Author Topic: Something In The Water  (Read 10218 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Something In The Water
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 07:40:44 PM »
Sebastian curled himself around her as he saw her eyes sliding shut and felt her drifting off to sleep. She was so beautiful, so peaceful looking as she began to head to the land of dreams, but she was starting to talk again.

“I know,” he said, “I read you wrong, made assumptions I shouldn’t have. Forgive me?” he asked with a smile. He couldn’t really believe that if he had waited until after the tour she would have let him take her as he’d wanted to that night – but maybe he would have realised he needed to take more time with her. It didn’t matter now anyway, they had ended up here and now together.

“Shall I wake you before I go?” he asked softly. He didn’t want to disturb her sleep, but he didn’t imagine she would be impressed by him disappearing in the early hours of the morning.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
"Mmhmn, forgiven," she said, and her eyelids fluttered a little like she was trying to open them but failing.  "I don't want you to go," she said, and this time her words were very deeply slurred.  "I want you to take my boots."

And then she was asleep.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
Sebastian raised an eyebrow at her last words before she drifted off to sleep, not sure if that was what she had meant to say or not. If she hadn’t meant it literally, what on earth was she going on about? She had to be referring to their earlier discussions, but it was very odd. Perhaps she meant her ability to walk all over him.

He stayed with her as she dreamt, wishing her could stay with her through the day like she wanted him to, but he didn’t know if it was  safe for him and since she was asleep now he would just be in her way. He would be able to wake up and maybe say a few words – but they would probably be as coherent as her words were at the moment.

About an hour and a half before sunrise Seb pulled himself away from the warmth of Jenna’s bed and got himself dressed. He gazed at her boots thoughtfully for a moment before finding a pen and writing out a brief note together with his address.

If you want your boots back, come after sundown.

He left the note by her bedside table, brushed a kiss against her cheek before scooping up Jenna’s discarded boots and leaving the apartment. He checked the door locked behind him and then used his supernatural speed to get home well within the safe time for him.