Author Topic: 4. Cain's Apartment  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
4. Cain's Apartment
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »
Cain's Apartment

A bronze number four is positioned in the centre of the door, above the peep-hole.

The apartment is mostly tiled in wood jigsaw tiles, a rich deep brown with a hint of cherry.  It shows off the taupe feature wall in the lounge well, and gives the white walls a bit of extra personality.  Photographs of winding roads adorn the walls, through assorted scenery.  The furniture is comfortable and eclectic, lending the place a masculine sentiment with no real theme.  There are a number of leafy plants in pots scattered around the two bedroom apartment, plants such as dieffenbacia camille, chinese evergreen and boston ferns.  Cain would be unable to identify them without the small plastic labels that have been spaded into the soil along with the plant, with instructions printed on them how to keep the plants healthy.  He bought them because he liked their greenery, rather than through any botany experience or knowledge.

The galley style kitchen is tiny and modern, predominantly white with a sunshine yellow tile splash back.  The microwave is the most oft used, as Cain isn't much of a cook.

The lounge is spacious and sports a fireplace instead of a television.  There is a smattering of black tile which provides the foundation for the fireplace, and a netted cage to prevent sparks from escaping and lighting fire to the thick wool pile rug set before it.  The rug, a deep forest green, lush and inviting, has an indentation upon it where someone's created a favourite spot.  There is a modern, low backed sofa in light grey fabric that is mostly overlooked in favour of the rug.  The sofa is so long it can comfortably sit four.

There is a short corridor where four doors lead off it.  Doors on the right and left lead to two large bedrooms.  Both of them have been decorated in a stark, modern yet colourful way - straight out of the Ikea catalogue.  The next door leads to a toilet and basin.  The last leads to an expansive bathroom with a long claw foot tub taking up one wall, a modern glassed shower in one corner, a counter and sink in the other, with a mirror behind it that extends to the ceiling.  The bathroom has black floor tiles and white wall tiles, where every so often a tile holds a Celtic pattern in bronze.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours