Author Topic: A Long Road Ahead.  (Read 11593 times)

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
A Long Road Ahead.
« on: June 23, 2012, 10:00:34 AM »
She gazed outside the taxi window, her eyes moving back and forth as the sites of the city rolled on by, which seemed to moving at a very,very slow pace. She hadn’t said a word to Jake, other than back at the apartment announcing that they needed some bonding time together. A trip at this point wasn’t an option, she had responsibilities being Risk’s bar manager. She couldn’t just up and leave but instead she could take a few personal days for herself. She felt guilty about how she had been behaving lately; the last two years had been a savage rocky road. The constant fighting and using their own jobs as a means to avoid each other for weeks on end was getting out of hand once again. Even when she was at home, she admits she used her school work as a means to distance herself even further away from Jake. She couldn’t continue on this path of destruction, she needed Jake and she wanted to turn over a new leaf with her sire.

When the taxi finally pulled up to a slow stop on a curb adjunct to the park entrance, she gave the man his taxi money with a nice tip before suddenly flying out of the car. Her nerves where once again getting the best of her, she stopped for a split second. Everything will be fine, he’ll be proud. She slowed her actions, taking a small breath and proceeded to make her way over to where Jake was standing, calmer, but her nerves were still slightly twittering.   

A few months ago, she realized that she couldn’t learn everything from books, she would need someone to look up too for advice. She admitted she would need his stories, his experience from being a vampire. She required Jake's guidance at this point in her life. The countless hours of sitting on her bed, reading that precious book she had received the night after her siring could only take her so far. What was even more troubling she’s never even had the chance to use her disciplines; it has always been in her room and always in a practice exercise. She really didn’t want to rally up volunteers just to see how far her disciplines had become, she needed help from someone. She wanted that someone to be Jake, she wanted to share some wonderful experiences with her sire but due to her being a stubborn old mule with letting go with the past she wasn't able too at this point. This is why she had chosen Piskt Park, where it had all happened to show that the past must be put on the back burner for things to survive but never to be forgotten.

She turned to him looking into his eyes, “Jake I...” she rubbed her hands together, “I’m sorry, I’ve been a real shithead the last two years.” She wanted to look away but it was clear by her body language that this was something that was hard for her to do. “I wanted to bring you here to show you that what happened in the past isn’t an excuse for the way I’ve pushed you away. I need your help, I need your insight, I need ....” she sighed, “I need a lot of things that only you can provide and I thought maybe tonight we could get to know each other better. Maybe even grab a late night snack.” She attempted to give him a grin but she was already anticipating what his answer would be and she was somewhat terrified.

“I promise not to get angry and to behave!” She blurted out, trying to get her hands to stop shaking she them clasped together tightly. She not only wanted Jake, she also wanted a sire, something she denied herself long enough.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Re: A Long Road Ahead.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »
Jake rode in silence. If Sam wasn't going to open a dialoge then why should he? He figured it would either go well or badly, and as his mind was elsewhere, he couldn't really deal with either. His mind was on work. Kerr had left suddenly after the masquerade ball, where he'd made a complete fool of himself and of Jake. After all, it was Jake who's name was on all of those printed invitations, and it was Jake who'd convinced many warring political parties to be in one room at the same time. It was Jake who'd helped convince all these political seekers of power that the big daddy government, otherwise and better known as the Oligarchy, was there to protect and defend. In one drunken display, Kerr had destroyed it all. Some of the most ambitious of warmongers had been public in their forgiveness, the ancient Daemon came to mind, many supernaturals had been quick to speak out against the Luminary and his government.  Jake and the other Oligarchs had been mopping up the political mess created by Kerr, and in the last few days things looked like they might actually blow over. The Mimics defended Kerr's claim to power, the Oligarchs all backed him, and a few key opposers had suddenly gone missing. Jake didn't like using such brute force, but running a government was never clean. Kerr had placed Vomas as his acting party, and Jake hadn't been shocked. Vomas and Kerr were much more the same style, and Jake had always felt rubbed raw by the other vampire Oligarch. Vomas was cleaner, prettier in the way he handled things and never seemed to break a rule. Jake took risks, did what had to be done for the good of the people. If that made him look dirty to some, then so be it. He was an Oligarch because he knew what must be done, not because he did what was the "right thing," whatever the hell that was.

Jake's thoughts returned to his child, the darling Sam. Their relationship had been strained these two long years since her making, and Jake's troubles at work had turned his attention back to his family and friends. When Sam had approached Jake about spending more time together, the Jake off two years ago would have brushed her off, but now he felt compelled to try again. She was his progeny, his blood. Their bond went deeper than any mortal bond. Theirs was eternal. She was also a part of Jake's small but close family. Jake looked at Sam and gave her a small smile as they road. It was a small but meaningful gesture. It meant he was trying to enjoy himself. The car rolled up to the all too familiar park. It was here Sam had been made. It was here she'd been unmade as well. Jake looked on with pride as Sam paid the driver. It was not often that people paid for Jake. Everyone knew how wealthy he was, and people often forgot that paying for someone was not about the money, it as about the gesture, the sacrifice if you will.

He steeped out of the car and checked his reflection in the side view mirror. He was so young looking. Only his grey eyes, deep, jaded and wise told of his many years. His hair was the same as always, a short brown fohawk. His lips were white, which informed him of a need for blood. He knew why Sam had brought him here. It was dinner time. He was wearing a pair of skin tight jeans and a tight red t-shirt from the new, hot, teen company of the next five minutes. He had to look the part of his age and it often meant keeping up with the new fad and, giving into it. He found the current summer trends horrible, but what could you do when you look eighteen? His Adidas crushed grass as he walked towards the park's entrance with Sam. He turned and listened as she spoke. She sounded sincere. She sounded sad and alone and wounded. Jake searched their bond and fond to an extent all this was true. He took her hand in his, still facing her.

"My child," Jake started.  "I was brash, impulsive and horrible during my formative years. My sire Sophie picked me for this very reason. Although I did not pick you in the traditional sense, my blood made you. You are like me. There is nothing to forgive."

Jake squeezed her hand and smiled at her. He thought about a hug, but then thinking how overly sentimental this would be decided against it and let her hand go.   
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »
Her hands had completely stopped shaking after Jake had taken her hand, she hadn't expected any sort of gesture from him at all. She thought of him somewhat as a brute, although she had a lot to do with bringing out his feral side. Sam knows she has pushed him to the limits of what anyone could withstand, she almost took pride in pushing his buttons, watching his fists and cruel words fly in an explosion of emotions. Only to later have her gut twist and turn after she'd seen the damage she had caused, it was tearing her up inside. She even felt as she didn't have the right to open herself up to the blood bond that she and Jake shared; for eternity. Other than using it to exchange a few words without actually speaking to each other, she never really took advantage of what was truly a wonderful thing that most people could never experience.

She put on a happy expression, "Maybe so, but I still feel the need too apologize for my actions. I have been disrespectful to you and I have no problem owing up to it." She felt ashamed but tried to hide it, her hands at her sides started playing with the long sleeved, zip up blood red hoodie that she had received from outside the country which finally came in the mail a few weeks ago. A simple white tank top poked out from the half zipped up hoodie, tight fitting jean capris pants that were folded up at the the bottoms. Metallic brown strapped shoes was the choice of wear for tonight instead of her traditional white running shoes. She wanted to wear something different for a change, most of the summer fashions in the city turned out to be something off a damn drama show. This years fad was not her favorite and it resorted to her ordering stuff online, a fad was a fad and they would always come and go. So if you didn't like the fad that was in your area might as well go with one that you do like, even if it's in a country thousands of miles away.

They started off on the main path of the park that was lit up by the lanterns, she was peckish but wasn't overly ready for a meal quite yet. More so she was putting it off because in her two years of being a Ventrue she hadn't even bothered to pick a blood type. Something that she had kept secret for the most part, she decided to get off the thought of food and later return to food for thought when it was time to eat.

"Jake where did you grow up ? If you don't mind me asking ?" She knew nothing about Jake, she wanted to start it off soft. She realized that this situation was very delicate. It was almost as if she was stepping on glass, shattering in seconds if she put her foot in the wrong place. She just hoped that for once everything would go smoothly, no fights, she just wanted to get along.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:12:55 PM »
Jake decided to let Sam apologize because it obviously made her feel better. Some people liked that sort of thing, and who was Jake to deny her what she wanted? They started off on the path and Jake began scanning for wayward wanderers. He was hungry. He was not so famished that he could not keep up a dialogue, and so he responded to Sam's question about his origins.

"I don't mind," he began. "You'll learn one day that conversation on these things is unnecessary. You'll be able to feel my memories through our blood."

He sent forth a memory, nothing large, just a young Jake with his mortal mother stroking his hair. He was very young, almost eight. They were sitting in a rocking chair and his mother sang an old song in Gaelic. Jake remembered her warmth, and her love. The memory concluded with guilt. Jake had murdered his mortal family at the request of his sire. At the time, the young blood of the Ventrue, the love of his sire, and his own misconceptions about what it was to be vampire clouded his judgement. It was only years after Sophie's death that he'd felt guilty for what he'd done. The guilt distracted him for a moment before he answered his child's question more directly.

"I hail from Ireland," he began. "I was eighteen when I was sired into vampire. My mortal years are almost lost to me, but things like the fields, the sun, the smells. All of these are things from my mortal life that I miss."

He ended on this note, unsure if he should ask a question of his own. He decided to let Sam reply, and either share about herself or let her ask more about his life. 

Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »
Sam nodded her head at his statement; she wanted to learn more about the bond they shared. To her it was a very complex thing, the ability to share such personal feelings and memories remained strange and alluring, something she didn’t have the capacity to understand.

She heard the sound of someone softly singing, crisp, clear images came into her mind as if she had awoken an old recollection. She could feel the tenderness that his mother gave to him as he sat perfectly cuddle in her adoring embrace. Her hand delicately stroked his brown hair and Sam could see that Jake had his mother’s eyes. She savored what she could till she was ravished with his guilt. She had no clue why; her instinct to ask was silenced. His voice seemed to be edged with guilt; she understood that becoming a vampire wasn’t easy. He looked so young, trapped in an eighteen year olds body; even she looked older than Jake.

She was unsure about sending a memory; she wasn’t even sure what she should share. Her first time sharing a memory was choppy at best, but she managed to share a story that was clear. She remembered the winter’s cold air and an image of a young Sam of nine bundled up in a jacket and ski pants standing off to the side as her father cleared a driveway with his new toy, the snow blower. “Make it rain with snow again daddy!” The snow didn’t hurt but it was like artificial snow falling from the sky, light and fluffy. Her father came around and once again she was blasted with fine snow, she giggled with glee jumping up and down. That seemed to be a long time ago and it ended with sadness, in one night they all had been murdered.

“I’m orginally from Canada. The thing I miss most is my family that I once had as a mortal. At eighteen they all perished, drunk driver. The next year I moved here and started over.” That was all she was willing to say for now, she quickly changed the subject. “What else can you do with the blood bond?” She had an optimistic outlook with the way things we're going so far, making her feel very close to Jake right now. 

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:07:57 AM »
Jake received Sam's memory in a fuzzy, dirty haze. Her skill at such a thing needed work, but even the damp memory could be felt, could be processed. So they'd both lost their mortal families at a young age. Jake couldn't help but feel a bit more connected to his progeny than before; although the deaths of their kin was entirely different. Jake was a murderer, Sam was not. Jake was happy to have the question asked, as it got his mind off his terrible guilt and his remorse for Sam. He straightened his posture and tried his best to adopt a formal tone as he spoke.

"Well, I can issues commands to you," Jake began. "But, you already know that." He gave her a knowing smile. He was teasing her. Jake then took a moment to reflect on the fact that he could actually tease Sam. Years ago this would have ended in a bitter fight between the two.

"I can also summon you at will. Wherever you are you will be compelled to come to me. You will have no control. This is useful to me when I think you're in danger or the sun is drawing too near for my liking and your not home."

Jake thought more about what the bond of blood meant and added more before Sam could respond. "You will also be able to feel me, and I you. You will know when I am happy or sad and vice versa. Also it will be easy for us to track the other one. Simply, we are bonded more than any mortal bond could ever be. Parents and children are strangers compared to us."

He let that sit, and waited for her to respond to the somewhat overwhelming information she'd just been given. He grabbed her hand again and squeezed. This time it was to suggest that he was here for her no matter how crazy the information she'd just gotten might be.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
Jake’s action towards Sam gave her a very warm feeling inside; she tightly squeezed his hand back. Her mind wandered away, she was almost listless as she watched the people stray from the light paths. The information sank deep into her mind. Years ago, she rebelled at the notion that he could just command her to do what he deemed fit. Rebelled at the very thought that someone could just take her free will even if she screamed and shouted nothing would change his mind. Now, his point of view seemed clear, like a fog had lifted from her very mind.

She had to understand he was only doing these things to protect they very thing that he had created. She was a child, life for her had completely started over; she was a Venture fledgling, not an adult and she would have to learn to let go of some of the things she once knew as a mortal. She subconsciously squeezed Jake’s hand even harder; the transition from human to vampire had always been violent even from the beginning. She had clung to her mortal path for far to long, her family was long dead. Most of her extended family was dead. She really had nothing to go back too, it was sad but candidly true. Why she had clung to such things? In her mind, it was easier to love the dead, than the living. 

“Can we help each other through the bond?” Sam had a small grin on her face as she spoke more than just one word. She was somewhat okay, she assumed anymore would come out choppy or sound like static. She had always wanted to talk to Jake through what they shared, the emotion of pride swelled up inside. Sam shared this with Jake as she awaited her sire’s wisdom.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 04:27:09 AM »
Jake recived the mental communication much clearer than the last. She was learning. Jake laughed with pride at his progeny's quick uptake. Yes we can he though back.

He spoke aloud. "But only in realms of emotions and thoughts. If you are in physical danger I'll know it, but it's not as if I can use the bond to heal you or save you."

He smiled at his pupil. "Anything else," he asked. He'd started to grow hungry.   
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
A welcomed shiver rushed over her body as Jake's laughter filled the night's air, it was so rare to hear him laugh. The small speech that emerged in her head from her sire was a strange feeling indeed. Sam always had a mere brush of a word or two from him, nothing more. She never felt the true meaning of being connected as he had once said a time or two, usually in great sadness after an awful fight. She wanted to know one other thing, she was even unsure of asking because of the answer she might get from Jake.

"Well, there is one thing." She had read many passages in what Jake called the bible, she liked to call it a true story that had merit and truth. It always left her with many unanswered questions and more questions that emerged right after. "Do we have to do anything to strengthen it ? Such as ..... drinking ?" She got somewhat uncomfortable talking about drinking Jake's blood or even bringing up the idea. She could somewhat feel that he was getting hungry, maybe that is why she asked such a question. She still held onto his hand, although her grip had loosened slightly. She decided to let him pick an off road path, anxiously awaiting whatever answer would come her way.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 05:45:05 AM »
Jake narrowed in his eyes. Where on earth did Sam hear about blood sharing? He thought that perhaps she and Scott had been talking. Jake had found out that he and Conner did blood sharing a few years back. He didn't interfere but still thought it inappropriate.

"No Sam," Jake said firmly. "Blood sharing is not a good idea. Besides we are already the same blood so it would be rather pointless. Our connection does not need to be strengthened. It is stronger than any connection you could imagine already. As we work together more, this will become clearer."

He patted her shoulder and gave her a smile to apologize for his firm tone. 
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 07:24:32 AM »
"Okay," she said quietly. She could hear the distaste in Jake's voice for bringing up the question and she decided to leave it alone. Even his gracious pat on Sams shoulder and Jake's young smile couldn't make her feel better, she felt stupid for asking such a personal question. She wasn't ready to share where she had acquired that information, she felt a little guilty keeping secrets from Jake.

They had left the main path way together, the new moon was out tonight creating total darkness in the dense and overgrown park. Her eye's scanned the parks grounds, listening for anything that could be a potential meal. Only then she realized, she was an expert in hunting animals but hunting humans, she didn't have a clue.

"Jake I -" she stopped. There might be people listening and she could never be too careful. "I don't know how to hunt .... people". She gave him a sheepish grin pulling on his hand and leading him down an even darker path in the park.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »
Jake was startled. What did Sam mean she didn't know how to hunt? She'd been made for over two years. Jake blamed himself. They'd never hunted together. Sam had most likely been drinking bag blood or bottled blood from Risk or The White Rabbit. He tried to hide his guilt with a smile. He didn't want her to know how grievously bad he felt.

"Then we must learn how," Jake answered. "You may speak freely there are no mortals around."

He checked his senses. There were a few humans about a five minute walk away but that was about it. Jake couldn't sense much about them. Auspex was not one of the Ventrue's disciplines. Jake decided that these humans would do just fine for a first hunt for Sam, and they would be great test subjects for teaching Sam how to use Presence.

"If you want to learn how then follow me," he said with a wink. He began walking towards the humans. Jake kept a light pace. the humans were not going anywhere in a hurry and Jake knew he could overtake them if they began walking too fast. Jake said nothing to Sam about what was to be done. He wanted to show her. Jake stopped walking when he could see them. The humans's eyesight was far weaker than the two vampires and so they looked on ignorance. One was utterly Jake's type. A young boyish looking guy in his twenties spoke with a female friend of his about an ex-boyfriend who'd left him for another man.

"Like he's ever gonna find somebody like me," the attractive mortal said. "I mean, who can suck dick like me?"

"You're so gross," the female friend said. "I love it. So Andrew, was Tom like, well endowed?"

"Majorly," the boy said. "You know I don't go under seven and a half."

"You're a total size queen," the girl accused. 

"Shut up you bitch," the boy laughed and hit the girl in the arm.

They were smoking a joint, which explained why they were in the park. Jake's fangs became visible as he listened. He was a cougar on the prowl. The boy was his victim. He was wearing a tight V-neck and equally tight blue jeans and converse shoes. He had sandy blonde hair and blue eyes and big hooked nose. The nose, being his only individually unattractive feature made him all that more desirable. Jake often found it funny that one poor looking feature than by itself was ugly could make a person beautiful. He wanted him badly. His blood would be fresh. The female was pretty but in an odd sort of way. She had short, almost manish pink hair and a nose ring. She wore lots of mascara and had on many rings. She was thin and big breasted. She wore high heels and green nail polish that stood out in the darkness of night. She was an individual.

"So, this weed sucks," the boy said. "Tell that boyfriend of yours to step it up."

"I know," the girl agreed. "He's been slacking, but he knows how to fuck so I'll forgive him. He's also not in love with me after the first date like so may other losers."

"I know men are gross," the boy agreed. "I'm horny." They both laughed. Jake turned to Sam and sent her a message.

Tell me when you're ready... He couldn't wait long. He was hungry.   
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 02:07:13 PM »
She was not surprised to see the expression on Jake's face, his small pang of guilt she could feel through the bond.
She squeezed his hand tightly, she didn't want him to feel guilty or to feel bad about Sam's lack in essential skills. She was just glad that she had him now to show her how to properly hunt. Their relationship had never been good enough for Sam to be taught properly by Jake, something that was both their faults. It was only now that they had embarked on the journey together, trying to create a relationship that they both desperately wanted. It was proven to be going smoothly for now, but that dark fear that things would go wrong lingered in the back of her mind.

She nodded her head, quietly following, as Jake made his way down the path at a brisk pace. Sam could hear voices and smell a familiar scent that jolted her senses. It was ganja, a small smile crossed her lips. It had been so long since she had puffed on a joint, not since she was a teenager. That seemed like a very long time ago in her mortal life. As they moved closer she could hear a male and a female, both chattering away as she could hear the sounds of them sucking on the joint. The conversation they were having was entertaining at the least, the dope however smelled okay. She had smelled worse in her lifetime. This explained why they had come so far away from the main path, naughty and foolish little humans.

They had stopped downwind from the pair of humans that now seemed so close, she had noticed the girls bright pink hair. Her stomach gurgled, I haven`t eaten in a few days. She didn't make eye contact with Jake as she told him this quickly feeding her very emotions. She was not famished, her senses although where just wired. She had her eyes on the pink haired girl with intriguing green nail polish. She was getting nervous, her vision felt as if it was almost tunneled towards the girl. She could smell her perfume as it wafted down the pathway, oddly enough she thinks she recognizes the smell.

She wanted her blood, the boy for some reason did not interest Sam enough. Sam knew that she had to be careful for accidents could happen if one got carried away and didn't pay attention to life signs. When you worked in a club called Risk for as long as she had, your more aware of the danger that comes with playing with mortals.

"I'm ready. The girl is mine," her eyes were now fixed onto Jake. Anticipating on how Jake would take down his prey and she was quivering with excitement as she got  to watch her sire, take down a mortal. With his skills this would look easy. She knew this wouldn't be the case in her situation, slow and steady where her only thoughts.   

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 04:31:02 AM »
Jake turned to Sam, sensing her growing hunger. "As your sire I command you do not feed on her until I tell you," Jake ordered. "Take her and hold her still and keep her from screaming, but do not feed."

With the order firmly in place Jake moved in to take his victim. He caught the boy in mid phrase. The girl may have screamed once before Sam got to her, but if she did Jake didn't hear it. He was to busy with the boy. He locked eyes with him, putting the boy in a peaceful trance. His soft eyes were taken in by Jake's piercing gaze. The boy smiled and bent his neck. Jake nodded his own head as if to say thank you, and then sunk his fangs into the boy's neck. The blood flowed easy. His young heart beat fast and strong. Jake hardly had to suck at all. He drink about two pints, no more than would be given at a blood donation. The boy's blood was sweet and slightly tangy. It was what Jake imagined an orange might taste like. He'd never had one during his mortal life.

The boy's mind was in the place where all mortals go from being fed on. He was happy. When Jake noticed his heart begin to slow down just a bit, he pulled back. He took his right thumb and pricked it on one of his fangs and smeared the blood on the bite marks, healing them entirely. Most vampires didn't do this. Jake considered them sloppy. Fangs marks were proof that they'd been there. It was a clear violation of the masquerade to Jake. Also, Jake thought of it as a thank you to the human. He was one of the few vampires who thought a human deserved thanks for there blood. He gently placed the know unconscious boy on the ground, tilting his head so that his neck wouldn't bruise from discomfort. He then turned to see how Sam had fared and to teach her to feed.

"Are you ready Sam," Jake asked as he turned towards her. 
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »
His command had to be followed. She didn’t put up a fuss as like she would of many times before; that ended today. She understood that the trust they should of had was not there, this was meant to keep her safe; too keep the human safe. A vampires hunger was not to be trusted at her age, her hunger was a feral thing that made even the most sane vampires utterly dangerous.

He was nothing but a blur of speed; she was right behind him till she veered off to where the girl was standing. Miss pink was so focused on Jake that she didn’t see Sam standing right behind her; she was a few inches taller than Sam. That didn’t matter; she almost hesitated as she went in to silence the girl as she was somewhat nervous.  Then, that perfume filled her nostrils and it was as if she knew what to do as a vampire, she needed food but at the same time she needed to remember that her replenishing food source needed to live and for them to be kept completely in the dark as to what exactly attacked them.

She wrapped her arm around the front of her neck while she forced Miss Pink forward onto her knees. Her screams where immediately replaced by her sound of gasping. It made Sam feel powerful over the mortal; the girl’s hands scratched into Sam’s flesh as she tried to pry her arm away from her neck. Sam slowly took her left  hand and pressed down on the back of her neck slowly cutting off the oxygen to her brain. She could have done a sleeper hold but a choke hold basically did the same thing but the technique was slightly different.

The human’s body finally went limp; her eye’s where on Jake now as the passed out human remained in her arms. Jake's graceful attack made her seem like someone who was a lot more brutal. Presence wasn’t her best discipline; she hoped that tonight she would be able to do what Jake just did; it was perfect. The way the boy was totally memorized by him, letting him drink willingly even with the stupid fuck grin on his face. He seemed totally out of it while in total control and it was all Jake’s doing.

“Yes,” she said. She was quiet for a moment, “How did I do?” She was curious as to how she did on her first official human take down.