Author Topic: Change of Hearts  (Read 21966 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Change of Hearts
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:34:12 AM »
“Kid, you home yet?” Will called out as he entered the house a few hours after leaving his fledgling in the park. He had been planning on going straight home, but had found himself strolling around the city aimlessly for a while, trying to work out what he was feeling, and what he should be feeling.

He had been so angry at her, so ready to hurt anyone she showed the slightest interest in just to get at her, but something had changed. He’d turned her into a villainous bitch in their time apart and she’d played up to it when they had met again, but tonight? Tonight she had been that girl who wanted to know everything and get everything right. Will had been delighted with her ambition then as he was now as well. Of course, she had a long way to go since she’d apparently learnt so little in their time apart, but he had time to show her and to find out whether he could forgive her for not following him last time.

Maybe it wasn’t just her though. He felt so much happier tonight and in the last few nights and he knew it was in more than a small way because of Indie. He’d helped the blonde sleep and a proper rest during the daytime had done his mood the world of good when he’d gone to see his rogue fledgling.

“Come here,” William called out again as he flopped down on the sofa, forgetting that Indie had said something about going out somewhere with... well, someone, and may well not be home until just before sunrise if things went well. He wanted Indie beside him now and the idea that he might not be there, or might not come at the call didn’t even occur to him.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Change of Hearts
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 04:59:52 PM »
Will\'s return came at a very... awkward time for Indiana.

He\'d had an absolute shit of an evening yet, when he\'d set the date up a couple of nights before, it had held the promise of a thousand sunsets.  He\'d planned to spend the whole evening with a sensual, mature, absolutely drop-dead gorgeous woman that he\'d met two nights before at some twilight street market thing in the hippy end of town.  He\'d been hungry, she\'d known about vamps, badaboom he\'d snuck into her tent and drunk from her before they\'d had some frantic and altogether mind-blowing sex (she\'d dropped the flap so no-one came in).

Tonight was supposed to have been a repeat - well, the fucking part had been - but it hadn\'t gone well from the start.  He\'d endured watching her stuff her face and babble non-stop about her ex-husband, the best friend he\'d screwed and the alimony she was owed.  He\'d sat through some ridiculous movie about true love and happy endings that had left her blubbering on his shoulder.  He\'d gone back to her place, where she\'d dutifully dismissed the sitter, and snuck into her bedroom with her, thinking that, at last he was going to be rewarded for putting up with someone who, quite frankly, was nuttier than a packet of peanuts M&Ms.

Only just as they\'d started getting into it, her kid came in.  Her daughter, to be exact, moaning about how she wasn\'t feeling too well and, unfazed by Indie rolling off her mother so they could have a conversation, proceeded to work her way in to the bed with them.  Between them.

Now, she was supposed to be only fourteen years old or something, but she was a damn mature fourteen from what he could see under her shortie nightie and he happened to brush against the kid while he hastily moved back (but she was big), when the kid squawked at her mother that he\'d touched her.  The next thing he knew, World War Three had broken out.  The bitch was out of the bed - completely naked - throwing anything that came to hand at him, screeching that he was a pervert and a monster and a paedophile and a creep and to get out of her house!

Ducking under the projectiles coming his way, Indie had done so with supernatural speed, snatching up his clothes and dressing out on the porch because he was so pleased to have got out of there.  He yelled a few profanities at her and considered vandalising something of hers as he left, but was fairly happy with the neighbourhood finding out she was a cock-teasing nutcase that had never met a rational emotion she\'d liked, evidence that they\'d heard coming in the form of lights flipping on all over the street as he\'d sauntered away.

So his night had ended much sooner than intended, in a whole heap more frustration than he liked and he\'d come home to watch some of his home-made movies and jerk off instead of dealing with any more volatile humans tonight.  Except then his dickwad of a roommate had come home just as he\'d got settled and stroking, shouting at him to come on command - and fuck didn\'t he wish he could?

"Unfuckingbelievable!" he muttered to himself as he let go of his badly-teased cock and stood up.  He jumped on the spot a couple of times in an attempt to redistribute the blood flow in his undead body but it didn\'t really want to go anywhere else and he couldn\'t blame it.  He pulled on a pair of linen shorts that reached his knees and held his semi mostly pointing southward, flicked off his entertainment system and strode out to the lounge area with stomping, angry feet.

"What the fuck, man?" he demanded loudly as he fell onto his end of the couch, pulling his heels up to tuck against his ass and do his best to block his groin (while giving it space), wanting it to calm down without Will staring.  He glared sideways at his roommate, all the fire of a frustrating evening glinting in his russet-coloured eyes.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »
Will gave an innocent smile as Indie scowled at him, acting as though he hadn’t just yelled for his housemate to come entertain him as soon as he’d entered the house. With the mood he was in he wouldn’t have minded if Indie had kept him waiting a while.

“Oo, what did I do to deserve that look?” Will asked with a cheerful grin, his grey eyes scanning over the younger vampire, but not with as much scrutiny as usual or he may have noticed what Indie has trying to hide.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 05:21:50 PM »
The redhead\'s eyes narrowed hatefully, even though he knew it was likely just to make his companion laugh harder.  "You were cheerful," he ground out.  "Too fucking cheerful.  Why the fuck are you so fucking cheerful?" he spat, fighting the urge to strike the smug look off the blonde\'s face - that would only end in a wrestling match and Indie knew very well how it\'d go.  Especially if Will got close enough to feel his little annoyance.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:09:54 AM »
Will raised an eyebrow at the venom in Indie’s voice, a smile still playing on his lips, although it had faded a little. He liked the happy Indie and didn’t want to see the redhead so pissed off when he’d done nothing wrong.

“And why shouldn’t I be happy? When I get to home to your delightful company after spending some quality time with my fledgling?” he asked in a clearly sarcastic tone of voice, toeing off his shoes and slouching down a little further on the sofa, making his t-shirt ride up a little as he made himself comfortable against the arm of the sofa.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 10:15:25 PM »
The younger vampire blinked, his brow furrowing because it wasn\'t sarcasm he was detecting coming from Will when he spoke of his fledgling... what was that bitch\'s name again?  Indie already couldn\'t think of it, though he wondered if, this time, it was a bit more selective than just his usual swiss cheese brain fucking things up.

"You serious?" he sneered.  "I thought you hated her and were busy plotting your revenge on her for all those years of misery?  How\'d you end up having a good time with her?" the redhead finished, looking his companion over suspiciously.  A sudden thought then caused his expression and his attitude to lighten slightly.  "She fuck you again?"

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 05:39:36 AM »
Will’s smile disappeared at the sneer from his companion. Hadn’t Indie been thinking his plan had been a bit over the top for what she had done? And it felt weird that Indie knew what he had been thinking, when usually Will was such a good liar. It came naturally to him and he did it instinctively, but Indie could see through him so much of the time now.

His humour was brought back as Indie suggested they fucked and he gave a laugh, running a hand through his hair. Damn, she hadn’t been as unbearable tonight, but they were still a long way off that.

“You taking the piss? No way. I was trying to get her to trust me, because it would be easier to do everything, but… I started teaching her stuff, stuff we didn’t get to when she was first turned. And she wasn’t so much of a bitch once she’d calmed down. And she’s still my blood, kid,” he explained with a chuckle. Yes, maybe he was fickle, but he didn’t really care.

“The plan’s not out of window, but I quite like it here, I’d rather not get us noticed by killing a human if there are other ways to do things,” he added.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 07:37:08 AM »
Indie simply glowered at Will, unimpressed by how happy he was.  Sure, he hadn\'t thought it a logical plan to go round killing off mortals the fledgling liked, but he also didn\'t think he particularly liked this new, happy-with-her version of his housemate, either.  In fact, in his current foul mood, he positively loathed it.

Still, he was self-aware enough to realise that mostly it was his own horrid predicament causing him to have not-so-rosy glasses on to look at the situation.  The rest of it was a load of resentment at Will\'s cheeriness and a healthy dose of sudden jealousy that she had now put Will in a place he \'quite liked\' and she was his blood.  Unlike Indie, who was just the guy he lived with, fought with occasionally and whose bed he\'d started sleeping in.  But whatfuckingever.

"Right," he stated flatly, deciding taking the high road might be better to avoid a fight.  And spilling his guts.  This \'feeling\' business was hateful shit.  "So is that all you called me out here for?  To gloat about your happy fucking family now?" he demanded in a bored tone, shifting slightly on the couch like he\'d rather get up and leave than listen to any more happiness.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 08:07:01 AM »
Will blinked, the smile finally disappearing from his face completely as Indie gave him that look. And that fucking lack of interest. What was wrong with him? Was this like the other night? When Indie got all defensive because he’d missed him? Will wasn’t used to people acting like this about him and he wasn’t sure how to act around it.

He stayed silent for a moment, before shuffling closer to Indie, creeping onto the middle couch which he usually stretched out his legs on, so that his folder up legs were pressed up against Indie’s for as long as he could, guessing Indie would move away pretty sharpish.

“You’re my family more than her,” Will said hesitantly, looking decidedly wary about saying the words. “And I was happy, I wanted to be happy with you,” he added, a scowl coming over his face as he said it, looking anything but happy with the redhead at that moment.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »
Indie gave Will a leery look, shuffling a little in his position but not moving away, just dropping his right leg to lean on the armchair of the couch.  He lifted his ass off the seat a little and pulled the leg of his shorts farther along his left leg, leaving both hands atop his knee to further block Will\'s gaze from his lap.

The contact didn\'t excite him but he was craving comfort just then and it didn\'t help him deflate any more, either.  The words also helped him feel a little better.  "Well.  I\'ve had a shithouse night\'n\'m not really happy.  Sorry," he muttered begrudgingly, his expression slightly more mollified now.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
As Indie looked more peaceful William felt himself relax too and he leant sideways against the back of the sofa, leaning his head against the cushions as he lifted a hand to stroke through Indie’s russet hair.

“What happened?” he asked softly, content to let Indie vent since the younger vampire had been an ear for him when he’d needed it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 07:42:24 PM »
"Don\'t baby me," the redhead ordered gruffly, pulling his head sharply out of Will\'s reach.  The tingles were still running across his scalp and goosebumps had crawled up the skin of his arms, making him realise that, in his aroused state, he was hypersensitive to touch... and wanted more.  Fucking awesome.

Memories of Will laying atop him, stroking him, whispering in his ear - before it got all demanding and weird - surfaced despite his desire to keep them at bay, and he did his best to ignore them, but they wouldn\'t entirely go.

"I had a shit date, is all.  The bitch whined sixty times more than she did the other night, she completely sucked ass.  And then when I thought I\'d at least get laid out of it, her nympho kid gets into bed with us and sets her off like a fuckin\' rocket!" Indie enthused, waving his hand forcefully about to emphasise different parts of his story.  It wasn\'t necessarily the whole truth of what had happened, but that hardly mattered now that he was wound up in his telling.

"Bitch kicked me out of the house - naked! - after she\'d chucked pretty much her entire bedroom contents at me, save the bed.  Fuckin\' nutcase," he muttered sadly to himself, shaking his head at his very poor luck.  "So I came home, \'cos I\'ve fucking had enough of cockteasing mortals, and then you\'re all cheerful.  I\'d happily strangle any that got near me, right now, that\'s about as cheerful as I get," he growled, accidentally doing a wonderful impression of a tantrumming two year old, pouty lip and all.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »
Will pressed his lips together tightly as Indie jerked away, and dropped his hand down to rest  in his lap, but he didn’t move back along the sofa away from the redhead. He stayed silent as Indie raved, trying hard to keep the laughter which threatened to bubble up from emerging. Seriously though, it was fucking hilarious, although he could see why Indie was getting himself all worked up about it though.

“I see… so you’re a little… frustrated,” Will said, his grey eyes flickering downwards to Indie’s groin as the younger vampire’s dramatic gesturing had removed some of his hiding place. “You know, if you were otherwise engaged when I returned you didn’t have to come running when I shouted - I probably wouldn’t have come looking for you,” he added, letting the playful grin slip onto his face although he knew that a smile at his position and comments like this were most likely just going to piss Indie off more.

“You could have just gone to Risk to find someone else. Not like there’s a lack of women out there willing to massage your ego,” Will said with a shrug.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
Indie\'s glare would\'ve poked holes through lesser men.

"You obviously missed the part where I said I fucking hate them all and wish they would just die!  And this is hardly my ego!!" he added with extra venom, dropping his leg and pointing with both hands at his crotch.  There was an obvious arch raised beneath his fly.  That was what he needed stroked.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »
“You would have changed your mind about them all dieing as soon as some pretty girl offered to put her mouth on you,” Will pointed out. Maybe Indie was swearing off women for now, but Will doubted it would last longer than tonight for the redhead.

His fingers curled into loose fists as Indie directed his gaze downwards again, stealing himself against he temptation to reach out and offer his help with this matter. That hadn’t ended well last time, and Will wasn’t going to start that again. If Indie wanted him, he could be the one to make it clear - Will wasn’t just going to play the role of an extra hand for the younger vampire.

“Well like I/ said - you didn’t have to come running when I shouted. You are perfectly capable of taking care of that yourself,” Will said in cooler voice, forcing himself to bring his gaze upwards again to steadily watch Indie.