Author Topic: In Search of Answers  (Read 359 times)

Offline Seragil

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Answers
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 06:04:08 PM »
Psych watched in amazement as items began to float in front of him, and at Aruthas words he quickly flicked his gaze at the growling, brisling cat.

Naoise shivered beneath Aruthas gentle touch and with each stroke his breathing became slower and slower until his mind cleared and his breathing returned to normal.

Psych opened his mouth to start asking more questions when all the levitating items fell back to the table with a small plonk of noise except one chocolate candy bar which, after a slight narrowing of Naoise’s eyes; flew across the table towards Psychs face at an almost alarming speed.

The candy bar hit with a loud slapping noise and with enough force to cause Psychs head to whip back slightly causing Naoise to purr with satisfaction. He hated being surprised and he hated even more for people he didn’t know to pry into his business.

“What the Fuck?!” exclaimed Psych loudly as he rubs the spot between his eyes before glaring incredulously at Naoise. “Did you just whack me upside the head with a fucking candy bar?” he asked as he carefully swabs his face with his fingers, his forehead farrowed with an agitated frown as he checks his fingers for any signs of blood.

Looking around the table Naoise's feelings of satisfaction quickly turns to shame and embarrassment. He had let his shock of both Kieran's abilities and Kevlas quick trust of this stranger rattle and overwhelm him.  * I am sorry * he said along the telepathic link * that should not have happened. I generally have better emotional control that that and I shouldn’t have exposed my abilities like that either. I certainly shouldn’t have used my abilities in a petty state of pique. If you could please apologize to our nosy newcomer for me I would appreciate it. And I apologize to you as well Kieran* he sent towards Arutha and Kevla's cousin incase he could still hear him. *This must be a total shock for you and extremely confusing to say the least.*

Naoise sighed slightly, this was not how he imagined this day to go. Still even though he was sorry for his outburst he couldn't help but feel more then a little amused either as he watched Psych continue to rub and dab at the spot the candy bar hit him

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Answers
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 04:59:37 AM »
Kevla’s guilt grew as she saw the items around them rise higher with every growl that escaped Naoise. She didn’t know what to say as she met Psych’s amazed gaze. For this was too strange and honestly too crazy of a sight to be able to deny. Now she hoped that her risk would pay off.

Arutha ever so gently pet Naoise, his hand soothingly moving over his face and then his back. His own was a mask of worried concern as he slowly felt the man calm back down and the telepathic sound to dissipate. Even though he was still pissed at his twin, his main concern was the man before him. “Yes that’s it. Good.” he whispered to him.

A second later he had to have an involuntary laugh when Naoise purposely flung the small candy bar at Psycho’s head. “I’m sorry to laugh but Kit is a very private person and he wasn’t expecting my twin to reveal all our secrets to a stranger. To be honest neither was I.” he told Psych before shooting a half glare to Kevla. Even though he didn't quite like the man or know him, he didn't want to get off on the wrong foot.

When Naoise apologized, he reached out to try to gently pet him once more. “I would but I think that Kevla has got it. As for you just try and rest. I want to make certain that you are okay.” he said softly but protectively.

Kevla contritely frowned but then nodded at Arutha's words and Naoise's subsequent apology. “I’m sorry about that Psych. So is Kit. I was the one that stirred the pot. I know how Kit is and yet I did it anyway. I thought that maybe somehow you might be able to help, even though it was quite risky.” she said.

Kieran had to stifle a giggle at the candy incident. Even though his mind was still a whirl. This was quite funny, especially the look on Psych’s face when it smacked into his head. Still he had to shrug at the apology. “No worries. It just goes to show that anytime that I’m with my cousins. It is never boring. I’m just still amazed that I can hear you. I've always had a certain knack with cats but for this...juat simply wow."
"It is a man\'s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran