Author Topic: A visitor comes a calling.  (Read 26316 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: A visitor comes a calling.
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2019, 03:18:01 PM »
Saraekiel rolled his eyes at Shae's revelation. Normally he would have become angry as his business was his business, but unlike practically everyone else he was acquanted with he trusted Shae explicitly and it also helped that this information could help rather then threaten him if it got out.

"Well" She exclaimed with barely contained glee as she tossed the last of the leaves in the steaming pot " After our meeting on the boardwalk I got really sick and tired of all this name stuff. So one day when he was in the library downstairs I did a summoning spell using his name. It didn't work, then i went down stairs and tried stabbing a voodoo doll inscribed with his name on it, in front of it. It didn't work"

She turned and smiled sweetly at Kiel "Did it Pigeon?"

"Call me Pigeon one more time and I swear the next time you shift shape I will collar you with silver and sell you to a pet store" he replied with a playful tone, his eyes however said he meant every single work as he smiled ever so sweetly back at Shae

She looked at Sam and rolled her eyes slightly before continueing. "We fought over my so called deplorable actions for a week or so and then he admitted i was right and we haven't mentioned it since"

Saraekiel grounded his teeth as he chopped up the celery and radish and imaged what Shae would look like as a pillar of flame. Maybe it was time they split for awhile, before he did something she would regret. "I never said you were right, ever"

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2019, 05:21:10 PM »
Sam listened in awe and shock of Shae trying to summon Kiel by his true name. It was obvious Kiel was extremely annoyed by Shae's little antics, however, he did share a tidbit of useful information. Could Shae not shape-shift if she had silver on her person? That was more interesting that Kiel's true name, which obviously held no effect. The wheels in Sams' head were spinning, perhaps there was a reason.

Walking over to Kiel as he ground his teeth, her silver eyes gazing at him. "Perhaps there is another reason, " her tone wise and thoughtful.

"Maybe becoming a Dark Angel freed your bonds from your true name. Besides, you will always be Kiel to me." Kiel had always talked about how much he valued his freedom. Maybe she would get a chance to talk later and ask a few questions, to understand him better.

"And no more experiments on him, " giving Shae a playful smile. Turning her back to find a frying pan and another pot. Sam needed to start cooking the rice and hamburger.

She did not want Kiel to leave but would not blame him if he did. She would bring him supper and even let him eat in peace if he was still not up for company. Sam could wander the house throughout the night or visit with Shae until he was ready to talk.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2019, 12:06:35 AM »
Her lips twitched at Sam's admonishing suggestion, she so wanted to make a joking comment but she could sense she had pushed Kiel to his limit and so let it go. She trusted Saraekiel and they had a mutual respect for each other, well she assumed he respected her as far as his natural arrogance would allow but he was also a Dark Angel and she could only push or take the banter so far. In fact she had sensed that they were rubbing each other the wrong way too much as of late and maybe it was time they took one of the much needed breaks one from the other, but that was going to have to be a private conversation between themselves some other but not to far in the distant day.

"So what can I do now" she asked Sam instead, referring to the cooking.

Saraekiel considered Sams words and agreed with her, not that he would tell her that. Saraekiel was his real name, but it was the name he chose when he fell and as it was the only name he considered as identifying him he had thought it would be the same as his Creator given Angelic name. After the shock oh Shae's experiments had worn off, the fact he had been wrong was one of his happiest moments thus far. it meant even more freedom for him. no one could chain him or command him with his name.

"And you will always be Sam to me" he said in response to her comment "Now, tell me what has been happening in the city now that the Oligarchy has been disbanded" Enough games he figured. It was time to get down to business.