Author Topic: In Search of Answers  (Read 23430 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Answers
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 06:04:08 PM »
Psych watched in amazement as items began to float in front of him, and at Aruthas words he quickly flicked his gaze at the growling, brisling cat.

Naoise shivered beneath Aruthas gentle touch and with each stroke his breathing became slower and slower until his mind cleared and his breathing returned to normal.

Psych opened his mouth to start asking more questions when all the levitating items fell back to the table with a small plonk of noise except one chocolate candy bar which, after a slight narrowing of Naoise’s eyes; flew across the table towards Psychs face at an almost alarming speed.

The candy bar hit with a loud slapping noise and with enough force to cause Psychs head to whip back slightly causing Naoise to purr with satisfaction. He hated being surprised and he hated even more for people he didn’t know to pry into his business.

“What the Fuck?!” exclaimed Psych loudly as he rubs the spot between his eyes before glaring incredulously at Naoise. “Did you just whack me upside the head with a fucking candy bar?” he asked as he carefully swabs his face with his fingers, his forehead farrowed with an agitated frown as he checks his fingers for any signs of blood.

Looking around the table Naoise's feelings of satisfaction quickly turns to shame and embarrassment. He had let his shock of both Kieran's abilities and Kevlas quick trust of this stranger rattle and overwhelm him.  * I am sorry * he said along the telepathic link * that should not have happened. I generally have better emotional control that that and I shouldn’t have exposed my abilities like that either. I certainly shouldn’t have used my abilities in a petty state of pique. If you could please apologize to our nosy newcomer for me I would appreciate it. And I apologize to you as well Kieran* he sent towards Arutha and Kevla's cousin incase he could still hear him. *This must be a total shock for you and extremely confusing to say the least.*

Naoise sighed slightly, this was not how he imagined this day to go. Still even though he was sorry for his outburst he couldn't help but feel more then a little amused either as he watched Psych continue to rub and dab at the spot the candy bar hit him

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 04:59:37 AM »
Kevla’s guilt grew as she saw the items around them rise higher with every growl that escaped Naoise. She didn’t know what to say as she met Psych’s amazed gaze. For this was too strange and honestly too crazy of a sight to be able to deny. Now she hoped that her risk would pay off.

Arutha ever so gently pet Naoise, his hand soothingly moving over his face and then his back. His own was a mask of worried concern as he slowly felt the man calm back down and the telepathic sound to dissipate. Even though he was still pissed at his twin, his main concern was the man before him. “Yes that’s it. Good.” he whispered to him.

A second later he had to have an involuntary laugh when Naoise purposely flung the small candy bar at Psycho’s head. “I’m sorry to laugh but Kit is a very private person and he wasn’t expecting my twin to reveal all our secrets to a stranger. To be honest neither was I.” he told Psych before shooting a half glare to Kevla. Even though he didn't quite like the man or know him, he didn't want to get off on the wrong foot.

When Naoise apologized, he reached out to try to gently pet him once more. “I would but I think that Kevla has got it. As for you just try and rest. I want to make certain that you are okay.” he said softly but protectively.

Kevla contritely frowned but then nodded at Arutha's words and Naoise's subsequent apology. “I’m sorry about that Psych. So is Kit. I was the one that stirred the pot. I know how Kit is and yet I did it anyway. I thought that maybe somehow you might be able to help, even though it was quite risky.” she said.

Kieran had to stifle a giggle at the candy incident. Even though his mind was still a whirl. This was quite funny, especially the look on Psych’s face when it smacked into his head. Still he had to shrug at the apology. “No worries. It just goes to show that anytime that I’m with my cousins. It is never boring. I’m just still amazed that I can hear you. I've always had a certain knack with cats but for this...juat simply wow."
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 11:06:06 AM »
“Hmmmmm” grunted Psych uncertainly as he flicked his gaze around the strange group he had stumbled into. He certainly didn’t think he would stumble into this kind of mess when he got out of bed this morning. Reaching his hand up he gave his face one more rub before sighing deeply. “Fine, it’s fine. Truth be told I have no one to blame but myself. I’m far too curious for my own good” he said before leaning over and picking up the offending candy bar.  With a wry smile he ripped the top of the wrapper off and bite into it with relish.

Naoise also sighed as he watched Psych pick up the candy bar and tear into it instead of getting up and stomping off as he had hoped he would. *Well I guess he isn’t going anywhere* he sent sardonically to Arutha, *and I am sorry for being such a drama diva* he continued as he fondly battered his head against Arutha petting hand. Ignoring the candy munching Psych for the moment he focused his attention on Kieran.

*So, Kieran* He sent out on a psychic thread that all three could hear. *Can you give us any answers about your family history that could explain yours and your cousin’s abilities? *

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 01:38:13 PM »
Kevla had to smile at the ease of Psych's reaction. For all this strangeness that she had helped to heap on him, he acted more interested than put off. It was something that she was grateful for. For maybe they finally had another ally in this bizarre city and world they had now found themselves in. "True but it is stuff like this that makes life interesting as well as worth living." she said before chuckling at how heartedly he started to eat the candy bar.

Arutha shrugged a bit at Naoise's words. "It would seem so, but maybe this could be a blessing in disguise. For he might know someone who could help us." he gently pointed out as his fingers continued to pet him. He understood the danger of trusting a stranger especially in this city, but maybe this would work. What could he say? He was an optimist about this but he wasnt sure as to the why exactly. "As for being a drama queen, it's okay.  It's not your fault. You were taken by surprise by Kevla's big mouth. I'm just glad that you're better now."  he said sincerely before focusing his attention on his cousin at Naoise's question.

At the question Kevla turned her head to look at Kieran as well.

Kieran lifted his eyebrows as he suddenly had the attention of the majority of the table. "Well, I don't have much. When first presented with my listening ability and these two their ability to move things, I dug into what I could for our history. What I was able to dig up was that five generations ago a female ancestor of ours had an affair, but there was no information as to the who. Though it wasn't a normal one. There was an article that I found detailing her disappearing as a young girl and then reappearing 3 years later with a child in tow, looking  like hardly any time had past. There isn't much more than that. For there was a fire. So a lot of the records were missing."
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »
Psych smiled cheekily at Kevla “Interesting? Ha, things like this can get you killed, or hunted” he said with a teasing wink, although he said it jestingly he knew from harsh experience just how true his words were. As the group grew quiet then started talking almost disjointedly between themselves he sat back and followed the interesting conversation with his eyes, guessing the cat was asking questions he couldn’t hear.  At the mention of the siblings and Kieran’s abilities his jaw dropped slightly which he promptly shut with a snap.

“Ummm?” he said as he raised his hand with a little wave, his forefingers and thumbs sticking up and the last two fingers closed and curled downwards. “You guys have abilities too? And what do you mean listening ability?”
Felling a little unsettled for the first time since joining the interesting group his tail and wings twitched causing his glamour to shift slightly before settling tightly around him again.

Naoise was busy listening to Kieran when he caught the slight mystical ripple around Psyche out of the corner of his eyes. Turning his head and his full attention towards the irritating human he narrowed his eyes and really looked at him, magically as well as physically. 
At seeing Psych for the creature he was he yowled in surprise before arching his back and hissing loudly at him
*Beware! * he sent to the group *He is a pretender, He is not even human *

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 05:00:36 AM »
Kevla inevitably shrugged a bit at that. Psych had a definitely good point and they had paid the price in the form of Arutha's fiance, Micah. Or this is what she had suspected, but she wouldn’t say it. For Arutha needed the closer that would come with finding out what happened to him. “That is sadly true enough she said softly.

Kieran flushed a bit embrassedly at Psych's question. He had thought that the man was aware of what they were. He didn’t know why he had thought so. For they just met the man, but there was just something about him that made you want to try to trust. “Yes we do.” He admitted. “My gift is an affinity for cats and snakes. In essence I can hear their thoughts.” he began to explain before looking at his cousins in askance. Though just as he did he saw the strangest of flickers in the man's appearance.

“Yes we do.” Kevla started to confirm then the alarm filled yowl filled her mind.

Jumping in surprise at the sudden hiss, Arutha's eyes went wide and he frowned deeply as the need to protect his family rose in his veins. There was no question that Naoise was apart of it now  As a result, the table started to rattle a little. “What are you?” he demanded, looking quite ready to rumble.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 09:58:11 PM »
Psych stiffened in his seat and tried not to let his breath escape in a soft sigh as he felt everyone’s eyes turn on him, their sudden suspicion beat against his psyche like a dove’s wing made of steel, sharp, scratching and unforgiving.

“Umm” he said as he watched the table start to rattle and move. “Will a dashingly good looking, cute, nonthreatening, world wise, brilliant, dreamy eyed male, suffice as an answer?” he asked sheepishly, his lips twitching as he tries to suppress his natural tendency to ease or escalate tense situations with humour and witticisms. Arutha’s question was a serious one, to reveal oneself was an act of trust, especially in this city where ignorance was a sort of safety blanket…. well the ignorant were also fodder but still. Knowledge was power in this city and currency more oft than not.

He flicked his gaze around the group and released his pent-up sigh. They had told him some of their secrets, fair was fair and he kind of liked this motley group he had stumbled into, maybe, just maybe they could become friends. Time will tell he though as he looked around the room assessing their privacy and once he was assured they were alone he let his elemental weaving drop around him, his long white hair lifted and floated around him as if in a gentle breeze as he revealed his black and purple bat-like wings with a soft flap and ripple. His long-pointed tail curving up over his arm and down the back of the chair like a serpent.

With a saucy wink he wrapped himself in illusion once again making himself look like an ordinary, good looking 26-year-old. With a small smile playing over his lips he folds his hands under his chin as he looks at everyone from the top of the back of the chair with a raised brow.

“ Ta Da”

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 04:56:52 AM »
At Psych’s sheepish question, the table rattled a little further threateningly. Arutha would get his answers no matter what. Or so he thought. He wasn’t about to let anything happen to any of his family for trusting someone they shouldn't.. There was no question about Naoise being part of that.

Kevla's jaw dropped as Psych's disguise dropped for just an instant. She had heard of other creatures in the city, but nothing quite like him. “Oh wow.” she breathed as she took him in. For whatever he has, there was no denying the beauty that she saw there, but the problem was more times than not in this city beauty wore a cruel face. Still to his benefit, he showed them when asked, a level of trust seldom seen in people only known this long.

Kieran’s jaw was right on the floor with Kevla's when Psych finally revealed himself. “Holy shit.” he said just before the illusion that had been on Psych before resumed.

Arutha's eyes widened at the same sight the others saw and stepped once more in front of them to try and protect them. “I’ll ask again. What are you?” he asked once more. There was certainly protectiveness in his voice but also there was a sort of curiosity. It was the curiosity that came with being faced with something new.

“Easy guys. I know that this is a bit of a shock but he hasn’t hurt us and I don’t think that he will.” Kevla tried to say calmingly before focusing back on Psych. “You won’t right?” she asked softly. "I know that it sounds silly based on what we've already told you but I have to ask." she said softly.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 03:41:44 PM »
Naoise narrowed his emerald coloured eyes as Psych dropped his magical defenses and “revealed” himself to the group. The creature did it with aplomb and a look of ease yet Naoise suspected how hard it must have been for him, in truth Naoise almost admired the annoying bat-winged brat. In every situation Psych had taken things calmly and treated everyone with respect. In fact if anyone had acted brat like it had been himself. He watched as everyone around him turned their gaze towards Psych and decided instead of reacting maybe he should act like the nearly 1000-year-old creature he was, and so studied Psych with his own metaphysical skills and ascertain for himself if Psych had any nefarious intentions towards them. After a mere moment he relaxed and sent a psychic message to those that could hear him.

* He is fine, he means us no harm, although I suspect he could bedevil the devil himself. Dagda safe us* he finished with a resigned sigh.

Psych raised his brow again as Arutha stepped protectively to the forefront of everyone as if he were a danger or a monster come to ravage the innocent village folk. The thought made him smile slightly as it invoked an old memory of when he was about 90 years old. He hadn’t long been summoned to this plane and as such had not learned to weave the shadows. He was traveling with his mistress at the time and they had stopped for a few days at a small village for rest and provisions. The last night of their stay was a full moon and so he skipped out on his mistress and went skinny dipping in the river. Naturally he was spotted, and the villages thought he was a witches’ familiar summoned straight out of hell. How right and wrong they were. Mass fear and hysteria had ensued and the massacre of all those innocent girls that followed in its wake still rankled and as such he had never returned to Salem to this day,

Sighing sadly, he turned his face, so his cheek was laying on his hands and with a smile filled with regret and sorrow he looked at Arutha with his storm coloured eyes.

“I am an imp” he said simply and quietly before looking at Kevla. He really liked this one, her fire and spirit blazed bright and underneath he felt was a person who wanted to laugh and have fun and he really thought Shiobhan could help them. It sounded from what he could gather from their conversation like what they needed was a knowledgeable practitioner of the arcane, a reliable one, one that could be trusted. Still Shiobhan liked strangers as much as this group seemed to and trusted them maybe even less…and with reason.

Still he suspected what was to come and so readied his legs to stand up so when they asked him to leave, he could simply move and walk out.
He smiled at her albeit with sadness. “No, I mean you no harm

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 01:20:55 PM »
Arutha felt like he was mere moments from fighting when Naoise had uttered his warning. Now when faced with something all together new, he felt unsure of his earlier determination, but he still wanted to protect them. Psych's revelation had been more than a shock and yet now looking at the man he didn’t get the feeling of a threat. To be honest, he found himself agreeing with Naoise as he heard him. He had a feeling that if he truly was they wouldn’t be there talking like this.

When his sister intervened on Psych’s behalf, it sealed the deal. So he bit his lower lip. “It would seem like I owe you an apology, Psych.” he said a bit awkwardly. “Its just this city. It puts you on guard, you know?” he asked, glancing down at his hands for a second before looking up at Psych again. As he did, he tried to lightly pet Naoise’s back. It was a comforting gesture for him as well as his feline friend.

Kieran unlike his cousins was less wary but more curious as all hell. “An imp as in from hell?” he asked, leaning forwards excitedly. He wanted to know more and to be honest this was the most fun that he had had in days. And besides this would give him just that much more to write about even if no one would believe him.

Kevla smiled and nodded, the tension draining out of her as Arutha calmed down. She didn’t like to fight and somehow she felt like he could somehow help them. Though when Psych rose to his feet, she shook her head slightly. “Thank for easing everyone's fears, but you don’t have to go.” She said gently.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 10:00:01 PM »
Naoise stretched and arched his back, pressing his fur into Arutha’s hand as he petted him, a low purr of contentment rumbled gently from his mouth as he butted his head against his hand, forgetting Psych for just a moment he turned his head and rubbed his check tenderly against his stroking palm as flashbacks of the dream entered his mind, images of kissing his way down Arutha’s body, of the feel of him pressed naked against him, as memories of the dreamscape flashed through his mind his purr become louder and louder.

So lost in the memory was he that for an instant he lost control on the psychic link, letting loose flashes of what he was remembering.

Psych stopped short from taking that first step away from the table and turning his head slightly he looks at Kevla, his eyes searching her hunter green ones “If you are sure.” he says softly in response to her invitation to stay, before smiling slightly and retaking his seat.

Acceptance of himself was not something he was exactly use to. Sure, people tended to smile and be polite but ultimately there was usually a catch in his experience. Still Shiobhan had helped to be less jaded, there were good people in the world, maybe, just maybe this could be an extraordinary day and he had found a group of them.

Still smiling slightly at Kevla he turns and looks at Kieran

“An Imp yes but not from hell” he said with a slight bite to his words. Bloody demons, how he hated being associated with those brainless cretins “We reside on a totally different plane of existence from your local hellish residents. Imps are fae not demonic” he finished for clarification.
He was about to open his mouth and say more when a flash of a naked Arutha and a black haired, equally naked man entered his mind.
“What the?” he said softly as he blinked in shock, unsure as to why he was suddenly having fantasies of Arutha and an unknown guy.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 02:16:57 PM »
A soft smile spread itself across Arutha's face as Naoise stretched and pressed his soft feline body against his hand. He could never get enough of this simple feeling. The silken fur beneath his fingertips reminded him of how he thought his companion's raven hair might feel like. His own mind drifted to when he first saw the gorgeousness  that was Naoise's human form. Damn…now that was a breathtaking sight he thought as Naoise's purrs both comforted and enchanted. As a result his own fingers traced their way back to his face, taking care to search beneath the chin.

As the other's mind drifted, so did his own. And for second, he thought he thought that the fantasy was his own.

Kevla couldn't help but smile more as Psych resumed his seat and nodded again. “Yes, I’m sure.” She said sincerely. “Also it's not as if you meet an imp everyday, let alone our silly group.” she said a bit playfully. Now that their immediate concerns had been seemingly dealt with, they could truly get the answers they were looking for. Also she could get to maybe know their new found friend.

Kieran's eyes widened at the slight bit to Psych's words. “I’m sorry to I offend. I am a writer by nature and I love to research new things “ he said apologetically. He hadn’t meant to come across the way that he had, but sometimes he was just a little to curious for his own good. “Wow…a fae.” he started to say just as the strangest images popped in his head. “What…the fuck.” he said, glancing at the others in askance.

As the images popped in her own mind, Kevla shook her head as she tried to figure out what was going on. “Oh…oh….” she started to say, looking at the others before settling on Naoise. Something in her gut said that this had to do with him.“Kit….is this you?” she asked a bit awkwardly.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 11:17:41 PM »
.“Kit….is this you?”Kevla’s question reverberated throughout Naoise’s trek down erotica lane as Arutha’s skilled fingers stroked and teased the sensitive skin beneath his chin. Confused and feeling trapped between two places he peered at the room through a sliver of sight as he cracked an eye open, a flash of emerald the only sign he was even paying the room and the people in it any attention.

As the room slowly came into focus and the memories of his and Arutha’s dream-scape slowly faded, he became embarrassingly aware that his psychic link was also open. Overcome with self-anger and embarrassment he slips into his native Gaelic and hisses at himself yet broadcasts around the room

“Is mhallacht é mo shaol agus na déithe gortaithe dom i gcónaí.”

Taking a deep breath he stills and steadies himself and yet where once he would have pulled away and into himself when he found himself in uncomfortable or dangerous situations he found himself leaning harder against Arutha’s hand

Unsure as to apologize or just ignore the situation he decides to try for a little of both

*Ummm yes well...* he sent to everyone, his mental voice suddenly thick with an Irish brogue as it tends to get when he is unsettled. *Shall we just get on with the matter at hand?* he finished looking down at his paws.

Psych sat back with sudden amusement as he realized by Kieran and Kevla’s reaction that wasn’t the only having sudden images of naked men flashing through his mind. At kevla’s question he turns and looks at the miniature panther like house cat purring madly beneath Arutha’s attentive hand and grins broadly.

“Not that I don’t mind a little hot love scene now and then, I think that was slightly oversharing” he said jokingly before his eyes opened in sudden realization. “Wait that was you and Arutha? When….” He asked Kit before he tilted his head slightly and looked at them both. “I thought you were cursed, when then were you human? Is this curse thing like recent or something? “ he asked suddenly all focused once more on the metaphysical rather than the ( to him anyway) insignificant romantic physical he just had a glimpse of.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 04:56:22 AM »
Kevla's words filtered through Arutha's mind and he found himself glancing at the others, seeing their reactions. His face reddened with embarrassment as he looked back at Naoise. “I thought that was my own… fantasy, Kit.” he admitted with a small shy smile. It was flattering to see just a little of what his companion wanted to do to him and at the same time it made him wonder just how it would be in real life once the collar was gone.

“But that was the other part of the dream…wasn’t it?” he guessed softly, fingers moving back up atop Naoise's head.

Kieran's eyes widened at that and he flushed a bit. If there was one thing he hadn’t expected to see today was one of his cousin's going at it with an extremely hot guy. “Damn…I think that might be for the best.” he agreed with Naoise's attempt to move on from the embarrassment.

Kevla swallowed and nodded. “I would definitely concur with that. I think that we've all seen just a little too much today.” she said looking back at Psych. Yup, she definitely wanted to get that sight of her head, no matter how pretty it was. There was something's that one just didn’t need to know about one's own sibling.

Arutha blushed a little brighter at the others extra attention and shook his head at Psych's question. “No, from what little I have been able to gather it's been a lot longer than that since the curse was enacted.” he answered softly. “As for what you saw, I think it…might be part of the shared dream we had last night.”

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 04:43:28 PM »
At Arutha’s words Naoise lifted his head and looked at him, his emerald eyes filled with a wry mirth. * it was after you “left” Mo grá, it was to give me hope I think, to remind me that I am more then just this form, more then what this curse would make me into. The dream became ... extremely interesting* he sent to Arutha privately before turning to look at the group as Arutha addressed them.

*I ... I cannot help with this discussion Arutha* he sent with a sad sigh *If you all want to go down that track you will have to talk as if I am not here*

“Well it certainly seems like you two had a very interesting dream” Psych said with a cheeky grin “but I think I can talk for the rest of us when I saw there are some things that you should keep to yourself if you don’t want to scar everyone around you” he finished with a small chuckle. He then turned and looked at Kieran.

“Before we continue please allow me to apologize” he said with a smile. “I didn’t mean to snap when you asked me if I came from Hell, it’s just that we Imps are often mistaken as demons and or called demons. It... it is a sore point with us” he said with an apologetic shrug, “but I am happy to answer whatever questions you wish” he offered with a friendly smile.