Author Topic: New Beginnings  (Read 34863 times)

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: New Beginnings
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »
Feeling the other lean against his hand, Arutha let out a small sigh at the heartbreakingly way that Naoise whispered his name. One moment they had been so hotly heavy and have now a second later they were so sad and melancholy. It was as if a switch had been thrown in the opposite direction. Still the fact remained that the beautiful man before him still needed him. So he would ignore the needs of his body and would comfort him.

It was no surprise when Naoise rolled off of him to lay beside him. Still those bright green eyes seemed to etch their pain in his heart as their eyes met. So instantly he granted his wish and ever so tenderly enfolded the man in his arms. "That I can do, Naoise. Just never forget this and always have hope" he whispered softly as he leaned close to lightly kiss his forehead as he held him.

As they laid there, the pleasant aroma of blueberry pancakes wafted into the dreamscape. It would seem that the true Arutha was living up to his promise to make pancakes for breakfast.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2017, 01:54:43 PM »
Naoise relaxed into Arutha’s hold, soaking up the comfort offered as the dreamscape filled with the aroma of blueberry pancakes. Naoise’s eyes opened wide at the scent, almost with panic fearing this moment of freedom and opportunity was slipping away fast.

“Arutha you have offered hope and comfort when I thought all I had before me was an unwinnable battle and an eternity of pain” he said urgently as he desperately clutched Arutha to him.

“I want what you have offered me, shown me. There must be a way…” he said slowly, softly as he worked the problem through his head. Dream magic was not part of his magical repertoire and he had no idea how this dreamscape had come into being let alone how to recreate it. He had basic dream message training taught to him by his grandmother but he lacked both the skill and training to pull and mingle the real Arutha’s dreaming subconscious into his own nor did he know how to put his into Aruthas; he was also damned sure the collar would block any attempt to learn it. Naoise clenched his jaw slightly in frustration, he knew, he just knew this was a real way to break the curse he was under. The curse was never meant to last this long, was never made to work this way. Always the collar had a master to answer to or if the master died the prisoner usually didn’t live much longer past their death. Naoise was immortal, truly immortal due to Alexanders mad meddling and delusional dreams of power and so the collar couldn’t kill him or cause his death, not real death that would release it from him. They were both cursed but surely there were cracks that could be manipulated, cracks that couldn’t under normal circumstance be acted on due to a masters constant watch or a quick death…but this, this was definitely a new and possibly quicker way to solve the problem besides searching through ancient tomes, piles of forgotten history and or searching down people who might offer maddening pieces to the jigsaw problem of this damned curse

“Arutha…” he said softly as his eyes searched the dark green ones in front of him. “Do you think…if you, if we were able to find someone to teach dream magic…someone who could teach you, the real you do this…” he emphasized by looking around the dreamscape, the very quickly fading landscape “Could you learn it…do you think you have the ability to learn it, to learn magic? Would you want to even?” he asked quickly, desperately as he started to feel himself start to fade, as the man before him faded away

“…ARUTHA…COULD YOU?...” He called out frantically as he stretched his hand out for the man who had but mere seconds before laid beside him.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2017, 12:29:54 PM »
Arutha's arms gently tightened around Naoise as he caught the scent of blueberry pancakes. This was more than enough of a sign that this dream was approaching it's end and to be honest he didn't want it to. All he wanted was more of this simple feeling of Naoise with him, but it wasn't to be for he wasn't the real Arutha. Still he was glad to have given this simple experience to this beautiful man.

So he smiled so sweetly and yet so sadly as he met the other's brighter green eyes. A thoughtful look then crossed over his features at his desperate but very intriguing questions. What if the real Arutha could learn how to do this? To draw another into a dreamscape like this? To be honest it would explain quite a lot of what had happened here. All he knew with absolute sureness was who and what he was, a possibility with knowledge beyond him. The only problem was that it was only about certain things. Still there was the very real possibility that there was something back in their lineage that gave them their current abilities. So who was to say that there couldn't be more. So at first he did not know how to answer, but moments before Naoise's visage faded from his view he felt what the answer was deep within.

"Yes...yes...YES I COULD, NAOISE ..." he called out loudly hoping that the man heard him before he disappeared as he strained to touch his fingertips.

Meanwhile back in the waking world, the real Arutha had finished up piling up the pancakes that he had made using his hot plate and a pan onto a plastic plate. He then took the piping hot food over to the bed. Now it was time to wake up his friend to show that he had lived up to his promise to make him some pancakes and then maybe have a normal day for once.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2017, 10:25:25 PM »
The mist of sleep swirled and danced around him in an inky sea of comforting nothingness as Arutha’s confirmation of his question crashed upon his consciousness like the the first rays of dawn breaking through the early morning gloom. His eyes opened as the scent of blueberries filled his senses and with a slow blink to help clear his eyes and his mind he looked at Arutha and was immediately  awash with the memory of the dreamscape, of Arutha laying naked beside him, the feel of his lips upon his own, the scent of him, the very feel of him beneath his fingers.

*Maidin mhaith mo ghrá* he said softly sleepily in Arutha’s mind before he started to stretch only to stop as he noticed that he once again had paws and black fur.

*An-áthas agus brón an aisling* he said cryptically in Gaelic forgetting that he was still connected mentally to Arutha

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2017, 12:36:10 PM »
A warm smile spread itself across Arutha's face as he watched Kit slowly open his luminous green eyes.  "Good morning, Kit. As promised I have made you pancakes." he said brightly as he set down the pancakes onto the bed within reach of his friend.  His eyebrows lifted briefly at the softly tender response. Even though he couldn't quite understand it, somehow he had the feeling that love was a part of it. He couldn't quite explain why he knew that but he did. Still that simple thought left him with a gently warm feeling in his chest.

"Err...what does all that mean?" he curiously had to ask. "I am sorry I don't understand Gaelic."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2017, 08:39:40 PM »
Naoise sniffed at the pancakes, inhaling their warm, blueberry, sweet buttery scent into himself with a slow indrawn breath, pointedly ignoring Arutha’s question. He needed to sort his mind and emotions, calling Arutha my love had not been his intentions and yet he couldn’t deny his feelings and attraction to the man. It was just; they had met barely four days ago and yet even telling himself that, those four days seemed so long ago, almost a lifetime. Those four days had been an emotional and mental roller coaster not to mention the actions and revelations that happened within the dreamscape, how could he not feel drawn to this gorgeously intelligent, caring man?

He sniffed at the pancakes again before turning his emerald eyes to Arutha *Hmm” he sent down their telepathic link *was I speaking Gaelic? Most be because of the...interesting… dream I had last night* he continued, his mental voice heavy with amusement. * I greeted you with a good morning and since I was human in my dream and awoke still a cat I commented on the strangeness of dreams. The joys and sorrow that they tended to offer* he finished with wry amusement.

*These pancakes smell absolutely divine. Do you intend to torture me with them or are you going to tear one of them apart into itsy bitsy cat sized bite pieces?*He asked pointedly, his tone filled with the impression of a suggestive grin and raised eyebrow. *Did you sleep well Arutha?*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2017, 12:58:35 PM »
Arutha watched and waited to see Naoise's reaction to the food that he had made. For he was certain that the man would enjoy them alot. Ever since the previous night he couldn't help but see Naoise more that way. For it was true that he had believed Naoise was a man trapped in his feline form when they first met but it was one thing to figure it out on your own and a whole nother to see his true self in person. As a result he was all the more drawn to the other and wanted to free him from his trapped form all the faster. He couldn't quite explain what the nature of this draw was. Though if he were honest with himself it was the sort that made he want to comfort Naoise as well as maybe one day kiss those plush lips he had seen the previous night.

He lifted his eyebrows once more when Naoise mentioned having an interesting dream. "A dream? What did you dream about that has you waxing so poetically about joy and sadness?" he asked curiously. The feline had his full attention as he looked back at him. "I understand the part about you being a human in it and the sadness you must feel makes sense but somehow I get the feeling that there is more to it." he added.

It was only to blink in surprise and laughed when the other mentioned torturing him with the food. "Oops, I'm so sorry about that, Kit. I was in such a rush to make them that I forgot to cut them up for you." he said as he then proceeded to quickly and carefully cut up one of the cakes into neat pieces. Then he offered him a piece. "Here you go. Now as for how I slept, I'd have to say really good but strangely. It would seem that you aren't the only one who had a funky dream.  At first it almost seemed like a nightmare with a different version of Micah and then I talked to another me. I know that it sounds weird but that is what happened."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2017, 02:24:57 PM »
Naoise listened to Arutha describe his dream as he nibbled upon the delicious pancake that was being hand fed to him, as he came to the last sliver he slowly licked Arutha’s finger with his rough tongue adding a loud purr of approval as he sat back on his haunches. He wasn’t sure now was the time to bring up the dream and the revelations he had learned, what he wanted was to give the man before him a normal day before once again dropping him and his sister into the proverbial world of the weird and wacky. Yet he also didn’t want to keep things from Arutha, he deserved the truth especially as it would seem fate and entwine them both.

Taking a small step forward he buttered his head against Arutha’s hand which caused memories of Arutha running his hand through his hair, stroking his face. He wanted out of this damn collar and sooner rather then later so he sighed as he sent his thoughts into Arutha’s mind.

*I Know mo ghrá for I was there as well, I was in the shadows watching unable to reach you, then I was in the grass as the other you appeared. I saw it all and the dream continued when you left…*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2017, 06:40:08 AM »
Arutha had to give a soft chuckle at the lick to his finger as well as the other's loud purr when he finished his piece. "I take it that it more than lives up to your expectations, Kit." he said happily. He was glad of it. For the man deserved that and more. So when Naoise butted his head against hand, he let his fingernails​ gently scratch it, moving up behind his ears.

He then paused seconds later at Naoise's words with a small confused frown. "What?.....you were there?" he asked softly. Now that he was in this city, nothing was really out of the realm of possibility. So if Naoise said so, it had to have happened. Still it didn't explain the how. "Wow...I thought that I had heard of everything that could be in this city and now this. It is so strangely fantastic." he said with a small shrug but then smiled a little. "So what else happened after I left?"

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2017, 08:36:06 PM »
Naoise moved his head out from beneath Arutha’s talented fingers so that he could sit back and gaze up at this man with utter bewildered bemusement. From the very beginning Arutha had taken all the strange and supernatural things that had happened recently in stride, like a duck taking to water. He couldn’t help but feel impressed and a little in awe at the ease with which Arutha just accepted everything.

*Do you realize how wondrous I find you Arutha, you…you rekindle such hope in me and make me remember that the supernatural, the magic of life is a wonder and exciting instead of a curse.*

He sighed slightly before butting his head against Arutha’s hand again

*What else happened after you left? Well…things got interesting and lets just say that even though the dream you can kiss like a sex demon* He sent softly along their mind link, his voice almost purring with pleasure *All he did was make me think of you even more. We also discussed some interesting possibilities and hopes for the future*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2017, 01:14:49 PM »
Arutha flushed a bit at the bemused look Naoise gave him. He didn't know what it was about this situation with him that made him so accepting. Under normal circumstances he would have likely been anything but. Maybe it was the bond that they now shared or maybe it was just Naoise being Naoise. Whatever the case was it didn't change the fact that he was very drawn to him.

"No, I.. didn't realise that, Kit. Though I am glad to give you hope. Out of anyone I have met, you deserve it the most. The same goes for being able to see the light side of life and this very magical world." he said with a small almost embrassed smile as he once more gently scratched behind his ears.

Still this was nothing compared to the look on his face a moment later at the 'sex demon' comment. For his face turned a brilliant red hue and his eyes widened at the purred mental tone of voice. "Oh...wow... Kit. I honestly do not know what to say to that." he said softly. "Still I cannot deny that I haven't..thought about it. Kissing you I mean. To be honest it was one of the first things I thought about when I saw you last night." he said a little akwardly but it was the truth.

"But beyond that what might be these possibilities?"

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2017, 10:42:36 PM »
Naoise purred loader and leaned into Arutha’s touch as he listened to all the wonderful things this generous, gentle, warm man had to say.

*Well I am glad to hear I have a similar effect on you as you do on me. This connection we have, it…well it is blowing me away, upturning my world actually if I am being honest and it scares me a little. My world is dangerous, the world is dangerous and it has been awhile since I have feared it…I fear losing you to it, of it hurting you. Which is silly I know, yet it is how I feel, you are important to me, you and your sister both*

It had been a long time since anyone had showed him such genuine kindness and empathy. Was it any wonder he was falling for him, yet at the same time he wanted to protect Arutha as well and knew that even though learning magic might be terrific and exciting it can also draw unwanted attention. Power was drawn to power and so the more power Arutha came into the more chance of others noticing him as well. Naoise growled to himself, keeping secrets from Arutha about Arutha, it didn’t feel right. It didn’t feel honest or honourable.

*Arutha….You might want to sit down for this…It is possible you and Kevla may very well have more supernatural abilities then you realize…

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2017, 10:27:56 AM »
As the sound of Kit's purrs grew louder, Arutha smiled softly. Just that simple noise had the power to comfort as well as make him feel warm inside. Honestly he should have been more wary or even scared. Most sane people would have been that way in these circumstances. Still he was the exact opposite. He wanted to know Kit all the better and finally know what his true name was and much more. The depths of which he was only beginning to understand.

Face still slightly red, he had to smile a little more at his words. "I would definitely have to agreed with you there, Kit. The part about being blown away I mean. This link between us is something that I could have never imagined. It is amazing and wonderful and I can't help but want to know more about you, Kit." he said honestly as his fingers gently pet the back of his head.

Though at his next words, a small frown crossed his features and he tilted his head in confusion. "Well...I am already sitting down, Kit." he said gently. "But what do you mean by that? I know just about anything's possible but more abilities? How?"

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2017, 04:04:55 PM »
*The how I can’t answer but my guess is you have more supernatural ancestry then you might be aware off and in fact investigating that is a very good idea and should offer some answers.* He answered moving closer to the man sitting beside him he curled his tail around him and rubbed himself against him offering comfort.

*As to the what…I think you have a natural talent with dream magic. That dream state was not created by me. I wouldn’t even know where to begin…well that’s not true beginning is easy, but something that complex and deep. That is way beyond what I know how to do and if you can do dream magic it is only logical that you have talent for other type of mysticism, ability whatever you wish to call it.* he said as he looked up at Arutha.

* I mean if you are interested in exploring it…well checking out your ancestry might give us a better understanding as to what you might have inherited and from there we could try and find someone who might be able to help more*.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2017, 11:04:08 AM »
Arutha nodded thoughtfully at that. "I suppose that makes sense. I mean mine and Kevla's original ability of telekinesis had to come from somewhere, right?" he said softly, feeling Naoise curl closet and rub against him comfortingly. This simple action made him smile and gently trail a hand over the other's fur. "Thanks, Kit." he said warmly as Naoise described what might be one of his new abilities.

"That is another good point. I would have to somehow for that dream to have happened. There is too much about it that resonated as true both in the advice as well as what happened with you. I just wish that I knew how I did it. Though I am glad of it." he added with a small smile only to chuckle a second later.

"So I guess that means we will just be spending that much more time in the library today, Kit. Are you up for lots of studification?"