Author Topic: A Moonlit Stroll  (Read 20407 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: A Moonlit Stroll
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »
Shae put the cigarette to her lips and inhaled, it had been awhile since she had had a smoke and the first drag reminded her why. Exhaling she passed the cigarette back to Sam and smirked “I have no idea, I didn’t eat...no doubt our winged pigeon is gorging on my dinner as we speak.” She shrugged indicating it was of no real import before deciding the screw the small talk and just get down to business. “I wanted to come out here and talk with you, you seemed upset earlier and well...”She looked at Sam and smiling softly she raised her eyebrow questioningly. “He has never explained the....errr....importance of his name, has he? And I figured you might have some questions. “She said with another wry smile “Saraekiel as I’m sure you’ve noticed isn’t the most forthcoming when it comes to answering questions, though he has no problem expecting answers to the ones he asks,”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »
Sam graciously took the cigarette back from Shae, she didn't seem to enjoy the cancer stick and quite frankly Sam couldn't blame her at all. She took another slow puff off her smoke as she listened to Shae cut the crap and get to the point. She liked that in a person and Shae was right Sam was a little upset over what had been said at the table. Sam thought she had hid her emotions quite well as she left the Bistro but it was obvious that wasn't the case. She looked at Shae with soft eyes, she wasn't good at talking with strangers let alone about someone she had only met once a few months before.

"Well," she started. "Mainly I was upset because erasing someone's mind to me is not funny." She took another drag of her smoke. "I mean, I have a discipline called dominate," she was slow to start. "Dominate is a combination of willpower, intimidation and manipulation. It affects the judgment and mental functioning of the target, so basically if I told you to walk off a cliff you would have to obey. Unless your will power is stronger than mine." She gave Shae a small sly smile.

"Also when I get older I can use Dominate to erase minds but for me I would never want to do that to anyone just for a joke." Jake said that one day she would have to do it if she was out feeding. Like Jake said, "We vampires have to hide their existence from the ignorant." For now when Jake and Sam got the time to hunt together which was rare, he would do the erasing minds thing. Jake told her that it would be a long time before she could use dominate but Sam kept that to herself.

"I do have one question Shae," taking a puff of her smoke, "Am I in danger for knowing Sa- I mean Keil's real name?" That was the question. Her next sentence was a statement. "And I'm not sure what you mean by him not being forth coming. When I first met him we asked each other questions, tit for tat he called it and I thought he was quite forth coming." Maybe in time Sam would know what Shae meant about Saraekiel not being forth coming but Sam thought he was forth coming, at least for now.     

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »
Shae leaned against the wall with her shoulder and she faced the young vampire and listened intently as she expressed her fear and her abilities, she frowned slightly as she became intrigued and a little worried after hearing about a vampires ability of mind control and manipulation. No one likes the idea of being mentally controlled or having their minds messed with and although she had no doubt she had a strong will and even stronger mental shield with a few protective mind tricks of her own, there is always someone stronger and better skilled then you and vampires she had heard only got stronger as they aged.

She smiled amusedly as Sam asked her if she was in danger. Yes she had a right to be worried…Saraekiel liked to portray himself as a pretty boy rebel with some small tricks up his sleeve when in fact he was deadly, an agent of chaos and ruthless. He was an angel and like most he though felt he answered to no one and acted accordingly. If Saraekiel had wanted her gone she would already be dust.

“No Sam…if he had wanted to do something to you, it would already be done” she said in a slightly amused tone. ”And he doesn’t exactly wipe people’s memories, he thinks leaving gaps in peoples minds tends to raise more questions than not, plus he doesn’t really have that power” she reassured Sam with another smile as she tucked her arms around herself. The temperature had certainly gotten chilly and she hadn’t dressed for a cold night and was starting to feel it. “All he can do is remove knowledge of his name from people…so they remember everything else, they just can’t remember his name; they’ll remember he had given it to them but even under torture, hypnosis, mind control or whatever, his name is unattainable. He completely removes the knowledge of his name from their minds. That’s why he gave you a drop of his blood…” She looked at Sam quizzically. ”Didn’t you feel the power in it? That power will prevent you from being able to say or think his full name…you know it but you will never be able to express it without his permission, no one else can get it from you, not by force or manipulation or by your free will. It’s his name you understand and he has complete control of it. Its why he is so paranoid over it and why from now on all you will be able to do is refure to him as Kiel” She said with a small shrug then tilted her head as she looked at Sam, wondering if she had any idea of the potential power names of such creatures granted someone and figured she probably didn't. Vampires were still human in a sense, becoming a vampire didn’t make them other exactly. Sighing softly she decided to try and explain. “Angels like the majority of supernaturals exist or originate on a different plane of existence and so like Fae and Demons and Elementals and Spirits and what have you, can be summoned and even controlled by someone who has knowledge of their true names. “ She said simply with a wry smile “ The fact that humans were given the ability to summon and control all creatures including angels was one of the reasons that angels revolted against heaven and why angels have a love/hate relationship with you/them.” She continued with a smile as her eyes crinkled and flashed with her amusement. “The fact that vampires were humans and seem to think they are now the top of the supernatural food chain really pisses them off.” She finished with a small chuckle as she pulls her coat tighter around herself.

“ As for Kiel being open handed with his questions and answers…” She said as she quirked an eyebrow at Sam. “Does he do so freely or is there always a price?” she asked with a wry smile.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »
Sam nodded her head at Shae as she explained if Saraekiel wanted to do something he would have done it already. This put Sams mind slightly at ease; she took a last drag on her cigarette before stamping it out into the ground with her foot. She intently listened to Shae as she explained Saraekiel had a lesser power than what Sam possessed. No one liked the discipline dominate and she didn’t blame those people, sometimes she didn’t like having the discipline herself.

Sam took a moment to think when Shae asked about her inability to think or say Saraekiel’s name, she almost said it a moment ago but out of respect she stopped herself and referred to him as Kiel. Sam listened to Shae explain the true meaning in a name, Sam knew all about that but she kept quiet and she let Shae speak. Sam had a massive book collection on the paranormal and the supernatural but once again she kept that to herself.   

Sam looked up at Shae with a small glint in her eye as she tried to carefully explain what she was feeling. She wasn’t sure if the blood bond had worked correctly or better yet maybe her won mind had warped the blood bond, after all she was born with a regular sized brain but the lobes within her brain were deformed. She hated her brain sometimes, nothing went as planned and there was always some sort of a hiccup. 

“I feel as if I still have the some free will to think or even say his name,” she started off in a shy voice, “But if someone I didn’t or did know asked for his true name I feel I couldn’t do it, even if I didn’t have this bond it’s not right to give out someone’s name. Why just moments ago I almost said his name in front of you but I forced myself to stop.” This was already starting to sound really bad.

“Perhaps this has to do with this thing,” she knocked on her head with a smile, “Perhaps we should discuss this with Sar- sorry Kiel. I didn’t think there would be complications with this blood bond.” This must have something to do with her brain; even Jake said at times said her disciplines could manifest in an unusual way. If Shae and Saraekiel were to trust her, this bit of personal information had to come out.

“Let’s go back before Kiel comes for us. Or better yet eats your food.” Sam took off her jacket and handed it to Shae, “Here, put this on before you freeze.” Vampires didn’t get cold anymore and she didn’t answer Shae’s question about a price, Sam already knew all knowledge had a price and some prices were smaller than others so Sam didn’t mind. Sam hoped by no answering Shae would know that Sam had a bit of a caviler attitude. 

“After dinner all of us will go for a walk and I will explain everything.” She let Shae take the lead letting her lead there way back to the table. “Did you miss us?” She directed at Saraekiel who she must remember to refer to him as Kiel from now on. “Oh by the way we have need to do an experiment after dinner.” She gave Kiel a smile but in the back of her mind she was thinking, you better not kill me ass hole.        

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 12:23:07 AM »
Saraekiel speared the last of Shae’s lasagne with the fork and popped it into his mouth. Fangs was right, it really was good and if Shae had been faster with her girl talk she could have found out how good it was too. Spotting the two women walking back towards him he grinned and leaned back into the chair with a self-satisfied smirk as he looked up at Sam.

“Miss you?” he asked in response to her query “ I was about to send out a search party, but got distracted by the lasagne….you were right Fangs, it was fantastic.” he said smugly as he looked up at Shae with an upraised eyebrow, fully expecting her to go into a tirade but turned back to Sam and quirked a brow at her.

“What kind of experiment are we talking about here?” he asked as he got to his feet, ignoring the scowl directed at him by Shae as she looked at her empty plate then back to him

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 01:28:47 PM »
Sam's hand slowly made it's way towards her mouth, her lips twitching furiously as she tried to cover her smile. Sam believed that Saraekiel, that feathery devil, was capable of doing such an act but poor Shae. Sam at least thought Shae would be a little more emotional over her food being eaten out from under her nose.

Sam put her hand down, "Well I'm glad you enjoyed that," drawing her sentence out. Not sure what else to say to the cheeky devil Sam turned to Shae.

"If you like Shae we could re-order it for pick up," giving Saraekiel a raised eyebrow. "And we can pick it up later." She hoped Shae wouldn't feel too bummed out. Besides Sam would even pay for Shae's food since Saraekiel pulled a dick move.

"As for you go pay your bill so we can get to the fun." Sam said to Saraekiel, her arms crossed and the corner of her mouth twitched. She was purposely ignoring his question about the experiment and the answer would come in time. In all actuality she was expecting him to just do a dine and dash, she wouldn't put it past him.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »
Shae  looked down at her salad strewn plate then back at Saraekiel and smiled pleasantly at him as she replied to Sams inquery. “ No it’s okay Sam, Kiel here can repay me by taking me to Echelon.” She said, smiling sweetly as she looked at Saraekiel with a sharp gleam.

“Echelon?!” Saraekiel almost hissed the word out. He had heard of the restaurant of course; who hadn’t? It had the highest price tag in the city and that was saying something. “Why in the name of all that is unholy would I want to go there?”

“You may not want to Kiel, but I do” she said haughtily as she flicked her hair back behind her shoulder “and it was my dinner you just scoffed like a starving street urchin, therefore you still owe me a night out.” She said as she raised an eyebrow querulously at the dark angel.

Saraekiel frowned slightly as he narrowed his eyes. “One lasagne does not equal a night out at Echelon. Why not just get take out like Fangs said?” he replied derisively..

“Because Pigeon” she replied with a slightly smug tone as she gracefully slid her hand against his cheek, tapping it twice gently. “ I do not do take out.” She finished, her voice dripping with amused satisfaction. Smiling she removed Sam’s jacket from around her shoulders and offered it back to her with her apparent amusement of the situation glinting sharply in her eyes.

Saraekiel exhaled sharply through his nose, huffing disgruntledly as he glared balefully at Shae’s turned back before storming past them both towards the exit.

“Aren’t you forgetting something my little peacock?” Shae called after him, her amusement now richly evident in her voice as she offers her arm out conspiratorially towards Sam so that they could exit the room linked together..

Saraekiel turned slowly, his smokey grey eyes flashing darkly at them from across the room. If Shae wanted to play games well that was just fine with him, he liked games but he played to win. He smiled slowly back at them.

“Oh?” He called back softly across the room “What exactly have I forgotten this time?” he asked as he raised an eyebrow at them

“The bill Kiel” Shae replied with just a hint of suspicion. She didn’t trust that look in his eyes.

Saraekiel spots the waiter walking towards them carrying the bill with a harried look on their face and smiled sharply “ Ah yes the bill…Sam did mention something about that.” He flicked his gaze between them and smiled again.” Maybe you should bring Fangs to our house…we can do this experiment there.” He said, his eyes heavy as his smile turned sharply up at the corners of his mouth transforming it into a mischievous grin. He turned and continued towards the door as the table he had just vacated turned into a pillar of fire behind him, the table cloth dripping crimson flames onto the floor..

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
Sam watched as the two bickered back and forth over the meal that Saraekiel had eaten. Sam graciously accepted her jacket back, putting it on but not zipping it up. These two were a weird pair but not in a bad way, they kind of argued like an old married couple.

Sam was surprised when Saraekiel put up a fight about going to Echelon, she thought that was his kind of place. Fancy, sophisticated and expensive as hell. Maybe something happened in the time that had passed between them meeting she never bothered to ask.

She was too stunned when Saraekiel mentioned the bill, before grabbing Shae's arm she pulled out her wallet and slapped some money on the table.

"There bill is looked after let's go." She grabbed Shae's arm not paying attention to what Saraekiel was about to do next. Sam exited the bistro and as she looked back through the window to see if Saraekiel was coming, she noticed the table they were sitting at was on fire.

Sam stopped dead in her tracks for a few seconds, holy shit that was unexpected. The whole bistro wasn't on fire but the staff scrambled to understand what just happened, most of them with confused looks on their faces.

"You naughty boy," Sam declared to Saraekiel as he exited the building.  Now moving along once again with Shae wrapped up in her right arm.

"As for the experiment it will have to be done in public. Perhaps one day I can visit your home." She said with a smile as she wondered what his house did look like outside and inside.

"For now we'll just walk the conditions must be perfect to do this experiment. I'll let you know when it's happening." She knew that Saraekiel liked to mess with peoples heads and in a way she doing it to him but politely.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 01:08:55 PM »
Sarakiel stopped and looked at Sam with an upraised eyebrow* “ my my look who is tying to take charge? It’s been a long while since anyone has had the audacity to give me orders.” He said with dry humour. “Somewhere public hmmm? Why is that?” He asked suspiciously as he turned slightly and looked back at the bistro they had just exited, yells of fright and confusion was wafting out and mingling with the night air. Smiling darkly he concentrated a little and suddenly their were screams of terror billowing out of the bistro along with smoke and small tongues of orange and crimson flames. It wasn’t a big fire and he doubted anyone would get hurt, not that he cared if anyone did. No…he didn’t to attract attention. Zoheret could hardly ignore this little show of power, not in her own territory anyway. He was tired of searching for her, let her come to him. If she didn’t well then…Maybe the area was in need of a new leader and he was more then willing to step up to the plate.

“ Fine , fine Fangs…we will do it your way this time…but not tonight hmmm.” He said as he turned back to her with an amused smile and arched eyebrow. “ I’d say this place has become a little too hot for any experiments tonight don’t you think?” Chuckling darkly he dropped the illusion of humanity he usually cloaked himself in and spread his black, crimson splashed wings and flapped them in the cool evening breeze  “ We live at Dark Haven Estate, let me know when and where you want to met up for this experiment Fangs” he said nonchalantly. “ In the meantime….have a good night won’t you.” Then with a few gusty flaps of his wings he flew up into the night sky and disappeared from few.

“ Shit!” Shae exclaimed softly as small flames started to billow out of the bistro behind her. She tuned to berate Kiel as to blink as he unfurled his wings and took off into the night sky.” Ummmm” she said softly as she looked at sam. “ if I was you I’d get out of here as quickly as possible. I doubt the fire will burn much longer….” She said dubiously as she turned back to the bistro.” I mean if he wanted to kill those people the place would be an inferno.” So saying the flames suddenly died and the staff of the bistro started to appear shortly after, coughing and spluttering onto the boardwalk. “ Mmhmmm” Shae said as she narrowed her eyes suspiciously.” He’s up to something…Time to fly I think.” She turned and smiled at Sam.” Twas nice to meet you Sam.” She said as smoke from the fire stated to drift around them. “ call me” So saying she quickly told Sam her number then smiling softly and using the smoke as a sort of cover she transformed into a raven and with a a few beats of her wings and a cawl she flew off after Saraekiel.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 01:36:49 PM »
Sam only smiled at Saraekiel when he made his statement about Sam taking charge, she wasn't trying to make it seem like she was bossing Saraekiel around. No matter, the statement had passed and she had missed her chance in answering Saraekiel. She then turned around as the confused people within the Bistro screamed while choking on the smoke. She just shook her head, what a way to make the night a little more exciting. After all Saraekiel was a Dark Angel, although to Sam he wasn't as bad as people made them seem to be.

Sam was about to detest to them about leaving, surely they could find another spot to test her theory out. Saraekiel took off into the night without warning, it was about the same time people started to pour out of the building and Sam was getting a little nervous. She looked at Shae who gave her words of wisdom, maybe it was high time they did leave before they were all identified. She gave Shae a nod and Shae gave Sam her number and she was shocked when she turned into a Raven and flew off with Saraekiel.

Sam started to run off in the direction that they two seemed to be flying, she was starting to get butterflies maybe she couldn't do this experiment, not yet at least. There relationship was new and she didn't want to push him away or have him kill her on the spot. She decided on her own that maybe she would wait for a better time.

She broke off from their flight path heading towards home, she would meet him again but when she did she would hold off her experiment for a better time. She was more curious about his mansion that he spoke of earlier and before he left her on the boardwalk. She would see him mansion but she would give him a few weeks before she contacted them again.