Author Topic: Peter And The Wolves  (Read 13423 times)

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: Peter And The Wolves
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 03:27:10 PM »
Keynigh had frowned slightly at the word accommodation, if he had remembered correctly their 'accommodations' was a jail cell, more or less. Werewolves had long gotten a bad rap for their curse, mindless killing machines and yes that was all true. However, if what Akasha has shown him perhaps there could be a different path, not a cure but a different way of life. Keynigh sat quietly with his thoughts, his outward appearance relaxed and reciprocating to Jakes statement.

"And the shifters? Who looks after them now? Saraekiel too?" His mental message soured speaking the Dark Angels name.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2019, 11:53:40 PM »
Jake was beginning to bore. He could've given Manuel an information packet or something, and since it looked like Keynigh was more than happy to have his clan ruled by his ancient enemy, there was little more Jake had to say. He decided to be polite and finish the meeting, and hoped his seeds might bear more fruit later.

"The same I imagine. Saraekiel has taken responsibility for all of those who live in the North, but otherwise I'd say the shifters are scattered."

The subtext was clear. You should find them.

The Dark Wolves weren't strong enough to take on Saraekiel yet, but perhaps with enough new blood Keynigh would remember his old hatreds. Jake decided to throw one last olive branch. He at least wanted to count the Dark Wolves as allies, and was willing to tend the tree, as long as it bore fruit eventually.

"There are those wolves of Clan Gangrel, who could benefit from safe woods to run around. Could I send them to you? You've already met Manuel."
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 03:49:10 PM »
Keynigh had hung his head in sadness, breaking his gaze for a mere moment at the young vampire's statement, the werewolves misunderstood and the shifters misplaced. Keynigh met the vampire's eyes once again, pausing in thought, should he share what he had seen with Jake, concerning the werewolves? Keynigh had shared some history of Averllin with Saraekiel; a bold move on his part. The feathery pigeon held onto his history with an iron fist, had Keynigh told Saraekiel everything he might have snapped. Not something he wanted to happen in the forest, even with Akasha present.

"I do not wish to seem rude I am not ignoring your request," suddenly realizing he had been quiet for far too long.

"Perhaps you can help me in a different way. In exchange, I'll allow the Gangrel safe passage and others from your district too," the Gangrel were not the only ones with special abilities. Having a safe place to practice would benefit both parties, perhaps some might even join the clan like Flick.

"Is there perhaps someway I can be a neutral territory, a safe haven of sorts? Even for werewolves-" abruptly stopping taking in a deep breath, this was taking a huge leap of faith.

"Perhaps I have the knowledge to a ritual that can help tame the rage of the werewolves, not a cure but perhaps some hope," his mental message was light, but it went dark quickly as he enforced the next point to Jake.

"The fact that I have the knowledge of this ritual must never be spoken of outside these woodlands. Understand?" Dark and serious seethed through his mental message.

If Saraekiel found out Keynigh could potentially take the werewolves away from him this soon he would not see it as an act of hope or kindness, Jake was a smart enough vampire to see that at least. Keynigh could get the woodlands to become independent of the North, he did not wish to lead a whole district. Keynigh only wished to grow the clan once again and provide a safe place, not one built on hatred and violence. Akasha has shown him a different way a life, a path of abundance and peace, a hope of a home once again.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 03:50:26 AM »
Jake was happy to see that Keynigh wanted to help the wolves. Jake had never been much good at it. It didn't mean he didn't care though, and he guessed the Dark Wolves were a better home for them then what Saraekiel could provide. It was a risk telling Jake of this, and Jake realized that alliances were built on risk and trust.

"I can't proclaim you a neutral territory," Jake answered somberly. "Only your district leader can do that."

All the more reason to get a new one.

"What I can offer you is friendship and a person to sit with you at the negotiating table and help you make your case. I will also keep your secret. Also, I will change my district policy to encourage the werewolves to come to you. I am glad someone is trying to help them."

And now Jake went for the jugular. "So Keynigh, leader of the dark wolves, are we friends this evening? Allies can wait until we've both proven something to the other, but I would like to start with friends."
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 10:59:22 AM »
"Acquaintances would be a good start. Your next visit should be more personal, bring family or a guest or come alone and let us go from there, perhaps I will know more about the artifact by then." His words caressed Jake's mind, soft and gentle like fingertips, not wanting Jake to feel rejected. It was not a no, but friendship was a strong word and they two were practically strangers.

"For now your district will be guests of our home, all I ask is that you stay out of the heart of the woods, that part of the woodlands is scared to us."

This was a good opportunity to see how the citizens of the Central behaved when given some freedom. The promise that the werewolves would be directed to Keynigh made him quiver with excitement, yet he stayed calm like a cucumber in front of Jake, this was a good start. Keynigh had felt much better about this meeting than he did with Saraekiel, but he was still nervous, power could corrupt even the loveliest of individuals.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2019, 03:52:32 AM »
Jake smiled curtly, feeling rather disrespected that he'd offered such help and been brushed off as an acquaintance. What did he have to do to make an ally in this city? Then again, he'd agreed to terms and had invited him back. Perhaps he was just a cautious old wolf, as well as a poor politician. Then again, considering some of the other district leaders perhaps he wasn't that poor of one. He rose to leave, slowly finding his feat. His face looked pleasant.

"Sounds reasonable," he said in reply. There. The deal was done.

"I hate to leave so soon, but I have an election to campaign for," he said. He'd wait to be dismissed before leaving.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 06:39:15 AM »
"I do apologize that I can not offer you anything additional at the moment," picking up on Jakes feeling of being slighted, "I look forward to another visit from you," the old wolf gave a smile through his teeth, best as he could in his wolf form.

"And I am no stranger to my own leadership being challenged," it had happened in the past when the pack was larger. That appeared to be just a distant memory until recently, a little flower of hope.

"I wish you luck on your campaign. Blessed be Jake I will not keep you," getting off his own haunches when Jake rose to his feet.

He watched the young vampire walk out of the woodlands, perhaps the rumours he had heard that Jake was a man of violence where somewhat off the mark. Keynigh thought he could pick up a military feeling from Jake and perhaps that was the misconception, civilians rarely understood war much less experienced its chaos that follows. It changes people one way or another, whether is be their life's own direction changes, a alignment alteration or personal relationships take a hit.

Once he had reached the heart of the woodlands he conveyed everything to his pack and what went down for the meeting, they would be having company and more prospects for the pack.

(END)