Author Topic: Abandonment Issues  (Read 16057 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Abandonment Issues
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2011, 03:22:25 AM »
Had Will voiced his opinion, it would\'ve given the redhead something to laugh at, for he believed he was dressed excessively, considering he was lounging comfortably in his own home, with no-one but his best friend to judge him.  If the best friend hadn\'t been there, he would\'ve been naked, but he knew the blonde wouldn\'t like that, so clothed he was!

He did laugh heartily at Will\'s comment about the vat of cum, finding it a delectable thought, but then the movie started and he settled back to enjoy it.  Every now and then, whenever Will\'s fingers brushed his ankle on their way up or down his leg, or smoothed along his foot, he would subconsciously acknowledge the contact with a small one of his own, brushing his foot along Will\'s thigh a little, nuzzling with his toes or tilting a foot forward to stroke the other thigh, a reassuring gratitude pat returned.

By the time the movie finished, Indie had sat up out of Will\'s hold, too excited by the climactic fight scenes to lay there any longer, his left leg bent and his foot tucked against his ass while he hugged it, his right on the carpet.  He was pressed up against Will; there was plenty of space on his other side that he could\'ve sat in and it would\'ve meant he wasn\'t more or less squashing his friend into a corner, but he didn\'t notice.  He was too busy being thrilled by the action - and shocked by the twist at the end.

"Oh my God!" he breathed, turning to look at Will with wide eyes and an open mouth that proclaimed his surprise clearly.  It only took him a moment to realise that his friend had no real recollection of the movies in the series up to that point and therefore didn\'t realise the possibilities that number six in the franchise would bring.  He gave Will\'s thigh a shove, a recriminating expression on his face.  "Fuck you\'re annoying!" he admonished.  "I try so hard to educate you, but you resist my teachings and so you completely miss the path!"  He was beginning to enjoy his preaching, his eyes turning bluer and glinting more as he warmed to his topic.

"You\'re ignorant!  You don\'t get anything!  How do you even remember to put your clothes on?  Sometimes I wonder about you!"

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2011, 03:49:53 AM »
Will enjoyed the film, he always did, but after watching them most of the details slipped away. It was just a story, not important. And to be honest, he loved the way Indie reacted when Will gave him a blank look, as though he’d just woken up from a two hour nap.

“I get plenty. And I enjoyed it, I just…” Will gestured at the TV, then looked back at Indie with a grin, “Besides, I have you. You’ll be happy to remind me of all of this before the next one comes out so why does it matter? I would be taking away your joy, and I’m nicer than that,” he added with a chuckle.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2011, 03:56:33 AM »
Indie made a soft snorting sound and turned the entertainment system off, leaving them bathed only in the glow of blue standby lights.  He rested his head back against the soft suede couch and then allowed it to loll, so that he was looking at Will through lazy, half-lidded eyes.

"Yeah, you\'re nice.  Remind me again what the plan with Anna is?" he asked mockingly, frowning as if he was trying very hard to remember something distant.  Still, there was something very reassuring in hearing that he was expected to be around to remind Will of everything that had already transpired, when the next film in this franchise came out.  It made him feel... stable, if not tethered.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2011, 04:17:40 AM »
“I’m nice to people who deserve it. You have your moments. That’s why I keep you around,” Will said, letting his head flop back against he sofa as well as he watched Indie. “I was lovely to her when she behaved. Aren’t I nice to you?” he asked, lifting a hand to lightly stroke a finger along Indie’s jaw, loving seeing the redhead look so relaxed and at ease.

"You gonna sleep in the coffin again today?" he asked as his let his mind wander a little, thinking about how calm Indie had looked sleeping compared to during their argument the night before. He didn\'t usually sleep, and that was especially true when he was sharing a bed, but there would be worse views to see all through the day. And with the way Indie was acting... maybe he wouldn\'t be too opposed to the idea.

"Can\'t be that comfy really, or am I mistaken?" he asked, not wanting to leave too long a pause for Indie to think too much about it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »
"Sometimes," the redhead snorted, making a show of swatting at the hand hovering around his face, except he didn\'t push it away so much as snatch it out of the air and drag it down to rest on their thighs, held lightly in his own.

"Nah," he answered the next question, and was already thinking about the benefits of his coffin when the final query came.  "Well, it\'s not soft, but it\'s, I like it \'cos it\'s, see it\'s..." he broke off, trying to put his thoughts into words, not realising that he was showing his thoughts by letting go of Will\'s hand and wrapping his arms about his upper body, hugging himself.  "Safe," he eventually finished, looking over his bicep at his friend.

He couldn\'t - or wouldn\'t - put into words the fact that the coffin was a place he retreated to when he was most troubled, most upset, and needed a haven of some sort - beyond saying it was where he felt \'safe\'.  His broad shoulders fit very snugly in the tight space, it cocooned him and made him feel steady when his heart and soul were entirely the opposite - that was exactly how he\'d felt the night before, when he and Will had fought.  Adrift and unsteady, in need of comfort and holding.

It was alright when he and Will weren\'t fighting.  When he was upset though, the coffin was what made him feel better.

He grinned and dropped his arms from around himself, not seeking out Will\'s hand again but resting his forearm against it instinctively.  "I\'ll be right, back in my own bed today.  Besides, I dirtied the coffin with my filthy feet last night, I\'m gonna\' hafta\' get the fuckin\' thing cleaned.  Where the fuck d\'you look for an at-home coffin cleaner?"  He brayed a laugh at the thought of going through the Yellow Pages hoping there\'d be that exact section in there for him to choose someone from.  Or a chemical advertised.  How the fuck would he clean it?

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2011, 04:00:20 AM »
“Sometimes? Cheeky fuck,” Will muttered playfully, but he said no more as Indie tried to explain the coffin without too many words. His grey eyes drifted over the younger vampire as he hugged himself and his lips pressed together slightly at the chosen word.

Safe. Safe from… Will? It was after their fight and Indie had been pretty upset - so had Will. But it wasn’t like a coffin would actually protect him from Will is the blonde did decide to hurt him. But he got it was more a feeling than an actual secure place - and Will hadn’t realised Indie might want a place to hide from him. It was like a child storming off and locking themselves in their room to hide from a parent. Will hadn’t meant to make his friend feel like that.

“I would have thought you’d have some freaky friends who’ve experienced this issue before,” Will said, forcing himself to focus on Indie’s inane comments about the dirty coffin. “Undertaker - sure they see all kinds of fucked up crap in this city, they’d do it,” he added, although he really didn’t want to think about cleaning issues at the moment.

A part of him wanted to apologise - knowing it was his fault Indie had needed that comfort that day. But at the same time he knew very well that an apology like that could probably be mocked by the redhead and that would only piss him off, or end up making Indie retreat into the coffin once again. As would the suggestion William really wanted to make.

He turned his arm to curl his fingers through Indie’s, dropping his head back against the sofa to stare at the blue screen.

“If you hadn’t had that coffin before I arrived I could feel quite insulted at that,” he said idly without looking towards Indie.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2011, 07:05:26 AM »
The seriousness of the statement - despite the casual tone - had the redhead frowning, inspecting Will\'s profile in an effort to decipher his true meaning.  William\'d be... insulted that he\'d gone to his coffin yesterday?  Why?  Because he\'d said he felt safe in there?  His eyes widened slightly and he squeezed the fingers intertwined with his own in an effort to get his friend to look at him.

"I don\'t mean safe like that," he urged, his tone matching Will\'s seriousness, "I just mean... I was confused.  I was so scared you were gone for good, then you came back and I was so relieved, then you... touched me," he faltered, his frown returning along with the bewildered and embarrassed feeling he\'d had last night, instantly making him want to shy away from discussing this... but he saw a need to, if the alternative was insulting his friend, "n\'... I liked it but you got mad that I liked it n\' I couldn\'t figure out why you were so mad at me so... I exhausted myself by running and went to the coffin because... you were mad at me and... I was confused about why, so I needed... I just needed to feel better," he finished on barely a whisper, wondering if he\'d sounded as lame as he thought he had.

Had he even clarified anything?  His head was muddled with that godawful feeling of shame Will\'s turning on him had given him and he was pretty sure he\'d just reinforced the idea that he\'d run to the coffin to get away from Will, when he hadn\'t, really.  It was his retreat.

"When I\'m...

scared

worried, I feel like... I\'ll just float away into pieces and never be whole again, sometimes.  My memory\'s already gone half the time.  There\'s not much holding me together, it seems.  \'cept you.  When you were gone... I slept in there, too.  It closes me in and keeps me together.  When you don\'t."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2011, 07:28:17 AM »
Will’s gaze drifted back to Indie, watching him steadily and making no attempt to interrupt. He wanted to understand, to know what the redhead had been thinking and why he’d acted like that. Will was confused himself by the whole affair. He frowned slightly, his thumb running over Indie’s hand as he spoke, but it stilled as Indie fell silent finally.

When he was finished Will swivelled around, releasing Indie’s hand and putting it around Indie’s shoulders, pulling the younger vampire closer and hugging him tightly, ignoring any attempt Indie made to escape. His other arm dropped into Indie’s lap to grasp the hand he’d had to release to hug the kid.

“I was angry because I thought you liked it when you were imagining a woman. I felt like I was just… a tool. It was embarrassing.” It was a relief to know Indie had liked it… but he’d fucked it up. It had been going so perfectly and Will just hadn’t been able to believe it. He’d had to make it all more difficult than it was.

William pressed a kiss to Indie’s cheek, landing a little closer to the redhead’s lips than he’d meant to, but letting it linger.

“I’m sorry I left without telling you. Sleep beside me today?” he asked, knowing very well the request might be rejected, or Indie might point out that Will didn’t sleep, but he wanted to ask. He had no intention of touching his friend if the redhead didn’t want it, but he wanted to be there. He wanted to hold him, make him feel safe.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2011, 07:36:08 AM »
The hug felt so much nicer than he expected it to; it was better than the coffin wrapped around him, in fact, because it was Will... he\'d do anything for Will.

That was made even more clear when the kiss came and he almost turned his head to press his lips to his friend\'s.  A feeling of panic rose in him, but it was quelled by the feelings of safety, of reassurance, of submission to his friend.  Perhaps if he hadn\'t been being held it might\'ve been different, but those arms were like talismans, making him feel strong and unconquerable.  He would keep his lips to himself, for now, though.

"Yes," he said simply, looking forward to falling into sleep feeling exactly like this.  Safe.  With his world at rights, because his friend was curled around him.  Wordlessly, he got up, holding Will\'s hand, and followed him to his bedroom.