Author Topic: Thirst  (Read 19173 times)

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Thirst
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »
The vibrations of the phone stopped and Emil felt relief spread over him. He’d be terribly worried if there was some emergency going on and it might interfere with the nice time he was trying to have this evening with Bill. Right as he was about to address Bill’s complaint of light-headedness, the phone began to ring again and he let out a sigh, clapping his lips together in a dramatic display.

“Sure, sweetheart, just hold on a moment. I’m so sorry, this must seem like poor etiquette and I assure you I normally wouldn’t answer a phone call! But someone wouldn’t keep calling unless it was an absolute emergency.” He gave a somewhat frazzled smile towards the boy, taking his cellphone from his pocket and pressing it to his ear. He didn’t need to; if he’d answered the phone call in his pocket he could have heard what was on the other end because of his supernatural hearing, but of course it had become natural habit now to answer the phone in the most human like way possible.

“Lamar, what’s happened?” He asked in a somber tone.

He listened for a moment to the voice on the other line.

“Surely you’re kidding!” Emil exclaimed, followed by another pause.

“No…no, don’t do that. Is she showing any clear signs of intoxication?” He asked.

“Mhm. Okay, well then don’t call the police because…well I’ll be there as soon as I can. Calm her down if you can. If not, I suppose it won’t hurt anything if she drives away, so long as she isn’t drunken. Anyway, I’m with someone right now so I need to let you go,”

He smiled sheepishly, presumably over something someone on the other line say.

“Alright, sweetie. Goodbye.”

Emil hung up the phone and put it back in his pocket, shaking the concern off of his face as he looked back to Bill. He obviously needed to leave, but he thought it would be terribly cold and insensitive to just leave Bill here after feeding from him, especially when he’d just disclosed he felt a bit lightheaded.

“Lightheaded, you said?” Emil asked to open conversation once more.

“Oh dear. That’s not good at all, pumpkin. I think you’ll be fine but mayhaps you ought have something to eat! I can take you to the eatery if need be, darling. It’s really up to you. I’m quite disheartened to say, though, that this meeting will have to be cut short. Something of an emergency has happened and I need to leave.”

He paused, and then decided to add one more thing.

“But I want to make sure you’re alright before I leave and that I get you my phone number.  We should keep in touch, I think, so that I can communicate any news about your brother! If you need a ride home- if you’re ready to go home of course- I’d be glad to facilitate that,”

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 10:48:23 AM »
Bill didn't particularly mind Emil answering the phone call. He took the time given him to compose himself so he wouldn't sound like a lovesick puppy, as he noted he had a tendency to do after a feeding. Thankfully, the call lasted just enough time for him to decide that perhaps he could move again after all, despite his want not to do so. He truly was comfortable where he was.

"It's okay," he mumbled, leaning his head back against the chair a bit more. He should probably get off now, he figured, especially since Emil had to go. Disappointing, though…he really did enjoy the vampire's company, which was rather an oddity, in his mind, considering he didn't like any vampire. Emil was the exception, though, it seemed. And he even offered his number to Bill!

"I'm used to it, I'll be fine…the walk home will clear my head, anyway." He smiled as he spoke, gently pushing himself to a standing position, taking care not to stumble. He honestly wasn't that lightheaded, especially after being given a moment to compose himself.

"Thank you for tonight, really…it means so much to me that you even care to keep an eye out for him. You have no idea," he gushed, though he did indeed hold back a bit. He wasn't going to be clingy, he wasn't going to be clingy…but it was so hard when he was this grateful to another vampire.

Maybe he didn't have a clue where his brother was, but after meeting Emil…he seemed a little bit closer. Emil could at least look for his brother in the vampire-only places that Bill couldn't go, and even if he mentioned seeing someone look like his brother…it was more than he could hope for, honestly.

His mind was still scrambling to catch up with the fact that the feeding was over and it was time to work again, but Bill was honestly making a good effort. He could walk, as he said, and he fully intended to walk home as well. He didn't live in a horrible part of town, after all…it just wasn't the nicest. Besides, he couldn't ask any more from the vampire tonight…he had done enough.

The feeding had left him with a feeling as though Emil had given him a gift instead of the other way around. Just a few moments of bliss, a few moments without thoughts and worries from his brother, a few moments where someone held him close, for whatever reason…that truly was a gift, to him. Even feeling a tad bit lightheaded as he did, he realized this, and he was honestly grateful. Now if he could somehow facilitate another meeting with this vampire…ah, but it seemed as thought Emil had already thought ahead of him and offered his number. Fantastic!

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 11:02:59 AM »
As soon as Bill stood up, so did Emil. He didn’t think twice before he was wrapping his hands around the mortal’s upper body in a steadying motion. The young man hadn’t stumbled, but if he was light headed it was likely that his coordination might slip, too. He felt obligated to the human in the sense that it was now his responsibility to make sure if he was a bit ‘out of it’ that he be treated in some way.

He gave a doubtful, weary face as the young man explained that he was fine and he was going to walk home. Walk home? They were in the industrial zone of town; surely, Bill’s house wasn’t all that close. A walk here and there was good for the health and all, but he didn’t feel that anyone should be walking home in this part of the city. True, Bill might have had friends to walk home with that Emil didn’t know about, but he didn’t think to ask and he was determined not to leave a boy to walk home by himself.

“Well, I’d much prefer you get a ride, sweet cheeks. Just wait a minute,” He spoke and dug into his pocket once more, retrieving his expensive alligator leather wallet and pulling an hundred dollar bill from it. That was more than enough for cab fare, he gathered.

“Here,” He spoke and extended the money to the human. “Oh, please, don’t argue with it. It’ll concern me all daylight hours to wonder if you made it home safely or not- this way, I know that you’ll be alright.”

He waited for the money to be accepted. Next step was to give the boy one of his business cards, but he didn’t want to overload Bill by too much at once. It was one step at a time; that was always the best route to go.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 11:43:15 AM »
His smile widened just a little as Emil stood up, arms immediately around the boy. He appreciated the physical contact afterwards, as if Emil didn't quiet want to let him go, either. It was so, unbelievably nice to feel taken care of…he wished Emil didn't have to run.

"Um," he blinked, accepting the money without hesitating. One part of him, the honest part, wanted to protest that a hundred was far too much money for a cab ride. The more sensible and partially greedy part of him screamed something like Are you nuts? He's a vampire! He's had time to build up wealth, and you could use a hundred yourself. Take it!

"Thanks!" he beamed cheerfully at the vampire. If it had been any other vampire, or had the circumstances been a little different, he was sure that he would probably feel insulted to have money thrown at him. He was sure, though, that Emil did not mean it in any way that could possibly be interpreted as insulting. He wasn't paying Bill for sex or for giving blood…he was trying to get him a taxi home, and make sure he had enough. It was so, incredibly kind of him…Bill almost didn't know how to handle himself, with all the gratitude he felt towards this philanthropist. He had been so, incredibly lucky to be picked out of the crowd to be introduced to him.

"You're like…way nicer than any vampire I've ever met," he admitted, still smiling. "No one's ever cared if I got home okay before. Or really…cared about me at all. Thank you."

…Did he really just say that? Why couldn't he just shut up? Now he was getting all mushy and stuff, and however tolerant Emil may be, surely he had limits! A deep flush adorned his face as he took a step back, embarrassed at his display.

"I should um…go," he mumbled, red-faced.

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »
No one has ever cared for you at all? Emil’s mind echoed. He absolutely couldn’t fathom that and a part of him wanted to stay with Bill longer to show him that in fact, he cared, and that Bill was worth it. Emil wasn’t surprised that other vampires might have been a bit, well, colder than he was. He’d never understood vampire culture much and it’s why he tried to avoid it as much as he could. The less well known he was in the vampire community the better things would turn out for him, he gathered. He certainly wanted to be a file in the Oligarchy headquarters that gathered dust than one of the residents that was whispered about constantly.

“Wait, cutie patootie, don’t you hurry off yet!” Emil spoke with a chuckle. Now he whipped out his business card; it was a light blue color with floral designs frosted on as a border in a bright, vibrant white. The same shade of white was what the color the font replicated, listing name as “Emil Elwira” his profession as “Jack of the Arts” as well as his phone number and his email address.

“Please, don’t hesitate to contact me. I’d love to get together or just chat…and you best talk to me so I know how to get ahold of you, in chance I find something out about your brother,”

He had still hesitated on offering to actively look for Bill’s brother because he didn’t know much about Bill. What if Bill turned out to be someone’s pet or familiar- or what if Thomas, the brother, was some important vampire’s pet or familiar? He just didn’t want to get himself mixed into politics if he could help it.

“Alright, pookie, thank you so much. I hope you have a fun night,” Emil concluded, drawing Bill in for a quick hug and sealing it with a peck of the boy’s cheek. He pulled back and smiled, waiting for the boy to leave instead of leaving himself…mainly because he wanted to be sure the boy could walk straight. If he didn’t stumble, he was probably well enough to be left on his own.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2012, 02:38:37 PM »
Cutie Patootie…that was a new one, but it made Bill smile all the same. The vampire seemed to take everything in stride instead of getting all offended or withdrawing after his admission…something he hadn't really expected. He liked it, though, and he felt a surge of gratitude at the business card being presented to him. Emil actually did want to keep in contact with him, and actually encouraged him to call.

"Thanks," he repeated, returning the hug easily, squeezing a little. Of course, he now knew that inviting the vampire out for coffee would be a definite no-no. "I'll call soon…and maybe I can find you here again."

When he was all healed up from tonight, anyway. He knew better than to come more than twice a week, unlike Andi, who came every other night. He had no doubt that if Emil had come here once, he would come here again…and hopefully Bill would be here when he did. He actually didn't feel totally disgusted with himself for liking this particular feeding, an oddity given how many times he had fed various vampires.

"Thank you…really." With that, he turned and removed himself from the room, thankfully without stumbling. He cast one look back, though, memorizing the gorgeous room as much as he could. He just couldn't believe his luck in finding this vampire, this one who wanted to help him, for whatever reason. Emil was just so…human. Bill had never met any other vampire like him before…but he wouldn't be opposed to meeting more of Emil's ilk, if they were all as nice as him.

He made it outside to a cab, giving directions to the apartment he shared with his father, the business card clutched tightly in his hand. Emil could be his lifeline to finding his brother. Tonight…tonight had been progress, he just knew it.