Author Topic: hello...  (Read 2569 times)

Mayquiri

hello...
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »
It's been a long time since I've been here.  So long that there seems to be quite a bit to catch up on. 

I didn't mean to be gone for, geez, what was it, 3 years?  Holy crap.  I don't plan on making excuses for myself.  Long story short, real life drama punched me in the face with depression, family members dying, a(thankfully) failed suicide attempt, all while attempting to make my way through college with disastrous results.

I've always missed this place, and now I finally feel confident enough to return without worrying that I'm just going to let everyone down and disappoint you all, and I really hope to be able to start over at a place I've always loved visiting and I have sorely missed.

-Mayquiri

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: hello...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »
Gosh Mayquiri, sorry to hear that you've had trouble.  :(

This place can be an escape to that kind of drama, and it's nice to know that you've thought about RPC and we've made enough impact for you to have missed us!

You'll see that I didn't delete your membership and stuck you with the Dearly Missed members.  Kind of like lighting a candle and hoping you'll come home  :cool:

I will now pop you into the regular members, and hope that you'll be able to hang around and dive back into the boards.  If you need any characters pulled out of archives, I can do that for you.  Or feel free to create new ones, depending on whether you want to reclaim past ones or not.  No biggie either way.

And before I forget, :welcome: back!  It's good to see you.  :1eye:
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Mayquiri

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 02:54:44 PM »
To be honest, the fact that you didn't delete my profile actually did help me return.  I decided to look around on a whim, and I was genuinely shocked to find that despite not having even looked at this site for something like 3 years, I was still listed.

I'm going to do my best to hang around and dive back in, most likely somewhat slowly.  I'd prefer to create new characters instead of using old ones that I no longer really know anymore.  Besides, I'm sure that my writing style and personal style has changed enough over the years that working with them would feel like wearing an outfit from your childhood.  I Might be able to get it on, but there's no way it'd be a comfortable fit.

Saccharin

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »
Hey there!

I believe I was on a break last you were here, so understand real life getting in the way of roleplaying (as does everyone else, I'm sure!). At any rate, welcome back and I look forward to seeing you write again. : )

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 05:38:29 PM »
Excuses aren't necessary, grudges aren't held.  It's always good to have more faces around - especially faces that are willing to come to Oberon to play!!!!

Your face is welcome back!   ;D

Now, enough talking, let's get to the sexy part - the writing!  ;)