Author Topic: Chain Reaction  (Read 14766 times)

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Chain Reaction
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 12:28:30 PM »
“Well, then! I’m glad that you’ve made a new friend, goobers! And I’m certainly glad you haven’t forgotten about the old ones either.”

He gave Bill a wink at that statement. No longer was he worried about the status of their friendship; it seemed strong and intact, as strong as it ever had been. But still, he didn’t feel like Bill was saying all he wanted to say. It felt as if there was something on the top of his friend’s mind that was just waiting to get out. Why hadn’t Bill spilled his beans yet? He must have needed some prodding.

“But come, now, pumpkin. I know there’s something fantastical you want to tell me. Say you, we needn’t beat around the bush! I’d like to know what you have to celebrate!”

He didn’t feel like he was prying, considering how excited Bill was and the fact that Bill had come to him. If Bill didn’t answer, he’d back down, but he was convinced that the human had something gossip worthy to confess.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 01:31:26 PM »
"There's nothing to celebrate, really," Bill protested, wriggling down in his chair a little bit, his smile widening. "It's kinda a casual thing, I think…he gave me his key, though."

Which, see, was sort of a problem. Well it wasn't a problem per say, as much as he just wasn't sure what to do with it. Why had David even given it to him? Did he expect it back?

"He's pretty amazing, though. There's um…something else I wanted to talk to you about, though." Bill picked up the tea, taking a cautious sip before deciding that it was safe enough to drink.

"He's…a vampire." Well, that was the main thing, actually. He wanted Emil to know that now that David was around…he would have to be alternating between feeding them. He wanted to feed them both, but at the same time, he didn't want either to be too concerned from him or get jealous or…something.

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »
Ooooh! He could kind of assume now that they were talking about a romance of sorts. Giving someone a key to their apartment was a major step in moving a relationship forward, but it sounded like Bill didn’t think so. No wonder he was confused. Emil would have immediately thought that being given a key meant that he was romantically involved with someone, unless another reason was specifically given: to check in on a sick person or house watch.  It had a certain meaning…it implied something significant.

He had assumed that this would be the bottom line of the confession, but evidently, it wasn’t even the beginning. The way that Bill closed his statements with he’s a vampire seemed to suggest that Bill thought Emil might have a problem with this David being a vampire. Indeed, he did worry about the safety of Bill in the hands of other creatures, but if Bill was here to admit he’d been having a flirtation with another vampire…surely that meant this David wasn’t all that dangerous.

“I see, then. But let me ask you something Bill.”

He cocked his head to the side and looked to the boy attentively.

“Is there a reason you told me of his nature in that sort of tone? I don’t quite, well, understand. I mean it’s glorious that you’ve made a new friend, possibly something more than that, too! But why do you speak of his nature like that, as if…you were worried about something?”

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 02:11:24 PM »
Bill was a bit worried, to be honest. He worried about Emil being okay with David and vice versa (especially after the conversation he had had with David about Emil). He worried about what a key meant, though he was positive that it was only for booty calls. Maybe he and David should just stick to friends with benefits. After all, no matter how much he liked the vampire, he certainly didn't want to become one, and he was sure that his brother hadn't wanted to become one, either. Now look at where he was. Or wasn't, Bill should say, not having seen him in over a year.

"Um, I don't…" he started, fidgeting his ankle a bit before realizing he was doing so and stopping. "I don't want you to think that I don't like you anymore and I still want you to feed from me sometimes. I don't want that to change because of him."

Well, that really wasn't his only worry, but he was hoping that he was wrong. He couldn't handle drinking blood for all eternity, watching the people around him grow old and die, never tasting delicious food and coffee again. He liked David a lot….but he couldn't handle being a vampire, and that was practically a given if he and David ever actually got serious. Then again, he was probably over thinking things again. He did that, sometimes.

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
Emil flashed a sympathetic look, waving his hand before his face as if casting away invisible demons. He was casting away invisible demons of course- they belonged to Bill. His worries were thick in the air and Emil just wanted to smother him in empathy and affection. He had to make sure the mortal knew that just because he had a new vampire friend didn’t change their friendship. He wasn’t possessive in any sense, and it wasn’t like Bill belonged to him anyway. If Bill had been his pet officially on the record this conversation may have gone differently. But the fact of the matter was that they weren’t attached at all. 

“Oh, darling! I’m glad that you have a new friend. It doesn’t bother me that he’s a vampire at all.”

Whatever Bill did by himself and who he associated with was Bill’s business alone. The blood feeding thing blew over his head entirely, simply because Emil didn’t need to feed from Bill. He fed from Bill for Bill’s benefit only, and if he was getting that pleasure from David now…there were no hurt feelings.

Offline Annalas

• Wordsmith
  • Giver of Leaves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 02:45:18 PM »
He set his cup of tea down, smiling at the vampire. He was still worried, but he was glad that Emil didn't care. He had been worried that perhaps Emil would be like 'oh that David…I'm sorry, pookie, but he's a serial killer. This is just how he works'. Well, he didn't think David was a serial killer or anything, but still, there could have been something Emil could have said to turn Bill off of the other vampire…but thankfully nothing appeared to be the matter with his choice of 'friends'.

"Oh good," he replied, picking up the cup to take another sip. "I was worried that it would cause problems or something. Have you rem…heard from Lamar?"

He just wanted to make sure that the other human was actually avoiding him and something horrible hadn't happened. It was a closure thing, really.