Author Topic: Preliminary Meeting  (Read 23376 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Re: Preliminary Meeting
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »
Benny took the money and thanked Emil with a nod. It would all go to a good place. He found goodbyes even more awkward than hellos. He simply nodded at Emil - being careful not to extend a hand. However, he made eye contact with Bill and admitted in his face that he was sad to say goodbye to the nice mortal.

"See ya round kiddo," Benny mused. He faded into the shadows and began going home to start working on Bill's case.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »
Lifting his hand, the young man waved the Nosferatu off. Bill turned to the other vampire as Benny faded away, his eyes wide and hopeful . This was probably the most hope he had had in a very, very long time, and Emil was completely to thank for that. The look on his face probably said as much, too.

"You have no idea how much this means to me," he murmured, reaching over to take Emil's hand and squeeze it. "He says he has plenty of information to find Thomas, it's only a matter of time!"

Slowly, he walked with Emil, heading towards the car they had come in. Emil had a very nice car, he thought, something that he had expected, given what little he knew about Emil's expensive tastes.

"And um…are you hungry?" Yes,he had decided at last. He did, in fact, want to repay Emil in the only way he knew how--through feedings. Another part of him, though, remembered David and how amazing that particular one had been. He wondered if he would see the vampire again, or if they would continue to trade texts or whatever it was that they were doing now.

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 02:28:05 PM »
A grin splayed upon Emil’s face as he listened to the young man babble onwards- but he said nothing in response. It delighted him to see that he was fulfilling someone else in a way, but he’d have been just as content if Bill hadn’t been as appreciative and thankful. It was the act that mattered, not the reaction.

As soon as they reached his car he hit the unlock button; the car honked and it’s lights blinked to indicate everything was ready to go. This car in particular even had a ‘start engine’ button on the keychain but Emil rarely used it. It was a perk that was more about showing off than convenience and right now his attention was focused on something else. Before Bill could rush to the other side of the car and into the passenger’s seat, Emil grabbed him by the arm and gently guided him so they were gazing face to face. He needed to make eye contact to be sure that Bill understood his intentions and to be sure that he understood Bill’s intentions, if that was even a possibility right now considering  how vaguely they knew one another.

“I wonder, Bill,” He started off softly but an insistence in his voice. He wouldn’t let the issue drop until the mortal gave him a straight answer. Already his fatherly-like attitude was kicking in with Bill; the need to parent and instruct was stronger than ever.

“Did you have time to think of what I asked you last time, pookie? I need to know what you decided after thinking about it. If you didn’t think about it- please! The honesty is surely welcome and we can have this conversation at a later time. But I need to know your motivations for your offer, does that make sense, sweetie? It would be morally wrong for me to accept your offer it’s out of obligation rather than desire.”

He eyed the boy, waiting for a response. He was slowly becoming more aggressive about this; the more the human evaded the issue the more it troubled him deeply.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 01:55:24 AM »
The previous time, Bill hadn’t had an answer for Emil. Over the course of the past week or two, however, he had genuinely thought about it, and he had come to a conclusion. It was both. He desired to repay Emil, and this was the best way to do so, in his mind. Therefore, he must desire to be fed from. He hadn’t exactly opposed it at all when David had fed from him, though the circumstances were vastly different. He wasn’t sure he even wanted to be in any kind of sexual relationship with Emil, anyway. The other vampire seemed far too fatherly for that.

“I do want it,” he replied, honestly, no doubt in his mind about that. His reasons for wanting it were dubious, perhaps, but the fact that he wanted it did not change in the slightest. He even managed to stop his voice from wavering when he answered Emil, too.

His hand instinctively curled into the front of Emil’s shirt, the natural place for it, it seemed. He was a bit clingy, but Emil hadn’t minded so far. Was it wrong to want Emil to hold him in that possessive embrace again? He didn’t care whether or not Emil fed from him—he had grown used to it now, and had even grown a bit fond of it, though he wouldn’t normally seek it out. If it got him what he wanted, though, why not agree to it—or in this case, even suggest it?

“I really appreciate you giving me time to really think about it…but I actually do want it, believe it or not.”

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 05:39:26 AM »
He decided to take Bill’s words for it. The boy sounded confident enough in his opinion and it had seemed like he’d thought about it, so the vampire didn’t probe the boy’s mind. Even in circumstances where he really should have Emil rarely used his powers on humans. He felt to a degree it was taking advantage of them and he never wanted to make the power imbalance greater than it was by using his powers to his own benefit. Bill had a right to lie to him and if Emil ever found out that Bill had smudged his true feelings about the matter, then, Emil would have a right to be upset with him. It was only the way things went.

“Oh, I believe you, pookie. I’ve been bitten before at least once, I’m sure you know.” He gave the boy a wink.

“Do you preference it here or elsewhere? I do need to talk to you about something before you go, as well,” His voice trailed off. Emil didn’t want to worry Bill but there were troubling rumors that had been cropping up and he wanted to be sure that the innocent-seeming human was safe considering the new shift of the city’s powers and such.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
Bill didn't move away, instead smiling sincerely at the vampire. He was glad that Emil hadn't pressed further, not sure that his simple 'I want it' would hold up to scrutiny.

It was nice that Emil felt he could joke about his own turning, though Bill had to admit a small tremor of fear went through his body at how easily he could become a vampire. It didn't take much, did it? In fact, he wasn't sure he knew the entire process, but Andi had assured him that merely being bitten wasn't enough. That was good, at least. He wouldn't be able to stand drinking blood, he was sure…he didn't even eat meat now!

"I don't know where else we could go…" Bill replied, biting his lip a little. It didn't seem like a good idea to do it in the sand, though as he recalled, their last feeding had been at a beach, too…so to speak. Strange coincidence.

"But somewhere else would be fine," he finished, letting his hand fall from Emil's shirt at last as he reluctantly stepped back. "What…um…what do you need to talk to me about?"

He honestly did not know anything about any sort of vampire politics, and that was the way he preferred it. The less he was part of their world, the less they were part of his. He just wanted his brother back, after all. That's what he kept telling himself, at least.

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 11:16:13 AM »
“Do you want to see where I live, then? I’m confident it would be less messy and much more comfortable than here!”

Emil grinned, exposing his fangs. It was about time that he brought Bill home, and perhaps if Lamar happened to be hanging around he could do introductions. He surely talked about his roommate enough that Bill knew of Lamar by now and it would be good to get them meeting out of the way. Lamar didn’t take to just everyone and he hoped that if he were to introduce Bill things would work out smoothly, as opposed to some rather volatile interactions he’d had that directly involved the Earth Nymph.

“And as long as you’re not in a hurry to rush off, I’m sure I can save the discussion for afterward.”

He didn’t want worries lingering in the back of Bill’s mind while he was being fed from. If they saved it until after they could talk it out and he could take the boy home when he was certain he understood.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »
Bill considered the proposition quickly. He doubted his father would care if he didn't come him until dawn (or shortly before), and the next day was one of the few days off that he had. In short, he had no reason whatsoever to rush off after Emil fed from him, though he wasn't sure why he would want to, anyway. It seemed rude, especially after Emil had added liking the ones that stuck around.

"No curfew tonight," he explained, not bothered in the least by the sight of the fangs. In anything, they made a chill of excitement run down his back. "Sounds like a plan to me, I mean."

He wondered how different Emil's place was from David's…aside from the other vampire, he had never been into a vampire's home before. Would it be as bereft of food as David's had been, or did he keep it stocked for guests?

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 08:32:22 AM »
"Fantastic, darling! Hop in and we'll be there in no time."

Emil gestured to the car and proceeded to get into the driver's side of the car. Once Bill had climbed into the passenger's side and buckled up, Emil started the car's engine and took off towards home.

Continued here.