Author Topic: Best-laid Schemes  (Read 10487 times)

Saccharin

Re: Best-laid Schemes
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 06:51:45 PM »
The reason Vomas had originally sought Sam escaped him as he took in the sight of the barely-clothed man. True, it wasn\'t the first time he\'d had the pleasure of seeing him in full light, but it didn\'t lessen the impact one bit. Even after he was pulled inside, he continued examining Sam\'s athletically developed body with his bottom lip caught between his teeth, making a Herculean effort to recall what he\'d ventured there for.

"Right, ah," he said, shaking his head. His brain rattling around in his skull was enough to make him remember he had one in the first place, and he took the opportunity to peel his eyes from Samuel\'s bottom half and instead focus on his face.

"Kerr called me into his office earlier to discuss some dinner Jake wants to set up. Clan thing." He slid his hands into his jacket pockets and regarded Sam steadily, already having mostly recovered from his earlier shock. "What I wanted to talk to you about is how Kerr invited us to attend as a couple. Do you perhaps know why?"

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 09:27:15 PM »
Kerr?  Samuel\'s eyes widened as he realised the depth of the shit he was in.  No wonder Vomas had come to his place; he had to be furious that the big boss thought of them as a couple, even if he was hiding his fury fairly well at this stage.

"I haven\'t said anything to any-w\'ohh!" he exclaimed, having raised his hands beside his head in a surrender-style gesture, his expression earnest, only to suddenly take on a sickened look mere seconds into his protest of innocence.  If possible, his eyes widened even more.

"The trophy wife!" he exclaimed, his hands lowering in unison with his brows.  "I haven\'t said anything to anyone and I\'ve never run into anyone leaving your place," he asserted forthrightly, taking a step towards Vomas as he defended himself, "but there was this one morning I needed to go back down to the library to get my USB and I ran into him when the lift arrived.  You and I had just finished up, I wasn\'t even dressed properly but I figured it was so late, no-one would be around and I\'d just duck into the library and back into the lift, it wouldn\'t hurt and Ben was there, waiting for the lift!"

Sam\'s rapid speech came to a sudden pause then, the short-lived victory of figuring out who might have outed them halting his bitter tone as he realised exactly what he was saying.  Ben had seen him and no doubt figured out he was fucking someone in the building but as for how he figured out who, Sam had no idea.  He could only suppose the peepholes on the Oligarchs\' floor had been utilised when he was least aware of it - Hell, for all he knew, his sighting by Ben that very early morning might have absolutely nothing to do with it, but he still felt like it did.

"Oh, God," he finished weakly, his expression crumpling as he gazed at Vomas, feeling suddenly ill, even if that wasn\'t possible.  "I\'m so sorry," he whispered, walking dazedly around his boss towards the closest chair and plopping down upon it, elbows on knees and both hands pushed through his hair and then cradling his head as he stared first at the carpet and then up at his lover.  "This has to be my fault... someone saw me or... Ben figured it out or... I don\'t know,  I honestly don\'t but... it must\'ve been me. I\'m so sorry," he repeated, looking up at his boss with large, troubled eyes.  All teasing and merriment was gone from them now as he anticipated being chastised and their arrangement being summarily ended.

A sharp twist of sadness stung his heart at the very thought of it and he knew how very much he didn\'t want that to happen.  He was readying his arguments for proceeding as they were anyway and telling everyone to go fuck themselves even as Vomas finally got a chance to offer some input.

Saccharin

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 07:43:09 PM »
Vomas turned, wanting to take a seat as well, but he quickly realized he\'d have to deal with the clothes that stood in his way first. The easiest way to handle the problem would\'ve been to surreptitiously push the pile off the chair, but it just wasn\'t in him to make even more of a mess. Instead, he neatly folded every piece of clothing he plucked up. When he looked for a place to put the stack after he\'d finished, though, there wasn\'t a surface to be found that was free from clutter.

He frowned. Would it kill Sam to let a maid come into to his room every now and then? It wasn\'t like it\'d cost him anything. With a sigh, he sat down and then balanced the stack on his lap. He\'d put them back on the chair after he stood up.  

"I believe we were both as careful as we could possibly be," he said. "The problem is that we went into this thinking it could be kept a secret." He shook his head. "Nothing here stays secret. It was naive, no, stupid for us to think otherwise. For me to think otherwise." Kerr knew his real name, even, and he\'d gone to great lengths to bury it. All it\'d taken was one loud-mouthed brother to ruin that for him. "We shouldn\'t have done anything we didn\'t want everyone to eventually know about," he said firmly.

He watched Sam for his reaction, his face carefully expressionless.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 01:06:47 AM »
Sam was greatly relieved when Vomas\' words were not only not recriminatory (a fate he\'d thought unavoidable after the little nesting scene with his shirt and tie he\'d been forced to endure - why else would Vomas take so long to say anything, unless he was trying to prolong the inevitable blow and find a way to do it kindly?), they were... reassuring!  He blinked and his hands dropped away from his head, dangling between his thighs as he striaghtened up and watched his boss with ever-widening eyes.

"Naive... yes," he agreed in a quiet voice, licking his lips while he mentally composed his next question.  Vomas was calm; he was forcing himself to remain so, yet there was a kernel of hope within him because of that calmness.  Because of the way his lover had phrased things.  Once his lips were wet, he clasped his hands together down near his knees and plunged ahead.

"I don\'t mind people knowing," he said, almost timidly, his expressive eyes filling up with hope despite his efforts at calm.  "I mean... do you mind?  Or... are you thinking we need to stop now?"  And suddenly, despite the hope, fear was in his throat, clogging it up and stopping him from saying any more until he had some sort of confirmation that Vomas\' demeanour meant that he\'d not only accepted their affair\'s outing, but would agree to continue with their arranged convenience.

Saccharin

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 09:52:18 PM »
"I\'m not sure anymore," he admitted quietly. Some of the uncertainty he felt caused him to lower his eyebrows. "Kerr didn\'t seem to think it\'d be an issue, and if it ever became one, that he\'d handle it."

He\'d wanted to keep things quiet because he feared how others would behave if they knew neither of them had been able to handle temptation in the office. Would they respect them less, and in turn, question their orders? Even with Kerr\'s reassurances that it wouldn\'t be an issue, he knew he would still wonder if people were reacting to them differently than they would\'ve otherwise. It was his nature. However, that didn\'t mean it would actually be problematic beyond his wondering.

"It\'s possible I\'ve been paranoid," he said. "It\'s not guaranteed that people would treat us any differently if they did know." His eyes became unfocused, and even though he was facing Sam, it seemed like he was looking through, not at him. "So no, I don\'t have a legitimate reason for us to stop." And that should\'ve concerned him - especially given his revelation in Kerr\'s office, but he\'d grown fond of the younger vampire, and damn it all, it didn\'t really bother him. It should\'ve, but it didn\'t.

"We continue on as normal," he said, reestablishing proper eye contact with Sam. "Except without all the sneaking. And perhaps... Perhaps you have proper attire for a dinner party somewhere?"

As he waited for Sam\'s response, he quietly strangled the tie he had so carefully folded moments earlier, praying that he hadn\'t just made a terrible mistake.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 01:29:31 AM »
Sam\'s eyebrows were just about through his hairline and his smile was so broad, his face felt like it might crack by the time Vomas finished speaking.  His daring hope had been validated!  Not only would his arrangement with Vomas continue, it would become open.  Like... a real relationship.  He could finally be more than his boss\' dirty little secret - though what the exact extent of that meant, he wasn\'t going to ask about just now.  He knew enough to make him happy, and that was all that mattered for the time being (and even though Gene\'s beautiful face rose in his mind\'s eyes, he squashed that, too, not wanting to spoil this moment with complicated thoughts).

"I do," he agreed through his cheeky grin, dropping forward off the couch and walking over to position himself between Vomas\' legs, on his knees.  Absently, he plucked the neatly-folded items of clothing off his lover\'s lap and tossed them over his shoulder onto the couch he\'d just left before he tried to get the tie out of the Irishman\'s grasp, flick it aside and run his hands lovingly up along his thighs.  He wasn\'t watching what his own fingers were doing, though, he was too busy staring intently - and hopefully - into Vomas\' eyes.

"If this is going to be our first public date, however, I think I might buy something new," he purred huskily, leaning forward to place a soft kiss at the left corner of Vomas\' mouth before he pulled back, "and impressive," he continued before leaning forward and placing a kiss on the right corner of his boss\' mouth.  Again, he pulled back and made meaningful eye contact with Vomas, he eyes alight with happiness.  "I wouldn\'t want to embarrass you by being underdressed," he giggled, wriggling as far forward as he could and wrapping his arms around Vomas even while he placed another kiss, this time in the centre of his lips.  Underdressed was exactly what he was right then, but he had a feeling that would be okay.

Saccharin

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »
Vomas was dazed enough by Sam\'s reaction that he didn\'t say a peep about the clothes being unceremoniously thrown at the couch, nor did he resist when the tie was tugged from his hands.

He remained in a state of shock as Sam kissed him not once, but three times. Despite their frequent couplings, their lips had rarely touched. That sort of thing was best left to those desiring a high level of intimacy, not appropriate for the sort of arrangement he had with Sam.

Except... rules had been altered, boundaries expanded. Vomas caught Sam\'s face between his hands, curling his fingers into the nape of his neck, and kissed him hungrily. He delighted in the softness of Sam\'s lips, the cool wetness of his tongue, and every single shiver that snaked its way up his spine. Every nerve seemed alive, on end and crying out to be brushed against, touched, caressed.

"Better than being overdressed," he remarked once he relinquished Sam\'s mouth, realizing how large a barrier his three-piece suit created. He didn\'t break eye contact with Sam as his fingers worked at the buttons of his jacket, nimbly unhooking them so he could pull it off entirely.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 10:46:34 PM »
"True," Sam giggled, his response less than intelligent (and Vomas credited him with so much of that, sadly) and entirely giddy thanks to the kissing.  They hadn\'t done much of it, it was true; Vomas had never seemed a fan and Sam had always been able to find something creative to do with his mouth instead.  Not tonight, though.  Tonight was filled with surprises and astonishing revelations that made his blood move faster in his dead veins, mimicking a living heart beating faster.  Holy shit Vomas was a good kisser!

The fairer creature could only marvel at his lover\'s hands as they fell away from touching him so enticingly and moved to start removing his jacket - which signalled to him that the rest of the clothing wouldn\'t be far behind.  A little slow to react, Sam\'s fingers crept back towards him and then began working at the belt and waistband of beautifully-tailored pants after he\'d decided what was happening - though he still couldn\'t quite believe it.

"You\'re going to stay here?" he asked eagerly, astounded that their routine was being altered to the point of... well, nuclear meltdown, really.  They were in his place, Vomas was undressing and it was only three a.m. and ohhh, those kisses, the way his face had been held!  It was all too glorious for words!  Certainly too good to be true; he needed to hear Vomas say it before he believed it.  "Undress and... stay?" he queried, his grin wicked and growing.

Saccharin

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
Once he\'d finished unbuttoning his jacket, he folded it in half lengthwise and then flung it over the back of his chair. To his dismay, it slid off and landed on the ground as soon as he faced Sam again. Oh well. There was only so much he could do when the room itself conspired against him and his attempts to keep tidy.

"That was the plan," Vomas confirmed, reaching out to run his palms over Sam\'s shoulders, then back up to caress both sides of his neck. "Among other things," he added with a smile that, although not as broad as Sam\'s, was just as wicked.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 12:21:03 AM »
Fairly certain that his insides has just performed an incredible loop of some sort inside him, Sam leaned down to place a delicate kiss on what his fingers had revealed when he\'d opened Vomas\' pants.  Remaining hovering over his lover\'s very friendly appendage, he grinned meaningfully up into the Irishman\'s dark eyes.

"Well, then.  I had best play the polite host and show you around here properly," he drawled, deliberately thickening his southern accent and waggling his eyebrows.  Vomas... willingly entering and staying in his apartment... he wasn\'t sure how frequently it would happen - or even if it would happen again - but he was determined to make the most of it.  Even if it took him the rest of the night.