Author Topic: A Moonlit Stroll  (Read 20405 times)

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: A Moonlit Stroll
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »
Sam tipped her head towards Saraekiel's answer, he must have been disappointed when he was unable to find Zoheret. Although Sam was sure at some point and time the two would meet but the question was when they would meet. For now Sam put that thought out of her mind, it wasn't her place to ask what business Saraekiel had with Zoheret. She went to go open her mouth when Shae bet her to the punch, Sam was glad she did.

Sam burst out laughing at Shae's blunt statement, "I'm sorry but that was funny." Sam was starting to warm up to Shae. Somehow Sam knew that wasn't the real reason Saraekiel was looking for Zoheret. Oh the other hand Shae's statement of wild pigeon sex brought a cruel smile to her lips as she looked at Saraekiel.

"Correct me if I'm being a little personal. How does one fuck with well you know." She pointed towards his back letting him know she was talking about his wings.  Sam hoped she didn't go to far with Saraekiel by somewhat taking Shae's lead.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 12:42:45 AM »
Shae snorted in amusement at the look on Saraekiels face as he looked at Sam in mock affront.

“With a lot of innovation and imagination. “ he replied dead pan, the only indication of his amusement was the raised eyebrow and slight twitching of his lips. Then with a wicked grin he leaned in over the table slightly and asked “How do you do it without....you know?” he finished with a pointed look towards her back and a devilishly wicked grin.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »
Sam glanced her way over to Shae, she was glad that Shae was amused and not offended by her being a little personal. Sam smiled at Sarakiel's answer, it was a little short but it was to the point she could tell in his voice. Then when Saraekiel turned the question back on her she wasn't surprised in the least. Although he probably wished he wouldn't had, this situation reminded her of the conversation she had with Lisa-Joe and Bryant a while ago.

"If you must know," she set her arms up on the table loosely crossed. "I wouldn't know what it's like actually. Frankly, I found other things that were worth more my while than having sex." She giggled, oh this was going to be an interesting reply. She was watching for an subtle reactions that would be over looked by a normal person before she continued.

"Besides I'm sure sex with a wingless pigeon would be a lot less interesting than doing it with a winged pigeon." There were a few people near by but Saraekiel and Shae would get the reference, a sly smile crossed her lips as she waited for the two to speak.       

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 10:08:50 PM »
Shae almost gasped in shock as what Sam said finally registered. “Oh Sugar.”she said with genuine sadness “Haven’t you ever heard George Michael's song Sex....you know the one that says, Sex is wonderful, Sex is good. Not everybody does it, but everyone should. Its not just a song  its a fundamental truth sent by the gods themselves to be delivered to mans ears. “She finished with a soft dramatic sigh then sat back and shook her slightly in disbelief and sorrow.

Sarakiel just looked at Shae and shook his head at her melodrama though he had to agree with her it was a damn shame if what Sam said was true...how the hell did she become a vampire without experiencing one of lives most natural instinctual acts. “Well,” he said with a small wicked grin in response to her question “Winged or not, the act is pretty much the same as it doesn’t require the use of such appendages.” Here he grinned broadly at Sam “Though it can add to the foreplay when used appropriately.” leaning ever so slightly towards the vampire he breathed out an invisible, small, playful, miasma of lust and attraction before seductively adding “ Why Fangs did you want to try it out?”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »
Sam looked at Shae with a weird smile as she dramatically went off on how sex was so good. She took Shae's advice that with a grain of salt, after all she'd been in university for almost a decade and she was familiar with all those sex scene's. Mainly because the first four years of university was nothing but a drunken fuck fest of catching god knows what disease, she had been lucky enough to be kept out of that scene because she was so scared to explore the city or the university at the time. She shrugged her shoulders at Shae as if it was no skin off her back, there would be a time when Sam would explore that part of herself but not yet.

Sam listened to Saraekiel's answer and took in notice that he was leaning in a little too close. When she was about to answer him a strange feeling washed over Sam, like water hitting a brick wall. Sam wouldn't know lust if it her right in the face with something big and black. She shook her head a little to try and get rid of the feeling but it stayed with her conscience. What the hell, she thought as she noticed Saraekiel's luscious lips. At that moment she wanted to kiss then, grab him by the back of the neck and press his lips against her own. That soon passed when Saraekiel asked Sam if she wanted to give it a try.

Sam burst out laughing, her secret weapon but she still under the effects of Saraekiel's spell," Oh god no! Have you looked at me real closely, who the hell wants to fuck this. I have more scars and craters in my face than the moon, my hands are callused and along with other things." Things that didn't have to be mentioned but she gave him a look of interest, she also still felt really strange. Almost like when Jake used presence on her to make her fight back with will power, still she was feeling real weird and it was starting to show. Suddenly Sam felt a little uncomfortable and gave them both a shy smile.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »
The loud whack from the sound of Shae slapping the side of his head started Saraekiel enough that he jumped slightly in his seat. “What the Hell Shae?!” he half yelled at the Shifter Voodoo Priestess.

“Leave her alone Kiel.” Shae said with earnest intensity “You invited her to join us and therefore she is under your protection and has guest rights,” she hissed angrily at him. She may not have as many weird customs as Saraekiel but she had some and guest rights had been an old and honoured custom within her family, a custom she intended to honour. This wasn’t the first time Saraekiel and her had had words over it, he was an Angel and as a race they tended to be arrogant and elitist, believing they had a right to do what they wanted when they wanted and though this was usually balanced with compassion, empathy and kindness in Light Angels, Dark Angels for the most part tended to lose that balance, either during their Fall or if not then when they Turned. Saraekiel wasn’t as bad as most and usually Shae was indifferent to his games but there was a line. You don’t share a meal or invite people to you house and then turn around and betray their trust in your hospitality.

“Sheesh Shae. Relax” Saraekiel grumped as he rubbed his ear “It’s not like I was going to do anything to her.” he said as he turned his attention back to Sam

“Then why do it?” Shae asked, anger still ripe in her voice.

Saraekiel smiled softly, slowly as he almost whispered to himself as he leaned forward towards Sam. “To see if I could, to see if it would work.” He said as he breathed out softly using Clarity to clear away the residue of his lust spell. He remembered well Sams showing of her resilience ability and he had wanted to see if she was resilient to emotional manipulation as she was to physical. “I’m sorry Sam,” he said as he sat back into his seat. “I owe you an explanation; Fire isn’t my only ability. “ he said with a small smile “ You should be fine now, I cleared away the small lust spell I put on you.” Then because he hadn’t liked what she had said about herself earlier he looked at her intently. “You are very attractive Sam and desirable, do not doubt it.” He grunted softly as Shae kicked him under the table causing him to turn and glare at her before turning his attention back at Sam; ignoring Shae’s own glare in return. “and Shae is right,”he said with a small amount of reluctance; not wanting to admit in front of Shae that she was right or that after living with the woman for more then a century he too felt a little bad about breaking Guest Rights. “I had no right to do that to you without first asking or explaining what I intended. “ he added before grinning devilishly, his grey eyes alight with unrepentant mischief as he gave a little shrug. “What can i say, I’m an impulsive creature.”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »
Sam didn't jump like Saraekiel but she defiantly had eye's that were wider than cabbages right now, she had no clue what the was going on between the two. Sam little by little sat back in her chair away from the heated discussion they were having, that smack on the ear sure looked like it hurt. Her hands folded neatly in her lap as she listened to Shae go off on something called guest rights, she never heard someone call simple hospitality guest rights. Shae was full of surprises, even though she didn't say much her actions spoke louder than words. The anger that Shae was showing towards Saraekiel meant that she was not a push over by any means, she liked that in a woman. Sam herself couldn't stand someone who didn't have a back bone, shifting her hands slightly in her lap Saraekiel caught her attention again. She couldn't believe what Saraekiel had done, he thought Shae was scary and the look of a half pissed vampire was smacked across her face.

"You should close your eyes so I can punch you in the face," she gritted through her teeth. In on hand she couldn't blame Saraekiel, on the other hand he knew better. Sam herself also kicked Saraekiel underneath the table, making sure to put a grimace on his face. Sam felt better after that and she could feel the effect of the lust spell wearing off, my god did he liked to push boundaries. She was still slightly upset when he mentioned his other abilities, she was intrigued but still a little pissed that he pushed the tiny bit of trust she had for him like that. She gave him a weak smile when he mentioned he was an impulsive being," That's something we have in common." She said a little hotly. She sighed and leaned forward closer to the table, her eyes glimmered many colors because of the lights in the Bistro. She studied Saraekiel's face long and hard as she contemplated just how sorry he really was with his little trick, it seemed genuine after a few moments she stopped staring at Saraekiel.

"Alright I believe you." Her eye's still gleaming with a hint of anger, "I'm only going to say this once. My generosity, loyalty, trust and honesty is a no fuck zone. You get one warning." She cocked her eyebrows at Saraekiel. Her anger now had subsided and it could be shown that Sam feared nothing and no one, a trait that could either end your life or help your way through it.     

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2013, 09:55:50 PM »
Saraekiel sat back and considered the situation after Samantha finished with her warning and he had to admit that she had a point and was right to be annoyed with him; if someone who he was trying to build some sort of relationship with had done that to him, well, lets just say he would have done a hell of a lot more then kick and glare at them.

“You are totally right Samäntha, what i did was nearly unforgivable.” He said with earnest. “From this point on there will be no more tricks, no games between us, truth and trust are to be the mortar of our relationship.” Saying such he took up a knife fro the table and pierced the center of his palm slightly with the tip of it, causing a bead of blood to form there. “With my blood I offer Friendship and Loyalty to you. ”He said formally but with little fanfare as he stretched his hand out towards her. “If you accept the gift of my blood bond, ”he continued with a small smile “then you offer the same. Make no mistake , this gift and bond will be binding.” he admonished with some seriousness before flicking his gaze to the small drop of blood in his hand then back to Sam and smiled slightly, realizing the offer of blood might be a little strange and embarrassing to a vampire. “You don’t have to lick it off.” he explained, trying to ease any possible discomfort or sense of intimacy such an act was rumoured to be for vampires. “You can if you wish just scoop it off with a finger and  suck it off that way.” he said with a small wicked smile.

Shae smiled slightly in pleasure as Saraekiel offered one of his extremely rare and earnest  apologies only to have her eye pop open in shock as he offered her a formal and binding bond of friendship, as far as she knew she was the only other person he had ever offered it to.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
Sam was transfixed on the small dot of blood that remained perfectly beaded in Saraekiel's palm. No one was close to their table but she couldn't let him do this with him knowing the danger of what he was innocently offering to Sam. She closed his palm with her rough hands, the hands of a working woman. She gave him an apologetic look of shame as she directed his out stretched hand onto the table, she was silent for a moment as she held his hand. Saraekiel needed to know about the effects of something her brother Scott called a blood blond, they were still close. Even after the fiasco he made at the opening of Ventrue, idiot brother of hers.

"Saraekiel please do not take offense," her voice was very soft. "Blood sharing or bonding in my clan is something that is planned, it's an emotionally intimate experience. I am not rejecting your gift. I am stating that what you offer maybe more than what you are bargaining for in the future." She looked at Shae, her pleasure was duly noted and Sam felt as if she could give her a lesson in her clan and their ways of blood sharing. She had no clue if Shae would be delighted or sickened at the information Sam was about to give.

She looked deeply into his smoky grey eyes, "Blood bonding would give us a link to each other and I'm not sure you want that with me." She started off slowly, "In our blood we have traces of something called vitae, our essence if you will. The traces of vitae found in our blood will connect us and any emotions, or secret feelings, or desires, even are thoughts would no longer be private for you or me. It's difficult to break but the blood bond can weaken over time if we don't share blood. Not only that it's possible that you might get enthralled or overly fascinated with me over time." She averted her gaze from him for a second before she continued,"If your truly serious about this offer I cannot allow you to make it while flying blind." Sam was showing that she could be trust worthy, giving him a moment to think.

Her blood was a serious matter and if Saraekiel was still serious about his offer they would need more blood than just a pin prick in his palm. Then the waves of emotions hit her about Jake as she waited for Saraekiel's answer. Would Jake kill her? No. Would she be beaten? Yes. Would be watched like a hawk? Absolutely. Was she even considering the notion of this... yes, yes she was and that was the scary part. She lapsed into her own deep thoughts, still holding Saraekiel's soft hand in her own two rough hands.

She was impulsive and her rigid thinking was setting in for the first time in a few months, her thinking was she was different and always would be. Sam in the womb was bestowed a major flaw, her brain had fully developed but the lobes that made up the brain had been deformed, causing her to have multiple metal illnesses growing up. She was a horrible and angry child when she was a young mortal but that had subsided over much practice and beating back most of her impulses. Now she knew vampire was her species but that didn't dictate what her character was in this life. Jake was going to beat her for sure, she wasn't sure about the others in her family. Then again Sam would always be different, literally and just maybe she was also meant for a different path than she or Jake had envisioned for herself.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 02:02:38 AM »
Shae sat back and watched the proceedings with interest but decided to stay out it, this was a big decision for them both and knew instinctively that there would be some interesting repercussions for them both, but probably more so for the vampire as Saraekiel tended to answer only to himself and cared not at all about the opinion or rules of anyone else. Sam on the other hand, that she wasn’t too sure about.

Saraekiel smiled slightly as Sam folded his hand over and proceeded to tell him about vampire blood bonding. It was interesting but that’s not what he was offering, he had no interest in drinking vampire blood and didn’t want the depth of the connection Samantha seemed to be hinting at.

“You misunderstand Samantha...it is not a vampire blood bonding I am talking about” he said with a small smile.”I have no need, nor desire for such a thing. No...I am only offering a slight mystical bond if you will, with me. “ he continued with a wry grin. “and trust me...a drop of blood is enough, it’s just a token really, a physical symbol, nothing more, but it will ensure we can never betray each other, not by force or consent.” Which was the main reason he was offering it to Samantha, by taking the token of blood which was imbued with a little of his angelic essence Samantha would be unable to betray him in anyway, not by deed or thought or by force. It didn’t make her enslaved to him or bind her emotionally to him; in a way what he offered was protection for them both; protection from each other and from outside forces.

“ It will mean I have marked you as a friend and therefore will never again be able to do to you what i did earlier without your permission first.”he explained with soft intensity and honest sincerity as he continued speaking.  “In other words...I cannot emotionally manipulate you without your prior consent. Setting you on fire on the other hand is completely allowed.”he said with  a flash of amusement flashing in his grey eyes as a wicked grin tugged at his lips. “Do you accept?”he asked as he once again opened his hand, the small drop of blood still perfectly formed in the centre of his palm glinted softly in the moonlight.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »
Sam came back to reality as Saraekiel gave his answer, she felt a little embarrassed that she had taken things out of context. But when it came to sharing blood Sam was very careful, she didn't want anyone to be emotionally bonded the way her and Jake were for life. No, that would be meant for someone that was very special in her life. What Saraekiel was proposing seemed interesting and less dangerous than the blood bond that the vampires of her bloodline had experienced. She gave him a small smile about lighting her on fire. She looked at the red bead pf blood in his hand, he had been truthful in his words about what this bond would mean for both of them. She looked over her shoulder, to make sure the waiter wasn't coming towards the table. She let go of his hand and laid it back on the table, she couldn't believe she was doing this.

In one quick swoop with her finger she took the bead of blood from his palm, she smeared it on her bottom lip and just as quickly Sam folded her lip inward and with her tongue she licked the blood off her lip. It was done and she couldn't go back now. She wasn't sure if she was suppose to feel anything after she took his blood, nor was she sure if Sam was suppose to offer her blood as well. When Saraekiel didn't say anything at first she looked at him with questionable eyes. Her own hands made it's way to her side of the table and dangled on the edge.

"Is that it? Or do I offer mine now?" She wasn't sure about this type of blood bond. It was all very new to her but she took comfort that Shae was also here and she had witnessed this while event. Jake or wouldn't know about this for a long time, at least until their relationship was more solid than what is was right now. She pushed that thought in the back of her mind and she focused on Saraekiel and Shae.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 08:02:26 PM »
Saraekiel grinned as he sat back into his chair. “No that's it, no bangs, no whistles, no fanfare. But at least I now feel comfortable with you knowing my actual name. “ he said with a wryly grin. “I had meant to destroy that id card you found in my wallet a long time ago. The name I use is Kiel. “he finished with a shrug.

“Wait!”Shae said with shocked surprise. “Sam knows your actual name...your Angelic name?” Shae couldn’t quite believe what she was hearing. This vampire had actually known his name and he had let her live. This was beyond unusual and into the land of incomprehensible miracles. It wasn’t that she cared Sam knew Saraekiels name, after all she knew it as well, it was just so out of character for Saraekiel to let someone he didn’t really know and wasn’t or at least hadn’t been in his small circle of confidants to know his name and not kill them out of hand. He was just that paranoid and obsessed over the secrecy of his precious name that this situation was, well, surprising to say the least. Which then made her wonder how Samantha had gotten Saraekiel to trust her so easily. Sitting back she quietly watched Sam with slightly narrowed eyes, no longer sure the girl was completely trust worthy. Had she used some kind of weird vampire trick on her friend after all.

At Shae’s  outburst Saraekiel turned to her with a small tight grin. “It’s your fault. Who brought me the wallet in the first place, who got the id and had that name put on it as a joke because she thought it would be funny to watch me go chase down everyone involved with its creation and....remove that knowledge from their minds? “he asked with a small uplift of his eyebrow.

Remembering the incident well Shae smiled and shrugged indifferently as she lounged back into her seat. “Yes, well “she said in her soft sultry tone. “It had been amusing you have to admit.”

His explanation explained how Sam had learned of it but it didn’t explain why she wasn’t dead, unsure what to think about this whole situation she decided that Sam was someone to keep an eye on after all. She didn’t think she was a threat or a danger to either of them but she most definitely had some kind of pull on her dark angelic friend and she found that unsettling.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »
Sam opened her mouth to ask what he meant by his real name. Shae beat her to the punch and she fell silent as the two duked it out in words. Sam felt as if she was left in the dark, what about his name? What was so special about knowing an angels name. Feelings of a confusion plagued her mind, if Saraekiel's name was so important why hadn't he corrected her that at the club.

Then she met Shae's eyes, those eyes that screamed she found Sam untrustworthy. Oh yes she knew that look, problem was she was that good with people. Sam raised her eyebrows at Shae as if to say, your jumping to conclusions. That was short lived when the two gave light to the joke Shae had played on Saraekiel. Didn't seem very funny if Saraekiel cherished his name so much, she especially wasn't amused about removing knowledge from some ones mind. That really upset her, then the food came and she was glad.

The waiter set down the food in front Shae, Sam waited till the man walked away from the table. She was itching  for some fresh air. She had a pack of smokes in her jacket and she used that to escape for a bit. "Excuse me I'm just going to step out for a smoke. I'll be back." She exited quite quickly not sure if anyone would follow, she returned to the corner she made those phone calls earlier.  She lit the smoke with haste taking in a deep drag, still a little upset.

Was Saraekiel or Kiel going to erase her mind? She hoped not then again what would stop him? If he could light her on fire which was less funny now, could or would he erase her mind a whim. She shook her head as she slowly smoked her menthol cigarette. She would wait for a bit until her thoughts were in order. She was pretty sure no one was coming to check on her, she wasn't sure how to feel about that.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 09:46:09 PM »
Shae watched as Sam walked away almost hurriedly. She hadn’t missed the look the vampire had given her nor had she missed how she had become almost tense during her and Saraekiels discussion. She sighed softly and looked at her friend. “You never explained to her about your name, did you Kiel?” she asked with a hint of disapproval in her voice. True it wasn’t wise to reprimand the dark angel and she pushed the line between them just a little but she felt that line had to be pushed because Saraekiel being a dark angel meant that most times the only line he recognised was his own.

Saraekiel raised an eyebrow at She but decided to overlook her tone. They had been together for over a century now and so tended to overlook most of the things she said and did when it came to him. He also had to admit; even if only to himself that he also used her as his compass in the human world. She helped to keep him grounded and tended to lessen the potential trouble he could get himself into. Instead he turned and watched Sam, Shae was right, Sam did seem pissed and confused going by the flavour of the emotions she left in her wake. He sighed and shrugged as he turned his head back to Shea. “no i didn’t, there wasn’t time...well that's not true, I had planned to explain things to her but then I got...distracted. “ he said with an amused grin pulling at his full lips and a devilish look gleaming in his sultry grey eyes.

Shae shook he head as she stood up. “I’ll go talk to her, besides...it’s time we girls had a chat.” She added as she pushed her chair back, catching the floor slightly with the legs as she did so which caused the chair to make a slight but audible scraping noise as she stood up. She walked out to the front to join Sam, her walk was sensually feminine, almost slinky yet unmistakably confidant with a touch of predatory grace She stepped outside and her hair was instantly caught in the cool evening breeze, making strands of it twist and spin about her as she looked around for Sam. Spotting her at the corner she slowly walked over, enjoying the scent of the sea and the blue silvery light cast by the full moon above.

“You going to share that? “She asked meaning the cigarette in Sams hand. It wasn’t the greatest conversation opening in the world but then Shae wasn’t the best girl talker in the world either.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 03:02:56 PM »
Sam looked up in surprise, "Yeah sure long as you don't mind menthol." She handed the smoke off to Shae, she was the last person Sam would think to just check up on her. She was silent for a few moments not knowing what she should say to break the silence. Sam at first was shy with new people and she was slow to warm up to anyone. Sam was feeling the pressure so she turned to Shae and gazed at her with her silver grey eyes.

"You ate quickly. Was the food good?" Sam asked trying to make small talk with Shae. Not wanting to be rude and leaving the both of them silent. However Sam had a slight feeling Shae was out here for a reason and it wasn't to make small talk.