE MANIA: Christian / Joel
HALFLIGHT: Mason

Offline realworldweirdo

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 12:30:28 AM »
Well, I\'d say they wouldn\'t need anything to be different. In fact, I\'m not changing Conner in the slightest.

In information, when I said you should Parallel your character, I meant that to be read after major events had taken place. Because the characters would be aware of past events, those would have to be taken into their storyline. Outside of that, I don\'t see a reason at all to change the characters.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 01:36:41 AM »
Lol yes I did mean pantheon and I know alot of random stuff too so no worries.

Anyways I found some other things as well about her when  I was looking through my book that I found interesting.

* Freya weeps tears of amber.
* Honey contains her essence
* Two grey cats pull Freya\'s chariot, possibly Lynx\'s
* Freya knows the power of the runes. They can be used to communicate with her. The runes in which Freya is associated with include Berkano and Ehwaz.

Also Freya\'s rites and traditions did encourage magical practice, mediumship, shamanism and the female/male autonomy with Freya herself.

And no spirit annoyed Christian athourities more than Freya. Ironically, the result was that Freya survives more vividly than virturally any other female European spirit. Constant condemnation kept Freya from fading into obscurity.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 06:13:24 AM »
On behalf of Parallel Infusco I would like to thank everybody for all of their suggestions on what "she" could be. I\'ve spoken with my partner in all of this our lovely and sexy moderator realworldwierdo and we\'ve agreed on a villain. We have taken all of the ideas that were left on this thread and done our best to use everybody\'s ideas and thoughts. I\'m going to construct a character sheet and a very strict playing guide for controlling "she." I hope to have this up by the end of the weekend and start answering questions on Monday. I can\'t be in every thread on parallel so I can\'t always control our villain. Although since I\'m creating her I plan on controlling her as one of my character\'s whenever possible. If you want me in a thread please PM me the idea and "she\'s" role in the RP. I will either join or if I can\'t I will give control of "she" to the people who wish to use her. With revealing major information such as her name, origins, powers, etc always ask before you do as it may conflict with the major arch. Alex and I want everyone to enjoy our first major arch and enjoy out first major big bad. Since her sheet will be public it\'s up to you to pretend you know nothing about her. Remember people, let\'s not godmode the villain, physically or intellectually. I can\'t wait to play with all of you and all yours characters. "She" is excited to meet and CRUSH YOU ALL!!!!!!!!! Have a good day!

Billiam(Billy)
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 06:44:40 AM »
Since \'She\' doesn\'t have a widely-known name, I recommend capitalising all of Her pronouns, so that She has a presence, much like God has His presence depicted in the Bible.

Of course since She will have Her own name, as per Her character sheet, I understand that at some stage She will be referenced by Her own name.  I still suggest that She is referred to using caps instead of quotation marks all the time - it makes for better writing.

This is of course a nomination instead of a rule, because I\'m not running this scenario and am quite happy to take a back seat, so the decision is up to Bill and RWW on the She/Her idea.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 05:15:49 AM »
Hey She has a character sheet in progress. Go check it out. I\'m going to finish soon.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline realworldweirdo

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 03:54:47 PM »
Ok everyone, I\'m hearing a lot of questions I think are covered in the basic Information post I put in the Parallel section. I\'ll try to make this easy.

If you have questions, or you think something should go into it, PM with me questions you think should go into the upcoming Parallel FAQ.

Oh, I\'ll answer them, too.

Offline realworldweirdo

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »
Everyone, Freyja is at Risk in Parallel. If you want your character to encounter her, or you want a Valkyrie or Idisi character, the time has come!

In the case of Valkyrie/Idisi characters, use the information in their Species sheet to fill out a standard character sheet and post it in Parallel Characters. I\'ll approve it or have you edit it as fast as I can - which is pretty freakin\' quick.

She\'ll be there for a bit before the Oligarchy can react, so there\'ll be plenty of time for everyone to have threads.