Author Topic: I\'ve returned from the grave  (Read 4316 times)

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
I\'ve returned from the grave
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:32:50 PM »
Yes, yes. I\'ve been very dead for two or three or maybe even four years. It\'s been a long time. I believe my profile says I originated on here in 2007. It has been quite the time.

That being said, I\'d like to return, very slowly if you all will have me. I know I left some people disjointedness and hanging last circle around but I promise that won\'t happen again. I have continued roleplaying elsewhere and have discovered the things I like and don\'t like, frustratingly so, but I know my limitations now and I think that\'s exactly what I needed to do!

So...what I want to do now is, start with a clean slate. I thereby give permission to the admins to delete any subforums I requested if they ever do so feel inclined because I won\'t be using any of my older characters ever, ever again. I have thought about it, and I think I know exactly what type of character I am going to stick in Infusco. You can expect that application to be in within a few days, most likely today, if I can manage it.

Thank you all for your patience and I love, love, love this place. It\'s where I mainly started my forum roleplaying career from AIM chatlogs, and now I have returned and hopefully it will be demonstrated that over time my craft has improved, just like everyone elses\' here has. I find it fascinating to see the way that storylines and plots have developed an somewhat excited that there are users who still exist today that I recognize and characters, too! Perhaps there can be a few catch-ups with those ghosts of my pasts...

Hello Roleplaycity.

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • The Relentless Muse Blog
Re: I\'ve returned from the grave
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 12:24:10 AM »
Skeggs!  Hi!  I just came back too, so you aren\'t the only one catching up.  Everyone here is just as awesome and friendly as before. <3  And I\'m sure you\'ll have a boatload of fun.

:banana:
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Lord Kysis Liari (Ένας πεσμένος ήρωας.),
Fenwick Baldor (Song, wine, and a bit of trouble),
Calista Liari (Θραύσματα Ομορφιά)

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:50:31 AM »
I remember you Kysis. Glad to see that you\'re back as well. Even if rising from the grave thereby makes you a zombie,too.  Here\'s some zombie love. :smitten:

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 07:18:30 PM »
There were a lot of old memberships deleted, but I kept a candle burning for you, Skeggs.  I was hoping you\'d come back - even though you\'ve likely improved to the point you\'re embarrassed by what you did back then (as we all feel at some time or another), I thought you an interesting writer and much valued member.

:throb:
D.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:12:06 AM »
Quote from: Satyr
There were a lot of old memberships deleted, but I kept a candle burning for you, Skeggs.  I was hoping you\'d come back - even though you\'ve likely improved to the point you\'re embarrassed by what you did back then (as we all feel at some time or another), I thought you an interesting writer and much valued member.

:throb:
D.

That is incredibly meaningful to me. I\'ve wandered to so many different forums- and I still am active on a few others- but in the back of my mind I was always wondering if I would be good enough to come back here. I\'m not saying that I didn\'t previously think I was \'good enough\' to roleplay here, but I was inexperienced and I think because of that I lacked the skills to be able to see if a roleplay would be a dead end the minute it started, if other players were getting frustrated with me, and if I was getting frustrated with other players. I also don\'t think I knew what I wanted to roleplay; hence how I had a million jillion characters I could never keep up with and lost interest in playing quickly.

I\'ve always been surprised how dedicated the members are here. Other places I\'ve been usually close down after a year or two, or there is an incident that makes everyone want to leave the forum. One thing that is drastically different here than most places I\'ve been is that the members have kept to it and as a result they have deep, complex storylines woven together. It\'s hard to tell that at the surface because a lot of the threads have shorter posts that consist mostly of dialog between two characters- but if you read it from start to finish it is really quite beautiful.

There are going to be a lot of challenges for me here even though I\'ve improved my writing skills and roleplaying knowledge. I\'m used to writing posts that are long, drawn out, paragraph upon paragraph of thoughts of the character, description of the scene, and a little bit of words here and there. I\'m sure this has always been my writing style but I can now understand why the shorter more dialog and action focused posts can be appealing because they allow faster and more \'real\' character interaction between all players involved. I hope to find a middle ground between the two, and that I can somehow improve my grammar which I am really lacking in.

I also want to mention that if anyone needs to tie up loose ends regarding my prior old characters, feel free to PM me and I will work to the best of my ability to resolve any conflicts caused by my departure and the discontinuance of them.