Author Topic: New Beginnings  (Read 34854 times)

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
New Beginnings
« on: February 12, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
"How...is this possible, Kitty?" he asked as the feline butted his head against his chin. A whole new world had opened itself to him with the realisation that the feline could talk to him inside of his mind. Still he was glad that some one was enjoying things. From the looks of things the cat was having a little too much fun, but as for him he was struggling more or less to get his feet underneath him, but all the sudden he felt the world go sideways and his world fade to black.

The next thing that he knew was that he was waking up with one hell of a headache and his mouth feeling like sandpaper. "What...the hell happened?" he started to ask as he blinked open his eyes and started to look about the room. He was back in the hotel room. At least that hadn't changed.Honestly he felt like he had a hangover but he hadn't had anything to drink. Well at least not that he could remember.

"Where's that cat?" he found himself saying aloud as he sat up, wondering if the previous day had been a dream. Had he just dreamed the whole thing up about a beautiful cat who could talk to him inside of his mind and move things like he could too? No....that had to be real or so he determined. It was too fantastic and solid feeling of a memory to have been one, but that left one question. What the hell happened?

"Kevla? Kitty?" he croaked out before swallowing again to get his voice back.

Just as soon as he had spoken, his twin sister came into view with a relieved smile, carrying in a drink carrier with what looked like coffee and a bag of doughnuts. "Look who's back from the dead." she said softly as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

"What the hell happened to me?" Arutha envitably ended up asking.

"You started to talk to the cat here and then you suddenly passed out. One moment you were as right as rain and the next you were out. Honestly I've no idea what happened. You had me pretty worried there. You have been out for two days." Kevla said.

"Two days? How can that be? Where's Kit...I mean Kitty?" he started to babble a bit nervously until his sister put her hands on to of his to calm him and then gestured at his side.
"He's been right there the entire time." Kevla calmly answered.

"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: New Beginnings
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
Naoise swam in and out of unconsciousness. This had never happened to him before, usually a bond formed or it didn’t, you sure as Hades didn’t pass out from it. His body twitched as he slowly started to wake up, the last thing he remembered was talking to Arutha just after the bond was made, the poor guy had looked so confused and overwhelmed, he should have been more attentive and caring towards Arutha’s mental state but truth be told it had been so long since he had bonded to someone all he felt was excitement, finally, someone to talk with, and mayhap remind him he wasn’t a cat, that he was a person, a man, that he was more than a beast with strange abilities, that he was Human... albeit one with very strange abilities indeed.
Naoise returned to full consciousness just in time to hear Kevla tell Arutha that he had been beside him the entire time. Just how long had they been out?  he wondered to himself as he rolled onto his side and lifts his head so that he could catch Arutha’s eyes and send a mental sense of himself smiling reassuringly at him.

*Hi again* he said softly down their new mental link, hoping his soft smoky voice didn’t overly startle him, nor the fact his voice was as human as any other humans and not feline sounding in the least. Feeling the last residue of his enforced sleep slip away he slowly got to his feet and stretched cat like; paws out front, his back all stretched low and long with his tail and hind quarters in the air, before sitting comfortably beside Arutha. He couldn’t help but feel a little guilty, he really had rushed things; first there was all that wierdness at the Italian café on the boardwalk; his and the damn collars, and then  he soccer punched the poor guy with a mind link as soon as he arrived at the apartment. No wonder they passed out, too much, way too soon.  Naoise slowly closed his eyes with resignation, patience and apparently in this case, subtlety were definitely not one of his strong suites.
He opened his eyes and with a sad and uncertain look in them looked up at Arutha

*Ummm...* he stopped and sighed softly yet dejectedly both mentally and audibly, no longer certain of his welcome nor Arutha and Kevla’s reaction to him and the strange twist he had just added to their lives.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:00:55 PM »
Arutha looked down at his side to see the feline twitch before rolling onto his side. It was then that their eyes locked once more and there was no other way to desribe what he next experienced. He actually felt the cat smile reassuring at him inside of his head. So it wasn't a dream after all. For some strange reason that made him feel happy. It wasn't just that he wasn't going crazy, but that what he had experienced along with his sister had been real.

So when the cat spoke to him through their new link so softly, so smokily human. He found himself smiling with half relief and half happiness.

"Hi." he said, watching as the other stretched and sit himself down all so adorably feline and yet so eerily human at the same time.

Kevla smiled as the two that she had been watching over for the past fourty-eight hours got reacquainted. Remarkably, she didn't hear anything when the both of them looked at each other. "For an instant there. I could have sworn that you two were talking to each other there, Arutha." she shook her head a little at that and smiled once more:

"Honestly I was worried about the both of you, but I hoped that you were going to get up today so that's why I brought the coffee and doughnuts. And I haven't forgotten our furry little friend here. I got him some fresh fried fish in this bag from this one joint across the street. I didn't know quite what to get but it seemed only fair that if I am getting us a fried treat that he should get one too." she said holding up another small bag that was slightly greasy looking, but looked like it was warm.

As he heard the feline sigh, he found himself reaching down a hand and gently petting his head. "It's okay. I've no idea what just happened, but I'm glad that you are okay, Kitty." he said softly before looking up at his sister once more. "The reason why you think that we spoke together was because we did. I've no idea how but somehow we aren't dealing with any ordinary kitty. He's more than special I can hear him in here." he said gesturing to his temple. "I just wonder what else he can do."

Kevla frowned a bit at that. "Just hold the crazy pill one moment, you are actually saying that you can hear him?" she asked and looked back down at the cat and then back up at her brother. She then sighed after about a moment. "You know what.... I really shouldn't be surprised anymore. He did manage that odd little stunt with the salt and pepper shakers back at the restaurant. Still I have to wonder why only you can hear him and I cannot?" she said looking from her brother to the cat and then back again.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:11:33 PM »
At hearing Arutha’s words and the feel of his hand petting him in reassurance Naoise relaxed and shivered slightly with relief. He really hadn’t wanted to leave, he liked these two surprisingly surprising humans, nor could he deny the unexpected pull he felt to Arutha. Happily reassured his attention was immediately captured by the greasy looking package Kevla had brought, the warm fragrant aroma that emanated from it teased his senses, making him aware of how very hungry he was. Wondering how he would go digesting the fish and whatever it was coated in; but not exactly caring at that precise moment, he raised a paw slightly in preparation of satisfying his hunger when the conversation between Kevla and Arutha finally registered, making him turn his attention away from the food to the question just asked by Kevla.

Naoise was unsure as to why Kevla couldn’t hear him or Arutha, but then again he hadn’t made a psychic bond with her only her brother. Curious, Naoise  turned  his head towards her and fastened his emerald green eyes on her as he reached out with his mind to brush against hers  and was unsurprised to find her mental barriers still intact; though flimsy and weak.  Uncertain on how to proceed Naoise climbed onto Arutha’s lap and leaned against him for support as he gathered his mental strength to push onto Kevla’s mind to create another link, only to stop at the last moment as he reconsidered the situation. Gently pulling his mind away from Kevla’s he turned his face up to look at Arutha.

*Arutha* he said down their mental link *Kevla’s telepathic abilities are still closed off, I could open them but...* he stopped and considered how to explain further, he was pretty sure he could open Kevla’s mind as he had Arutha’s but how did he explain that by doing so they might antagonise the collar into making them pass out again , which he was fairly certain was what had happened before, the collar did not like the idea of him bonding with another; if it couldn’t bond with someone it sure as heck didn’t want Naoise doing it. Also he had to consider did the twins really want this, it was too late for Arutha, heck the poor guy didn’t really get a choice but that didn’t mean Kevla shouldn’t. Suddenlty thinking of a plan around the collar situation he battered his head against Arutha’s chest and continued the conversation.

*Ask kevla if she really wants this, I mean you will both be able to hear me and each other, but doing this could mean you will both be able to send and receive thoughts from other people. Also,  if she still wants to go through with it...I think it would be better if you did it rather than me, i can guide you through the procedure, it’s not overly difficult plus... she trusts you and would except the strangeness easier with you doing it rather than a very strange and disturbing cat yes?* he asked with a mental smile of amusement.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
Arutha continued to gently pet the feline as he felt him relax. He smiled down at him as he caught the cat with his paw in mid-air ready to snatch that bag full of fish.So he ended up taking the bag for him and opening it and pulling out a small piece for him. "Here kitty. I know that you're as hungry as I am if not more so." he said softly holding out said piece for him. It was before he couldn't help but frown at his sister and then glance back down at the cat at this strange situation that they all seemed to be now in. "To be honest, I've really no idea. All I can remember is that our little friend here linked with me and then next thing I knew it was lights out. I did hear him when the link was made through." he said with a small shrug.

It was only to look up as he watched the feline climb up onto his lap as he started to stare at Kevla. For a second he could of sworn that their strange new friend was going to try and do the same thing that he had done with him. Then all of the sudden he stopped and looked back up at him.

"Well that doesn't make any sense whatsoever." Kevla said with a small pout. "I know that he's more than the average cat and all but darn it...should it work with me since we're twins and all . The whole twin connection thing that I've read about on the net." she said with a small huff as her brother seemed to met the cat's eyes once more and look back at her.

"He says that it's because your telepathic abilities are still closed off for some reason. He could open them but....I think it might make us all pass out again if he did. He didn't say that, but that's the feeling that I'm getting." he explained as he gently pet the velvety black head battering up against his chest. "But if you really want to hear him too, he says that I could do it if you want, but you should know that we will bother be able to hear each other as well as others besides him." he said only to frown a little down at the feline and then smiled as he pet behind the cat's ears, "Hey..now you're not that disturbing. Strange yes, but disturbing no."

Kevla blinked at that and nodded as she tried to wrap her brain around what was happening. Her brother wasn't going crazy that much she was sure about. Though this one sided conversation thing that he was seeming to have with the cat was a little on the freaky side. Still it wasn't any stranger than being able to move stuff at well. Now that was something that they had both grown up with and so gotten well used to by now. So she could get used to this.

"Well tell him that I really do want this. It isn't any freakier than what I can already do. So I say...what the hell." she said with a grin. "Now show me how it's done."

Arutha couldn't help but laugh a little at that. "If you heard that, that's one hell of a yes, Kit." he said with a small grin.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:52:44 PM »
Naoise went very still in startelment as he heard Arutha explain to Kevla why Naoise didn’t want to make the link with her. Had Naoise inadvertently awakened Arutha’s empathic ability? Or had he mayhaps passed on the ability when he made the link? He knew he could send impressions of his emotions via the link when he wanted to but this...this meant Arutha could potentially feel every emotion Naoise felt, and vice versa. Either way it meant he and Arutha had a deeper and stronger link then he had originally anticipated, it also meant Naoise had to be more careful about his emotions; for if the collar sensed or assumed Naoise was trying to give things away via empathy the consequences would be painful to say the least, for Naoise and now possibly for Arutha too.

Arching a mental brow at Arutha’s denial of his disturbing nature Naoise tried to hide his anxiety about this unepected ability as best he could as he sent an impression of a smile down the mental link between them.

*Okay then...* he sent a little nervously down the link to Arutha. * Opening your sisters mind should be easy, as you both share similar mental abilities anyway. Just place your fingers on her temples and brush your mind against hers. It should feel almost the same as it feels when you lift something with your mind, but instead of lifting something you’re pushing your thoughts into Kevla’s. * He stopped explaining long enough to see if Arutha was paying attention before continuing * But do it gently, slowly...you don’t want to cleave her mind in two.*

Stopping the instructions for now he quickly looked to Kevla before once again touching Arutha’s mind.

*Tell your sister that she should feel a slight pressure in her mind when you touch it and that she should imagine a door or gate or a wall...what ever works for her really, and that once open she needs to welcome you in. This should create the link and afterwards she should feel a sense of vertigo or dizziness...maybe even a little nauseous.*

He turned his face up to Arutha’s and asked once more *Are you really sure she wants to do this Arutha?...It can be scary...and dangerous.* Fearing Arutha might think he meant the pychic link he quickly explained further. *Hearing other peoples thoughts I mean, not the procedure; as you both trust each other and it isn’t done under force, you will both be fine* he said in reassurance.

Sitting back to watch the procedure Naoise couldn’t help but wonder if doing this would also wake Kevla’s emthatic abilities, since both she and Arutha were twins the idea wasn’t completely out of the realm of possibility, actually given the fact they were twins doing this would most likely make their twin bond stronger. Unsure as to whether this would happen and not wanting to scare them or make them worry Naoise decided not to share his current speculations.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »
As for why Arutha thought the way that he had. It was logical. The first time around when their new feline friend did this link with him, they had been out two whole days. And the cat didn't seem to want to make the link with Kevla. So he had to assume that it was probably for the risk of it happening once more. There was no other reason that he could think of or so he thought. Still he did pause for a second when he felt Kit go very still against him and reached out to soothingly pet him. Just what was wrong with him? He had to wonder. It couldn't been much for a second later the cat seemed like his old self., but he knew something had to have happened to freak him out like that. Maybe it had been a false alarm or maybe it was him reading too much into things.

"Okay...you're more than a little freaky but not disturbing, disturbing, Kit. That I reserve for killers and just evil people." he acqueised at the lookt hat the feline gave him before turning back towards his sister as the other explained the procedure to open his sister's mind.

"Wow....that's really easy. I know that you said that it was easy, but really....wow, Kit. I know that it's fast given what happened earlier minus the passing out part, but I expected some complex step by steps instead of this." he said, looking down Kit as he earned himself a slightly irritated look from his sister.

"Well....what did he say?" Kevla immediately asked, looking just a shade past her normal irritated. Honestly with this not being able to hear the cat crap going on, she was starting to feel a bit like a third wheel. And it was the last thing that she was going to be if she had any say about it.

"Sorry...Kevla. It's really quite easy sounding. How it is going to work is that I'm going to touch your temples and reach out with my mind and slowly push my thoughts into your mind.  Also he did say something about visualizing a door, gate or a wall when you feel me brush against your mind. Apparently, it makes things easier with you welcoming me inside of your head. Though I should warn you, he said that you will feel a little funky afterwards...no passing out but maybe dizzy or nauseous." he explained simply.

Kevla nodded and relaxed as her brother explained as much as he could get from the cat how things were going to work. "Hell...a little funky I can deal with afterall I've drunk you and Kieran under the table multiple times. So lets get this show on the road." she said firmly and then grinned as she put down what she had been holding to sit down on the bed in front of her brother.

Arutha snorted as he reached out his hands to touch her temples like how he had been instructed to as he caught Kit's last comment. He glanced down at the feline and then looked his sister once more in the eyes. "He also wanted me to ask you if you are really sure about this. Once it is done I don't know if there's any way of going back." he said offering her one last out.

"Quit being a pansy and just do it already!" Kevla said with a roll of her eyes and put her hands over her brother's fingers. "I trust you, my pansy-assed brother." she added with a grin.

"You asked for this, my dear witch of a sister." Arutha sing-songed as he reached out with his mind.

Kevla went still as she felt it and took a deep breath as she did the visual and then snap, like a rubber band breaking, it was done.

Can you hear me, Kevla? Arutha cautiously said in his mind.

Kevla blinked and looked at the both of them a little dazedly. "Yeah...I can. Wow...damn I feel dizzy....you guys didn't say that it would be like a three margarita dizzy. Whoa....when does it stop?"

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »
 Naoise laughed softly down the link to both Arutha and Kevla as he answered her question “Dizzy is dizzy and not too long I imagine, a minute or two mayhap. Oh, Welcome to the circus Kevla and ummm whats a margarita?.” He asked with a slightly baffled yet curious smile. Then feeling a sudden devilish need come over him, Naoise turned his head and studied Arutha’s ass.
“Pansy Assed?!, I dunno Kevla.  I don’t see anything soft or flower like about that ass, more like buns of steel if you ask me.” Then with perverse pleasure Naoise went about cleaning himself, licking his leg and paw  completely ignoring both humans, only to suddenly look at them mid lick, his leg stretched out and forgotten as he captured their gaze with his eyes; eyes that were bright, emerald green , intense, highly amused and unbeknown to him, extremely human looking.
“You two do realise what a strange, abnormal and totally weird city this is right?” he suddenly asked, amusement thick in his voice.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 07:19:53 PM »
Kevla blinked a little as the feeling slowly started to subside. Yes...it seems like it is. And thanks for the welcome. As for the margarita, you haven't lived if you haven't had one, even with you being a cat. It's an awesome tequila and lime drink that is a one way ticket to smashedville. she explained with a grin.

As for Arutha, he had been almost ready to say something denouncing his sister's partying ways when cat suddenly stared at his ass for a few seconds. "Just what the hell do you think that you're doing, Kit?!" he asked embrassedly, face going red. Just as he spoke, he pulled up some of blanket to cover his sides so that the curve of his ass wasn't quite so visible.

Kevla couldn't help but snicker loudly and then clap at that. "Now that was awesome. Nice one, Kitty. As for his ass, I wouldn't know, but I do know that it has to be good considering that he's related to me. And I'm awesome." she said with a simple shrug and a grin earning her a dirty look from her twin.

"Don't freaking encourage him. I'm not a piece of meat to be ogled at." Arutha half protested just as Kevla stuck out her tongue at him.

"Fat chance of that. I know just what kind of sounds you can make Arutha Brooks when it comes to your boy toys." Kevla pointed out as Arutha reddened further and sputtered indignantly just as the cat seemed to ignore them for a moment and start to clean his paw. Though when he stopped, they both caugh a glimpse of his all too brightly green human-ish eyes and spoke to them. If either of them had had any doubts about him being just a special cat, it was erased in that moment.

Arutha nodded as his blush started to fade, "Yes, I have met a werewolf before here. So I've no doubts that this city is alot stranger and either of us have ever probably realised. Meeting the were and now you just seems to be the tip of the iceberg here."

"You can say that again." Kevla chimed in.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 12:40:40 PM »
*Me?* Naoise said with humour. *Please, I’m just your average yet extremely cute,  highly intelligent, domesticated house cat.* Then unable to hide his curiosity he turned his head and looked at Arutha. *This werewolf you met...it didn’t bite you or anything like that right?* he asked then unable to stop himself, he stepped closer and sniffed him, making sure he hadn’t missed the distinctive scent of a lycanthrope.

*You need to be more careful Arutha, this city is dangerous* Turning his head he looked at Kevla *That goes for you too Kevla. * Trying to keep both humans in his gaze he backed up a little from Arutha  and sat on his haunces. *You said you weren’t a piece of meat to be ogled at Arutha, well in this city that pretty much exactly what you both are; meat, to be either eaten or played with or both.*

Deciding he was being way too overdramatic and boring he shook himself. *I’m hungry* he stopped as he considered his empty stomach *Actualy...I’m really famished, we were only knocked out for a couple of hours right?* he asked as he turned to the window to see how dark it was outside, it seemed to be just a few hours after sunset, which according to his memory was correct as he had met the twins on the boardwalk at sunset, then came here, were they had been for an hour or so before they had passed out. He shouldn’t be as hungry as he felt as he had eaten some of Arutha’s spaghetti earlier at the pier. Unable to ignore the sudden uneasy feeling in his stomach he turned back to face the twins. *It was only for a few hours yes?* he asked again a little anxiously.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »
Arutha just rose an eyebrow at that. "Yeah...right and I'm a trained circus monkey." he said with a snort only to shake his head rapidly. "No, he didn't. Hey...what the heck are you doing?" he asked as the cat stepped closer and seemed to make a show out of sniffing him. "No...I'm not a were. Honestly Kit. The man was a exception to the main rule about this city. He helped me save a friend's life before the two of them moved on." he said with a touch of indignation.

"I'm not that stupid." he added as his twin picked her jaw up off of the floor.

"You didn't tell me that!" Kevla protested as she nodded at the feline's words."Just when?
Ah...now I remember. It had to have been when you decided to play hooky for a few days about four months ago." she said with a pout only to look back at their black furred friend. "This bozo here earned the yelling of lifetime for that one. And trust me I won't forget this little tidbit." she said.

Arutha sighed and nodded. "I know." he said quietly. The cat's warning run all too true. And in fact, it was likely what had happened to Micah that day that he disappeared. With those morose thoughts still lingering inside of his head, he couldn't help but be a little confused by what Kit said next.

Kevla frowned as well. "No....you two have been out for two whole days, like how I said earlier. Don't you remember?" she asked a tad worriedly.

Arutha reached down to gently pet him. "She did say that, Kit. So we should both eat, right?" he said once more opening the bag full of breaded fish.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 08:43:05 PM »
*Two days? Two Days?! Daghdha’s Fiery Balls* Naoise swore softly in shock, he had never in 900 years of life been knocked out for two whole days. At Arutha’s assurance of being told this information earlier he settled down and quickly thought back, he remembered Kevla saying she had hoped they would get up today and so had bought them something hot and fried to eat but try as he might he couldn’t remember saying they had been out of it for two days, maybe she had said it when he had still been unconscious.

Over the shock and feeling a little embarrassed over it and for his blasphemous swearing Naoise once again quickly climbed into Arutha’s lap and rubbed his head against his chest in reassurance *Sorry guys and sorry for sniffing at you Arutha, I know you aren’t a were, its just that I’m not overly fond of weres and even less about vampires* he said softly down the link to both of them. *and you’re right Arutha lets eat* he said with an amused chuckle. *Two days huh...no wonder I’m so hungry* He then flicking his gaze between then quickly and continued. * And I have no doubt you two have a million questions you want to ask.* the idea of answering questions bothered him a little as there were things he couldn’t say, but if asked he swore he intended to answer as honestly as possible, Arutha and Kevla deserved at least that.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
"Daghdha's Fiery...what?" Arutha couldn't help but ask. Now he had heard some pretty strange curses used in his time, but he thought that this one took the cake. It was just too strange. Still it did sort of remind him of something that he had read about once in a textbook. Just what was it? Not to mention who was it? It did sound scottish or maybe irish to him, but then again he always got those two confused.

"Err....never mind. I don't think that I want to know at least that bit." he said, shaking his head a little out of amusement as the feline once again resumed his perch on his lap. "It's okay, Kit. Given your size, I can't really blame you. I'm not saying that you are entirely defenseless, but you must have had it hard in this city with both of them around more often than not." he said softly and smiled, gently petting his head.

Kevla leaned forwards with a grin. "Never mind him. I know that you were swearing, but who were you swearing about?" she asked a little too curiously.

Arutha rolled his eyes a little as he reached down and popped a piece of donut from the other bag into his mouth. He moved the fish closer to the cat as he tried to figure out his first question. "Umm...I guess the first one that I have that I'm certain is on my sister's mind is what are you? I know that you are definitely not your average domestic cat or even anything like any of the breeds that I know about. You're a little too special for that."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 09:39:40 PM »
Naoise went very still as both Arutha and Kevla asked their questions, he had promised himself to answer honestly but to do so completely and openly was impossible, the collar would kill him and keep killing him as soon as he tried to utter a word, a single syllable of the truth of his curse. Thinking quickly he smiled wryly to himself as a possible solution formed in his mind. The truth will set you free might be a good motto here after all.

*Daghdha is one of the Tuatha De Danan; an Irish God of fire and lightning Kevla, and I really shouldn’t blaspheme...One should try and not get on deities bad side. * he answered with a wry touch of humour * As for what I am* He stopped as he felt the collar come to life around his neck, the norse runes shimmering softly against his black coat as it slowly tightened around his throat in warning and preparation. Killing Naoise gave it great pleasure.

*I am a cat Arutha. * He said with conviction and smiled to himself as the collar regrettably released its grip around his neck. * I am just a very unique one. * He smiled as he battered his head against Arutha’s chest. * You must understand, there are questions I cannot answer, for reasons I cannot explain. *
He chuckled to himself as the collar once again came back to glittering life but since he had neither mentioned his personal past nor the secret of his entrapment; the collar could do nothing except shimmer, to do anything else would draw too much attention but Naoise smiled with satisfaction; shimmering was enough, shimmering was more then enough for those with sharp eyes and clever minds.
*But I can’t nor will I stop you from searching for answers on your own* He finished with a soft hiss as the collar suddenly tightened up, closing off his air way and sending a slight yet intense electric shock through his body in warning and in spite before releasing him again. Noise shuddered and collapsed slightly in Arutha’s lap as the electric shock shot painfully through him. Once it was over he shook himself slightly and sucked in some air and tried to pretend nothing unusual had happened.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 03:31:45 PM »
Both of Arutha's eyebrows lifted at the cat's response. "Okaaay, I guess that I will buy that." he said slowly as he tried to wrap his mind around the simple concept that it was of him believing in a Irish elemental God. Though still he had heard of weirder things happening. So who was to say that this Daghdha didn't exist after all?

At the same time Kevla's lips twitched with laughter. "So that's what you meant. Now I get it, but for a curse I'd say that it's the best one that I've heard yet."Kevla said with a grin, making her brother shake his head at how easily his sister was amused.

He then sighed at Kit's next words. He knew that he couldn't be just a cat, It didn't make sense. Neither did that bit about him saying that he was just 'unique'. In some ways he almost seemed a bit human while in others he seemed more feline. Damn it, it was hard to tell what was what. He reached down to gently pet his friend's head and shoulders as he battered his head against him. Still as he did so, he did notice a faint but odd shimmering coming from the silvery collar around his neck.

"Aw...now don't be too disappointed, Arutha." Kevla said with a small smile as she saw the look on her brother's face at the cat's replies. It was almost like he had hoped that the answers would come easily. "He may be a cat, but he did say that he was a unique one. That means there is a reason for his uniqueness." she said just as the cat suddenly hissed and seemed to have a small attack of some kind before collapsing in her brother's lap.

Maybe this is just another puzzle that I just have to solve?Arutha wondered to himself, forgetting about the link between them as his sister did her best to try and cheer him up. still before he could say anything else his new friend seemed to have another strange fit and collapse against him. What was happening to him? This was the second time that it had happened. Was the cat sick? Or was there something else going on here?

"Hey Kit! You okay? What's wrong? You're not breathing?!" he rambled out worriedly, his hands searching for a pulse just before he felt the cat slowly regain his breath.

"Damn, now that was scary. You alrighty, Kitty?" Kevla asked as well.