Author Topic: 2012 New Forum : Help Files  (Read 2489 times)

Offline RPC Admin

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
    • Roleplay City
2012 New Forum : Help Files
« on: January 05, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »
 :welcome: WELCOME BACK

I hope that even though the forum looks a little plain, that you like the new customisable options that this forum brings you.

Like all new things, it feels strange and awkward, so this post will hopefully help you navigate your way around until you get used to it.

If anything is missed here, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST WITH YOUR QUESTION

MEMBER PROFILES

Avatars and other picture attachments
Pictures that were linked to are still available for viewing, as they were offsite and unaffected.
Avatars and attached pictures were lost in the conversion.
You will have to re-upload your avatars and other attachments

Getting to your profile settings
There is a menu at the top left with the following options: Home - Help - Search - Profile - My Messages - Members - Logout
To get to your profile settings, you should click on the Profile option
A drop down list with the option of 'Forum Profile' is your quickest way to get there.
You can also click on Profile and then another menu will appear with the options: Profile Info - Modify Profile - Actions
Click on 'Modify Profile' and then choose the drop down list option: Forum Profile
The first option is the ability to upload your avatar.

Signatures
Anybody that hardcoded your signatures (i.e., the full html address) - which is probably all of you, because I did it too - are going to have to re-do the links to your characters.
Signature editing is located in the same place as avatar uploading.

Approved Character Forums
They're no longer in alphabetical order by default because that was a plug-in for the other forum.  I know it sucks, but you can always display the forum alphabetically by clicking on the 'Subject' header.

There's a random / behind every '
That's because the forum people didn't want SQL coding and upon conversion it inserted the slash behind every apostrophe to stop the code.
The problem for us is that every contracted word (don't, shouldn't, he'd, she's, they're, etc) now has a slash in it.
I'm fixing up the titles of forums and posts, and some of the really bad posts I re-do, but otherwise I'm just leaving it the hell alone.  It's months of work otherwise.
Send me a PM if you find a forum title (like Woody's Diner = Woody/'s Diner before I caught it) with a slash in it, and I'll go change it.  Thank you for your help in this.

Under Actions Menu in my profile options, I can delete my account
Yes, you can, but your account will stay online until your deletion is approved by an Admin.
If you're just messing around, please don't click this.

What happened to Halflight?
It was returned to the original Assassins Academy, information was cleaned up, the D&D stuff got taken away, and now you can create characters of any species.
Let's see if we can get some activity in there.

New Zombie Forum
There is a completely freestyle RP forum in there.  You can create your OWN settings, your OWN world, your OWN characters either with or without character sheets.
Let's see if we can get some activity in there.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 New Forum : Help Files
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »
Notifications
Formally known as 'Subscribed Threads' I've made the default 'Notify me of replies' as soon as you post in a topic.  You can switch this off (using the 'Attachments and other options' link underneath the box you're posting in).
So, if you wish to see all the threads you're posting in, click on Profile > Forum Profile, and then Modify Profile > Notifications.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :