Author Topic: Unexpected  (Read 9663 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Unexpected
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »
David attempted to resist Cain but his body wasn't yet programmed to do so; the mortal's tongue made one pass along his lips before they parted and his own tongue joined in, returning the kiss eagerly.  He'd try to tell himself later that the reason for his compliance was that he hadn't yet kissed Bill properly, that Cain had been the last one he'd kissed like that so it felt right, that it was an appropriate goodbye... but the truth of the matter would always be otherwise.  Cain kissed him and he was helpless to resist because he wanted to kiss him, to taste him one last time, so he did.

His only saving grace, when looking back upon this moment, this passionate embrace, would be that he pulled away, that he stopped it before it became overwhelming, that he broke the kiss and pulled back to look at Cain almost fearfully.  "I have to go, Bill's waiting," he said, deliberately using the other mortal's name like a totem of protection, like a slap that would knock some sense into both of them.  It was crass and he knew that as soon as he saw the echo of it in Cain's eyes, but it had to be done or he'd end up in Cain's bed and that would be much harder to explain.  He untangled his arms from around Cain (belatedly realising he'd been squeezing his ass pretty enthusiastically during the kiss) and attempted to step back.

"I... bye," he said weakly, his golden eyes burning with everything that he wanted to say and do with Cain but his body finally under the control of logic and honour.

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »
Cain now had a name to hate along with the knowledge that the guy had been told about him and guarded David's love jealously.  It wasn't like it was a depleting resource, and it was obvious that David hadn't wanted to choose between them.  It was this mortal's rotten manipulative core that had taken David away from him; he hadn't even cared about David enough to give his heart over, until he'd found out that David had someone else.  Yes, this was the way Cain saw it in his mind's eye.  That this Bill fellow hadn't wanted David until he'd found out someone else had him.

"I thought it wasn't goodbye," he said, his body and lips still tingling from where he'd touched and kissed the vampire.  He wanted confirmation that David would return.  He still had David's number for texting, and he would do so, but cautiously and patiently.

He would wait.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »
David gave him a wry smile and laughed breathily at the mortal, the humour reluctant but creeping into his eyes regardless.  "Yeah, okay.  It's 'see you next time' I guess.  Until we meet again."  His smile was genuine now, relaxed as his gaze roved Cain's countenance hungrily.  He leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek - which Cain managed to turn into unerringly and catch on his lips anyway - and laughed as he pulled back a final time, shaking his head as he walked out the door.  Cain was incorrigible.  But he really, really liked that about him anyway.