Author Topic: In Search of Answers  (Read 23446 times)

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
In Search of Answers
« on: August 02, 2017, 08:23:13 AM »
"I am still trying to wrap my mind around this, Arutha. All of that happened just last night? It just boggles my mind." Kevla said with a small shake of her head. Upon waking her brother had told her an edited version of what had happened the previous night. "Still it makes sense that we are now here and yet what made you think of disguising Kit in a backpack?" She asked amusedly as she sat across from her twin in a corner of the library. Said twin was apologetically letting out said cat out of his bag so that he could sit at the table with the rest of them.

This morning had started out quite bizarrely but she couldn't begrudge the look on her twins face when he had come to her door all exhilarated and with an equally excited Naoise in tow. So then there of course had been the rush to get ready and then a quick run to the corner store for snacks before carefully putting Naoise inside of one of her larger backpacks.

Arutha shot his twin a small scowl before concernedly looking back at Naoise as he let him out of the bag. "It was the only way that I thought that we could be all in here together." he said half grumbled out at her amusement. Still for all his grumbles it turned to worry when he looked back at Naoise. "Are you okay, Kit? I accidentally didn't hurt you, did I?"
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Answers
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 01:54:34 PM »
Naoise stuck his head out of the backpack and sneezed twice as he cleared his nose of the many conflicting scents that comprised of the myriad belongings that had called Kevla’s backpack home before his adventurous sojourn with in it.

*Nay Arutha, you did not harm me* he answered with wry amusement *Infact I think you could have carried a hen and her unhatched chicks within that well-padded cavernous bag and they would have arrived fine and hale. Using it was a brilliant idea*

With a final shake and sneeze he escaped from the backpack. Moving so that Arutha and Kevla gave him as much cover on the tabletop as possible he looked around the library with interest.

*Well…*He said as he studied the rows and rows of shelved books and the lines of computers around him *this looks nothing like the libraries I used to know.* he finished with just a touch of awe. *Where do we start and what are we looking for?*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
Arutha visibly brightened at Naoise's words. He had tried be as careful as he could carried the other in the bag without arising any suspicion. An from the looks of it, it had paid off. "Thank goodness." he said relievedly. "I know that I was taking a chance when I came up with that idea, but I am glad you are okay, Kit." he said warmly as the other escaped from the backpack and he set it nearby.

Kevla had to raise an eyebrow at her brother's reaction. Hmm..this was interesting. She hadn't seen anything quite like this look on his face since Micah was with them. Maybe there truely the start of something there? Only time would tell but she had to hope for her brother's sake.

" Well I think that maybe we should start with the metaphysical books and then go to folklore. For there might be legends about similar accounts to what happened last night." Arutha suggested thoughtfully after a moment or two.

"Sounds like a plan. I'll snoop around in local history while you two are working on that." Kevla said softly.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 01:48:11 PM »
*We might also want to check out, shamanism, Native American mysticism, Tantric Healing and dream magic. See if they can shed some light on this* Naoise added as he slinked onto one of the padded chairs and made himself comfortable.

* I don’t know whether I will be much help in the actual searching of the library but I can make a good guardian for the table at least* he said as he stretched out his paws and kneaded the cushion beneath him with his claws.

In truth Naoise wasn’t quite sure what to make of Arutha and Kevla’s abilities but he leaned more towards that they had inherited it rather then it was a recent natural development. Still anything was possible and recent or inherited they needed to learn how to use and access what they had, books could help them explore what worked and what didn’t and then an actual teacher would be handy. One step at a time though was the best way forward in his opinion.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 12:18:06 PM »
"All of those sound like good ideas." Arutha said with a small nod before smiling as he looked over at Naoise. "I mean we have to start somewhere right?" he said a little playfully, watching as the other made himself home on one of the padded chairs. This simple but slightly strange sight made him want to smile. He couldn't quite place the exact reason why but he liked it.

Kevla had to chuckle at Naoise's comment. "That might be true but you have to know more about this stuff than we do. So when we bring the books back to the table, you can help look them over. And then maybe with a little luck we will be able to figure out what this all is." she said with a small smile.

"Speaking of which, have you seen anything like this in all your years happening?" Arutha had to ask. It had been something he had been wondering about ever since he had woken up that morning.

Meanwhile off in a nearby corner, Kieran paused in his own studies when he thought thast he had heard Arutha's voice. This alone made him get up from his chair. For last he had heard, his cousins had been in England for some reason or another.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 06:08:23 PM »
At Kevla’s suggestion of him looking over the books, Naoise stopped his intense kneading of the cushion beneath him and tilted his head. *Actually yes that may well help move things along Kevla, its certainly a better idea then me curling up here and stuffing myself on snacks anyway…you did bring snacks right?* he asked worriedly before he popped his head over the table and looked at Arutha.

*Anything like the intricate control and manipulation of the dream last night or anything like the abilities you and Kevla are currently manifesting?* he answered in response to Arutha’s question *Either way the answer is yes* he finished with amusement *but everything comes down to personal ability and then training. What we need to find out is what training techniques resonate with you both and which path of teaching can best lead to a result like last night.*

Psych continued to watch the intriguing trio from the gap between the book on the bookshelf he was hiding behind. He had seen them come in but hadn’t shown any interest until he had seen the cat climb out of the bag. Who brings a cat to a library and why? Besides he could use the distraction and hopefully they could make him forget his own worries for now.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 12:40:38 PM »
Kevla had to give a small laugh at the worried look on Naoise's feline face. "Wow, Kit. Now I know what you are really concerned about, your cute furry stomach." she said a bit teasingly.

Arutha stuck his tongue out lightly to his sister before looking back at Naoise. "Don't listen to her, Kit. I've got you your snacks and plenty of them." he said brightly as he lifted up the bag that he had gotten at the corner store and put it up on the table. It was only to nod a little at his answer. "Basically yes to all the above. Though I have to wonder when and where you have seen such things. I guess that I will have to file that under the unanswerable category as of yet." he said with a small shrug.

Kevla had to snort at their banter before frowning as she could have sworn that someone was watching them. So she scrunched up a piece of paper and tossed in the direction of the eyes. If anything it might scare off whoever it was and make her feel better at the same time.

Kieran was just swinging around the corner as he saw the paper zoom over head. Okaaay? Now this was interesting. He smiled as he approached his cousins. "Hey guys. I thought that I heard familiar voices."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »
*It’s not that unanswerable Arutha…* Naoise was saying just as Kevla threw a ball of scrunched up paper in the direction of some shelves barely missing the guys coming towards them from around the corner. Confused and feeling cornered he narrows his emerald green eyes as his hair stands up along his spine and he starts to emit a low feline hiss

Psych’s eyebrows rise slightly in surprise as the new guy enters the group only to jump back as the unseen scrunched up ball of paper hits the books he was peeping through. His lips twitch with amusement and figuring he was caught he walks around the bookshelf,  picks up the paper and brazenly swaggers over to the people at the table. He gives the newcomer the once over before turning his eyes to the trio he smiles broadly as he holds out the balled paper.

“ I believe this belongs to one of you. Littering is seriously frowned upon in the library” he said with a mock frown as his eyes land on the obviously agitated cat “Animals are totally fine tho, I’m sure” he finishes with a broad smile, his eyes dancing with amusement. This was a lot more fun than hanging out at the shop with Shiobhan.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 06:41:39 AM »
Arutha was just about ready to say something else, but this disappeared out of his mind as Kevla all of the sudden threw a was of paper. What the hell? He had to wonder as it hit a nearby set of shelves. Though at Naoise's low hiss, he instinctively moved almost in front of him as if to protect.

Then weird of all words, their cousin Kieran came around the corner with a smile. So he could calm down but he didn't. Naoise wouldn't just hiss at nothing. "Hey...Kieran." he said distractedly as his cousin jumped out the way.

"Hey, what the hell was all that about?" Kieran asked looking at both of his cousins in askance just as a very confident looking guy comes swaggering around the corner.

Flushing a little embarrassment , Kevla looked back at the other's. "Hey Kieran. I'm sorry guys I threw that because..." she trailed off just as she saw this man swagger his way around the corner holding said was. Ah ha! She knew it. She had felt eyes and now there was this man.

"That would be mine." she told him firmly. as she held out a hand for the paper ball. "I though that I felt someone watching us but wasn't entirely sure. So I had to throw it." she added only to look back at Naoise and wince. They were caught too, shit.

"No, but please don't rat us out." Kevla made herself ask, even though she don't want to. After all who was this guy? Could he eve be trusted?

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 03:00:34 PM »
“Rat you out?  For what…some tossed paper ?” asked Psych incredulously as he turned his storm tossed gaze to Kevla “I’ve tossed worse than that in church on a packed Sunday service. Those self-righteous, holier-than-though sermons will make you toss your breakfast and then some let me tell you.” He said with a playfully wicked grin “Although it wasn’t my breakfast I threw at the priest .“ He finished with a cheeky wink.

Naoise startled slightly as Arutha stepped around and in front of his chair, it was so naturally protective that Naoise couldn’t help but feel warmed by it although the action itself was totally unnecessary if anything the ones needing protecting were Arutha and Kevla.

*Arutha…* he sent along their telepathic link *I love looking at your ass and no doubt I could look at it all day, clothed or not but dearest could you please move slightly so I can see the new comers and did you call one of them Kierian? That’s your cousin isn’t it? You and Kevla were talking about him last night weren’t you? Does he often come to the library?* he asked as he tried to peer around Arutha’s hip so he could see the new comers and assess them

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 03:51:26 AM »
Kevla let out a breath and shook her head at the man's question. "No, not for that." she started to say only to try not to laugh at his description of what he had thrown at church. Well this was quite interesting as well as funny. For a second it made her wonder just what kind of adventures this newcomer has gotten into. "I meant for our feline friend here. We wouldn't have brought him if we didn't need him." she explained. "I apologise for the introduction but my name is Kevla. This is my brother Arutha and our feline friend Kit. Then that's our cousin Kieran." she said lightly gesturing to each person.

Arutha's face lit up slightly in a blush as the compliment. "Kit!" he half protested. "Why must it always be about my ass?" he asked in a embrassed mumble as he reluctantly moved aside. He then nodded at his question. "Yes he is. He is a columnist for a magazine." he told him before inclining his head at his sister's greeting.

Kieran couldn't help but look extremely confused as he could have sworn that he had heard another voice just before Arutha spoke back. It couldn't have been that cat. Could it? "Dearest...ass..just what the heck have you two gotten yourselves into?"

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 01:14:03 PM »
*It’s not just about your ass,  I enjoy…* Naoise was saying in response to Arutha only to his his fur stand up in shock at Kierans confused response. *What? He can hear us?* he said in Kevla’s and Arutha’s mind * You can hear me? * he repeated tentatively towards Kieran.

Meanwhile whilst Naoise was having his mental heart attack Pysch strutted towards the table and pulling a chair our he turned it around “Nice to meet you all” he said as he straddle the chair. “I’m Psych" He stated with an air of casual simplicity. "So…”  he continued with curious amusement “What do you need a cats help with in a library? Unless you’re planning some kind of cat burglary” he asked with a sardonic grin "Althoug I’m pretty sure there isn’t anything worth stealing in this library.”

Psych flicked his sea coloured eyes around the group with curious amusement. What a strange group they seemed and he knew some people were mad about their pets but for the life of him he couldn’t think of why anyone one would go to such extremes as to smuggle a pet cat into a library, talk about separation anxiety. Not that he was one to overly judge eccentricity was the spice of life and these guys had certainly peeked his interest.

“I have to say tho” he continued as he settled his gaze on Naoise “That is an extremely large and cute cat” he said as he stretched his hand towards the animal. “Hey Kitty kitty . Whats its name” he asked as he continued to stretch his hand out to pet the creature only to raise an eyebrow and draw his hand back in startlement as Naoise's fur bristles and stands up on end.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 11:42:51 AM »
Arutha's blush brightened a fraction at Naoise's comment. Then his jaw dropped at Kieran's confused question.  "Holy hell! You can hear, Kit. Can't you?" he asked him. His cousin had always a certain knack for cats as snakes. Up until now, he had written it off as just that, but maybe with their current abilities it was more.

Kieran nodded, eyes wide. "Yes...I just don't know why. I've never heard animal thoughts before. I've only gotten feelings off of cats before." he said with a thoroughly baffled look. Just what on earth had they gotten themselves into?

Kevla's eyes widened a fraction at the scene between Kieran and Arutha. Holy crap! It looked like things just got that much more complicated. Still there was this newcomer to deal with. She just hoped that he turned out to be someone they could trust in spite of his seemingly cocky nature.

So she turned her head to look back at Psych with an akward smile at the question. "It's nice to meet you, Psych." she said
softly. "As for your question, the answer is more than a little crazy sounding. Our cat is not a cat even though he currently looks it. He is a man trapped in that form by a spell. The name we call him is Kit." she explained while trying not to wince at how bad it sounded.

Then of course the man tried to pet him. "I'm sorry about that. He doesn't like being pet by anyone other than my brother."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 10:13:20 PM »
Psych's eyes opened wide as he leaned back in shock at Kevlas sudden explanation before he turns his gaze towards kit and looks at him anew. “A guy you say? “Quickly overcoming his shock he leans forward and looks at Kit with interest “So you’re cursed?” he asked curiously. “Who by? “He then turns his eyes back to Kevla when an answer doesn’t come quick enough “Do you know who cursed him?” he asked with burgeoning excitement.

Psych couldn’t help but feel curious at the extraordinary situation he suddenly found himself in. Curses were not new to him; he knew many people from many different works of life had the ability to create and implement such acts of power, human and non-human both. Nor did he find the idea of sitting in front of a man cursed into a different form to be impossible. No if there was one thing he had learned from living in the city as long as he had it was that the extraordinary tended to just walk around the corner right in front of you. The impossible wasn’t the extraordinary occurrence, it was finding those with open eyes and minds to see and appreciate it that was the rare oddity, the miraculous, the truly extraordinary occurrence.

“Wait…” he turned his gaze between the four before him before focusing on Kieran and Arutha ” You two can hear him…as in like telepathically?”
He looks back at Kevla with amazement “ They meant telepathically right? Cause I’m pretty sure I didn’t hear him speak.”

Gripping the back of the chair with his hands he leaned and grins broadly, no longer able to suppress his excitement. “This is so damn cool! I gotta tell Shiobhan…or not” he finishes as his excited grin falls from his face and he sighs heavily in resignation.

Naoise looked at Kieran in utter shock and bewilderment as he admits to been able to hear him. He hesitantly starts to form a small telepathic probe to send to him to see if he could actually talk to Arutha and Kevlas cousin when he hears Kevla tell this stranger their secret causing him to whip his head around and look at this guy as he sits back in shock.

He tries to form coherent responses to his questions but the only thing that forms in his mind as answers are strange squeaking sounds or more like a softly whistling tea kettle, either way he was having a small mental meltdown at the sudden spot light that had been shone onto him and his life. In response his fur bristles as his ears turn and lay almost flat against his head and a low yowl issues from his mouth. In total shock and completely out of control, pens, paper and snack start to vibrate then levitate slightly above the tables surface as Psych finishes prattling on and sits there with a grin spreading across his nosy face.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 03:53:28 AM »
Kevla had originally said what she said in order to maybe make Psych go away. Her thought was that he would think that they were crazy and just move on. Now in hindsight she should have known better. Everyone and everything in this city was not what it seemed to be. So the odds were against her from the get go. Still this might work out for the best. For they might get some help in their search for answers regarding their own abilities as well as to be able to help Kit.

"That part is complicated. Hence our need to come here to do some research to get more answers." she explained just as her twin looked at her with a 'what the fuck?' look. She shrugged back at him. What was done was done. Now was the time to deal with the fall out. Still she was curious as someone called Siobhan was mentioned. "Though who's Siobhan?"

With huge eyes, Kieran nodded at the question. "Yes I can hear him in my head." He didn't know quite what to make of the situation but he was interested on finding out why.  His eyes got bigger as he heard the strangest sound as everything nearby started to vibrate and levitate.

Arutha angrily looked at his twin as she blurted out their secret. Honestly what the fuck? What the hell was she thinking? She didn't know that they could trust this overly confident man. Experience told him that there was always more to a pretty face be it for good or ill. 

So at Psych's question he shortly nodded just before his jaw dropped at Kit's reaction. Shit! It wasn't that he could blame him for being like this after his sister was an idiot. So he acted quickly and reached out a hand to try and soothe Kit. "Breathe Kit. Just breathe. I'm sorry Kevla's an idiot. Come back to me." he murmured gently as he lightly tried to touch his face.

Kevla's face filled with guilt as she saw Kit's reaction to her blurting.