Author Topic: Trouble Returns  (Read 18741 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Trouble Returns
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:06:20 AM »
He stopped on the street corner and studied the club before him; his windblown, black, shoulder length hair brushed against the collar of his form-fitting, black, Armani silk suit, over this he wore what looked like a long black coat, a coat that almost fell to the back of the heels of his shiny black shoes, a coat which was in actual fact a glamour to camouflage his wings. With his windswept hair and with the three top buttons on his tieless, white silk shirt undone and open, he had a rakish, devil-may-care look about him.  The club currently under his scrutiny was nestled between a motorbike dealership and a sushi bar, its neon lights flashed brightly, lighting up the night clasped street and the music; audible even from where he was standing, sounded upbeat and lively. He arched a dark brow slightly at the length of the queue to get in; it was fairly decent for a night in the middle of the week. He looked at the name of the club and smiled slowly, Tantric, its name invoked some very interesting thoughts indeed.

It had been three years since he was last in the city and back then he had been on the hunt for a rabid pack of mutts that called themselves the Dark Wolf Clan, a pack of diseased mongrels that dared to think they had a right to hunt and kill Angels, a pack he was in the process of trying to eradicate when he was suddenly called away. In the week since his return he had found neither scent nor hair of them and figured they had either moved on or were in hiding from their Betters, the so called “abominations” whom they had foolishly thought to hunt. There was one other option that could explain their apparent disappearance, the Oligarchy. The Oligarchy, a name that caused him to narrow his eyes dangerously, a name that caused dark ideas and speculation to stir and swirl within his mind, a name to him that was synonymous with trouble, for him or for others was as yet unknown and undecided but whatever the outcome, he planned to keep himself entertained and any as of yet unformed ideas for the future promised to be interesting to say the least.

Saraekiel stepped off the curb and walked towards the club; feeling a sudden need to stretch, he flexed his black, crimson splattered wings open and closed with a soft yet sharp snap, a snap inaudible to human ears, to a casual observer it would have appeared as if his coat billowed and flapped slightly in the brisk evening breeze, or so it would seem to someone watching with “normal” eyesight. He strolled nonchalantly to the front of the queue. A small wickedly mischievous smile tugged the corners of his mouth up slightly as he stepped into the front of the queue and leaned his shoulder against the wall making sure his back was turned slightly to the people behind him, the people he just pushed in front of. His dark grey eyes lit up with trouble, humour and daring as he waited expectantly.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble Returns
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:28:54 AM »
Sam hadn’t been to Tantric since the night of her dark embrace two years ago, it wasn’t a hot spot like Risk but she needed a change.  This gentlewoman walked down the streets towards the club, she could hear the music before she even arrived. Samantha was wearing a red, ruffled, spaghetti strapped top, which was covered up by a silk cardigan. It accentuated her broad shoulders, to which her long blond hair laid perfectly around her neck; being careful as she didn’t want her sterling silver earrings to get caught in her hair. Her pants were simple, a flared bootleg cut that sat a little higher on her hips. Normally, she would have worn her smooth white running shoes but it wouldn’t have matched the look she was going for, so instead she worn a pair of suede heels. She liked the idea that she wasn’t so short now; maybe she might get some attention.

She stopped mid stride as she saw they long line up to get into the club, she shook her head. “Great I wonder how long I have to wait,” she said to herself. Oh well, she made it this far she might as well stand in line along with the others. She trudged on before settling behind a man that reeked of hard liquor, someone had been pre-drinking before heading to the bar. Smart, booze had always been expensive it was just cheaper on everyone’s wallets. Although it really wasn’t in the favor of the club, the wanted you to buy their booze, not pre-drink before you come. She poked her head past the human to see if anyone had gotten inside; her eye’s laid on the man in the front with the Armani suit. He looked well dressed and was a lucky bastard that he was in the front of the line.

She wasn’t about to jump the line, that would draw too much attention and Samantha was a very shy person. Plus she didn’t want to piss off the man in front of the line, she looked off to her right and seen a wallet on the ground. Oh my, she thought. Her instincts took over, she stepped out of line to retrieve the wallet, and it was old and faded. She didn’t know who it belonged to and she wasn’t about to ask everyone in line, fucking bullshit. She made her way to the front of her line; before she even got halfway someone started yelling.

“Hey bitch! Get to the back of the line.” She spun on her heels, literally, “I’m returning a wallet to the men at the front asshole,” she glared at him. Who the fuck does he think he is, she continued to the front handing it to the bouncer at the door she had found. When she made it to the front she could feel something different, someone supernatural was around. He thanked her kindly, before opening the wallet and announcing the name on the photo ID “Is someone by the name Saraekiel in line?” By the time he had announced the name Samantha had already made it to the back of the line. Where, she eyed the man that had called her a bitch.   

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »
Saraekiel leaned against the wall with a soft smirk tugging at his lips as he waited expectantly for the person behind him to squawk in protest against him pushing in, only to hear...nothing. Feeling highly disappointed and a little cheated his eyes shimmered, betraying his irritation at this lack of entertainment; meagre as it would have been.

Feeling suddenly bored and identifying the bouncer before him as fae, he leaned forward to antagonize them when he heard soft footfalls from behind him followed by an aggravated outburst “Hey bitch! Get to the back of the line.”  Curious Saraekiel turned around and peered past the queue just in time to see the petite yet spunky chic that was walking towards him spin around and heatedly reply back “I’m returning a wallet to the men at the front asshole,”. Amused, Saraekiel  watched as the woman stormed her way towards him, he couldn’t help but admire the way she looked, her dress style was simple yet smart and elegant and her eyes, they flashed silver in the night from anger and irritation, emotions that emanated from her in waves and brushed against him like rays from the sun; he drank them down and loved it. It wasn’t until she slapped the wallet in the bouncers hand and turned around to make her way back to the back of the line that he realised she was a vampire.

Saraekiel hadn’t known many vampires in his life due to the fact that on the whole supernatural species scale he saw them; along with werewolves, as nothing more then wannabe posers, just another weak human foolish enough to get contaminated with a mutated virus . Still that didn’t mean they couldn’t be useful since humans were the most prolific species on the planet, therefore it wasn’t surprising that vampires were the most common supernatural race around, common being the operative word. Still it might be interesting to see what, if anything, he could learn from her.

As the bouncer called out his name Saraekiel raised an eyebrow is surprise before quickly patting himself down. Suddenly amused he quickly  clicked his fingers twice at the bouncer without bothering to even look at them before opening his hand for the wallet to be placed in it. All the while  his eyes continued to stay on the little vampire. As soon as he felt the leather of his wallet touch his palm he grabbed it and stepped slightly to the side of the queue,  calling out to her as she stood glaring at the guy who had cursed at her earlier.

“Hey Fangs!” he yelled out, hoping to catch her attention; not caring what the other people would make of the nickname “Thanks” he said as he waved his hand containing the wallet in the air. Grinning wickedly, cheekily, he continued “But didn’t your Mumma teach you never to play with your food? “ he asked, referring to the guy she was glaring at with a slight flick of his head in his direction before carrying to call out to her “Not to mention junk food at that! Forget him and come join me, I’m sure we can find something more enjoyable for you to nibble on inside!” Smiling wickedly, his grey eyes alight with mischief he turned around and whispered insultingly to the bouncer “She’s with me Faery , now move aside”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »
Her attention was now very much on the supernatural in the Armani suit and she gave him a very shy wave. Fang indeed and the fact that he had called basically called her out didn’t bother Sam one bit. These mortals would be too stupid to figure out what he meant; she took comfort in that thought. He silver eyes lit when he made fun of the human, she looked away from him just for a moment to view the mortal. She so badly wanted to laugh but she was still very bashful in front of the stranger, sometimes she wished she wasn’t so withdrawn when it came to new people.

She had a look of absolute shock when Saraekiel called her up to the front; everyone in the line had their eyes on Samantha. Oh fuck how she hated that feeling; she expected this to be a boring night instead she seemed to become the center of attention. Ah screw it, she made her way up to the front which seemed to take forever. She could hear the groans and nasty comments to which she drowned out with the thought of what she was going to say to Saraekiel. Her silver eyes met his grey eyes, for a moment his had the look of someone who is a loner. Although she couldn’t be sure, after all she didn’t even know him other than his name.

She took her place beside him, making sure that he had the right of way into the club. “Thank you,” she said quietly. She looked down while biting on her lip, this was no time to start being shy. So, mustering up the courage to talk, she once again held his gaze. “As for playing with my food,” she paused. “I was taught to hunt so yes, I guess my mother did teach me to play with my food.” She had a very sinister smile on her face, “Although normally I would have a .233 Remington in tow.” The young vampire knew this very well, man was the most dangerous animal on the planet and was well worth hunting even without a gun.   

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:16:23 PM »
Amused Saraekiel went to offer the Vampire his arm so that they might enter the club together, but unsure as to whether such a move would be seen as a compliment or insult he dropped it before commenting “A Gun? How quaint” Chuckling darkly he led the Vampire into the club by opening the door for her as he continued talking “Personaly I like to get close and personal when I do any hunting “ so saying he turned his head to the Vampire and winked teasingly at her before walking into the hallway where looking slightly surprised he raked his eyes over the runes on the walls with interest, as runes had always been of interest to him. Out of pure curiousity he paused and lightly brushed his fingers along the wall to see if the runes we enchanted or just for show, after discovering nothing by this move he continued through the door into the club proper.

Once inside he quickly ran his eyes over the busy club before turning to his companion “So Fangs” he said softly, his voice carrying quite clearly even through the noise “why don’t you tell me a little about yourself, starting mayhap with your name?”He said with a small smile playing over his lips as he gestured with his other hand towards the open club, inviting the vampire to pick and lead them to a seat of her choosing.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »
If she still had a beating heart it would have been a flutter as Saraekiel raised his arm, then suddenly he dropped it. Maybe he was nervous, but the fact that he did the gentleman thing and offered his arm made Sam warmed up to him a little. She laughed as he pointed out how quaint the gun was as he opened the door for her to step inside; she bowed her head at him to show she was appreciative for his actions. She bounced through the door way, her eyes on his making sure he knew she was listening to him; he was talking about getting up close and personal when hunting.

She had been quiet for the most part, but when he winked at her the blood rushed to her lips. Luckily something on the wall caught his attention; she took her place beside him as he looked at the runes on the walls. She watched him with curiosity as he touched the walls; he looked like he was investigating the runes. Maybe he had an interest; she would have to remember that for later. She studied the runes on the wall for a quick second before he also came through the door.

When they had entered the club, Samantha left Saraekiel’s side for one moment. Giving her cardigan to the lady in charge of the coast, she was given a ticket number to which she stuck promptly in her pocket. She was glad to get the damn thing off, she returned to his side. Although when she had totally forgotten to give her name she nearly panicked.

“Oh I’m so sorry,” she exclaimed. “It’s Sam,” she blurted out, “I work as a Bar manager at Risk, I’m also a university student and I’m just looking for something different tonight. I’m so sorry how rude of me.” If her lips weren’t red before they were now, she was so embarrassed. She quickly picked up on his body language and took that as an out after that humiliation of bad manners. She hoped that didn’t ruin her chances as he felt old, older than her own sire.

Even though she was in high heels she still had to stand on her tippy toes to get a good view, some of the tables were dirty and others were just occupied. She waited until someone was wiping down a table, ensuring that it would be clean. She smiled at him to follow and made her way through the people that occupied the club. She looked back every so often to make sure he was close behind.

As they arrived to the table Sam made sure that she pulled out Saraekiel’s chair for him, “Sit. I’ll push you towards the table,” she had a shy smile on her face but it was the least she could do for him.   

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »
Saraekiel arched an eyebrow in amusement as Sam pulled his chair out for him, smiling broadly he nodded a thank you before sitting down and getting tucked in by Sam.

‘So.’ He thought to himself as he waited for Sam to take her seat. ‘She works at Risk hey, Interesting.’ Saraekiel had never been to Risk as he knew it was the locale and favourite Vampire Bar, which was why he had picked Tantric for his Welcome back Debut; he wanted a place where supernaturals hung out, but one that was relatively Vampire and hopefully werewolf free.Tantric, or so he had heard was just the place. The irony wasn’t lost on him that the only supernatural he had met so far here was of all things, a vampire. Still he thought, all opportunities must be explored before discarding or taking and maybe she knew something useful about the Oligarchy, like its Vampire members maybe, or maybe she had even met them. One could but hope anyway.

“So.”he said to Sam as he looked up at her, catching her eyes with his. “You work at Risk, whats it like there and how long have you worked there? If you don’t mind me asking that is.” He asked as a small inviting smile tugged at his lips

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 01:48:39 PM »
She acknowledged his thank you by giving him a smile, she was glad how the night was going. She promptly sat down across from him, for a second he looked he was thinking deeply. But, that notion quickly passed as he asked her about her job.

"I don't mind at all," she said. "I've worked there for about four years, first as a part time job. It was a way of keeping myself in school, but I'm nearly done my schooling so I should be working full time in a few months." She considered her achievement of the title Bar Manger quite a feat in the few short years she had been there. She was known by everyone in the club and was trusted and respected by all. She even had some control over the Mimic demons that occupied the club, only when the situation became out of control but she relished in the fact that she still had control; she didn't take this responsibility lightly and she certainly would never abuse this power.

She curled her hand over her lips, "As for what it's like it home to me but," she paused before sitting back in the chair with her hand away from her mouth now. "If you want the blunt truth it's kinda like a brothel. Mortals come and flaunt themselves at the vampires waiting for some blood sucker to pick them up and take them away for a little nibble and fuck session." She didn't know how many countless times she had to push a bunch of horny people off her bar, her bar was a no fucking zone.

"Then other times," she said. "It can be quite enjoyable, people come for the company and just to chit chat over a glass of blood. No fucking required. It really depends what your looking for when you walk through that door." She loved her job and the people that she worked with and she wouldn't trade it for the world.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 12:46:41 AM »
Saraekiel sat back, relaxed and listened to Sam as he unobtrusively checked her out. He had noticed her outfit earlier and though the cardigan she had worn had looked very well, the ruffled spaghetti strapped top was superb. Thinking it expressed her personality very well; smart, confident but not brazen, proud of the way she looked but not flashy about it. It made her look if not innocent then fresh; fresh and young, which he assumed she was. As Sam finished speaking he smiled, he couldn’t help but like her description of Risk for he too would have described it so, more as a vampire whore house than a club, still...everyone needed a place where they felt comfortable and safe to be who and what they were.

“Well it’s obvious you love your job and the place you work, as for calling it a brothel...” here he stopped and smiled rakishly at her. “I would say unfortunately it’s how I have always seen the place.” He spread his hands wide and shrugged apologetically “Not that there is anything wrong with that, it’s just that vampire brothels just aren’t my scene.”He said cheekily as he winked at Sam. He leaned forward, unaware and uncaring that doing so made his shirt gape open a little, revealing an expanse of his well formed chest.

“Tell me about vampires, as I know very little about your ...race.” As quickly as he said it he sat back and raised a hand in protest. “Wait, no...I’m sorry, I’m being rude.” Once again he smiled charmingly, easily. “Here I am plying you with questions and yet I have offered you nothing about myself, not even my name, since the bouncer already gave you that...and to the rest of the neighbourhood I might add. “ He said with a mock frown. With a small smile he leaned back and rested his two thumbs under his chin as he rested his fingers against his lips in consideration; looking almost like he was praying. He dropped them and rested his hands on the table top as a mischievous, crafty gleam entered his eyes.

“Tell you what. “ He said with amused relish “If you can guess what supernatural I am I will answer whatever questions you ask about me.” He stopped and looked at Sam with a slightly narrowed, yet amused gaze. “Within reason of course,” He said with a mocking yet joking tone.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 12:04:21 PM »
Samantha couldn’t help but take a glimpse at his opened shirt; he looked very fit for a man his age. She then waved her hand at him, “Apology not necessary. Everyone has their own outlook about the place and I respect your opinion.” She smiled at him, Risk wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but Samantha wasn’t apart of the brothel fuck scene.

She was there to do her job which was to make money and attract clientele for the club, which was easier said than done. She wasn’t there to fuck people, dead or alive. Also, if she needed blood she could order a glass or ask a donor with the Risk tattoo and she rarely fed for pleasure. It was so hard to find someone who didn’t partake in the pleasuring part, for some reason the notion of it made her stomach churn.

When Saraekiel asked about her race she opened her mouth, but she shut it again just as quickly when he waved his hand to dismiss the question. She was actually enjoying him asking her questions; sometimes it was easier to answer questions than to actually ask them. She didn’t think that he was badgering her one bit with his questions and it showed on her face. But she didn’t think that he would be asking her to identity his type of species, which threw her for quite a loop.

“Well you see -” she stopped, looking down at the table as if she would be taken as being stupid, “To be truthful I wouldn’t have a clue by just looking at you. I’m just a fledgling” She glanced up at him with a bashful look on her face, “But, you smell like a dusty road after being lightly dusted with fresh rain,” she observed. “Do you think maybe I could examine you? I could just always light up a smoke outside so no one would know what were doing.” Her voice was very soft as she regained the courage too look into his eyes. 

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »
Saraekiel blinked with shocked surprise before chuckling softly at Sam’s comment about his scent. “Are you saying I smell like mud?.” He asked with mock affront. “I’m joking of course.” he said in reassurance. “I understand the smell you mean; that dusty, earthy smell you get just before or just as it starts to rain.” He frowned slightly as he considered that bit of information and wondered if all Angels smelt like that to vampires or if it was just Dark ones, or was it a scent that was his alone.  Then seeing Sam bow her head in embarrassment then meet his gaze with cautious trust and confidence Saraekiel felt a surprising small tug at his conscious. Feeling amused and a little guilty for manipulating Sam for his own agenda against the Oligarchy, Saraekiel smiled openly and for the first time that evening, honestly at Sam.

“Sam, nobody I don’t think can tell one supernatural from another just by looking at them, unless of course they have some physical attribute that they aren’t trying to conceal that gives them away. “ He said softly as he attempted to caress and reassure her with the power of his voice as he continued speaking. “But saying that, I do find it quite easy to identify vampires and werewolves at a glance.” He said with another small smile. “Every other supernatural just registers as...well..a supernatural . “ He finished with a shrug. Then with a cheeky smile and a raised eyebrow he rose from the table. “Outside might be a little too public for your examination.” he said with a devilish smile. “But the dance floor will give us a perfect excuse for you to put your hands all over me.” He said as he Offered his hand to Sam with a daring glint in his eyes. “Shall we?”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
Samantha froze up when he seemed upset about her comment, only to relax when she learned he was only joking. Oh thank god, she really didn`t what this night to end like the night she was with an ancient vampire two weeks ago at Risk. She was very much enjoying Saraekiel`s company, even if he was messing with her head just a bit, she didn`t mind. In fact, he was keeping her on her toes and needless to say she was very entertained by him. She tried to remember when the last time she had this much fun with a stranger without it becoming creepy.

His words were a masterpiece; his smile was radiant as he explained he found it easy to identify werewolves and vampires. For Sam it was vampires and mimic demons, she could pick them out like nothing. Even a mimic demon couldn`t hide some of its attributes, nor could vampires. She understood his every word and was amazed by his honesty. Little by little Samantha warmed up to him, her shyness slowly fading away into the night. Then a bright smile emerged on her face when Saraekiel asked her to dance.

"Sure I'll dance with you," graciously taking his hand. "But don't think just because I work at brothel means I'm the groping type." Sam winked at him, it was true she wasn't the touching sort while dancing and she didn't want him to think that when he gave her permission to examine him. Which, would involve some hand movements on his body and she wouldn't be touching for pleasure; only to examine. She bowed her head for him to lead the way to the dance floor.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »
Saraekiel smiled in response to Samantha’s bright one as he took her hand into his. “Groping,” he replied with a smokey, sexy timbre to his voice, “Is for the bedroom.” Then with a wicked smile he raised her hand to his lips. “Where as the dance floor is for seduction.” He said softly yet audibly as he kissed her upraised hand, brushing his lips softly, seductively across her skin before leading her out to the dance floor.

Once on the dance floor Saraekiel lived up to his boast, moving sensually with the music; fast, slow, always in time with the beat as he seductively brushed up against Sam with the barest caress of a hip or thigh or with a touch of his his hand, shoulder, stomach and pelvis, but at the same time trying to keep it light and fun. His aim was to entertain Sam whilst at the same time giving her the opportunity to examine him in a fun yet slightly brazenly daring manner.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 05:30:44 AM »
Sam’s lips went bright red when Saraekiel gently kissed her hand, if she was alive her hands would be clammy and sweat would be collecting on her forehead.  She was speechless as he lead her to the floor, watching his hips move and sway to the tempo of the music. Sam could already feel the beat filling every inch, every fiber of her body. Samantha was not a stranger to the dance floor, after all in a few months she would have doctorate in dance along with literature and music.

She didn’t mind him brushing up against different parts of her body; Sam followed a beat all of her own. Her feet moved in a two step motion, her hands swayed back and forth to as she gathered the courage to touch him. When she did man up so to speak, her hips met his with grace and slowly she began to warm up to the dance. Her hands touched the front of Saraekiel’s warm body, a feeling that made her a little bolder in the dance they were both consumed him.

She did a little twirl towards his back side; as she brushed her hand on his back and she got a little surprise.

That can’t be, she said to herself. Trying not make it look like something out of the ordinary she wrapped her hands around his waist from the front, putting her hands on his back. She pulled him in close she felt something soft, like feathers and then it hit her but she dared not to believe it. She quickly released him as she two stepped her way to face him, with a look of awe on her face. She stared at him for a few moments before mouthing the word ‘angel’ to which she couldn’t believe her luck.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »
Saraekiel smiled slightly as he imagined Sam’s reaction as he felt her brush against his wings, then his smile broadened in amusement as her arms wrapped around him and pulled him in close as she pressed up against his back. When she moved back to the front of him and mouthed the word angel to him he couldn’t help but chuckle at the expression of shock on her face. “Surprise.” He whispered as he leaned his face down close to her ear.

When the music stopped he lead her back to the table and when once again seated across from her he arched his eyebrow. “Well?.” he asked with amusement as a smile once again tugged at his lips. “Its tit for tat now, so ask away.”