Author Topic: Call Me  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
Re: Call Me
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 11:03:39 AM »
Puddin' head? He much preferred pookie, but he still wasn't complaining on that front. At least Emil paid attention to him and actually treated him like a person instead of a meal. Honestly, it seemed like humans even treated him worse than that, these days. Then again…what was a gas station clerk but a high school dropout, usually?

"An art gallery?" he asked, perking up immediately. "Sure! I've never actually been to one before, though, so maybe you could tell me more about the stuff in there?"

He practically beamed at the man in front of him, trying his hardest not to let his insecurities get the best of him. He really shouldn't have invited himself along into the man's evening, and he felt a bit guilty about it, now. He was sure that Emil had other things to do and was just a little too nice to turn him down or something like that. Maybe he should have just sucked it up and walked home instead.

"Thank you so much…it sounds a lot better than going home." He didn't elaborate on that statement, instead focusing on getting out of the coffee shop and over to the gallery. He wasn't quite sure where it was, to be honest.

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Call Me
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 12:32:32 PM »
“Certainly!” Emil confirmed, sticking his arm out as he spoke, looking at Bill. He linked arms with the mortal and waved goodbye to the waitress as they walked out the door. All the while, Emil’s mouth was rolling.

“It’s really a fantastic place; it’s local art and there’s always something expiremental there that I’ve never seen before! It’s absolutely amazing the sorts of artistic projects some people in this city think of. Why, just the other day I heard of a man who made himself into a sculpture using papier-mâché! Oh, the things people think of! It often blows my mind.”

They walked down the opposite street of his car and it was only then it occurred to him explain.

“It’s such a short distance; I’d gather you don’t mind walking?” He asked, but of course, he expected Bill not to argue.

In a short time, they would arrive.

CONTINUED