Author Topic: Christening  (Read 16599 times)

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
Re: Christening
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »
"Ow!" he said, more conversationally than with any real pain.  It was more along the lines of discomfort, because the iron grip wasn't actually grinding his ribcage together so much as keeping him locked into place in an awkward position.  It was more his arm that he'd made his complaint over, and he was more in his bearings to talk to David because he wasn't waking up somewhere new and unfamiliar.  Well, he was, but he'd had a little more time to get used to it.  "Hey, it's okay, you're with me.  Cain," he said soothingly, wanting the fingers out of his arm but not fighting them off.  He'd just put up with it for a moment.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
Cain's first word drew David's attention away from the room and back to him, and he became aware of how he was squeezing the mortal.  His ensuant comments relaxed him as they should and his head eased back down onto the pillow as he loosened his grip and started to rub at Cain's arm and back instead.  "Fuck, sorry," he said thickly, then cleared his throat in order to get the sleep out of it.

His brain was clogged with an uneasy day's sleep but he gradually recalled his night before with Cain, their resolve to spend time together, the sex and the shower just before dawn - whereupon the unsettled sleep began.  At home, he didn't worry or really register subconsciously when Bill moved about during the day but he had with Cain, because he wasn't settled in the apartment to begin with.  He felt irritated and surprisingly thirsty already.  After a few more moments of getting his bearings, he spoke again.

"I know who you are," he admonished gruffly, leaning down to kiss whatever part of Cain's face he could get close to in his foggy state.  The more he thought about the fact that Cain had just told him his name, in fact, the more amused he became and a smile curved his lips upward.  "Silly," he added huskily.

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2012, 07:10:59 PM »
Cain gave a little shrug when David told him off.  David had told him he didn't normally sleep in another person's apartment, and they were a very new thing - he and David - and Cain knew that this vampire was not a fledgling.  He didn't know exactly how old David was, but because he'd been around vampires and he remembered David saying he would have to drink from other donors daily, Cain figured he was no older than a couple of hundred.  Either way, it was a long life filled with many memories and no doubt an assortment of people had come and gone out of David's bed.  Why should Cain assume that in panic David would know who he was?  He'd simply been reminding David of where he was, but if the vampire thought it meant more than just a way of relaxing and reminding, then that was okay.  No harm, no foul.

"Do you need to drink first thing when you wake up?" Cain questioned, because it made sense to him that David might if he was young.  "How old are you exactly, anyway?" he asked, taking a courageous leap into what he thought was an impertinent question.  So far David had shared with him, so he hoped it would continue.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »
David laughed and made a game of squinting up his face as he did his best to think about his age so soon in the evening.  He liked that Cain was being more confident with him (especially after he'd been encouraged to be so the night before) and trying to figure out how things would go tonight, but with a sketchy sleep behind him, he wasn't doing so well in the response department.

"Uh... forty-seven... or eight, actually, as of August," he laughed again.  "And I don't normally need to drink straight away but I slept like shit and I do tonight, otherwise you might find I'm a real asshole and be glad to see the back of me much sooner than I'd like.  I might, uh, go and wash my face, clear the cobwebs a bit... before we head back to my place so I can get clean clothes and drink from one of the bags I have in my fridge... then we can figure out where we want to go after that?" he offered stiltedly, attempting to sit up and offer a plan of action as it came to him, in fits and starts.