Author Topic: The End Of The End Is Only The Beginning  (Read 9075 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
The End Of The End Is Only The Beginning
« on: October 15, 2010, 04:25:33 AM »
Leon Valley Texas 2010

Bamm!!!!!

Alex\'s shotgun was heard like a ring in the night. The zombie that had been trying to feast on her fell to the ground with nothing more than a moan. Alex had become quite proficient with a gun since her fiance had been killed, and her life ruined. Alex\'s parents had been taken, her friends, her enemies, even her animals. The only person who Alex wondered about was her brother Bryant. He\'d left to go to the big city, and he an Alex had lost touch. With wireless internet unavailable, she\'d lost all contact with her little brother shortly after the chaos began. She sighed heavily and began to reload.

Her destination was home, and along this route, zombies coming from San Antonio usually met there death by a shot to the head. She was alone in this rural town. She\'d decided to stay here, because the Zombies had all left to search for more human flesh. Her being the only living person for miles wasn\'t appealing enough for them. She had food, water, weapons, gas, and all other essential supplies. To be honest, despite the occasional zombie attack, her life had grown relatively boring. Her thoughts went out to Bryant, and wondered if he was alive. She stopped to consider how foolish this was. Bryant had been living in a city, and the news said cities were the first places to go. Yet, Alex knew her brother well, and just felt like he was alive somewhere. She did her best to write this off as wishful thinking, but the feeling stuck with her.

She made her way up Bandrea road, and realized she still had another mile to get to the car. She checked her watch, it was getting late. Zombie animals were very active at night, and unlike the slow shuffling human Zombies, the animals were fast. Alex quickened her pace, and held her shotgun at the ready. She refused to be caught off guard. Her dirty blond hair was worn up these days, strictly for practicality. Her face had no makeup, and yet she still had a sweet, motherly look. Her green eyes moved up and down the road, in search of foes. Her outfit was very good for zombie hunting. She wore denim jeans with a utility built filled with ammunition, hand guns, and a knife. She wore a sleeveless top, and around her neck was her mother\'s silver cross. She knew it would have no effect on the Zombies, but if she were to meet a vampire, she\'d be ready. She\'d only met one vampire before this, and she\'d watched him drain her mother. She always knew she\'d meet one again.

"MUAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!"

Alex turned to see a man with one eye, rotting flesh, and one arm moving towards her. Zombie, Alex thought. The creature was not alone however, for several more zombies made there way along the road, with Alex\'s brain\'s as there destination. Alex decided to run, as there were to many to fight. She began to sprint away, only to find more zombies waiting on the other side of the road. She was trapped. Her car wasn\'t far, but with Zombies on both sides she\'d never make it in a run. She held up the shotgun and picked her first victim. Bamm! The female zombie fell to the floor. Alex picked another zombie. Bamm! No matter how many she killed, more kept coming. The girl thought this would be her end.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
  • Write with no boundaries.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: The End Of The End Is Only The Begining
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »
Scott had been in the U.S. Army for 3 years now.  As soon as the breakout hit, each man and woman that was enlisted were scattered across the United States in order to set up evacuation operations.  Ironically enough, Scott was deployed to Roswell New Mexico.  Two other men, Sergeant David Perez and Sergeant William Holmes and one woman, Private Linda Collins occupied the other spots of the platoon, headed for the Alien crazed city.

Unfortunately upon their arrival, no one had survived the outbreak.  All sorts of communication were down and fresh zombies were popping up everywhere.  All they had was an assault vehicle and a few machine guns.

For weeks they waited to hear from base camp but nothing came.  A few more weeks went by and they had expected a helicopter to come for them or something, but no one came.  It was as if they were completely forgotten about.  Food was starting to become a luxury.  Everyone was starting to lose their mind.  Perez and Holmes had gotten into a fight over the last piece of bread and Holmes ended up shooting Perez for it.  Holmes took his own life with his A-K a few days later.

Scott and Linda were left alone.  They had formed a plan to drive to New York City, back to Base Camp to see if there were any survivors left.  They got as far as Midland Texas before they needed to stop for gas.  That’s when the vehicle was attacked.

Scott was filling the tank while Linda went inside the market to take any food that she could.  Suddenly he heard a scream.  Scott quickly removed the pistol from his hip and ran into the market.  But he was too late, three Zombies had already taken Linda down and were feeding on her flesh.  Scott shot a bullet into each one of their heads.  Blood and brains splattered across the shelves of the small market.  The blonde was desperate to save his last remaining friend.  He kneeled at her side, trying to hold back his vomit while staring down at her torn apart body.  

In the next moment a loud explosion came from outside.  Scott didn\'t have time to mourn his friend as he ran outside to find his vehicle had been set on fire.  A mass of Zombies were flooding in from the street.  His Army vehicle was no longer drivable.  He looked around the parking lot, desperate for any means of transportation to help him escape from the Zombie mob stumbling his way.  The blonde looked behind him and his prayers were answered.  Sitting there was a black Lamborghini Diablo, ripe for the taking.  

Scott looked inside and saw the keys sitting there on the seat.  He quickly hopped in and tried to start the car but the engine didn\'t roar like he was expecting it to.  In fact, nothing happened at all.  The Zombie mob was getting closer.  After many attempts and fails, Scott finally pressed the gas and turned the key at the same time and the engine came to life.  Scott punched it into reverse and headed towards the open road.

3 DAYS LATER.

The sun was hot in Texas, hottest he had ever felt, and that was rare for a Vampire.  Scott had been turned years ago when he was just a rookie cop.  After joining the Army, he had discovered a vaccine that government scientists had created nicknamed \'Day-Walker\', designed for any Vampire who joined the Army.  But the sun had been set for an hour or two now and Scott was stopped at a corner.

Scott began filming himself with a camera he had found in the trunk of the car, in case something were to happen to him, he wanted someone out there to know what had been going on.  He clicked it on and set it on the dashboard.  Scott was still wearing the same clothes he had been three days earlier.  The only thing he owned now at this point was his Pistol.  He wore a tight black shirt tucked into green Army camouflage pants, which were tucked into his black boots.   His dog tags hung around his neck.

"It\'s been about 9 weeks since I was deployed to New Mexico. Unfortunately I am all that\'s left of my platoon.  I still have yet to find any survivors anywhere.  I think I\'m somewhere around San Antonio Texas now and I\'m still on my root back to base camp in New York City, hoping to find some sort of civilization.  The Zombies seem to be growing in numbers; thanks to this car I have been managing to avoid them. I\'m not sure how long..."  Scott stopped suddenly, he heard a gunshot. "What the hell?"  Scott looked out his window and saw a girl caught between two mobs of Zombies, firing off rounds from a shotgun.  "Shit!"

Scott kicked the car into drive and sped towards the mob.  He had no trouble mowing them down.  He could feel their skulls cracking under the pressure of the wheels.  Scott turned the wheel hard and spun the car towards the girl.  He reached over and opened the passenger side door.  "Get in!"
INFUSCO: Scott / Blake / Parker
ZOMBIE MANIA: Christian / Joel
HALFLIGHT: Mason

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 05:09:49 AM »
Alex\'s shock over finding another living human would have to wait. She\'d learned an important lesson since all this chaos had began: Survive first, ask questions later. There were a few feet between her and the car with her new friend inside of it. As she began to head towards the passenger door, she heard a loud oink. Alex stopped and turned around to see a zombie pig looking at her ankles like they were supper. Alex sprinted to the car, and the zombie pig ran quickly behind her.

The girl fell to the ground, and the pig was almost on her. She pulled her knife from her utility built and made a life or death slash. She was either skilled or lucky, as the knife had slashed the pig\'s throat. The disgusting creature fell lifeless to the ground, and Alex rose in shock. She resumed her run, more terrified than ever, and leaped into the stranger\'s car.

"Drive, fucking drive! Drive! DRIVE!" These were the only words the shell shocked female could utter. She put the knife back in her belt and held her shotgun steady. Bamm! Another zombie was dead. Alex would keep picking them off as the driver of the car sped away.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »
Scott watched the girl slice open the jugular of the pig.  It was like a scene from a horror movie; dark blood splashed onto her clothing.  But she continued to run and sat her bloody body onto the leather seats.  Great.

Nah, I think I\'ll just sit here and let the car warm up a bit! Scott shouted in his head.  What the hell else was he suppose to do other than drive away?  Scott pressed hard on the gas and the car jolted forward with great speed.  The girl continued to fire and Scott continued to crush skulls under his wheels.  

The car pushed through the last row of Zombies but there was one that stuck to the hood.  It was a man dressed in a business suit, one of his cheeks was completely torn off and you could see both rows of teeth all the way back.  His eyes were black and his skin was a combination of greens and yellows and grays and purples.  The business man held on tight to the windshield wipers with one hand and scratched the glass with the other.

Scott tried to swerve the car left and right but he just wasn\'t letting go.  The end of the street was coming up fast.  A row of buildings were in front of them, getting closer and closer, Scott either needed to make a left or a right.  "Put on your seatbelt." Scott said quickly to the girl.  Being a cop for years, of course Scott already had his on.

The choice of left or right had to be made within the next second.  Instead, the blonde hit the brakes hard.  The business man went soaring off the hood and smashing through a plate glass window of a shoe store.  Then, Scott decided to go left.  "Is there anyone else?" Scott said without taking his eyes off the road.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 04:54:46 AM »
Alex\'s nerves were tapped. The poor human girl would have gone into shock, except for the motion of the car and the sound of her shotgun. The command to put on her seat belt was taken, as Alex clicked the mechanism into place. Her aim was impeccable. Two more human zombies were put to rest, while the male stranger dealt with the hood ordainment. Alex turned her attention to the business zombie and tried to get a head shot.  BAMM! The car had hit a small bump in the road, and as a result Alex had missed. She was empty. The driver seemed to be dealing well with their zombie companion, so Alex took the opportunity to reload.

Just as she raised her gun to fire, the zombie went zooming through the air. The glass shattered. Alex was pleased with the driver for not waiting to see if the zombie was dead. He\'d gone the wrong way though. Figures, Alex thought.

"No, I\'ve been alone for some time," the girl confessed. "I know a safe place with tons of supplies. Get on the highway and wait for me to give you the exit number."  

She didn\'t feel bad about ordering the man around a bit. She figured he\'d want to find a place to rest, and if she knew one that put her in temporary command. Little did she know, the man was a vampire.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
Scott glared at the new hole in his windsheild thanks to the trigger happy female.  He didn\'t say anything; after all she was only trying to help.  He wondered what she was doing in the middle of the streets by herself.  Perhaps trying to reach this \'safe place\' she spoke of?  

Scott wasn\'t one to take commands from strangers but she seemed to know what she was talking about.  Plus he had been going non stop and needed to rest.  "Where\'d you learn to shoot like that?" Scott asked in a monotone voice, still not taking his eyes off the road.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »
Alex looked at the man driving the car with mild disdain. She was thinking of course how this was a terrible time to ask such a question, but realized that answering it was a lot easier than complaining about it.

"My Ex-fiance taught me how to shoot a gun," She said.

The driver had still not corrected his course, and Alex knew he was heading towards zombie ridden San Antonio.

"Turn around," she commanded firmly. "We need to go the other way. Only zombies and death are this way," she indicated by pointing her finger in the current direction.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
The blonde wondered why he was the now \'ex-fiancé\'.  He wondered if the groom to be was taken over by the zombie plague or if it was simply a bad break-up.  But right now didn\'t seem like the right time to ask; after all, she was a woman holding a gun, if it was a messy break-up  than Scott\'s head could be shot off in a matter of seconds.

Scott was also becoming annoyed with the girl\'s demanding directions.  Scott pressed hard on the breaks, sending the car into a screeching halt.  He turned to the trigger happy female and looked into her eyes for the first time, "look, you told me to go to the highway so that’s what I was trying to do, now you say Zombies are this way as well as back there, but let me remind you that we are in a vehicle and a pretty fast one if you want to get technical, so I’m pretty sure we\'ll be fine." Scott had an obvious sarcastic look across his face.  Never mind mentioning the break-up, he might get his head shot off anyway.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 06:28:14 AM »
Alex took a deep breath. San Antonio was growing closer, and Alex knew that not even a car like this could survive the zombie\'s sheer numbers. She looked at her "rescuer" and tried to speak without anger.

"I don\'t know if you know where you are cowboy," she said, "but this road leads into San Antonio, a city filled with over two million zombies. The other way may have a couple hundred, but I think I\'d take that over two million. I have a great safe house set up, but you gotta turn around, ok."

She did her best to smile. She\'d almost forgotten how.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »
Scott sighed like a child that hadn\'t gotten his way and he pressed the gas again and turned hard on the wheel.  They were headed back where they came from, back to the street that he had picked up the shotgun wielding woman moments ago.  Scott prayed for somewhere comfy to sleep, he desperately hoped that he would find that at this woman\'s \'safe house\'.  “So what\'s there?” He asked,  “At your safe house I mean?"

Scott was thankful for not being human.  He didn\'t have to worry about hunger.  The Day-Walker serum eliminated most of his blood lust, he only felt the need to feed every 6 months or so.  The people who invented it were smart.  The serum allowed Vampires to keep most of their strengths and decrease their weaknesses.  He wasn\'t exactly sure if it helped against the Zombie virus, he sure wasn\'t about to get bit just to find out though.

They were about to pass the shoe shop again where the business man had smashed through the window but instead Scott stopped the car in front of it.  He couldn\'t believe what he was seeing in front of him.  Linda was standing there about 50 feet in front of the car, walking slowly towards them and with a slight limp.  Most of her stomach and chest were missing and her camouflage clothes were covered in dry blood.  Her skin was much discolored.  "Holy shit."  Scott\'s eyes were locked on her in disbelief.  "She was part of my platoon, that\'s Linda! She was attacked a couple days ago...but...I’ve been driving...how the hell did she get this far?"  Scott was too much in shock to press the gas again.  Meanwhile, the business man was starting to get back up off the store\'s floor that was now surrounded in pieces of glass.  Scott heard the zombie\'s footsteps crunching the pieces, but he still didn\'t move.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
This cowboy obviously had never been forced to kill a family or friend before. Alex, on the other hand, had been forced to kill her fiance. It was on that day her since of humanity had left her. Alex knew that if this zombie woman was allowed to get to close she\'d kill them both with out batting an eyelash. While Scott looked on dumbfounded, Alex took aim and fired.

BAMN!

The bullet hit right between the eyes, and Linda fell into a pile of dead flesh on the street now only a mere twenty feet from the car. She felt no remorse. It was the only way to save them both.

"Good riddance," Alex muttered. "Do something useful and take out the zombie in the store." She would have done it herself, but she was busy reloading.

"Shit," she yelled.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 06:16:50 AM »
Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion.  Scott\'s new passenger obviously had no trouble shooting his friend.  To her, Linda was just another flesh eater, no strings attached.  Scott watched in slow motion as the bullet went through her head and spewed brains out of the other side.  She fell to the concrete with a thud, now surrounded by brain matter and shattered skull fragments.

Scott caught his breath and snapped back to reality when he realized what the woman had said; warning him of the incoming zombie.  Before Scott could turn his head to look, the business-suit-wearing zombie reached through the window and tried to bite off Scott\'s ear.  The blonde quickly forced open the door, connecting with the zombie\'s mid section.  The blow knocked it back a few feet back through the door of the shoe store.  

Scott ejected himself from the driver\'s seat with great speed, ramming his shoulder into the zombie, knocking him to the floor.  Scott looked down at all the shattered glass.  He bent down and picked up a thick 10 inch shard.  With his left hand Scott grabbed a clump of the zombie\'s greasy hair and lifted up his head.  The Vampire forced the sharp end of the shard up under the zombie\'s chin, pushing it all the way in.  A stream of blood violently spat out onto Scott\'s arm.

Scott threw down the lifeless zombie and turned around to walk back towards his vehicle. That\'s when he noticed the mob of living dead he had saved the woman from moments before.  They were charging in their direction.  Scott used his great speed gain to glide back into the driver\'s seat.  "We gotta go!" He said while slamming the driver\'s side door.  Scott pressed hard on the gas and the car accelerated; gracefully passing over Linda\'s rotting body.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: The End Of The End Is Only The Beginning
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 11:45:38 PM »
Bamm!

Alex was taking out as many flesh bags as she could, as Scott got back into the drivers seat. She was making sure that her shots were all hitting between the eyes, even if that meant shooting twice. Bullets were precious, but living was even more precious. Alex\'s heart was hard, like diamond. If she\'d been asked years ago if she would have turned into the woman she was today, she would\'ve been insulted. But time, and situation, has a way of changing people, and Alex had been undeniably changed. She went from being from a sweet southern princess into a zombie killng queen.

Bamm!

As Scott put distance between the zombies and them, Alex turned back towards the dash board, and began to breath. She turned her head to look at Scott, still driving, with a look of what Alex considered fear stretched across his otherwise soft face. Was this boy some kind of angel? After several moments passed in this way, and the danger was phasing out of the direct moment, Alex broke the silence.

"You got a name cowboy?" she said with a broken voice.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.