Author Topic: Whetting The Appetite  (Read 14588 times)

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
Re: Whetting The Appetite
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »
Bill wondered how old George was. What if he was an ancient, and could do pretty much anything he wanted with his powers? Why would he want Thomas, though, if he were so old? Didn't it seem a little…strange…for an older vampire to want a human? Then again, it wasn't like they aged…

He wondered how old David was. He wasn't stupid enough--or rude enough--to ask, though. He felt like David was fairly young, but that didn't mean much. He could be a few hundred years old and still be adept at catching up on technology. Wouldn't it get boring after a few decades, though? Never aging, unable to bear the sunlight…it wasn't something Bill wished upon himself at all…and especially not on his poor brother.

"What else can you do?" he asked curiously, wanting to gain as much information as David was willing to share.

Unlike some people, he wasn't looking for weaknesses. The way he saw it, if he found one it could be useful to have in an emergency, but he had no intention of trying to destroy any vampires to get his brother back. Well, maybe George. Maybe. He mainly just wanted his brother to come home with him again.

"I mean…I don't really know that much, honestly. I just found out last week about the eating thing," he explained so it didn't look like he was pumping David for information.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »
"The eating thing?" David repeated curiously, quirking an eyebrow at Bill as they arrived back at his bike.  He held the helmet out towards his mortal companion as he guessed what that little snippet might mean.  "You mean that vampires drink blood?" he enquired, knowing that they were separated in the car park enough to have no audience.  "You only found that out last week?  You mean... you've never been bitten before?" he answered himself, giving Bill no chance for input as the words snowballed out of his mouth with ever-increasing surprise.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 08:28:37 PM »
Well, David had taken that completely wrong, Bill thought as he took the helmet from him, flattening his hair down once more so that he could put it on.

"No," he quickly corrected, shaking his head. "I've been bitten before plenty. I mean…about you not being able to eat anything besides blood. I didn't realize that until last week."

He didn't want to put the helmet on and stop his portion of the conversation, but they were approaching the bike, and he really had no choice in the matter--there was no way he was getting on the bike without it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »
The comment gave the vampire pause, though likely not for obvious reasons.  "Right," he said dismissively, then looked closely at Bill, "so you were fooling around with another vampire a week ago?  He bite you?" he enquired, figuring that if Bill had been drained well a week ago, they weren't going to get a lot of fun out of things tonight.  He'd need a couple of weeks to recover properly.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 10:21:36 PM »
Had he said the wrong thing? He had, hadn’t he? He should have just said that he had been bitten before and left it at that, without getting into details as to when or where. Not that he had given a where, exactly, but it was pretty easy to deduce that it had been at Risk, given how he had mentioned it before.

“We weren’t fooling around,” he corrected immediately. “But yeah, he did feed from me a little.”

He spoke dismissively, as if it wasn’t a big deal, but inside was a different story. He honestly expected David to simply offer to drop him off at home now, as if having another’s hands (or fangs) on him made him undesirable. He didn’t want, though…he wanted to go back to David’s apartment.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »
David's lips pursed as he considered the mortal.  His frame was slight to begin with, he only ate sparingly (from what the vampire had witnessed) at the best of times and he'd allowed another vampire to drink from him the week before.  Exactly when became an issue, as did how much blood had left his body, because there was no way David was going to get carried away during a bit of inconsequential fun and end up with either a corpse or a fledgling.  By the same token, he wasn't the type to be too cautious, in the heat of things, so he had to know now what he was getting into.

He stepped in close to Bill, cupping his right hand around the mortal's lovely, slender throat, his thumb brushing along his jaw.  They were almost touching, front to front and he found the mortal's warmth and his accelerating heartbeat at his surprising manoeuvre intoxicating.  He leaned his face close and spoke to Bill in much the same way as he stood; with his lips hinting at kissing the other, without making much contact at all.  It was a deliberate tease, to let Bill know what he was thinking and how intimately he expected their night to end.

"How much is a little, Bill?" he enticed softly, his nostrils flaring as he drew in the scent of the mortal, no longer able to detect the smell of another vampire on him.  "Because... I was rather hoping to take some of you for myself... but if too much was taken... well, I'd get too close to breaking that promise I made you, wouldn't I?" he shrugged his left shoulder, which Bill might sense, because he wasn't able to look past David's nose to see it for himself.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:28 AM »
Bill sucked in a breath as David stepped closer, his body suddenly thrumming with heat and arousal. He wanted David, right then and there in the parking lot, screw everything else. The vampire was speaking, he knew, though it took him a few extra seconds to understand what the vampire was wanting from him.

“Just a little,” he answered, wanting to crash his lips against David’s right then and there. “I wasn’t even dizzy afterwards. I’m fine, really.”

Emil had barely taken any that night, ending the night by giving Bill a hundred dollars to get a taxi home. He actually had been a bit dizzy afterwards, but he had a feeling that was rather because of the feelings he got from being fed from rather than a lack of blood. Even if David fed healthily from him tonight, Bill was sure that he was safe. Convincing the vampire of that, however…

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »
David stared at the mortal without saying anything, waiting for at least four breaths to pass in and out of his body before he ever-so-slowly tilted his head to the right and leaned closer, his nose brushing alongside the mortal's to allow him access to his mouth.  He didn't kiss him, though, his tongue crept out and ran with exaggerated care along the boy's bottom lip, slowly one way and then back the other, his eye contact as heated as the mortal's flesh felt to his tongue.

If Bill didn't respond by trying to deepen the kiss, he would repeat the tentative licking procedure again and then pull his head back until he was sure Bill could see him properly (and if Bill's tongue tried to sneak out and meet his or he attempted a proper kiss, his withdrawal would only come sooner).  "Alright then," he said, the left corner of his mouth lifting in a knowing smile as his little lick-tease began to affect them both.  He dropped his hand off Bill's oh-so-warm throat then, and took a step back, looking pointedly at the helmet in his hand.

"Put the helmet on.  I'll drive us back to my place. Slowly.  Because you want to take your time.  Riding the bike," he smirked, rather hoping Bill might have changed his mind about meandering through the night.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »
The tension was thick in the air or a long, long moment before David caressed his lips gently. Almost immediately, Bill tried to deepen the kiss, hand finding David's shirt to pull him closer, only to be denied as he withdrew. He left out a low whimper want and disappointment, letting go of David's shirt only after he had dropped his hand.

"I'd rather ride you," Bill blurted out before he could really think his words through. If he had, he surely wouldn't have been so blunt, but it seemed that much of the blood that kept his brain functioning had pooled to…other parts.

"I mean…um..." he flubbed, realizing after a few seconds what he said. The blood returned to his face in the form of a flush as he jammed the helmet down over his head. He really didn't have any excuses, considering that he hadn't exactly lied just then.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »
David laughed indulgently as Bill spoke honestly and then slapped his ass gently as he pulled the helmet on.  "That's the spirit!" he announced jovially and swung his leg over his bike, turning it on and getting it ready for his passenger to climb on behind him.  "Let's go!" he yelled over the purr of the engine, jerking his head in a 'get on' gesture in case Bill couldn't hear him inside the helmet.  Now they both knew what page they were on, there didn't seem any reason to delay, but he had a few ideas up his sleeve yet.

(Continued in 'First Course')