Author Topic: A visitor comes a calling.  (Read 26370 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
A visitor comes a calling.
« on: July 04, 2014, 07:12:54 PM »
(Reserved for Idrial)

With her hands placed delicately on the balustrade Shea leaned over the balcony slightly so that she might look down the drive way for her visitor. She hadn’t told Saraekiel Sam was coming for dinner, let alone that she was also staying for a few days. The surprise would do him good. He had been far too broody as of late and it was high time he pulled his head out. Shae smiled softly at the thought of her angelic friend then laughed softly as a gentle wind caused a few strands of her midnight locks to waft gently across her face. His reaction to her little surprise should be interesting at least. Sam should be able to handle whatever attitude Saraekiel decides to through their way, she had certainly showed spunk the night at the bistro, what was it…a month ago now, two? After two centuries it was hard to keep track of the passage of time. She trailed a finger along the cool marble balustrade as she took a few step along the balcony, her sleek, black, silk Jovani evening gown shimmered in the deepining light, the diamonds embossed along the outer edge of the lace nude panels that curled down her sides sparkled with cold fire as they caught the last of the light. She smiled again as she ran her hands down the gown. She might be over dressed but figured what was the point of owning such lovely things if she never wore them. She leaned against the cool marble column beside her and watched the driveway in silent patience and waited for her guest to appear as the gently breeze continued playing with her hair.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: A visitor comes a calling.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
Many troubling things had happened a little more than a month ago, it had been hard for everyone that had been involved in Sam's life. An evil man she never wanted to see again had escaped the very fortress Jake had taken care to build with perfection in mind; but it wasn't enough. She still didn't know the whole story of how Mitchelletto escaped, truth was Sam didn't want to know. It was bad enough he came back.

The drove east of the city in her small pick up truck to the Mansion as Shae called it seemed long and a little nerve wracking, it been a while since she stayed a place more than just one night. Now with her only working three days a week, one of them being more or less an tutoring class. It was weird after working at the now faded Risk she had her weekends off, she was still getting use to the change. Just like the change of spilling her guts to Jake about her sister, she still didn't know how he felt about her whole admission to him. However she decided not to bring up the subject about her sister being an angel with Kiel nor Shae, just about what evil roamed the streets. She would take baby steps with the delicate relationship the three seemed to share.

It was a very nice part of the city, it was still classified as a ritzy place but it somehow gave off a more nature vibe, somewhere calm and private. As she made her way to the address given by Shae whom was the one that talked to Sam initially, having no clue she Kiel did not know she was coming; the two lived together. She had bought a shit ton of groceries for the few days she would be there, she liked cooking even though she could not eat, but after seeing the front gates she wondered if the had any maids. The large gate had been opened by Shae yet she still couldn`t see the Mansion through the thick brick walls, she drove through not yet leaving as she locked the gates behind her as Shae had instructed.

She was amazed at the estate that they both had owned, it was secluded from the world and that reminded her of back home. The woods was a nice touch and it soon came to a clearing where Shae stood on top of the balcony. She did not honk her horn but rather waved at Shae from the truck, nice dress she was wearing and still somewhat shocked at the lovely home that the two shared. She hoped to have a something like this one day, similar but not quite the same. Parking her pick up truck in the cul de sac that surrounded a fish pond at the front entrance, the quartz dragon was a nice touch.

Sam seemed a little under dressed compared to Shae, she wore a bright red boxy blouse with a pair of black leggings, a pair of softened red open toed shoes laced her feet. They only thing she had remotely pretty was the hair clip, she chose to wear her down tonight. A Rosie Midnight Purple Feather hair clip that held the right side of her hair back just a little, giving her hair a feathered look near the hairline. She hopped out of the truck and started to grab the groceries as she waited for Shae and eventually Kiel; wherever he was to make their way down to the front entrance.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 06:01:01 PM »
Shae smiled and waved back in welcome towards Sam only to raise a thin feathered eyebrow as the young vampire jumped out of her truck and started unloading what appeared to be bags of groceries.

“I’ll be right down” She calls down to Sam as she leans over the balcony slightly. “And don’t worry, the Pigeon isn’t here at the moment” She finished with a wicked smile before turning away and goes to exit the balcony doors only to stop and smile again. “What am I thinking?” she exclaims softly before turning back towards the balcony and jumps off, only to turn into a raven and with a few flaps of her ebony wings and a smooth glide she lands on the front steps and returns to her human form.

“ Welcome to our humble home Sam” She says as she walks down the few but broad curving steps towards the Vampire.
“I’m glad you could make it.”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 07:55:35 PM »
Sam thought it was a little odd that Kiel was not present, at the moment.The two seemed inseparable, maybe they had a fight? That part remained unclear, she hoped Kiel was just out on a nightly stroll. She hoped to see him at some point in the night.

Sam had all the bags looped through her arms when she turned around. Catching a brief glimpse of Shae in flight, she was such a graceful being. Landing softly like a feather in free fall Sam couldn't help but smile at the shape shifter. Sam used her foot to shut the ajar truck door with a solid thunk. All those bags strung on her arms looked heavy but indeed they were not for the fledgeling.

"I thank you for having me," she said in a humble tone. This was the first time she had been invited to their home and she wanted to make a good impression.

"I thought I would make you guys a nice dinner over the next few days, as thanks for inviting me. It's the least I could do for you guys." Walking up to Shae unhindered, bags rustling in her arms. She would grab her over night bag later from the small truck.

"Now, where is this probably massive kitchen?" Implying Sam's awe with this beautiful mansion that Shae and Kiel shared together.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 11:45:08 AM »
“Oh it is entirely my pleasure, I’m just glad you could come” She replied as she watched Sam carry all the grocery bags as if they were nothing, deciding her help wasn’t needed she so smiled brightly at the vampire before her.

“ A home cooked meal, now that is a treat. Kiel tends to bring back whatever he last passes on his way home, or we go out. The kitchen is this way.” So saying she turns around and walks back up the steps, the diamonds on her evening gown flashing brightly as she waves her hand and telekinetically opens the double-arched, glass and dark wooden panelled entry doors before her.

Evening light falls across the white marbled floor enhancing the light grey veins that weave through the marble giving one the impression of smoke tendrils floating along the floor. Warm red oak panelling covers the walls breaking up and complimenting the marble flooring.  The arched windows and crystal wall sconces enhance the illumination created by the crystal domed ceiling of this grand foyer.

With a wicked smile blooming across her lips Shae turn around to Sam “Welcome to my parlour” she says with amusement.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 05:10:42 PM »
"Well I hope he doesn't waste his money tonight," feeling good about the choice she had made to show her gratitude. Besides it wasn't everyday that she was invited to a mansion.

As Shae turned the doors opened with a flick of her hand. That puzzled Sam, she thought Shae was a shape shifter? They were not known for their telepathic abilities, much less telekinesis. Perhaps over the next few days she would learn more.

Climbing the stairs and making it through the large and magnificent looking archway doors, which were combined with glass and dark wood. She emerged into the largest grand foyer she had seen yet. Her footsteps slowed almost to a crawl, taking in the master craftsmanship of the room. Eyes bright with curiosity she could only imagine the rest of this place. Even the marble on the floor, she almost felt bad stepping on it. It looked so gorgeous.

"Shae, this place... I can not find the words. It's not what I imagined, do you and Kiel live here all by yourselves?" Her head slowly twisting and turning around the room as Sam tried to take it all in.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »
At hearing Sam’s compliment Shae couldn’t but help look around to admire her home too. It was a Haven, a Sanctuary albeit a dark one.

“Thank you Sam, in fact it was my parents’ home and was left to me at their deaths.” She stopped as the memory of their murder overwhelmed her for a moment, overcome she closed her eyes as old grief swamped her, filling her with old rage and despair. Taking a deep breath she calmed herself and turning smiled at her guest.

“Naturally there have been changes, like the glass and the crystal domed roof above us which has been enchanted so as to allow invited guests such as yourself to walk around without harm during daylight hours.”  Turning again she offers her back to Sam showing off the open back of her gown, the black silk a fine contrast against her creamy alabaster skin.

“Allow me to continue the tour as we make our way to the kitchen” Her hips sashaying with every step, she indicates a room viable through the open door on the left. “ to the left is Kiels receiving room and directly opposite on the right is the library” She says as she indicates the room with a sweeping gesture of her hand as she makes her way to the back of the foyer and the large glass wall finishing off the room offering the grand view of the large inside pool landscaped to appear like a garden oasis . “Now I’m not sure you noticed but the place is built in a horse shoe shape with the foyer being the central part, so the left corridor” She says as she once again turns to smile and address Sam” Will take you to the grand dining room and kitchens, whilst on the ground floor on the right side contains two guests suites, a gaming room, theater room, lounge and gym. The pool inside pool can be accessed by either the left hand or right hand wings as can be the formal garden and lake access. “She says warmly. “ the grand stairs goes up the upper level where there are more guest rooms, Kiels and my rooms, my personal library and studies. Feel free to pick which ever guest suite suits you. Now, why don’t you lead on to the kitchen so we can drop off those groceries and then we can get you settled in. As for you question.” She says with another smile and wink “Generally yes, we tend to live alone.”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 12:46:43 PM »
Sam studied Shae's posture carefully, learning Shae has inherited the mansion through the death of her loved ones. Sam could feel the tinges of rage in the air, the heavy waves of sadness lightly rolled over Sam. Over the last three and a half years Sam had become sensitive to emotions because of her discipline Presence. She could feel basic emotions, happiness, fear, anger, sadness and excreta without any problems. Although more complex emotions such as confusion or embarrassment were a little harder to pinpoint, however that would come with experience and age.

Sam kept quiet about her own parents and sister being murdered, a drunk driver. She understood Shae's feelings but she didn't want this to start off dark and dreary. The moment Shae was having seemed to have pass as the she smiled at Sam, continuing her description of the mansion. Sam followed in awe, some of the buildings in the city had something similar to the glass Shae had installed here. However the glass Shae had was much more beautiful, complimenting the mansion itself.

Shae pointed to rooms with a wave of her hand, left to right with a brief description. They had a wicked pool and she didn't even to think to bring a bathing suit. Telling Sam interesting facts of the way the building had been built in horse shoe shape and how the foyer was the center of the place. She could not wait to see the upstairs, she felt very privileged to be staying here for a few days. She nodded to Shae and took off towards the kitchen, eager to see what it looked like too.

Walking in through the door she had to stop and stare, she could not wait to start cooking in this kitchen. Placing the groceries gently on the counter, then gladly returned to Shae's side. "Lead the way I'm dying to see the rest." A curious smile danced on her lips.       

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 09:43:21 PM »
Shae watched as Sam placed her groceries on the counter and seemed to take a moment to admire the kitchen. She looked around and studied it with little interest since cooking held no interest to her, after all why milk the cow when you can hire someone to do it for you. Still she couldn’t help but admire the gleaming metal and cool marble countertops. If you are going to have something; have the best. As kitchens went it was a beautiful state of the art, modern kitchen.

“Well I suppose the question is where would you like to stay. In one of the lower floor guest suites or one of the guest suites near Kiel and I” She asked Sam with a curious lift of a feathery eyebrow and a friendly smile.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »
Placing a hand above her lips, her thumb straddling the side of her cheek. Did she want comfort or adventure? She took a moment to answer Shae's question.

"Well... I think I'll go with a little adventure." Removing her hand to reveal a satisfied smile, her arm gently returning to her side.

"I'll stay in the lower guest room. Even if I get lost it'll be fun." She gave Shae a little chuckle.

The house from what Sam had seen so far was full of tasteful culture; antiques and art that a museum would be jealous of not having in their own collections. Sam was eager to follow Shae into more sections of the mansion.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 09:47:26 PM »
Shae smiled patiently as Sam seemed to take her time deciding which rooms would suit her

“A first floor suit then. Hmmm” she said as she tapped a finger against her cheek. “In that case follow me” with that she turned quickly and lead the way across the hall and into the dining room. The dining room was quit large with a darker feel due to the dark heavy dark wooden table and chair which were polished to a high sheen. The rest of the room consisted of a buffet serving bench and a large ancient looking china cabinet. The room was also filled with a plethora of candelabra and candles including a small chandelier above the table itself. The far wall of the room was made of glass and gave the impression of the outside coming in due to the fact that it led into the indoor swimming area and the tropical oasis like garden.

Shae turned and smiled at Sam as she slid the glass door open and offered for Sam to go first with a gesture of her hand

“The room I am thinking of is at the back of the house but has its own entrance into the pool and garden area so it would be quicker to go this way rather then back to the foyer and around”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 04:15:09 PM »
Shae moved with the grace of a high noble through her mansion. Full of pride as it was evident in the way Shae carried her shoulders. Her parents must of been educated and had an eye for culture. A shame she too lost her parents; both knowing the familiar feeling of emptiness.

Sam really liked the dark wood that lined the dining room but two more in the mansion caught her eye. An antique china cabinet and a buffet serving bench. Was there big dinner parties hosted here in the past? One could only imagine from the layout of the place.

The craftsmanship of the glass architecture was amazing. Scanning over the pool, still a minor bummer Sam didn't think of a swim suit. Her eyes sparkled with delight at the oasis. Various shrubs, flowers and trees. Some Sam recognized and some she had never seen.

"Thank you. I'll keep this short cut in mind," her voice could not hide her wonder. She stepped through the glass door, the oasis reminded her of home. It may not have been exactly like back home; rolling fields of endless green or the thick brush trials. But it brought a joy to her heart.

"You have a remarkable collection," complimenting Shae in an awed tone.

Sam definitely could get use to hanging out in this room. Maybe later when Shae and Keil slept, she could come back and sketch the plants she did not recognize. Something to keep herself amsued while they retired for the night. Sam did not expect both Shae and Kiel to stay up with her. After all she had an entire different sleeping schedule.

The bedroom it seemed was not far off from the oasis, moving to the side for Shae. Paying good attention to certian items in the house as makeshift landmarks. Her bag was still in the truck as she only grabbed the groceries. Hopefully everything would stick in her head.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 10:33:21 AM »
Shae looked around the room and oasis with a critical eyes at Sam's words, looking at it with almost new eyes and couldn't help to feel pride. This was her home, her sanctuary and she loved it.

"Thank you Sam, it has been awhile since i have had the pleasure of showing it off. We don't entertain much as I'm sure you can guess" she said as she looked at Sam and smiled. But then she frowned ever so slightly as she looked Sam over and couldn't help but think where this waif of a vampire fit in. She liked the girl/woman in front of her. She had spunk and sass and was quite bright. She hoped Saraekiel didn't plan to just use her then throw her away like he did to so very many.

"Now that your here maybe that too will change. I certainly hope so anyway" she said with another smile before she looked up to the crystal ceiling above them

"We have turned the oasis into a kind of green house so there are fruit trees and exotic flower throughout. Feel free to explore and swim whenever you want. The ceiling is charmed like the foyer"

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 09:15:22 AM »
Sam did not see the frown on Shae's face, her eye's wandered over the different species of plants. Sam nodded at Shae's words as she thanked Sam. The small stall of silence between them went unnoticed. A sorely missed feeling in her heart rose looking at the oasis. Sam missed the country life and it was evident on her face for a moment. Then it slipped from her thoughts as Shae spoke up.

She did a little spin towards Shae, "I'll come as often as you would like me too," she replied in kind. Looking upwards after towards the ceiling with Shae afterwards.

"I didn't think to bring a swim suit. But, I will definitely take you up on the exploring part." Sam beamed with delight at Shae. Sam felt honored to be in a such a place and would treat it with the utmost respect.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 06:45:13 PM »
“Swimsuits…?” Shae asked with amusement rich in her tone.” Sugar I am way too old to bother with such body shame.” She said with a smile as she flicked her gaze over Sams body “ and you are far too immortal to keep such prehistoric attitudes. Swim whenever you want love and do it as free as you were born.’ She finished with a soft laugh.

“ Now let us go to your room, then you can get your stuff and we can meet back at the kitchen where we can sit and…relax…” Shae said with a small smile simply because it had been a long time since she had sat in the kitchen like a normal person and just chatted whilst someone cooked for her.

With a small sweep of her gown she walked past Sam and headed to the other side of the oasis, following a winding trail. The path was filled with exotic flowers, orchids and trees, small seats lined the path and could be seen scattered throughout the greenhouse, poolroom, oasis. She finally led Sam to a small garden patio with the garden, although there was no fence the area was clearly marked with carefully placed stones, plants and chaises and a table, stepping past these she slid a mirrored door aside offering Sam a look into her suit.