Author Topic: Forum Changes  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Forum Changes
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:19:28 AM »
Hey all

I\'m going to be changing to different forum software, because this stuff is both expensive and really bad at keeping out the bots.

The forum is going to look a little different, but should behave a little better.  It\'ll be more customisable for you as well, you\'ll be able to choose your skins, titles and other things.  There\'s also an option for creating a phone version (for those of you that post from your smart phones) to make posting easier.

So, exciting times in 2012, and hopefully some changes plus a new look will create more interest.  I certainly have some plots and stories on the boil.

I will post on Facebook and also on here when things come into play.  At the moment I\'m just playing around with the software offline to make sure I don\'t fuck up the posts or lose the data.  Everything will transfer, including your memberships.  Stats might change a little when it refreshes.

Cheers, all, and Happy New Year for 2012.

:throb: Dee
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Changes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »
Okay all, since this is the slow season for RP, I\'m going to be upgrading to the new software in the next couple of days (read: about 14 hours time from this post).

ROLEPLAY CITY WILL BE OFFLINE FOR ABOUT 48 HOURS IN THE NEW YEAR.

OFFLINE: Australian EST (GMT +10) January 1st, morning

BACK ONLINE: Australian EST (GMT +10) January 3rd, morning

(hopefully)

The reason why it\'ll be offline is because all of your posts, memberships and that stuff will be brought across to the new software and then uploaded.  Nothing will change with your logging in.

Please note the forum will look stark and boring, because skins/themes are not my priority until everything is working.

Also note that the forum won\'t look quite \'right\' either, because there\'s only so much this new forum will let me do.  Really strong in customising, yet they won\'t let me have a category inside a category, so it\'ll have a few quirky bits.  It will still have the same kind of forum sequence and navigation though, so it won\'t be too different.

Thanks for your patience, and hope you\'ll all return in the new year for some racy roleplay.  :blush:

xoxox
Dee.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Changes
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 02:32:54 AM »
EXCITING! :D

Yet nerve-wracking :hmm:

Let\'s hope it\'s fabulous! :cool:

Oh and happy 2012 to everyone, I should really stop dithering and go to bed now ;)  Here\'s to a bigger, better year filled with fascinating storylines, rapid-fire posting and involvement! :yahoo:

p.s. I will miss the smilies... :smitten: