Author Topic: Weight of the World  (Read 11876 times)

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Weight of the World
« on: February 09, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »
(Continued from Opening Night)

After the events that had transpired Sam had taken Bryant to the little clothing shop just down the block from Venture. Sam wasn’t sure how long they had been in the clothing store with Bryant but for a while he seemed to be forgetting the horrible experience Bryant had at Venture. He even asked Sam on her opinion on a few outfits, in reality Sam knew nothing about fashion but she tried to give her honest opinion. Sam didn’t buy anything as she was planning on taking a quick shower and changing into another set of clothes when they got back, the whole blasted situation had made Sam feel very dirty. She needed a hot shower and to get the hell out of this ridiculous dress and high heel shoes.   

Once Bryant picked out something to wear and in turn Sam paid for the items that Bryant had picked out and called a cab to take them to the White Rabbit. She was glad that Bryant suggested they go back to the White Rabbit, Lisa-Joe would be working and she always felt safe when Lisa-Joe was around. It wasn’t long before the yellow cab pulled up, she promptly got into the cab and they left to continue their night elsewhere. She looked at Bryant with a smile happy that he loved his new outfit and he was more than grateful that Sam had paid for it.

“Don’t worry about it Bryant think of it as a gift,” she told him in the taxi cab. As they trolled along together it made Sam feel good that she had a nephew to spoil. After losing her own little sister she never thought she would even get the chance to be an aunty to anyone. Scott had given her something she secretly wanted for a long time and loved Scott with all her heart but she was still upset with his actions.

She hoped that Jake wouldn’t hurt her brother but she knew how big of a temper Jake could have, after all the first two years of the relationship was violent and Sam purposely pushed Jake’s buttons to bring out his anger. She hoped that no one else would have to face Jake’s wrath. Sam honestly felt being Jake’s fledge she should be the only one who should be beaten by Jake’s own hands. She didn’t know why she felt the way she did but Sam didn’t want Jake to harm Scott.

The cab come to a stop in front of the White Rabbit, she paid the cabbie with a reasonable tip before exiting the vehicle. “You lead me in,” she said to Bryant as she grabbed his hand. She wouldn’t leave his side yet until they found a place to sit and settle down before she left his side to shower and change clothes.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Re: Weight of the World
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 03:21:29 PM »
He went with straight cut denim skinny jeans and a pair of converses. The new shirt he picked out was a skintight tee that failed every reach test known to man. He'd picked the outfit with Sam's help, but he honestly didn't care what he wore. The choice was made out of familiarity. He was simply used to gripping clothes. The way his body looked in tight outfits, every curve visible to the glancing eye, brought him pleasure and instilled confidence. It was nice to do something simple like shopping. It was even nicer when Sam paid, well, when Jake paid Bryant thought. Ever since she lost her job at Risk Bryant assumed Jake was covering her tabs. Lucky her. The cab ride was relaxing and uneventful.

Taking Sam's cue, Bryant headed into the Rabbit. It was almost empty on the first floor. Death metal was playing softly over the sound system. Bryant attributed the low attendance to the opening of Ventrue. Anybody who was anybody was there. Lisa-Joe was sitting behind the bar; her hair in a single braid and a band tee shirt with lots of cleavage. She looked bored. Bryant led Sam to the bar and sat in a stool.

"Hey chickens," Lisa-Joe said in a slightly off tone. She sounded as bored as she looked. Bryant liked Lisa-Joe. She craved carnage and chaos for the fun of it. She was also one hell of a bartender for mortals and vampires. If Sam leaned over Lisa-Joe would give her a kiss on the cheek and touch her hair. Lisa-Joe often thought Sam might be good for more than just conversation, but dismissed it as dating the bosses daughter. 

"Hi Lis," Bryant managed. "Two glasses of O negative."

"Why do you look like your seeing eye dog was shot," Lisa-Joe asked. Bryant shot her a look and Lisa-Joe averted her gaze. "I'll get your drinks." With that she sped off, unsure of what cord she struck.       
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:27:50 PM »
Sam walked into the establishment letting Bryant lead the way through the first floor. The lighting on this floor was dark to set the mood of uneasiness, for a first timer this floor was one that people should avoid. The second floor was much more inviting but Sam actually preferred the first floor because of the heavy rock music, nothing mainstream which was always awesome. Lisa-Joe had given Sam a few stipulations for visiting the first floor and she had promised Lisa-Joe she would follow her rules.

Number one, Lisa-Joe had to be working at the bar and Sam must remain insight of Lisa-Joe's hawk eye's at all times. Number two, if a fight broke out Sam had to boogie on up to the second floor for safety reasons. Sam was a little young to be hanging out with the tough veterans that gathered on this floor and she had seen a few nasty fights explode into being from time to time. Plus Sam never caused any trouble, she had a few of the younger veterans who would keep Sam company from one moment to the next but nothing like the status she had at Risk, now Venture.

Tonight the floor was so empty she felt bad for Lisa-Joe who was sitting behind the bar looking bored as fuck. Sam plunked her ass down on the stool, she threw arms around Lisa-Joe with a big smile on her face, she definitely felt like she had bones like a chicken at Venture after the fiasco, soft, hollow and fucking frail. Sam squeezed Lisa-Joe as hard as she could, she felt those soft lips on her cheek. Sam returned the gesture by pecking Lisa-Joe on the cheek, she was so glad to be in her presence right now and she allowed the almost ancient to stroke her hair. Sam didn't do much of anything even when Lisa-Joe made the mistake of dipping her toe in the dangerous waters, if looks could kill Bryant would have succeeded with those eye's at the moment.

Sam lightly placed her hand on Bryant's knee, "You can tell her what happened," she whispered. "She's going to find out at one point or another." Her voice was encouraging but she wouldn't force him to talk about the events and she gave his knee squeeze before putting her hands on the table. She accepted the glass from Lisa-Joe and just downed the whole glass in one gulp, she didn't even taste the blood. She'd been thirsty even before the two decided to leave Venture, probably something Lisa-Joe would notice and probably give her some shit. Both her and Jake kept giving her that beast talk when they caught her not eating properly at times. She'd been that way ever since she was young; didn't eat for days and she was totally fine. She always found this odd but it had been apart of her life since she was very young; as a baby she constantly worried her birth parents but once she grew up the worry subsided. She hoped that in time Lisa-Joe and Jake would both stop worrying at some point and time. 

"Lisa-Joe you look gorgeous tonight as always," she was trying to butter up Lisa-Joe before she got into shit. "By the way darling two more... please." She pulled back her lips into a smile but she wasn't exposing her teeth at all. It was really a half ass smile but Sam couldn't help it, she put her arm around Bryant they'd both had a bad night but Sam wasn't going to give any details unless Bryant was willing, they both came here to have a good time.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »
Bryant didn't want to share anything with anyone. The last thing he wanted to do was tell Lisa-Joe he'd kissed Conner and that he'd subsequently had his ass handed to him by Scott. Sam's words fell on death ears as Lisa-Joe returned with drinks. Lisa-Joe sauntered over with the blood and placed it down before Bryant and Sam. She moved her empty tip jar closer to both of them. Due to the fact the these fledglings were sired by the owner of the club and his bosom buddy, Sam and Bryant always got drinks for free. Still, tipping your bartender was customary even with an open tab. She looked Bryant up and down and found him sulky at best. She'd always liked him and seeing him upset disheartened her some. On the other hand, if he didn't feel like talking she didn't see much use in trying to squeeze out the information.

Bryant expressed thanks and sipped his blood. He didn't down it like Sam. Bryant had been good about avoiding bloodlust. He ate often and a lot. Even the smallest inclination towards hunger was nipped in the bud. Scott had shown him what happened when hunger was left unchecked. "Yummy," he told Lisa-Joe, not noticing her subtle placement of the tip jar. When Sam asked for more blood Bryant informed Lisa-Joe he was still working on his first. Lisa-Joe had moved her attention to Sam. She was a sweet girl in Lisa-Joe's mind. She was caring, always looking out for others, but she also had one hell of a temper. Lisa-Joe liked the changes Sam had brought about in Jake. He was gentler, more understanding and definitely more restrained. She wrote it off as something all parents went through.

There was something very similar about Sam and Jake that Lisa-Joe couldn't quite put her perfectly painted nail on. She considered it as she poured Sam's next glass of O negative. It dawned on her as she placed the blood within Sam's reach. They were both stubborn as hell.

"Why thank you," she said in response to Sam's compliment. "You trying to get into my pants girl, cause it's working."

Bryant let out a laugh and Lisa-Joe winked to add to the suggestive comment. She bit her lip seductively, revealing just a bit of fang before washing over to bus the pool table and wash a few glasses.     
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 05:12:13 PM »
Sam ruffled through the makeshift pocket in the front her dress as Lisa-Joe slid the pathetic looking tip jar towards herself and Bryant; luckily she still had some cash left over from Venture. She dropped whatever she had left into the tip jar, it was about sixty dollars and like every bartender knew it was customary to tip. Sam felt a little cheap at first but she also knew she didn’t have to tip just once and the ATM machine was off in the corner she could get more cash. It made her feel a little better, after all Lisa-Joe was always giving them free drinks when they attended the establishment.

Beside’s Jake didn’t pay her way like everyone thought,  her birth father had instilled in her the only way to make it was to pay your own way. She hated it when Jake has tried to give her money, she knew it was coming from a good place but she couldn’t get over the fact that she hadn’t worked for that money. Not only that, she’d been on her own since she was eighteen it was kind of weird for Sam just to accept what was basically free money in her mind. 

Wrapping her hands around the glass of blood Sam took a much slower sip off her drink, she drained about half of her glass taking the time to taste the blood. It was sweet and it left a tangy after taste in her mouth that she enjoyed. She thanked Lisa-Joe by giving her a toothy smile, she deserved it. That toothy grin became a big gut retching laugh after Lisa-Joe made a very sexual comment towards Sam and this gave her the perfect opportunity. She needed to open up as she seen that Bryant wasn’t talking all that much, she needed something personal, something that would grab both their attention.

“Lisa-Joe I wouldn’t know how to get into your pants. I’ve never had sex.” Oh boy, she had their attention now. Sam swiveled her silver-gray eyes on Bryant, “Come on, I know your dying to comment.” This was girl talk and Bryant was gay so that automatically included him on girly conversations, besides everyone knew a gay man was a girl’s best friend.

She pulled out her smokes from the front pocket and lit the end of the cigarette, taking in a small drag of menthol deliciousness that coated her lungs and throat. She exhaled through her nose making her look like a dragon at the moment. Sam didn’t care that she was a virgin it’s just she’s never had time for a man or a woman, in fact she wasn’t even sure who she was sexually attracted too. What with the death of her parents and almost nine years of schooling under her belt and maintaining an almost full time job till a few weeks ago when the hell did she have the time for a relationship or even casual sex for that matter.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »
Bryant and Lisa-Joe both laughed at Sam's admission. Bryant laughed in astonishment. He couldn't believe that Sam would reveal such a personal detail in an open space like a bar. He knew her well enough to know something like that, but he doubted Lisa-Joe did. He turned to face Sam and said "I don't have a snarky, gay, zinger in store for a vampire virgin.  In fact, you're the only virgin, vampire or human, that I even know." Both Lisa-Joe's and Bryant's southern accents were heightened both their close proximity.

Lisa-Joe's laugh was out of warmness. She thought that little Sam being a virgin was so endearing. She picked up a few glasses and returned to the bar, missing the comment Bryant had uttered. "Hunny, I got ask you something girl to girl about that." She turned to Bryant and waved him away. Before Sam could protest, Bryant grabbed his drink, got off his stool and headed over to the pool table to watch a game in progress.

Lisa-Joe leaned in closely. "Just between us gals, did you pop your cherry as a human?" Her voice was part mocking and part serious.   
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 06:51:08 AM »
Even though Bryant was laughing Sam could hear the astonishment in his laughter, she didn't think it was such a big deal and when Bryant admitted with that sexy southern accent that she was the only virgin he'd ever known it made the wheels in her head turn just a little. Sam had no clue why sex was such a big deal, maybe it was the pleasure or the satisfying release she wasn't sure but she knew this, there were other experiences out there that were worth more to her in this world than just having sex. She was just about to answer Bryant when Lisa-Joe came over and whisked Bryant away with a flick of her hand, he settled near the pool tables as he watched two veterans play a game of harmless pool.

Sam cocked her head to the side as Lisa-Joe asked her question. Sam could hear the seriousness in her tone and it made her a little on edge with the almost ancient vampire. Sam leaned in to whisper in her ear, "No I didn't pop my cherry as a human. It's still very much intact, I just never found sex to be worth my while." Sam shrugged her shoulders but that wasn't the only reason, her shoulders suddenly dropped and she gazed upon Lisa-Joe with sad thoughts rolling over her body and mind. Sam leaned back in her stool as she uncomfortably talked about the past. 

"Besides my family got killed by a drunk driver," Lisa-Joe already knew that, "How I am suppose to bring someone home to meet my family? Their all dead and afterwards my own mortal family began to crumble." It was sad but it was true her family back in Canada she rarely talked to anymore except for her three cousins and her grandpa on her fathers side. Jake had given her a family that fateful night of her siring even though this family could be stone, cold, fuck nuts it strangely reminded her of home.

Sam took a drag off her smoke and exhaled, "Plus after they died and my schooling started I just wanted to focus on having a masters degree in something and once I graduate I'll have three masters under my belt," her shoulders picked right back up, "Besides after I graduate this year maybe I'll start dating or whatever it is you guys call it." Sam didn't motion to leave the bar she wasn't sure if Lisa-Joe was finished with her or not and she already thinking that Bryant and Sam could play a game of pool since there was a table free tonight.     

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 12:04:37 AM »
Lisa-Joe listened to Sam's response. She thought how much Sam must like to talk, for Lisa-Joe had asked only a simple question. Still, it was personal, and she'd read in Cosmopolitan that people sometimes rambled as a defense mechanism. She thought about Sam having degrees - plural - and found it both cute and a little unbelievable. Sam was sweet and obviously not stupid, but Lisa-Joe had never considered her a brain.

"Baby doll, I didn't ask for you life story."

The response may have been a little forward, but Lisa-Joe felt like it was worth teaching Sam the valuable lesson to answer the question that's asked, not the ones you want to answer.

"All I wanted to know is if you popped you cherry, because if you didn't...." Her speech trailed off here. She turned away to hide the beginnings of a laugh. Once she was composed she turned back to Sam. If Sam said "What" or anything else during this period Lisa-Joe ignored it.

"Now I don't know this for a fact. I was not a virgin when I was turned, but I think that once you pop it, well, it will heal every time you have sex."

Lisa-Joe didn't really know. The only vampire virgins she'd ever met had been children, and they were never having their cherries popped. If it was true, Lisa-Joe felt bad for Sam. What a chore it would be to deal with that every time she had sex.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 08:19:46 PM »
Quin was already in the White Rabbit, testing out the alcohol and eyeing off the waitstaff.  He'd been a bit flirty with some of the clientele around the place but struck out on numerous occassions.  The rejections had been polite from some, gruff from others, but Quin was taking them all well, thanks to a helping hand of double shots of strong, expensive whiskey.  He could've been a District Leader, but that felt like too much work - still, being an ex-Oligarch was enough for him to be recognised and at least he hadn't been bounced by any of the rougher bargoers.

Bryant was like the light at the end of a dark and lonely tunnel.  Quin only noticed him once he'd separated from the woman he was with, for he'd not properly paid them attention and thought them a couple.  He wasn't usually into the vampire type, but this one was young and fresh.  So fresh, in fact, that Quin didn't realise he was of the cold-blooded clan until he was nice and close.  The game that the young man was watching was winding up, and as Quin came closer, he freed his tail from beneath his long brown trench coat (over a white shirt and dark jeans, narrow 40s tie and all), which his dark violet wings were still firmly wrapped beneath, and wend his tail around Bryant's left leg, slithering up the thigh so that he finished at the vampire's groin.  He'd stepped in close while he was doing it, and turned his lips to Bryant's ear, his whiskey breath no doubt carrying over to the vampire's keen sense of smell.

"You look like you're in need of a partner.  I'm handy with a stick, you'll find," he said with a smile in his voice.  He winked when Bryant turned to look at him, and a hand came up to touch the brim of his fedora in greeting.  "You don't mind sharing your balls?" he asked, not very innocently at all.

Subtlety wasn't Quin's strong point, tonight.  Even Lazarus would be impressed.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 02:55:19 AM »
Sam curled her bottom lip inwards as she gave Lisa-Joe an apologetic smile, she didn't mean to ramble on a times but she was just making sure that the message was being conveyed. Lisa-Joe could seem rude at times the way she was so forward with everyone but Sam could see that Lisa-Joe was teaching her a lesson. Even when Lisa-Joe tried to hide her laughter away from Sam she didn't say a word, in fact Sam found it a little unusual that Lisa-Joe was losing her composure. She waited until Lisa-Joe had her stone hard composure back and Sam listened intently before speaking to Lisa-Joe. 

"Well you know what they say. If you die a virgin terrorists are waiting for you in heaven," then she burst out laughing. It was a horrible joke but Sam always had an odd sense of humor, "I'm joking but look at it this way Lisa-Joe we have an experiment on our hands. If and when I do get my cherry popped we'll see if it heals over or not and I'll let ya know." The wheels started to turn Sam's head as she thought about it, she'd never expected it to be such a big mystery for Lisa-Joe and sometimes not knowing something was just a great adventure waiting to happen and Sam guessed that included sex at some point in her life.

"Oh god please don't tell Jake we had this conversation. I think it might be a little weird for him to handle," she wasn't sure and as she looked over at Bryant someone or something was getting very sexual with her nephew. She didn't like it partly because if Bryant got hurt on Sam's watch Conner and Scott would tan her hide, not only that Conner would never allow Sam to see Bryant again. She was already on Conner's naughty list and in reality Conner could go fuck himself with a steak knife in the ass. His blood magic didn't scare Sam one tiny bit.   

"Who the fuck is that?" A hint of anger could be heard in her voice and she tightened her grip around the glass of blood. She was very protective of Bryant and she made sure her eye's were looking into the stranger's very soul and waited for the stranger to take notice of her sliver gaze slicing through the darkness within the White Rabbit. If she saw anything that made Bryant uncomfortable she'd be over there in a heart beat, she had enough of people beating up on her nephew for tonight.     

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 03:44:41 AM »
Bryant was completely taken off guard by the slithering and wrapping of Quin's tale. He jolted a little and felt a prickly feeling throughout his whole body as the tip of the tale touched his groin. He gave an auditory half yelp half moan and turned to see Quin. Bryant didn't usually go for young looking men, but that was not so much their age as it was their level of confidence. This Fae, for Bryant was able to identify him as non human thanks to the tail, was very confident indeed. The young vampire had been given a crash course in other species by his maker and by friends like Sam and Lisa-Joe. Still, he wasn't sure how he felt about one flirting with him. Humans and vampires were all he'd ever known.

The Fae was the same height as Bryant and had soft, boyish features that were refreshing and not unlike Bryant's own looks. Quin's pickup line made Bryant smile, not so much because he was being seduced but because they were just so funny. Bryant was unsure if Quin's attempt was to make him laugh, or if he really thought a metaphor for sex lay wrapped up in a pool game. Whatever the course, the tail or the joke, Bryant was not offended by the stranger. The strong smell of whiskey on his breath was another turn on, for when Bryant had been human whiskey had been his chosen poison. He decided to explore this situation and perhaps expand his own horizons.

"How often does a line like that work for you," Bryant said playfully. "Oh, and could you do something about your tail."

Bryant leaned in so close their lips were almost touching when he said, "It's hitting my spot."

Lisa-Joe placed a cautioning hand on Sam's shoulder. She knew that Sam was protective over Bryant, because frankly so was she. When Bryant had walked in for the first time as a vampire, her heart had sunk. He'd had so much life, so much potential. She was saddened to see him without the innocence and the joy of mortality. When he came in early, Lisa-Joe swore she could feel the warmth of the sun radiating off his skin. It had pained her to see that gone. He was just another immortal now, although a special one to her. Looking at the situation, it didn't seem like Bryant minded Quin's company. She could see Sam becoming angry and defensive for her nest mate and decided to intervene before Sam did something she'd regret.

"That's Quin, the Ex-Oligrach for Fae." Lisa-Joe made it her business to know when someone important came in to her bar, no matter what race they were. "He's a friend of Jake's."

Lisa-Joe started rubbing Sam's shoulders. "Why don't we go upstairs and dance. I hired a great electronica band for tonight."     
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
Quin giggled when confronted about his terrible line, liking that this young vampire was smiling at him, and moved his tail as requested - but only to the side where it petted Bryant's inner thigh.

The closeness sobered his behaviour, and he grew serious.  "Ever had sex with an imp? It's like being in the middle of a threesome with just two people," he promised softly, and to further illustrate his point, his tail slid purposefully away from Bryant's inner thigh and the point slithered up the vampire's backside, between his buttocks as closesly as his clothes would allow.

Bryant's lips now caught his focus, and his eyes appeared to close because he was looking down at them.  He licked his own lips in response, wondering if it was worth blowing his chance at bedding this young vampire just so he could taste that mouth.  It would be even more stupid to regret something he didn't do rather than something he did.  Because it was easy enough to tilt his head slightly and close the rest of the gap, he did this - without thinking about a vampire's celerity and the fact Bryant would be able to pull away easily.  Quin was of the impression that he wouldn't have time, nor that he even wanted to.

He was already half-aroused at the idea of bar-sex.  Bar-sex was quick and dirty and fun.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 09:52:10 AM »
Bryant slid his tongue into Quin's mouth signaling the kiss was not intrusive and in fact welcomed. He began to give into the kiss and even went so far as to place his hands on Quin's obliques, liking what he felt. His eyes were closed too, but he was imagining the imp's handsome face. Bryant wasn't quite sure what an imp was, but if he was getting the picture Quin was making with his tale, they were up for a very fun night. Bryant had always self identified as versatile in bed. However, most men saw him and either thought bottom, or didn't take him seriously when he told that them that he also liked to top. As they kissed - and in Bryant's opinion it was a good, bordering on great kiss - Bryant thought where the next step would be. He'd had sex in clubs before, but The White Rabbit didn't really have back rooms like Risk did. He thought about bathroom sex, but decided that it was unlikely Lisa-Joe would let that occur. Bryant knew that after the night they'd had Conner would not be happy if Bryant brought someone home. He broke away from the kiss to ask a question he hoped Quin would say yes to.

"Do you maybe wanna go somewhere?" His tone was shy, but he smiled and kept eye contact.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »
"Ah, so you find my proposal appealing!" Quin declared grandly, his arm moving around Bryant's shoulder.  "I dare say I do!  What's your name?" he asked, and began to lead his fresh catch away from the billiards table and towards where the exit of the Rabbit was.  To get there, he'd have to move past the bar.

Because he was intending on going outside, his tail snaked back beneath his coat and spiralled there, out of sight.  His grip on Bryant didn't change, though, and he was mostly leaning against him as he walked, liking the firm feel of his body.  He wasn't the marble statue like the older ones of his kind were - having sex with them was a bit like having sex in a hole inside a brick wall, or being pulverised up the ass with a stone hammer.  It wasn't that unappealing - he'd take a hardened old vampire over nothing, but the young and fresh ones were so much nicer!

"The walk back to my place isn't far," he explained once he got the vampire's name.  He figured the fresh air would sober him up on the way, but first he had to get out of this devilish place intact.

Meanwhile, someone else was walking into the club, and he went over to the bar after a quick look around the place.  He was also wearing a grey overcoat, but not as long as Quin's, for he had no wings or tail to hide.  Beneath the buttoned iron-grey coat he wore a striking mauve v-neck sweater and a white t-shirt, over black pants and black shiny shoes.  He didn't feel the cold, but he was dressing to blend in with the business-men who were still in the city but gone out for some night life.  He was looking too hipster to blend in correctly, thanks to his more fashionable choices, but well enough to be overlooked which was all he needed.

Ben approached the bar next to Sam, having no idea what the two women were talking about and thinking that one had just ordered a drink from the female bartender.  When she glanced his way, he nodded acknowledgement to her and then spoke in a normal voice, knowing that her hearing would pick up his words in spite of the ear-blasting punk music.

"I'm here to see Jake?" he asked, knowing that this bar was the District Leader's headquarters, and figuring they would be on a different level.  The bartender would likely know the best way he had to go in order to find his way to the ex-Oligarch.  Ben hadn't noticed that Quin was here too, but he likely wouldn't have cared.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 09:30:43 AM »
The tight grip that Sam had on the glass in her hand released as Lisa-Joe explained who the person was that had his hands all over Bryant. Her anger slowly drained away and she started to get curious about the two’s intimate actions. Sam ignored Lisa-Joe’s question for the moment but she was enjoying the shoulder rub as she relaxed. Sam wasn't trying to be rude but she was more focused on what was going on between Quin and Bryant. She watched in curiosity as the two stroked and petted each other and it was obvious it was meant to arouse one another. They then shared a passionate kiss and it made Sam a little jealous, that Quin guy looked like a good kisser.

She took another puff of her smoke as she saw Bryant and Quin motioning to move, she was sure Bryant would stop by the bar and say good-bye. Sam felt a little more at ease if Quin was a friend of Jake’s Bryant was in good hands but she always told Bryant just make sure it’s something you want to do; Sam wasn’t big on judging people. It was their life after all and no one should tell you what to do, as long as it wasn’t harming anyone it wasn’t something to make a big deal over.

She turned to verbally state she would accept Lisa-Joe’s offer to dance when suddenly somebody sat down and she recognized him immediately, it was Ben and she politely smiled at him. She felt for him when she found out that his Sire had died, she quickly put out the smoke in the ashtray on the bar table. The question was directed for Lisa-Joe and as much as Sam would have liked to answer Ben for Jake. She still wasn’t sure what privileges or rights she had when Jake was away, she wasn’t even sure she was allowed help people. That was something she would have to ask Jake as she still remembered Jake still had plans to talk to her about the scuffle that happened at Venture tonight.