Author Topic: Something In The Air  (Read 15608 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Something In The Air
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »
“I suppose it’s difficult, especially when we look like we could be the same age. Was it easier to remember Kerr was older? Since he looks older anyway?” Sebastian asked with a teasing grin. Kerr did look a few years older than both of them, even though Sebastian had a great many centuries on the Irishman. He wasn’t sure what had made him think of Kerr at that moment – but he was someone who looked older that they both knew.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »
She pressed her lips together, not wanting to talk about Kerr to Sebastian.  The pain was mostly gone, though she still missed him - missed their easy companionship.  Everything had slotted so nicely into place with them, but obviously Kerr hadn't wanted that for himself.  He was in love with another, and she'd been forced to accept it.

"Perhaps," she said, knowing she was being overly sensitive on the matter, but she couldn't help it.  It was all still rather fresh.  "I deal with ancient artefacts all the time, and wonder at their history.  Thinking the same thing about a person, isn't something I'm used to."
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 09:07:22 PM »
Sebastian fell silent for a few seconds, gazing along the bench at Jenna. He had obviously touched a nerve with mentioning Kerr and he didn’t want things to plummet as badly as they had done on other occasions.

“Perhaps I can help with that then,” he replied. “Is there anything you have ever wondered about my era of history which I could answer for you? It might place me a little more in history for you,” Sebastian offered before adding with a grin, “Although remember it was a long time ago, I’ll try to be as accurate as I can but some things may slip my mind.”

It was almost two centuries ago – Sebastian really wouldn’t be surprised if there were parts of his culture that Jenna knew more about that he did at this point since he’d lived through so many. Sometimes things became muddled up in his mind as he focused more on the present.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »
She was so overwhelmed by the expanse of what she could ask, that she found herself flummoxed into silence for the first few minutes.  She tapped her red lips with her index finger, the pale pink french manicure on her nail matching her toes but not her lips.

"Do you remember what your civilisation was like, when you were a boy?" she asked finally, perhaps asking a question he wouldn't have an answer for at all.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
“Some parts of it. I remember school, which was deathly boring. And travelling around the city, and all the religious festivals, hundreds of them, pointless things. I joined the army when I was quite young, so I suppose that cut my childhood short.”

He lightly ran his nails over Jenna’ skin, just enough to tickle and tease her nerves, not leave a mark.

“Was there any specific you wanted to ask about?”

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 07:59:19 AM »
She wiggled her toes while she thought about his words.  He'd gone to a school?  That was a surprising statement in itself.  But perhaps he was simply talking about his tutelage, and referring to his education in a manner that she would understand.  Using her language.  She didn't bother to chase that comment, deciding that this must be what he meant - and the education system of ancient... wherever he was from - wasn't her priority.

"What city was it?" she asked.  "Did you end up marching to war?  Who did you fight?  What happened to you afterward?"  She giggled then, and pressed her fingers to her lips to stop herself from asking any more question while Sebastian dealt with the ones she'd fired rapidly at him.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »
Sebastian tore his eyes away from Jena to look out at the gardens as he mulled over their questions. Jenna had seen his portrait, she knew this wasn’t going to end well. But perhaps that had slipped her mind, or she thought that was later on.

“I was born in Gallia Narboensis – that’s now a part of Southern France but at the time it was a Roman Province. A beautiful area, stunning. I went to Milan to be educated and so when I joined the military I had a good start.” He fell silent for a moment then looked towards Jenna with pride obvious in his eyes. “I became part of the Praetorian Guard. The bodyguards of the Roman Emperor, Diocletian. So no, I never went to war with the army, but I was a part of the elite.”

Sebastian reached out and scooped up the hand Jenna had pressed to her lips, weaving their fingers together and dropping their hands to rest on her stretched out legs. With her legs over his it wasn’t much of a reach.

“I had to lie to be allowed my position. They didn’t know I was Christian. I managed to keep it hidden for so many years. Then I opened my mouth, I wanted to teach people the flaws of the Roman Gods. And I was good at it. Too many people converted, people spoke out, people took big steps, freeing prisoners, getting themselves noticed. And Diocletian sentenced me to death for it.”

He squeezed her fingers gently, giving Jenna a smirk. “It didn’t stick.”

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 07:10:23 AM »
Too late, as he neared the end of his tale, did she realise her folly.  As he spoke about Roman Gods, she wanted to stop him, to change the subject, but he ended it on a note that they both understood, without saying anything provocative.  She was grateful.

The smirk sold him to her, completely and utterly.  She was already feeling fanciful and daring, and his history touched a note in her.  She wasn't religious in the slightest, but religion was so very closely related to art and culture that they couldn't be separated.  It was all important, and Sebastian had experienced it to the very end.  Of course the end hadn't been his end, there was more, there was so much more, and the world had jiggled and juggled its way through time, bouncing Sebastian around until he'd found his way here now, with her.

She was the type of woman to wait for a kiss.  The type to seek out a particular moment, to be disappointed if it came and went without action (like it had before), and certainly not the kind of woman to manufacture her own 'moment' in order to get what she was waiting for.  But now, faced with a man who'd treated her respectfully (apart from the misunderstanding when they'd first met), much like Kerr had done, she removed her right hand from his grasp to reach up to his face and turn it lightly so he was facing her fully.  She leant closer and tipped her own face upward in a maneouvre that was impossible to misinterpret.  He was tall enough so that he would have to duck his head in order to kiss her, but her hand had slid around to the back of his neck in an attempt to bring him closer.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 07:34:05 AM »
Sebastian’s smile grew as Jenna moved closer and positioned herself so obviously. He’d tried to keep his distance, but it was clear what she wanted now and he wouldn’t be pushed off this time.

He let her pull him closer, keeping her waiting half a second longer than he needed to before ducking his head to press his cool lips against her as he shifted his hand to rest on her waist. Sebastian pulled Jenna closer along the bench, his lips parting slightly but the vampire resisted the urge to let his tongue roam as he wanted it to. She was so warm, so much warmer than other humans, it was fascinating, and so delicious against his skin, surrounding him with her hand as well as her lips.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »
Her other arm came up to be tossed over his shoulder, and fingers crept to curl in his hair.  Her kiss grew more passionate once he allowed it to be so, though her tongue was also a little reserved when it couldn't find his to greet it.  She swiped it across his lips instead where she could, and liked the way he brought her close to him.  Her body zinged with excitement thanks to her very physical attraction to him, coupled with a physical interaction.  After a moment she came to a conscious awareness that she could either pull away or advance their kiss into something a great deal more intimate.

She pulled away, but not in the sense that she retreated.  Rather, she broke the kiss and lowered her head to his shoulder, catching her breath.  Her fingers extracted themselves from gripping his hair and she positioned herself into a cuddle.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 08:30:48 AM »
Sebastian resisted the urge to make a sound of disappointment as they broke apart, but as she nuzzled against him Sebastian knew he wanted her closer. He wrapped his arms around her, spurred on by her fingers in his hair and he moved her in a smooth movement to position her in his lap to hold her more intimately.

He wanted to go on, to take more of her, to hold her, and kiss her thoroughly, then bite and drink, to claim her completely as his. But with how she’d reacted to him so far on previous occasions Sebastian didn’t believe that demanding too much and taking what he wanted from her was the right way to go.

“If that’s the reaction I get perhaps I should tell you about the next time they tried to kill me,” he said with a low chuckle, resting his cheek against the top of her head.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 09:00:56 AM »
She pulled back to look at him, laughing softly at his jest, before smacking him lightly on the shoulder.  Her action spoke for her: don't be silly.

Because it had been nice, cuddling with him while sitting on his lap, she returned there, her ear against his shoulder, her forehead pressed against his neck.  It was easy to simply lift her face and planted kisses there, and she did this a few times before growing self-conscious at her brazen action and returned to being cuddled once more.  Her heart was hammering in her chest with a mingling of excitement and lust.  She was still reeling from the fact that no other man had made her feel this way; young and foolish and horny.  She didn't like what the last feeling was doing to her, making her shift all of her principles about only being with men that she connected well with, about only having romantic interludes with men that she loved.  She didn't love Sebastian, they couldn't see eye to eye on anything beyond anything of the most trivial importance.  How could she love a man who frustrated her, who upset her and made her feel like less than an equal?  Yet here she was, happy to be on his lap, happy to kiss him and certainly happy to have been kissed by him.  She wondered briefly if she would even stop him if he made another arrogant pass at her this time, pushing her to have sex on this park bench.  She liked to think that she would, but so far she was doing the opposite of everything she was thinking, when it came to him.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 06:00:57 PM »
Sebastian gave a soft chuckle at her smack, lifting his hand in mock defence before dropping it to rest on her thigh, possibly a little higher than he should have, but at least he had the excuse of keeping her secure in his lap.

He shut his eyes as she carried on her teasing, her lips dancing over his neck like she was the vampire looking for a place to bite on a human. This was torture, to have her acting so brazenly, acting like she wanted him to respond in kind, but knowing that if he did she might well turn on him. Her heart was pounding in a manner which told him she couldn’t just be doing this to test him – but her self-resolve might rear its head at any moment.

“You confuse me endlessly, Miss Hall. And I am trying very hard not to let myself take a peek into that mind of yours to clarify matters,” Sebastian murmured, ducking his head a little and pressing a light kiss against her cheek, wanting to much to drop lower and go to her throat, or her delicious lips again, or to stretch her out right here on this bench and worship her body completely.

“Tell me what you want. This is torment for me, wanting you but not knowing what I’m allowed to do.” With most couplings Sebastian found going with the moment and acting exactly how he wanted received a very positive response, but with Jenna it could all fall apart so easily.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 07:45:50 AM »
At first his words offended her.  Certainly when he mused on looking inside of her head for clues, and even when he requested she tell him what he could and couldn't do with her, like she was some kind of control freak.  Then a question occurred to her, as she'd pulled back to frown at him.  Was she looking for a fight, with him?  Did she like denying him because it was easier to be angry at him, than at herself?  After all, what had he said to her except that he wasn't peeking into her mind (like he obviously did to make things easier on himself), and that he was holding himself back because he was respecting her original denial of him?

She was stunned, to see things in a new light.  Oh, he'd certainly made the wrong move on her when they'd first met (technically their second meet, but the introduction from Kerr had merely been a passing), but after that... had everything he said to her been tainted by that one, impulsive move? Was she looking for reasons to hold herself back from him because her body yearned for his so much?

"Thank you for not peeking," she said seriously, still frowning, but it went away after her words and her gaze fell on his lips momentarily as she pondered kissing him again before her eyes lifted to meet his own once more.  "You're allowed to do anything you like," she said, pausing dangerously before finishing her thought, "and if it makes me uncomfortable, I won't get angry, I'll just ask you to stop," she promised, blushing at the thought of him suddenly making advances on her because she'd given him a universal pass.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 05:44:14 AM »
When she first frowned at him Sebastian thought that perhaps he had offended her again and that he was about to receive another reprimand, but no, what came was countless times better than that. Of course, despite her promise she may still get angry at him... Some people found it very difficult to control their tempers.

"Thank you," he murmured, before responding to her glances at his mouth by leaning down to kiss her lips softly. It was only brief though, as he had more to add. "I would never want to make you, or anyone uncomfortable- if you knew be better you would know that. And I apologise that some of my actions have made you feel that way. It was never my intention. My brain sees to shut off a little when you're around. It's a part of your effect on me," he said with a smile, lifting his hand from her thigh to gently stroke a peice of Jenna's hair back and tuck it behind her ear. With her granting him free range it was difficult to resist kissing her again, harder and deeper, but he wanted to see her reaction to his apology first. He couldnt stop his eyes from mirroring what hers had done though as they flickered down to her lips, imagining kissing her again.

((Written on iPhone, apologies for any typos I've missed!))