Author Topic: Greece  (Read 13448 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Greece
« on: September 01, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
Owen sat back in his chair, looking out over the night-shrouded water and absently twisting the wine glass on the table before him via the circular base of the glass and the tips of his two forefingers.  His other arm was resting on the hip-height whitewashed stone wall beside him that defined the limits of the viewing deck of the eatery he and Vincent were at.  He was smiling mildly to himself as he did, able to make out the water nearby thanks to the lights of the businesses and houses dotting the hillside and the full moon rising over the ocean.  His belly was also full, for he'd feasted well on their last night in Santorini, eager to taste everything one last time before they flew out at nightfall the next night.

Home.  He wasn't looking forward to it, for it was now almost August and he had no idea what he was going to do once he got back to the States.  It had been easy enough to put such serious thoughts aside these past five weeks as they'd spent some time (at Owen's request) in Italy, Spain and then Greece.  The weather had been balmy, perfect for worshipping the sun by pools and lakes and oceans by day and walking quaint, twisting streets at night holding Vincent's hand and kissing him passionately in shadowy alcoves, smelling foreign spices and hearing exotic accents on lazy breezes.

He'd rethought his mother's inclusion in the holiday after the Turkey veto had come about but she hadn't stayed for the whole holiday this time.  She'd toured Italy, Spain and the main parts of Greece with them, but they'd had the last two weeks for just them and Owen was surprised by how much he relished that.  Doing tourist things by day with his mother was wonderful - they'd drunk an awful lot of wine this time, sampling from the areas known famously for it and Owen had developed quite an appreciation for the red versions - but it didn't compare to the way being with Vincent made him feel.  It amazed him how his love seemed to keep getting deeper and evolving, how he learned new things about him nightly, how his lust for the man only grew so that he could barely keep his hands off him and a night without a climax in his arms was unheard of.

Looking at him now, across their small table, that feeling swelled in him and he was already planning what they might do when they got back to their hillside villa.  Or on the way.  He'd found his voyeuristic, daring side on this trip, too and had quite embraced the idea of exhibitionism.  Mostly it was because of where the villa they'd been in for the last two weeks was.  He'd discovered early on that the roof was designed for sunbaking and there was only one roof slightly higher than theirs, two houses away, so he'd taken to luxuriating in the sun's rays naked.  Initially, it'd been because he wanted a smooth tan to impress Vincent with (and perhaps age his youthful skin into looking that bit older) but he soon realised he just enjoyed laying there naked and slick with oil.

After two days, he'd also realised someone was watching him play with himself, laguorously warming his body up as the sun sank and he planned to wake Vincent smelling of the sun, crisp oil and radiating heat.  They were on that roof a short distance away, the top of their dark head just visible; he thought it was a woman.  The next day there'd been two heads and they were both definitely women, side by side and watching him until he had himself nice and firm.  When he walked away, he heard them sigh to each other and laughed, enjoying this little afternoon game.  It had continued every day afterwards and they were as uncaring now about him knowing they were watching as he was about them admiring him.  It was one of the things he'd learned to love about Greece; the whole country felt free and approving - welcoming, even - to him and he could imagine himself living here, this way, with sun-soaked days and passion-filled nights indefinitely.

"I think it's going to rain tonight," he remarked offhandedly, for the smell of ozone was in the air and clouds were scudding across in front of the fat moon more and more often.  It only occurred to him after he said it that his guesswork was irrelevant and he laughed, expecting Vincent to correct him if he was wrong.  "Am I right?" he grinned, lifting his wine glass and finishing the remaining decent mouthful, leaving the strong sediment behind.  It was his third glass and he had a pleasant buzz from it and the delicious food; he was absently rubbing Vincent's ankle beneath the table, his feet free from his sandals.  He was wearing white shorts that reached his knees and a black and silver tourist's T-shirt he'd picked up at the Parthenon.  The little eatery they were on the front deck of was casual and he didn't look out of place, even at ten o'clock at night.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Greece
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »
Their holiday together had been wonderful, but somewhat tainted with the air of expectancy on Vincent's side.  He'd been unable to contain himself fully, for all of his hopes and dreams had bundled together and created a thrumming nerve of anticipation in him.  Both Karen and Owen had dismissed it as the usual joy one experienced while on holiday with loved ones, but it wasn't just that.  Vincent was planning to propose a date to Owen about being sired.

He hid his excitement well, covering it up with meaningful looks, passionate and romantic moments, and laughter.  It was only made the more intense with the knowledge that he would be proposing to Owen soon.  It went beyond marriage, for it was truly eternity.  They'd talked about it, but never more than the vaguest hypothetical notion.  Even though Owen had started slipping the word 'when' rather than 'if', there seemed to be no urgency behind it.  Vincent attributed it to a lack of commitment he'd shown.  After all, even couples speaking about marriage eventually wanted to have the proposal confirmed and then a date to plan for.  Why should Owen miss out on that?

The night had started wonderfully, and he could sense Owen was content and happy.  There was also the end of their holiday facing them, and Vincent had been planning for his move to be made.  First a casual dinner, then a suggestion for a walk down to the beach, where they would come across and pass a lone guitarist, playing a slow Greek melody, Paradise Mou.  Vincent had paid him to be there, and likely the young man had arrived and was already strumming away.  In passing him, they would reach a lovely section of beach, sheltered from any wind, strung with multiple fairy lights from the top of the cliffs towards the beach where they would be standing.  By this time Owen would know something was up, even though the view would be pretty.

And now Owen spoke of the thing that Vincent hadn't planned on, but didn't think it would matter if it rained on them.  They had a room to go to, a shower to warm themselves up with, a bed to share their love for one another in.  A little bit of rain couldn't touch that.

"I think you are," he said, thinking of his wonderful setup where the little box in his pocket could be pulled out and he could offer Owen what was inside.  "How about we go for a walk now, before it takes a hold?" he suggested, pulling out his wallet in order to leave cash on the table.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »
Owen laughed, standing and stretching in an effort to shift the fullness inside him around a little.  "Sure," he agreed happily, "though I think it'll be more of a waddle than a walk, for me," he joked, leaning down to collect his sandals.  He was then drawn to Vincent's side as he also stood, pressing his body close and entwining his free hand with his lover's, allowing him to take the lead.  His sandals dangled from the fingers of his other hand and he patted his firm stomach with them.  "Ahhh, I'm sure going to miss the food in this place.  I think I could live here, you know," he chatteredly idly as they found their way to the end of the low stone wall and down the few steps to the beach.

A blast of rain-tinged sea air hit him, blowing his sun-lightened blonde hair about his face and he closed his eyes into it, taking a deep breath and allowing Vincent to guide them across the sand.  It still seemed to retain some of the heat of the day beneath his grabbing toes and he enjoyed the squeak of it as they strolled.  "It smells so fresh here, too," he sighed, opening his eyes and looking around wistfully.  Tomorrow night would be all about packed bags and cabs to the nearby airport, tonight he wanted to enjoy the natural sights and sounds as much as he could.  He felt like a sponge, soaking it up for later perusal.  "Not like back home.  You go to the beach there and you're smelling old trawler nets and chemical-laden water, it seems like.  Santorini is so much cleaner and fresher - oh!"

He fell quiet as they paused beside a guy playing a guitar.  The song sounded sad, to Owen, and it encouraged a sense of melancholy as he looked out at the water and the darkening sky.  He sighed quietly, leaning his head down on Vincent's shoulder and was pleased when they moved on.  It felt like even the island was mourning his imminent departure with him and his thoughts were circling around that theme as they reached a more brightly-lit area.  They stopped again and this time he wasn't looking out at the ocean but rather trying to figure out why these light strings were falling from the cliff, secured in the sand.  He let Vincent go as he spun a little to look up at where they went, his gaze following a different set downward and he completed his turn with a frown, his mouth a circle about to say, "Wonder what these lights are for?" but he never voiced the words, because he suddenly caught sight of Vincent again.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »
"They're for you," he breathed, his gaze adoring and soaking in the young man in front of him.  He couldn't get enough of him, it felt like.  The more time they spent together, the more he was allowed to stare at Owen's lovely form and gorgeous face, the more they talked and laughed and lived, he felt himself craving every second they weren't apart.  He had felt this only once before, and recognised it for what it was.  Deep love, true love.  How lucky was he that not only had he found it twice, but both times he was presented with the opportunity of spending eternity with them?  Regardless of all that he'd done, trying to manufacture a companion, he'd known deep in his heart that this kind of love was unobtainable.  The most he could manage and dare to hope for had been a mutual respect and appreciation, an intelligent and platonic companionship.  Owen had surpassed all things.  To think about love was to think about Owen.

"I would do anything for you.  Anything and everything," he began, and felt a few droplets of rain begin to fall on the both of them, landing on his face and bare arms.  He didn't hurry his speech, however, wanting this moment to turn out just right.  "I don't want to look at anything that your eyes don't see, I don't want to listen to anything that you can't hear, I don't want any sense of mine to surpass yours, to not be able to share with you everything that I can do, because it becomes meaningless.  I want you to give my existence meaning."  The rain was beginning to fall now, instead of spattering, but he ignored it in order to reach into his pocket and pull out the small box he'd picked up on the way back from visiting one of his blood donors - the only time away from Owen that he had and he no longer wanted it anymore, though Owen was no longer interested in coming along (though he was now a far cry from the insecure and jealous beast he'd been as a teenager).  He turned the box around and flipped it open, so Owen would see the ring within - with MMXI printed on it in Roman numerals; 2011.  "I want you to give me eternity."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:12:26 PM »
He'd given a breathy laugh of disbelief and confusion as Vincent had answered his silent question by telling him the lights were for him.  "Me?" he said faintly and then he stopped talking as Vincent continued, the solemnity of the moment somehow heightened by the smattering of rain beginning to fall in slow, fat drops upon them.

I'd do anything for you, too, he answered silently, bewilderment giving way to gradual understanding as the lovely and meaningful words continued.  His heart started pounding and he was astounded to realise what was happening, though it didn't seem real.  The fairy lights, the rain, the way Vincent was looking at him... it blurred as tears gathered and he was suddenly having difficulty breathing evenly so he held it.  His gaze dropped to the ring after eternity was requested of him and all he could do was stare at it, trying to work out the number.  His brain was sluggish but he eventually got it and looked up at Vincent with wide eyes. 2011.

"Yes, of course," he laughed and wiped at his eyes as two fat tears spilled over the edge of his eyelids, but then he bit his lip.  "This year?" he breathed, excitement battling with joy being intimidated by fear and trepidation warring with rebellion inside him.  Vincent meant to sire him this year!  Tonight? Oh, God!  He felt ill at the thought of it, holding his breath again while he waited for his answer.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:26:58 PM »
The pause was excrutiating, and as patient as Vincent had ever been, he could feel his calm slipping.  He was feeling light and giddy and bubbly and nauseous and worried and nervous.  As he waited for his answer to eternity, he felt as though he was wading through one.  Eventually Owen looked back up at him and gave him the answer he wanted to hear, with an 'of course' at the end, as thought Vincent had been foolish to think any other answer was possible.

His spirits soared, and as Owen asked his question, Vincent plucked the ring out of the box and tossed the case aside where it landed not too far away in the sand.  He needed to get the ring onto Owen's finger as soon as it was possible, to make it official.  Reaching for Owen's left hand, he pushed the ring onto the fourth finger where wedding bands traditionally went, feeling so bouyant as he did so that he could soar up into the sky.  The rain was coming down quite hard now, but he didn't care - he had his sun.

"I was thinking the night after your twenty second birthday," he said, still looking at the ring, but then lifted his gaze to adore Owen some more before flinging his arms around him and hugging him close.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »
His stomach lurched, though relief washed through him too, allowing him to breathe again as the ring was slid onto his finger and he was held.  He hugged Vincent back for all he was worth, feeling desperate love dominating his nerves.  Three months.  His birthday was over three months away and, ironically, he would turn twenty-two on the twenty-second day of November.  This was his age birthday year and it would be memorised by him dying and farewelling the sun.  For an eternity spent with Vincent, seeing, hearing and tasting what he experienced.

It was worth it, he told himself, though the tears were falling along with the rain now and part of him was already mourning.  "Why the night after my birthday?" he queried huskily, sniffling a little as he pulled back and gave Vincent a watery smile.  His hands sought his love's and before he could answer him, he stole a kiss that made him feel better.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »
Vincent held his hands and tilted his head slightly, amused that this was the question Owen thought to ask first.

"I thought you might want to spend that night with friends," he replied.  "I didn't want to take that option from you."

He would, after all, have forever afterward.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 09:14:13 PM »
"Oh, there's no need," he assured Vincent airily, looking down at the foreign weight on his finger.  It looked so alien there through the rain that he laughed at it, giddy with happiness, numb with shock and conflicted about what it signified.  He looked back up at Vincent and found the rain was pressing his hair into his eyes.  He swiped it away and looked around him for a moment, taking in the scenery, this moment, remembering the night he'd committed to eternity with Vincent.  His gaze traced the fairy lights, up to the clouds, the glow of the hidden moon, out to the ocean and back to the sandy shore to Vincent's feet, up his legs and to his handsome face, his haunting eyes.

He didn't wonder what the night looked like to his lover and he felt guilty for that, for relishing his mortality while it was still his.  "I love you," he whispered, reaching up to touch the vampire's face and it sounded like an apology.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 09:25:44 PM »
Vincent didn't hear an apology in those words.  He heard a pledge.

"I love you, too."

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 09:31:37 PM »
Again the ring caught his eye as he lowered his hand and he supported it in his right, twisting his hand and watching it glint in the fairy lights.  "Should I be wearing this now, though?" he queried, looking up at Vincent.  "It's more of a wedding ring than an engagement ring.  Something to wear after it's happened?" he suggested.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 09:40:27 PM »
He didn't understand what Owen was saying.  He understood the words, certainly, but not the sentiment.  As much as his hopes had been soaring, they seemed to find a way to level off, and he was staring at his love in confusion.  Was he saying he didn't want to wear it?

"It's not an engagement ring," he pointed out, wondering what was happening.  He was sure Owen would explain it and they would laugh about it together, later, that Vincent had missed something so screamingly obvious.  Right now it was eluding him.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
"That's what I mean," Owen reiterated.  "If it's meant to signify our joining on that night, then shouldn't that be when I put it on?  Shouldn't I get one made for you and we... exchange them?  In a ceremony of sorts?" he asked, feeling awkward because of the way Vincent was looking at him.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 09:50:28 PM »
This wasn't how he'd imagined their night, but then, he'd only the vaguest notion of how things would've gone after Owen accepted the ring.  How could all of his details go so perfectly, and his vague idea change so abruptly?  He'd not foreseen the possibility that after Owen accepted the ring, that he would want to give it back.  Thinking of such a thing would be... well, just horrible.  But it was happening, and he didn't understand why.  There was a disconnect, somewhere, and he felt like he'd missed a portion of their conversation - as though he'd accidently skipped forward a minute or ten.

"But you said yes," he reminded Owen, feeling strangely like he was the young one quailing at the elder.  "You can give me a ring when I sire you, if you like.  Or before, if you like."

They could go and get one now, if he liked, but Vincent didn't want him to take it off.  He'd only just put it on.

The rain no longer felt like it was a positive part of the experience.  Now he felt like he was drowning.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »
"Okay," Owen said simply and summoned a smile, lowering his left hand.  His thumb fretted at the ring when it was by his side, for it felt heavy and strange on his hand.  A promise shackle, that bound him to the deal within the year's limits.  Within three months.  He blinked around at the lights.  "Do we have to do anything to take these down or anything?" he enquired, changing the subject as he moved so he could hold Vincent's left hand with his right.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »
It was such an innocuous question that it shouldn't have tugged at his chest the way it did.  All of the conversation before it (but after the pronouncement of love) should've done that.  This was not the case.  As Vincent turned his head and stared at the fairy lights - which had been the most difficult thing to arrange - the realisation hit him that Owen wasn't as committed as he'd first thought.  The 'of course' hadn't meant what it implied.  He really should've known it as soon as Owen made noises to give the ring back.  Why else does someone look uncomfortable and make excuses to give back the symbol of their love and commitment?  He looked at the lights and realised all of it.  If he hadn't figured it out now, he would've tomorrow, it wasn't such a difficult thing to look back at Owen's actions and identify them for what they were; but it would've been a kindness, to at least let him have this night - even in ignorance.

He could pretend ignorance though, he was sure.  With a hollowness that was like a physical pain (and strangely similar to a mortal's gnawing hunger, not that he remembered such things), he stared at the lights through the rain and replied to his love, curling his fingers around Owen's right hand.  This hand didn't have the ring, it was smooth and free of jewellery of any kind, trivial or meaningful.  Owen had purposefully offered him that hand, and it felt unusual and awkward to do so, as he wasn't usually walking on that side of Owen.  It was enough to drive the point home.

"No, it's all been organised," he said, and looked over at Owen, smiling sadly, and for once glad the mortal wouldn't be able to see the detail in that smile, and know the truth behind it.  "Let's go home and celebrate," he said, because it felt like the kind of thing that he might say, if he was feeling happy and elated, like a man who'd just received a yes to his proposal should feel.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 10:47:52 PM »
"Okay," Owen said again, and bent down to scoop up the discarded box for his ring as they passed it, so he'd have somewhere to put it.  When he needed to take it off.

~*~

The next night was as hectic as Owen had thought it would be, getting to the airport as soon as the sun went down.  He wasn't sure his ring would get through the metal detector without setting off alarms, and he was surprised when he walked through and nothing happened.  He couldn't stop fiddling with it, his body seemed unable to adjust to the meagre weight and feel of it, but it was not conscious.  When they were finally settled in their seats and the seatbelt sign went off, the mortal turned to his lover sadly.

"I'm going to miss Greece," he pouted playfully, then smiled, his hands curled in his lap together.  "Do you think... before my birthday," he said conspiratorially, glancing unnecessarily towards the aisle where no-one was even looking at them, "that we might get to all the places we haven't been yet?  So I can see them in the daylight?" he asked quietly.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 10:52:39 PM »
Vincent wondered momentarily if Owen would want him to come along.

"Of course," he said, and the words felt sour on his lips.  He didn't think he would be able to use them with the same impact again, and believed a quick adjustment to his vocabulary was going to be necessary.  "There are a lot of places you haven't been to yet, that are similar to those places you have," he warned, "but if you're happy to spend the rest of your days travelling, I'm happy to oblige."

Happy.  There was a word that didn't fulfil its true meaning either.  Perhaps he could substitute it with 'don't mind'?

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 10:57:29 PM »
The way Vincent said it caused Owen to frown and look at him carefully.  "The rest of my days?" he repeated questioningly.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 10:58:52 PM »
Vincent held his stare and said nothing.  Hadn't that been the agreement?

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 11:11:06 PM »
He felt uncomfortable beneath that stare and a little frustrated because he was being looked at like he should understand when he'd clearly wanted a definition.  There was a big difference between the end of his mortal days - which was how he'd interpreted Vincent's comment - and his vampiric ones.  The latter alluded to something he certainly wasn't capable of grasping yet.  He raised his left hand to rub absently at his forehead, his peripheral vision disturbed by the ring picking up the cabin overhead lights and flashing prettily at him.  He dropped his hand quickly and sighed instead, elbows resting on the armrests so that his right hand hastily folded over his left, taking over the job of twisting the ring for his thumb.

"I don't... I mean, I wonder... shouldn't I contribute, somehow?" he demanded frustratedly.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 11:17:16 PM »
Vincent watched as Owen continued to frown at him and did his usual display when he was confused, by rubbing his forehead.  Vincent noticed the hand was dropped a little abnormally, but the action told him enough for him to relent from his piercing stare.  His love hadn't intended on being facetious, he'd genuinely been seeking confirmation of Vincent's words.  Feeling foolish and guilty, his gaze dropped to where Owen was toying with the ring before verbally stumbling out a question.

"Yes, you should.  As soon as you have six hundred years of investments up your sleeve, I'll be demanding payment."

It was supposed to have been said with a smile, but he hadn't managed to find one.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
"Vincent," Owen chided softly, smiling ruefully at him as his head bounced back against the headrest and then lolled in his direction so that he was looking up through his eyelashes.  "I'm being serious," he pointed out, abandoning his ring turning in order to snare Vincent's right arm in his hold and snuggle closer to him, shifting his weight onto his left hip.

"I feel like I'm totally not ready to be turned because three months isn't long enough for me to figure out how everything's going to work.  I mean, I did three years of study - for what?  Shouldn't I do something more with that than become even more reliant on you?  All you ever do is spend money on me and then soon you'll be in charge of protecting me and training me and then you tell me you don't care if all I want to do for the rest of our existence is travel?  Am I really that shallow?" he asked, breathing a laugh that he didn't feel through his concern that he was nothing but a sugar-daddy reliant leech whose time until complete dependence was dwindling rapidly.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 11:44:42 PM »
He smiled back because it was easy to answer Owen's smile than to find one somewhere in the depths of himself.  It went away soon enough, as they spoke of serious things.

"I don't know, Owen, what did you do three years of study for?" he asked.  "Was it to develop yourself further? To learn things you previously didn't know?  Because the way you make it sound, it's not important unless you have someone else's stamp on a bit of paper, validating your education."  He addressed the other questions that had been shot his way without the decency of a pause for a response.  Owen could get his answers fired back the same way too, then.  "Is experiencing the world, different countries and different cultures, and all humanity has to offer, shallow?  I must be a very trivial sort."

His voice hadn't raised, though his tone had sounded somewhat brittle.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 11:52:07 PM »
Owen released Vincent's arm and sat back slowly, understanding that his

fiancé?

lover wasn't happy.  At all.  "Right," he snapped, miffed because Vincent had told him he was shallow in one breath and then mocked Owen's opinion of him in the next.  "So I am shallow and somehow my desire to contribute meaningfully to our future is insulting you.  Fanfuckingtastic," he swore quietly, swivelling to face the seat in front of him, hands clenched around his knees as he fought to get his emotions under control and figure out what the fuck was happening here.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 11:54:35 PM »
He realised, as he faced the front as well, that putting on a good face while he was feeling hurt and hollow inside, was going to be a great deal more difficult than he'd initially thought.