Author Topic: Oh, There's Legwork  (Read 5542 times)

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
Oh, There's Legwork
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:46:03 PM »
Reserved for CK

He had almost forgotten what it was like not to worry about anyone hanging over his shoulders like a dead goose. The newfound freedom from commitment felt great after almost six months of walking on eggshells with his former lover, and he hadn’t let it go to waste. He had partied with Tommy several nights after work without having to call anyone to let them know when he was going to be coming home. Quinn even felt a new wave of passion transform his body as he danced on stage for the Pompeii. He even gave a few personal lap dances, something he had forbidden himself from doing while he was in a relationship. No relationship meant no problem.

His singularity brought him more cash every night, more attention, and more customers. Sure, he had to deal with more customers approaching him more frequently – especially among the regulars like Jeremiah, who knew everything about everybody – but it was nothing that he dreaded. There were no more angry texts or calls, or messages left to be received at the low point of a day. At the end of the night, the subway took him home to an apartment filled with fish and the other things that he cared about. There was no one in his bed unless he wanted there to be – and they would have been gone by the morning if that had been the case.

The lack of a partner didn’t upset him. To the contrary it was like breathing after spending time under water after a dive. He loved having a warm bed, but the few weeks of abstinence wasn’t killing him and it provided him with a stronger, clearer desire. For those few weeks, there was nothing to worry to about, no awkward comments, no broken hearts, no condoms, nothing. And that was fine by Quinn.

This night was no different. He walked into the Pompeii for his night of weighting tables, dressed himself in his costume for the night – chest barren tonight – and began his rounds. The night started off slowly, but picked up as soon as the sun set, as it usually did. There were more than enough dancers and staff tonight, so Quinn could take it easy, dip into the liquor at the bar. The mood in the air was light, probably with the onset of the coming spring, and the entire club felt it.

By the time he had seen his favorite vampire, he had been sitting on the lap of one of the regulars, who was running his hands generously over Quinn’s back and rump. He caught Jerry’s eye from across the bar but lingered with his clients for a moment longer in order to get the money for their drinks. With groans and shouts of complaint over the absence of Calypso, Quinn sauntered away to the table that Jerry had just seated himself at. There was sly smirk on his face as he sat across from Jerry.

God, it felt good to be free.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
  • Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark.
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
Re: Oh, There's Legwork
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
After that night that he had almost gotten ass and walked away with stiff wood instead, Jerry went home pretty fucking angry.  It wasn't that he hadn't gotten laid.  No, more like he had been led on the entire night, right down to the fucking doorway to the apartment.  Jerry couldn't remember ever being so teased before and not getting anything afterwards.  It was almost insulting.  He didn't even feel like finding some other piece of ass to get rid of this fucking sexual tension.

Not to mention the fact that Quinn's judgement was supposed to be impaired. 

No fucking dice.

The next night he felt more like shit than angry.  Maybe he had misjudged the situation.  Maybe he wasn't taking Quinn's feeling seriously enough.  None of this mattered if they weren't friends, but as much as Jerry wanted ass, he wanted to keep his friends more.  It was hard enough keeping them around.  He didn't want to lose Quinn over some stupid almost-sex that had happened too early before he had officially ended things with Mr. Fucking-Prince-Charming. 

Jerry left Quinn to sort things out on his own for a little while, a few days tops.  He wouldn't need any more than that, right?  From the way that things seemed between them, Jerry didn't think that Quinn was planning on sticking around to see if things worked out.  He waited at least two days before even texting him, just to make sure things were alright.  Of course he didn't say anything about what happened - er, almost happened between them.  No pressure.

No strings attached.

So by the time he sauntered into the club, it seemed like things were more or less back to normal.  He sat at his usual table and put his feet up like any other time, waiting for Quinn to bring him a drink.  He let his eyes roam unashamed over Quinn's naked upper torso while he served the other customers. 

Still wouldn't mind getting a piece of that, though.

He smirked when they made eye contact, waiting for him to finish and come over to where he was sitting.

"So how was your day, sweetheart."  He asked, taking his feet off of the table and leaning forward with his usual shit-eating grin on his face.
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai
Old things have strange hungers. - Catherynne M. Valente

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:28:45 PM »
"You know, I am so glad you asked." Quinn said, never expecting Jerry to actually ever ask that question. "You know what I had forgotten, but I just remembered about now? I make a lot more money when I'm single." From an inside pocket in his toga, Quinn pulled out a wad of small bills that made his night ust a little bit brighter. They were moist with his sweat and crumpled every which way, but more than usual. It was like the universe was sending him itss own little thank you note for dumping John, and he was in no way opposed to it.

"I would say drinks on me tonight," he said after he counted the small stack and put it neatly back into his toga, "but considering you don't drink anything but blood, I'd be getting myself drunk. And that's no fun." He smiled again at the vampire, who hadn't been looking too bad himself.

Much like the other night when they had almost fucked in the doorway, there was something ringing in the back of his head that reminded him of Jerry's singularity and his own sex-deprivation. It was that gut feeling, like someone whispering down the back of his neck, that feeling that felt way too good as it hummed in his ear to just be ignored. It was a reminder that it had been weeks since he had a nice fuck and that Jerry was always the first to volunteer for the duty. And here he was, eyeing him as hungrily as usual, despite the tease of their last rendezvous. Perhaps that's what had helped build up the feeling in the human - the forbidden fruit was now sitting next to him.

There was no John now, no reputation to worry about, no one who would look at him and blame him for any sin that he could commit with the vampire. The thought was too enticing and made his groin stir slowly with heat, this glowing feeling filtering down his legs and up into his chest. He didn't even care if Jerry smelled it, either. In fact, that was the idea. He was free and (pretty much) sober, and he was looking forward to any impromptu plans that the vampire might decide to think about. Quinn copied the vampire and put his feet up on the table as well, and glanced over at him if he happened to respond to anything that he had said.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 11:20:50 AM »
"Hah, true."  He smirked, eying the wad of cash.  The vampire put his hands behind his head and leaned back, watching amused as the human mirrored his own actions.  For a short minute he didn't say anything, and then just as he inhaled to speak he noticed the scent lingering on Quinn's blood. 

Interesting.

He made no attempt to mask the knowing smile on his face and spoke again.

"And I'd never let you buy the drinks anyway, you know that."  Hm.  The human was sending him those signals again.  Jerry wasn't exactly sure if he intended for him to take the bait this time or just chalk it up to the usual flirting back and forth. 

Did it matter either way?

Probably not.

"So what are you up to after your shift ends?"  The same knowing smirk remained fixed in his mouth.  "I wanted something to do tonight and I was hoping you would help entertain me."
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:07:30 PM »
The color filled his cheeks and the heat of his arousal found its way south in another short burst. Quinn played it off with another smile, trying to stay cool while his human body was giving him away. "Why? You up for another night of adventure and mishaps? Because I have nothing better planned. You gonna liquor me up like normal?"

That familiar spark of mischief came over his face and he figured that there was a not-so-silent understanding between the two of them. But there was the matter of stringing each other along for a little while, which was Quinn's favorite part of their entire ordeal. He had no intention of pushing the vampire away tonight and it would have to be God or the devil himself to pull him away from this. There was no reputation now, no partner or misled sense of self-respect hanging over his head. There was a night of long-missed pleasure and enjoyment.

Pure and simple enjoyment. Quinn remained smiling at him, his feet up on the table, waiting for a response.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:44:34 PM »
"Normal?  You talk like I make a habit out of this."  His smile widened, fangs peeking out between his lips.  The scent of Quinn's arousal stirred the vampire's lukewarm blood.  Hm.  Maybe the human had changed his mind.  Which could only mean that things were definitely officially over with Mr. Not-So-Perfect.  Excellent.

Maybe they could skip the bar-club hopping tonight.

"Depends on what you are in the mood for."  Jerry looked at him almost expectantly.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:09 PM »
Quinn took a deep inhale as he shifted his feet off of the table. He had forgotten that Jerry was originally Southern. He had told Quinn a long time ago that he had come from one of the Carolinas or something, but he never taked about about it and the only time he was reminded of it was when the vampire said something regional or his slight twang got in the way. Usually he hated any southern accent, but on Jerry it was luscious. He was positive that he was pushing it along a little bit, trying to suggest seduction, but Quinn didn't particularly mind. To the contrary, he rather enjoyed it, something to laugh at after their night together was through.

"My shift's over at midnight," he said as he leaned over the vampire, balancing himself with both hands on the arms of the chair in which Jeremiah was sitting. He leaned closer to the vampire until their lips were almost touching. "Until then, I'm sure you can think of something to do afterwards, right?" Quinn lingered above him for another moment, just in case the vampire responded verbally or physically. Part of him wanted the vampire to take a bite, but of course that wasn't appropriate for any work environment.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »
One of the things he loved most about being immortal was being able to see the movements of humans slower than they thought he could.  Especially in this case.  He enjoyed watching Quinn lower himself and get very close to his lips.  The second thing that he loved most about being immortal was being able to smell an erection before seeing one.

Quicker than Quinn could have moved, he leaned into the human, touching his cheek against the human's hot face. 

"I think I could."  His voice was low in his ear and before pulling away again, he nipped lightly at his neck - though not enough to draw blood.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
Quinn inhaled sharply, not realizing what was happening until he heard Jerry's sultry words in his ear, his cool cheek against his own. He smiled again, wider this time, and flushed as soon as the vampire's lips pushed against his skin. He gave the vampire a small moan as his teeth dragged across Quinn's neck, one loud enough of for only Jerry to hear. His skin crawled with chills and his dick hardened with anticipation. If there were no one else in the club, he may have decided to settle himself right down on top of him and gave him a piece of ... well, there was time for that.

He looked at the vampire hungrily and let him feel the intensity of his want before Quinn stood back up straight. "Good," Quinn said as he straightened himself and his clothing out. "Glad to hear it." With another coy smirk, he strolled away to go play the patient table boy for a few more hours.