Author Topic: Hermits United, continued  (Read 13734 times)

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
Hermits United, continued
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
Ash presented Ichabod with a whiskey glass filled with warmed blood before he sank onto the corner cushion of the lime settee, opposite the younger vampire.  He had his own whiskey glass of blood, though they\'d never held any alcohol.  The women he brought back here often drank wine, or beer, before they partied with him.  He sipped the dark red contents, purchased from Risk by the baggie - it was A positive, but he wasn\'t so refined that he could tell blood types; it was healthy, freshly donated blood, and that was all he cared about.

He didn\'t speak for a long moment, watching the younger one drink the blood offered him, and it was only when he let his Auspex talent drift out that he finally understood why Ichabod felt so familiar to him.  The realisation hit him quite suddenly; enough for him to be struck into silence beyond what he\'d intended before he finally made the obvious statement.

"You live in Kerr\'s apartment."  He followed this declaration with another.  "He sired you."

It was supposed to be a question, but didn\'t sound like one.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Hermits United, continued
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 05:09:26 PM »
“Thank you,” Ichabod murmured as Ash passed him the blood and he took a first deep drink before sipping it more slowly. He had slipped off his boots and his feet were now curled up underneath him. The fledgling had been relieved at the comfortable silence between them on the ride home, and although he’d meant to get off the lift at his floor, somehow he’d found himself here instead.

He\'d cleaned up his face, and the blood on his black shirt had dried so wouldn\'t be as visible to the human eye, but he could feel the cloth stiffening. Ichabod\'s nose still hurt like a bitch, but he knew it wouldn\'t take too long. Hopefully his black eyes would be gone before he saw Ben or Kerr again.

His dark eyes had been focused on the tumbler, watching the blood coat the clear glass and colour it nicely, but he lifted his gaze as Ash spoke.

“Yeah… I only moved in last week, I forgot you lived here too,” Ichabod said, with a slightly apologetic tone to his voice. “He sired me about two years ago now, and we were living in the Oligarchy Chambers, but… me and Ben, we haven’t been able to get on, so I had to leave,” Ichabod explained briefly, guessing Ash would know all about Ben and Kerr being Luminary.

"Thanks... for helping me earlier," he added quietly.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 11:52:44 AM »

Ash nodded while Ichabod spoke about being sired by Kerr and then living with him at the Chambers.  Yeah, he guessed as much.

He waved away the thanks with a quick gesture.

"Ben," Ash said, for he remembered both his own personal and intimate dalliance with the blonde vampire and the stories Kerr had told about him.  "He\'s a piece of work, that one," he said, unimpressed.  There was no question that he thought very little of Ben by his tone.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »
“Yeah, he’s…” He makes Kerr happy for some reason. And it seems like everyone else loves him too. Apart from Ash. Ichabod frowned thoughtfully at Ash over his glass, before speaking again.

“Why don’t you like him?” Ichabod knew Kerr and Ash used to fuck, maybe that had stopped when Ben had come back. Ichabod wasn’t entirely sure of the timeline of Ben coming back although he knew how Kerr had gone to get him from New York - details of things around that time were a little vague to him, Ichabod hadn’t wanted too much information on Kerr and Ben’s wonderful reunion and so hadn\'t asked questions when he\'d had the chance.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »
Ash leaned back so he was settled comfortably in his seat, lifting up his right foot so that his ankle rested upon the opposite knee.  With a casual gesture, he reached down to grip it and hold it in place.  While striking this pose of nonchalance, he was watching Ichabod carefully - as the other vampire watched him, by the look.

"Well, for a start, there was everything Kerr told me about him.  Seems Ben was setting up a vampire to sire him from the start.  That\'s A1 manipulation, right there.  And then I met him, when Kerr brought him back from New York.  I came down to say hey and we ended up fucking.  I didn\'t mind that so much, but after we were done he told me to go back upstairs."  Ash raised his glass to Ichabod, in a cheers gesture.  "Was he the same with you?"

He figured, with the quick way Ben had been ready to fuck, that Ichabod had experienced his vampire sibling.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 03:51:25 AM »
Ben had fucked Ash? Had he known Kerr and Ash had been fooling around? How could he not have? Kerr had told Ichabod when he’d come to visit, and then tried pretty hard to not let Ichabod and Ash have a proper conversation. Had that been… no, that had been before Ben had come back from New York. But Kerr couldn’t have been pleased about it. And seriously, did everyone want to fuck Ben? Sure, he had the model like good looks, but Ichabod really couldn’t see the appeal after that.

Ichabod blinked in surprise at Ash at the question, taking a second to comprehend what was being ask then he wrinkled up his nose (painfully) as he shook his head.

“Oh, Hell, no. Ben and I, we never…” Ichabod had been terrified when he’d thought Ben might make him, when he’d been human, and Ben had been… not himself. But it had never gone that far. Half a blow job, that was all. And that had been bad enough.

“That was when he’d just got back from New York… he was pretty messed up then, he’s better now,” Ichabod said, half disbelieving the words were actually coming out of his mouth. He never thought he would defend his brother like this, but he had to admit, Ben was better. And he and Kerr were in a loving, monogamous relationship as far as Ichabod knew. Ben wouldn’t just fuck anything that glanced his way, not now.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:43:24 AM »
"Better?  What, more practice you mean?" Ash laughed, but didn\'t allow Ichabod the time to respond.  "I bet if you asked him for a blow he\'d get down on his knees quick smart.  He plays the I\'m-better-than-you card really fucking well, but I don\'t think he has any morals."  Ash laughed again and then mumbled to himself.  "Look at me, looking down on someone for not having morals.  The world\'s turned upside fucking down."  Ichabod wasn\'t supposed to necessarily hear it, but being a vampire with his enhanced hearing, there was no way around it.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 04:59:24 AM »
“No,” Ichabod said, squirming a little in his seat as Ash laughed and carried on despite the fledgling’s protests. If he’d drunk more blood his cheeks would have turned bright red at the idea of Ben getting practise, hating that he knew it would be Kerr he would have been practising on. And the idea that Ben might have been cheating on Kerr all this time. Or worse, maybe Kerr knew and was just accepting it.

“He wouldn’t, and I wouldn’t ask. And it’s not just me he wouldn‘t do. Like I said, he’s different now. Maybe it’s not about morals, but him and Kerr… they’re together, like, properly,” Ichabod said, frowning down at his empty glass. “I don’t think he would risk that.”

For a second Ichabod wondered how someone could just go down on someone without even knowing who they were, but then he remembered he’d done exactly that with Lazarus and a fuck load more. How could he judge? But that was a long time ago now.

“Him and Kerr, they weren’t together then… were they?” he asked warily, his black eyes flickering back up to watch Ash, hoping he was right about that.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 07:04:48 AM »
Hearing that Ben and Kerr were back together gave Ash a mixed bag of emotion.  He was pleased for his friend, for he knew how bad Kerr had been for his fledge (but look, there\'s another one here now), but underneath the warm and fuzzy was a black spiky ball of bitterness and jealousy - that Kerr no longer had time for his friends because of his job and his new lovey-dovey fuckling. Now Ichabod and he were on the sidelines.

"Fuck. I don\'t want to talk about Ben anymore," he said, then drained his glass of blood, swallowing it in five large gulps.  "Let\'s change the subject to you. Got anyone you\'re involved with?"

He wasn\'t necessarily interested in Ichabod, but it would be interesting to know if the other was available and looking.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:16:44 AM »
“Uh… no. No one,” Ichabod said shortly. He hadn’t really been expecting the change of topic so suddenly, and hadn’t got a response to his question as to whether Kerr and Ben had been together. Either way, it was a long time ago, so he guessed it really didn’t matter and he couldn’t let himself dwell on that. Ash didn’t want to talk about Ben, and to be honest Ichabod didn’t really want to either. He just couldn’t help himself.

“I haven’t really been… with anyone for a while. Tonight was supposed to be sort of, getting back into it, but clearly I’ve not done a great job,” Ichabod added with a shrug. He didn’t know why he was just blurting this out to Ash, a complete stranger, but it was kind of nice to just have someone else to talk to.

"So, um, what about you? Anyone you\'re... with?" he asked, leaning sideways to put his empty glass onto the table.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 06:55:39 PM »
"Nah, but I haven\'t imposed celibacy upon myself," Ash said, eyeing Ichabod while he said this to make sure the young vampire didn\'t take it badly.  "Are you just into guys, or more like Kerr and me, into women too?"

It would be interesting to have a new wingman; to replace the sire with the fledge would be hilarious.  If Ichabod liked feminine curves as well, then that could increase the pickup potential for both of them, since they had vastly different looks.  Ash knew he was bad boy Hollywood through and through, even though nobody recognised him anymore.  Ichabod, he had that kind of sweetness about him, the kind that works well on girls that liked puppies.  It wasn\'t his thing, but he\'d seen Isaac with young men like that enough to recognise the appeal.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
“It\'s not like that,” Ichabod said, quietly glancing down as Ash implied his celibacy had been intentional. Ichabod just didn’t see the point in going around sleeping with a load of people when he only really wanted to be with one person. One person who didn’t want to be with him. Fuck, this was messed up. But that was why he was trying to shake himself out of it.

“Both I guess. Guys just seem easier a lot of the time,” Ichabod said oblivious to what Ash was thinking. He\'d never been great at picking up girls when he was younger and the women he had been in relationships with had been long term things not one night stands or easy pick ups.

As he considered it, Ichabod let his gaze drift thoughtfully over Ash. He was good looking and had a confident air about him. He looked like he\'d never had any problems picking up men, women, whoever he wanted.  Ichabod could see why Kerr would have slept with him - and they\'d done a whole lot more. Threesomes and probably a load of stuff Ichabod had never really considered. He had no idea how to go out and just find someone to fuck. Even when someone fell into his lap like they had tonight he couldn\'t pull it off. And he knew he was probably the most vanilla vampire in Risk tonight.

“Hey, uh, this might sound really lame and stupid but would you go out with me one night? Like to Risk or something. Maybe give me some tips on how it should be done? I mean, picking someone up? Could be fun?” he suggested hesitantly giving Ash a hopeful smile, half expecting the older vampire to just laugh in his face and bracing himself for that eventuality.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 08:05:12 PM »
Guys seemed easier?  Obviously Ichabod didn\'t keep the same female company as Ash did.  Women, especially in this city, threw themselves at any guy that showed interest.  Probably because there was a high percentage of gays here (including the women themselves), as well as a high percentage of supes.  Weird, that.  It made for picking up the softer of the species a damn site easier, and the great thing was they were often willing to bring along a female friend for a real party.

What Ichabod requested next of Ash did in fact make the movie star laugh, but not in a cruel or derogatory kind of way, more in a flattered and really surprised way.

"Wow, that sounds like a mighty fine way to spend an evening.  If we get really lucky, we could have ourselves a little party and smorgasbord."  He studied Ichabod\'s reaction.  "Unless that makes you uncomfortable," he added, just for prosperity.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »
Ichabod smiled at Ash’s response, pleased that he liked the idea and wasn’t about to start mocking him for being an complete loser. All Ichabo dhad ever wanted was acceptance and Ash seemed to be pretty good at accepting him right now. Still, time would tell when they actually went out.

His mouth goldfished for a few seconds as he realised what  Ash was suggesting afterwards though, surprised that Ash would just come out and say it. Did people actually plan these things? Ichabod had just kind of assumed they just happened. He was having enough trouble finding one person he wanted to sleep with, let alone a variety. And what if Ash came on to him? He was good looking, sexy, and he was clearly confident, the kind of guy Ichabod would usually consider himself lucky to be noticed by.

But he’d fucked Kerr and Ben. It was too messed up and wasn’t something Ichabod wanted to get too involved with.

But he’d already asked to go out with Ash and couldn’t exactly back out now. He’d just have to make sure he remembered that when it came to it.

“Uh, well, we’ll… let’s just see how it goes,” Ichabod said with a shrug, fiddling with a fold in his jeans.

“So… when… when would be good for you? I mean, could… would Monday be okay with you?” he asked, blurting out the last words quickly. He wanted to get this out of the way before he saw Kerr again. Otherwise he’d probably tell him everything and Kerr would try to convince him it was a bad idea. He’d tried to stop him from talking to Ash before, why would now be any different?

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 08:16:46 PM »
Ash laughed a little when Ichabod suggested they \'wait and see\'  He wasn\'t surprised by Ichabod\'s subtle refusal, but he was surprised when the other vampire blurted out a date for their outing.  He was keen.

"Yeah, that\'ll be fine," he agreed, figuring Ichabod might take it badly if he said no, and he wasn\'t doing anything on Monday night anyway.  Fuck, it was about time he found someone who didn\'t religiously follow the weeknight/weekend rituals anyway.  "Actually, it\'ll be fucking fantastic."

He grinned and slapped his palm down on his ankle.

"For now did you want to watch a movie or shoot some pool?  I\'ve got an action flick waiting for me, and a pool table that\'s been gathering dust."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 04:40:33 PM »
Ichabod’s smile broadened as Ash agreed to Monday night with enthusiasm. He knew it would probably feel horrible and awkward on the night, but right now he was excited and looking forward to it. Usually on a night out he would stand awkwardly, more often than not failing to attract any attention unless it was because he was the Luminary’s fledgling.

His eyes flickered to the front door as Ash suggested some other things they could do - Ichabod kne whe should probably get some work done if he was going to be out on Monday, but just hanging out with someone for the night sounded very tempting.

“I guess… a movie sounds pretty good. Stick it on,” Ichabod said, wrapping his arms around his knees, pulling them up to his chest with a smile across at the movie star.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 06:57:29 PM »
"Join me in the media room then," Ash said, getting up.  He gestured for Ichabod to follow and hurried the younger vampire along if he was dragging his feet.  Leading the way, he moved gracefully through the apartment, glancing once or twice at the abstract paintings as he passed, and ended up in the media room.

Ash glanced back and checked that Ichabod had brought along his glass of blood.

"Did you want a refill or warm up?" he offered.  He didn\'t know how badly Ichabod craved the stuff - it was different for every vampire.  The first couple of years Ash had been a lunatic for it, but even though the thirst was a constant, it was now manageable.  He was impatient for the desire to feed to lower from a dull roar, but it came with time and there was no way around that.  While Ichabod answered, Ash flicked through the settings with the remote in order to find the movie he was after.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »
“Oh, ok,” Ichabod said, scrambling ungracefully to his feet and following after the older vampire. He would have liked more time to explore his surroundings, but allowed himself to be hurried along to the media room.

He had been distracted by the sights until Ash asked about his drink and Ichabod glanced down at his empty glass which he’d scooped up (just in case there was a drop left in it) and then back towards Ash, hunger seeping into his gaze even as he tried to hide it.

“Yes, yes please, more would be good. I meant to feed out, but obviously that didn’t go to plan,” Ichabod said with an embarrassed sort of shrug. Fuck, Kerr was right. He needed to eat properly, bottled blood wasn’t going to cut it for too long, but when he tried everything just seemed to go to pot. Just eating on the streets near the Capital Building didn’t seem all that wise - if he did mess it up he didn’t want anything to be able to be linked back to him in any way. It was ridiculous and he was being paranoid, he knew that. He’d been able to feed before without someone there to hold his hand. He’d gone out to feed on the streets alone, but then there had always been Kerr who would be at home when he needed him.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
"Yeah, there\'s assholes everywhere - even immortal ones," he said with a chuckle as he took Ichabod\'s glass.  He knew he\'d earned himself that title from more than a few women and maybe even some men.  "I always have stock handy if you\'re desperate," he offered, already near the doorway but pausing to speak with Ichabod before he disappeared to get the younger vampire his refill of blood.  "I have a black book you can go through, too, if you want to try out some live donors."

His black book was actually a dark red book, but he knew that Ichabod would understand the gist of his words.  Before he could receive any protests or look at any reaction, he disappeared in order to pour some more blood out.

He nuked it in a bottle to warm it up, shook it and then poured the blood into a glass for Ichabod.  It was extremely hot when he returned to the media room where Ichabod was waiting, but he knew it would cool pretty quick.  Ichabod would feel the heat through the glass so there was no point warning him.  Vampires didn\'t feel pain via heat the way mortals did.

He got the movie set up and ready to play, waiting for Ichabod to ask him about his black book, wondering if the fledge would.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 10:29:37 PM »
Whilst Ash was heating up the blood Ichabod settled himself on the sofa, fiddling with a crease in his jeans as he considered Ash’s offer. Would that be weird? Picking someone from Ash’s little black book to feed from? Would that include someone to hook up with? It would be kind of odd, like calling up for a whore to come around to visit. Only, without paying for it. Maybe like a bootie call, only with someone he didn’t know. Yep, that would definitely be weird. But it might be less humiliating having just one person there to make a fool of himself in front of than doing in front of a whole club.

“Thanks,” Ichabod said with a smile, accepting the hot blood and cradling it in his hands, savouring the heat before it began to cool.

“I don’t think I’ve ever knowingly met anyone who actually has a black book. Do you really use it a lot? To like… call up people you’ve hooked up with? Or is it more of a record?” he asked curiously, sipping the hot blood.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 04:40:19 PM »
"Bit of both, really," Ash replied, muting the movie on the DVD menu rather than pressing play, so they could talk for a bit beforehand.  As soon as they were done talking, they could watch the flick, but right now Ash was more interested in what Ichabod had to say.  "Whenever I make a contact I want to call again, I write them in there.  I suppose you can do it on a mobile these days, but call me a traditionalist or whatever, I prefer to keep my A-list in a notebook."

He held up his index finger in a universally recognised \'one moment\' way, shifted position and dug out his dark red leather-clad notebook from out of his back jeans pocket in order to show Ichabod.  He tossed it over to the fledgling, the battered and well-used book had a slot for a small pen to fit in it, but there was a short pencil in the slot instead.  Despite this, all entries were in pen, some in blue and black, others in red.  All of them in alphabetical order by first name.  If Ichabod ended up flicking through it, he\'d find quite a few entries in the second page of the XYZ section, in pencil.  There was a written word in parenthesis: (BLANK), a location (Risk, Park, Pool Hall, Tantric, Beach), and a phone number after that.  After the phone number was a mentioned colour - blue, black, red.  Obviously the colour pen Ash would use to write the person\'s name in, should he ever find out what it was. A few names had been crossed out with a single line, also.

"That book\'s about three years old.  When it gets too messy, I buy another book and transfer the people I want," he explained, as Ichabod looked at it.  "Red means blood donor.  Black means sex only."

Kerr was in there, if Ichabod checked the \'K\' listings.  His name was written in blue pen.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
Ichabod gave a chuckle as Ash was able to produce the book instantly from a pocket. He seriously carried it around with him everywhere? Even in the house? The fledgling flicked through it as Ash explained what the colours meant, looking for people he knew without even thinking about it. He was surprised not to see Kerr’s name when he looked under ‘G’, but then realised it went by first name and found his sire under the ‘K’s pretty quickly.

“And blue… vampires?” he asked, his black eyes flickering up to the actor opposite him to check whether he was right in his guess. Either that or blue meant threesomes or whatever else the hell Ash and Kerr used to get up to.

“I guess this makes more sense than having scraps of paper or whatever,” Ichabod said, turning a few more pages before shutting it and holding it out to its rightful owner again. It was a tempting offer for a few seconds, to just be able to call up anyone, but fuck knows how they would react to some strange vampire calling them up out of the blue, and he didn’t have anywhere near enough self confidence to believe that any of them would be happy to have him when they were written in Ash’s book.

“Maybe after you’ve taught me all your skills I’ll start my own,” Ichabod said jokily, not really believing he’d ever be able to pick up enough people to warrant ever having a book dedicated to it. He’d never been terribly comfortable with one night stands as it was, having a book of people to make booty calls to (or whatever the vampiric equivalent was) would feel weird. Fuck, even his mobile only had twenty or so contacts and most of them he’d just transferred over from an old one out of habit, he doubted he would ever actually call them again. Some of them were friends he’d had at university - and Cole was still in there although he’d changed his name to ‘do not answer’.

This whole idea was making Ichabod nervous, the thought of going out and having someone he barely knew offering tips, judging him, but he needed to stop being such a loner, and better to have Ash than Ben. And maybe Kerr wouldn’t be too happy to find out it was Ash he’d gone out with, but surely he’d be alright with it? Better Ash than no one, right? He settled down to look at the TV, expecting the film to be turned on and thinking over what they’d been talking about. He didn’t want to talk about it too much more in case he convinced himself it was a bad idea, which was already niggling at his mind.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »
"Friends," Ash corrected when Ichabod suggested what the blue pen meant.  He could\'ve put Kerr\'s name in black, for booty, but Kerr was more than that to him.  There weren\'t a whole lot of blue pen friends in the book (the red and black entries were mostly even), but there were enough that it could be argued Ash wasn\'t at a loss for friends.  "I\'d write your name in there but I don\'t know whether to use blue or black," he joked.  He saw it fell flat and shook his head at the younger vampire, waving a hand in a way that showed he wanted the comment gone between them - as if it were a bad smell.  When Ichabod settled to watch the screen, it was pretty obvious that he no longer wanted to discuss Ash\'s black (red) book, and so Ash made it disappear.

The movie was fast-paced, full of action, swearing, cheesy one liners and general entertainment fluff.  It was the type of movie that could be cheered or jeered at, which was what Ash liked.  It couldn\'t be discussed for its arthouse merit or what this piece of dialogue could\'ve meant, or what that scene was all about, or what did the ending really imply anyway?  Those were all things Ash had been happy to leave behind.  When the credits rolled, a punk rock song played, and Ash turned the media centre off, leaving them with a not-quite-black screen.  It was dark in the room without the movie screen to supply light, but both of them could see extremely well in the dark.

"Ah, I forgot how much fun movies like that were," he said, in order to start the conversation ball rolling again.  He wondered if Ichabod would help him along or make noises to leave.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 07:48:57 AM »
Ichabod’s cheeks flushed pink at Ash’s joke with the blood he’d just drunk and if he hadn’t been wishing they could just leave it and turn on the movie before he did then. Ash was sexy, confident, friendly and Ichabod could easily see himself getting caught up in all that, if the whole situation just wasn’t so fucked up.

After a short while not really focusing on the movie Ichabod found himself drawn into it, catching up on what he’d not really paid attention to pretty quickly. It was the kind of film he liked and was in the mood for tonight, something which didn’t require too much thought since his mind kept wandering.

As it finished Ichabod glanced across at Ash with a smile, some of his discomfort forgotten for now.

“Yeah, that was good. Maybe we could do this again? I mean, like, if the whole Risk thing goes tits up… I got work to do and stuff, but after that…. But I don’t want to bug you,” Ichabod said, speaking in a bit of a rush and twisting his fingers together in his lap as he watched Ash, wondering if he should just get up and go now the film was over. That would probably be best, he didn’t want the older vampire getting sick of him when they’d only just met properly.

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 09:03:36 AM »
"Tits up?" Ash repeated with a frown and a laugh.  "Not heard that one before.  I like it."  He grinned sideways at Ichabod and nodded.  "Sure!  I need someone to drop in on unannounced."

He shook his head when Ichabod talked about bugging him.

"Nah, mi casa su casa," he said, sweeping his arm around.  "You can drop by anytime.  If you bug me, I\'ll just tell you."  He laughed again, like he\'d just made a good funny, but then as his laughs dwindled away he became a little more sober.  "Seriously, dude, if you get stuck for blood or donors or whatever, I\'ll always have something available."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
“Cool, well… thanks,” Ichabod said with a grin. “I got blood at mine and Kerr isn’t all that far away, but it’s nice to know there’s another friendly face around here. A bit closer.” He knew Kerr was still in the city, and just a phone call away anytime, but it felt like so far when he’d been living in such close quarters with his sire for the past two years.

“Well if we’re going out on Monday, I should probably go get some work done tonight,” Ichabod said, stretching out his legs to place his feet on the floor. “I’m finishing my uni course, so I got stuff to do, reading and stuff,” he added with a shrug as he stood up.

It always felt a bit awkward leaving, but he couldn’t hang around here all night and to be honest Ash and his jokes made him feel a little uncomfortable. At least they did now. Maybe when they knew each other a little better it would be easier/

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
"Yeah, okay.  I\'ll come down and see you Monday," Ash said with a little wave of his hand.  Regardless of whether Ichabod dawdled or not, he took out his little black book again - which was red - because he hadn\'t looked through it in a while and talking about it had piqued his interest.  "Bye," he said absently, though he could\'ve been saying it to an empty doorway by now.