Author Topic: Past Rekindled  (Read 6720 times)

Saccharin

Re: Past Rekindled
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 06:20:28 PM »
Halwyn pouted briefly, disappointed by the lackluster reaction he\'d gotten out of Lazarus. It was an act, he was sure, because Lazarus just didn\'t want to encourage him to toss another pillow his way by letting on that he\'d been annoyed. But even if that hadn\'t been the case, it was best that the blonde had responded the way he had. As soon as Halwyn caught scent of someone acknowledging a behavior of his, he\'d repeat whatever he\'d done because he wanted reactions, whatever they might be. Not responding was the most effective way to make him stop what he was doing.

He shifted in his seat, scooting backward a few inches and sitting up because the pillow wasn\'t there anymore to prevent him from doing so. "Downtown. Main street, Capital Building. Really can\'t miss it, has to be the tallest residential building around. I\'m in 2503, so a ways up. Have a fucking fantastic view. You\'d like it I think." Not content with sitting still, he slid down in the chair again, pushing his feet out and then crossing them at the ankles. "So you never said, where you living at? Near me at all? That\'d be cool if you did. Could come by more often then."

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »
When Halwyn said he lived at the Capital, Lazarus first widened his eyes, then he smirked, and by the time his friend had stopped talking, Lazarus started to giggle.  He didn\'t often giggle, he more often chuckled, but this couldn\'t be described as anything but a giggle, for it was somewhat girlish and bordered on hysteria.  It turned into a full belly laugh, which had Lazarus rolling over onto his back and clutching his sides.

The Capital, of course.  He could almost consider it the centre of this city, the heart, perhaps.

"I\'ve taken over a house not far from here, to the east," he said once his laughter died down, though a few snickers remained to punctuate his sentences.  It was a lie, also, for he\'d found himself an abandoned caravan and had been sleeping in there, while he\'d been checking out houses in the slightly better part of town, shopping for something more worth his while.  "I\'m not particularly attached to it, so I can get myself something closer to you.  Unless you have a spare room you\'d like to offer me," he stated, wondering if his friend would offer Lazarus the easiest path.  The fact he had a female pet annoyed him, but he could stomach Fifi as long as she was appropriately respectful.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Saccharin

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »
With the befuddled smile of someone who wasn\'t sure what was funny, but didn\'t want to appear as if they weren\'t in on the joke, Halwyn watched Lazarus until he stopped laughing. The smile became broader, bordering on a grin when the subject of moving in with him was broached. "I do have a guest room you could stay in," he said excitedly. "Then you wouldn\'t have to go house shopping unless you really wanted to."

He stood, straightened the front of his shirt because it\'d bunched up with the way he\'d been slouching, and then started pacing while chattering animatedly about how easy it\'d be to do all sorts of fun and exciting things if they lived together; it\'d be like they were family and really, he considered Lazarus part of his family, like his brother. What a brother should be, anyway. He loved his older brother, and always would, but he\'d started feeling like he didn\'t want to have anything to do with him, and it sucked, but whatever. If Lazarus was there, he didn\'t need his real brother.

He stopped pacing to level a 100 watt smile at Lazarus. "So whaddya say? Wanna move in?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »
Lazarus watched Halwyn with marked interest.  His gray eyes followed the other vampire\'s form to and fro as the invitation came with more than a hint of excitement.  Predictable and wonderful, his old friend Halwyn.  Now Lazarus remembered why he\'d missed him so badly for a while, before he\'d diverted his attention onto something else.

"Of course I do," he said smoothly.  "And there\'s no time like the present."
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :