Author Topic: Carbon Copy  (Read 17449 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Carbon Copy
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 07:58:27 AM »
"The photos are for you, and I'll email you all I have," he said, though he would be going through all of the video and photos to make sure if any of them turned up on the net it wouldn't be embarrassing for Kerr's memory.  He took down Matt's email after the shifter recited it, and then there was nothing left for them to do.  Matt had to change back into his own shape, so Ben had an offer for him that didn't involve paying him extra money but would be a convenience.

"You can stay and change back," he said, his eyes raking Kerr's figure one last time because he knew it would be gone soon and potentially not return, depending on Matt's decision.  "I've left my credit card details with the hotel, so you can stay and order room service if you like, it'll be covered."

He got up and went to his bag, picking it up and then returning to grab his laptop, and listened to whatever Matt had to say.  He was ready to leave, not wanting to see the change happen in front of him.  He didn't know if it would interfere with how he would see Matt's version of Kerr or not, but he preferred not to risk it.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline pinkroses

• Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Carbon Copy
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 06:47:56 AM »
Matt agreed to staying behind, understanding Ben’s reasons for it and not questioning him. He didn’t intend taking up the offer of room service, although after the shift back he knew he would appreciate the chance to rest before setting off home.

“Next time if you book the room I can pick up the key at reception and get here before you to shift, if you want?” he offered as Ben headed for the door and Matt followed him in that direction. He didn’t know how much Ben wanted to get into this fantasy – perhaps he would prefer to see Matt in his true form to remind himself this wasn’t really Kerr, but Matt wouldn’t judge if Ben wanted to chuck himself into it fully and not see Matt as himself.