Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Cabin Fever  (Read 15114 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Cabin Fever
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 02:05:18 AM »
IstaunVal watched closely for the possibility of a counter attack as Navan stepped back a step, not missing the casual dropping of his hands; so the wood elf wasn’t as completely incompetent as he seemed IstaunVal thought to himself. Relaxing slightly when no attack was apparently going to happen, he quickly took a moment to assess the situation and couldn’t help but sense that Aarik too was on edge. Not wanting a pitched three way battle in the middle of the corridor IstaunVal relaxed and removed his hands from out of his sleeves as he exhaled slowly.

“No Navan, the apology is mine to make. I have...over reacted I think.” He smiled slightly as he offered Navan a short apologetic bow of his head. “It’s just...” he spread his hands apart slightly, beseeching understanding. “ Everybody knows of my skills, so whether its forgery work or a new enchantment spell for someone’s armour, clothing or weapon, to a new potion recipe, or as in this case, just some simple research information; to keep the confidential integrity of my more highly priced skills intact, I must treat all my work as if they are all highly confidential.”

He smiled, hoping he had put them both at ease as well as convinced them that the documents he carried really weren’t of any real importance. “But if you are still interested in talking to me about my work, then I will be happy to discuss it with you at some other time perhaps. Unfortunately I’m rather busy today, but I should be free tomorrow or the next day if either of you like.” He said as he flicked his gaze between them.

Mayquiri

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 05:36:48 AM »
The tension seemed to be lowering, but Navan was still cautious.  He'd be a fool not to be.  Taking the words, Navan bowed his head slightly again as well.  "Of course.  I didn't mean for us to speak on the matter right now, or even today.  I am busy with my own works as well." He explained, face still largely impassive from the previous moments.  If being charming and personable wouldn't work with these people, why should be bother trying?

Turning to look at Aarik, Navan relaxed a fraction, hoping to further dispel the unease in the air.  "Did you wish to speak with me earlier Aarik?" He asked pointedly, brows arched slightly.  "You were walking towards me rather quickly after the lesson had ended."

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 08:56:48 PM »
It still grated that the Libramen Apprentice - Navan - knew his name and used it so freely when he was more or less unaware of the man, but he gritted his teeth through that bit of annoyance and pondered the elf's question with barely raised eyebrows.  Had lessons finished?  The corridor hadn't become crowded around them, but perhaps Navan meant a specific lesson and not necessarily nearby.  He dismissed the notion and got to answering instead.

"I was mostly walking towards you because I was headed outdoors but I was looking at you and thinking that you might know where Samuel Britton might be at this time of day and wondering if there would be any worth in asking you," he confessed bluntly, watching Navan in a manner that suggested he was asking now and wanted to know if he was wasting his time.  Aarik didn't feel he needed to expand on exactly who Samuel Britton was, for the whole academy was aware of his special, advanced-level status after he'd chosen to enter the Libramen house.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 07:06:48 PM »
IstaunVal smiled to himself at the stiff interactions between them all, such was life at the Academy, trust no one. Still when Aarik inquired about this Samuel Britton he couldn’t help but be curious, he had heard of Samuel as no doubt everyone had; new student, talented enough to be placed ahead of the lower classes and if what he had heard was correct was even squabbled over by some of the Houses including Erudito, but where in all of this did Aarik fit in? Since Aarik had to question others for Samuel’s possible whereabouts it was obvious they weren’t close friends or lovers. Perhaps; if what Navan said could be trusted, it had to do with Aarik's ambitions. So where and how did a middle ranged student fit into those plans exactly? Or it could be that Aarik was just attracted to the guy and was just trying to ‘accidently’ bump into him, or both. Whatever the case might be, if a fellow apprentice felt this Samuel was interesting enough to be publicly inquired after then maybe he should check out this new student as well.

Tired of standing around in the corridor IstaunVal quickly checked that he had all the forged documents before addrerssing his two companions again.
“Well its been a pleasure meeting you both” he said with a quick amused smile. “But I must deliver these papers. So good day to you both.” Then with a slight bowing of his head he turned around and as he walked away from the human and wood elf he quickly drew the shadows in around him and disappeared from sight.

Mayquiri

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 04:05:48 AM »
Of course Navan knew Aariks name.  However, without having been told a preferred title, Navan felt it best to address the man by his name.  Had Aarik bothered to learn the names of other apprentices, Navan would expect the man to use his name as well.  The words Samuel Britton snapped Navan from his own little musings and forced him to stare directly at Aarik. 

Of course he knew Of Samuel.  Who wouldn't?  Even Navan started as a Level One student when he first came to the school.  He progressed fast, but he didn't skip any levels.  Unfortunately for Navan, he had little time to seek out this new student properly yet.  All of the information he had been able to gather so far had been from third hand information, or briefly watching the boy. 

Navan was so engrossed in this talk of the New Libramen that he barely even noticed as IstaunVal left.  He merely waved at the young man, brows furrowed slightly in thought.  Given Samuels level, his class was likely doing physical fitness drills right now.  "Well, unless his little bout of fame has granted him special privileges, he should be out on the grounds.  Doing his acrobatic training." He explained simply, already planning on meeting Samuel out on the field.  He had to see what this child was capable of for himself.  Rumor had it that he Chose Libramen.  Navan could only hope he belonged there, and what better way to find out then assess his physical abilities?

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »
After giving IstaunVal a nod of acknowledgement as he left, Aarik's gaze returned to Navan, his eyebrows lifting as he was given a decent snippet of information after all.  He summoned a smile that didn't reach his blue eyes, but was a pretty courtesy nonetheless.

"I thank you for the information.  I see it was worthwhile asking you after all," he declared, dipping his head ever so lightly.  He didn't make a move to pass Navan, however, nor to head towards the door that would lead him most rapidly to the area stated, for he had no intention of chatting with his quarry with this man hanging around.  No, he would wait until Navan went away and travel in exactly the opposite direction, even if it turned out their destinations were the same.

He would speak to Samuel alone or not at all.