Author Topic: In Search of Answers  (Read 23375 times)

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Answers
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 02:49:51 PM »
Arutha lifted his eyebrows as he met Naoise's emerald orbs. There was surprise, temptation and a deep yearning for what he had just glimpsed, but not just for the reasons why one would think. Sex with him once freed would be incredible, but as he looked back at him he wanted more. He wanted to love and be loved in return. So he focused to try to keep his initial response private between them. *I can tell that it was and it makes me wonder how it would be like just…us. Dream or not.*he admitted with a light blush.

He then nodded a little, remembering all too keenly how the collar had punished Naoise when he had barely even mentioned it. *If you hear anything that you can say something about, please speak up, Kit. And in the mean time I’ll just keep on petting you.*
Arutha couldn’t help but blush a little further at Psych's cheeky words and nodded as his fingers continued their gentle path over Naoise's coat. “That's true enough but that is also why we are here now looking for answers.” He said softly.

Kieran’s eyes widened with surprise at the apology. To be honest, he hadn’t been expecting that, but it made it smile nonetheless. “It's okay. To be honest sometimes I am a little too curious for my own good. So I apologize for being a little too nosy.” he said warmly. ‘Though as for questions, I could ask you a million, but first where is fae or faerie? “ he curiously asked.

As for Kevla, she couldn’t help but amusedly smile at the others interactions. “Before we get off track, don’t forget guys we are here to do some research.” She gently reminded.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 03:04:20 PM »
*Petting is a marvelous idea* Naoise sent privetly back to Arutha and butted his head against his hand. *I too yearn for the day I can be myself fully, and not just because I want to be free of my cursed jewelry. I want to be able to live a full life with you. * he said simply

Psych smiled widely at Kevla, his storm-tossed eyes alight with bemused amusement. “What exactly are you guys trying to find here?” he asked as he gestured at the surrounding books before looking at Kieran and grinning again. “ Faery is everywhere, it is the closest dimension to this plane and therefore your world has a large effect upon it. Faery is made up of many different planes and dimensions, the sidhe live the closest to yours which is why there are so many ways to enter their realm and for them to enter yours. Mine is further away so consequently it is a lot harder for my kind to enter here and almost impossible not to mention extremely deadly for you to enter ours.” Due to kevla’s words he refrained from mentioning the only way his kind were able to enter this plane was to be summoned and ergo become indentured to the summoner if they wished or were made to stay.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 04:51:16 AM »
Arutha couldn't help but smile at that and slide his hand behind Naoise's ears to gently scratch before moving to his cheek. *Then I shall keep on doing it until your heart is content.*he said with a small wink on their private channel. He couldn't help but feel his own lift with joy as he then listened to Naoise's sweetly honest words. For they made him feel so warm inside. *We will get there, Kit. We just have to wait a little while longer, but in the mean time we can get to know each other better.* he promised.

"Well answers as to why we are how we are. Also any answers as to why Arutha and Kit had their dream that they had." Kevla honestly replied, lifting an eyebrow at her twin and Kit's sudden silence. "I know that it is a long shot, but we thought that anything could help. Finding Kieran here, did help, but it is only scratching the surface." she added.

Kieran nodded slightly at his cousin's words. His eyes widened with curiousity as he listened to Psych's explanation of Faery. "That makes sense given all that I've read about legends. Also it does chime with the multiple world theory." he said, shrugging slightly at Kevla's attempt to redirect the conversation back to why they were there in the first place. "Still how did you get here? Is it something about this city?" he asked, "I'm sorry I'm such a nerd for mysteries."
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 09:38:52 PM »
*Yes I would like that too Arutha* Naoise sent back as a feeling of contentment settled over him. He looked up at the man petting him and felt something he hadn’t felt in a very, very long time, hope.

Psych smiled as Kieran continued to fire questions at him but he was also aware that Kevla at least wanted to get back to her original task so he answered as best he could without getting into too many details.
“ I like was summoned here by a spell, it is how most of my kind get to come to this plane and yes I believe the woman who summoned me decided to settle here because of the area if not the city itself.” With a smile because he could already tell Kieran was just going to fire more questions at him, so he raised his hand indicating to wait and to stop. “The woman who summoned me died a few centuries ago, I have been here ever since.” He finished before turning to look at Kevla.” I suggest you look into your family history rather then the library to help point you into the direction of why you have more than basic human abilities, maybe find out where this ancestor disappeared and reappeared. It might help give a clue as too who or what was in the area at the time. As for the dream…” he turned and looked at the man and cat who seemed lost in themselves at the moment, his eyes appraising and questioning. “I think they know the why, don’t you?”

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2019, 12:23:47 PM »
Kieran raptly listened to Psych's answer. His fingers itched to take alot of notes, but he himself back for the sake of politeness.

Kevla glanced over at her brother and Kit at Psych's comment. Seeing them interact made her wistful and sort of oddly sad. Still there was no denying what laid between them, cursed collar or not. "Point taken on both points, Psych." she said softly. Damn he was right on both points. Though for as annoying as that was she found herself enjoying his company as strange as he was. Still it wasn't like she was one to talk.

"We'll check out those angles probably after we leave here. Still this trip isn't a total loss. I mean we met you and we ran into Kieran. So I guess we can shift our focus a bit back to Kit's curse. I mean there's all sorts of things we might learn here about that sort of thing." she said with a small smile.

Arutha paused in his petting as he felt the other's eyes on them and he reddened lightly. He hadn't meant to get so carried away with Naoise but looking back into the emerald eyes it was honestly hard not to. "Hey Kit I think we have a bit of an audience." he said gently before looking back at the others, "Sorry guys."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2019, 11:27:24 PM »
Psych watched Kevla’s lips move as she spoke and couldn’t help smiling as he continued to admire her. As Arutha spoke he blinked a few times and acting as if he hadn’t just started day dreaming about the man’s sister, he got down to the business at hand.

“What do you know about this curse?” he asked before looking at Naoise “Well it’s your curse what can you tell us? Who did it, is it a spell or an item or both?” he shot out rapidly before continuing “A curse usually ends with the caster, so you know, why not just…” and pantomimed someone having their throat cut.

As Psych spoke and started asking his questions at both Arutha and himself, Naoise quickly blanked his mind and filled it with white noise, effectively cutting himself off from the conversation at hand in the hopes of not waking and activating the collars predictive reaction to the current happenings going on around him.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 01:05:41 PM »
Kevla blinked a bit as she finally noticed Psych's extra attention. Did she have something on her face? She couldn't help but wonder with a bit of embrassment. She inwardly shook her head as a thought dawned on her and her face reddened.

At the mention of the curse again, Kieran leaned forward, excited to hear what was next in this mystery that he found himself in.

Arutha restarted up his lightly petting as he listened to Psych's questions. He glanced at Kit and bit his lower lip. He had to be careful how he answered him. For he too easily remembered how vindictive how the collar could be. "I'm sorry but he can't talk about it. It's an aspect of the curse itself." he began to explain. "You see it lies within his collar itself and it is in a way sentient. It will respond angrily to any active attempt to remove it." he wanted to say more, but wasn't certain how much the collar would allow. So he grabbed a piece of paper and wrote on it before pushing it over to Psych.

It read, 'Kit isn't even his real name. When we first met, both my sister and called him Kitty. As for the collar it is capable of electrocuting him quite violently if it thinks that he is trying to get around it. From what little I can gather if I somehow find out what his true name is, I can take it off of him.'

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 10:30:54 PM »
His fingers tapped the back of the chair as he listened to Arutha, his eyes opening wide a little in surprise. The type of curse afflicting the cat-guy was more intricate and complex then had assumed. He picked up the piece of paper Arutha slid towards him and after he read it he turned and looked at the cat with shocked soft horror.

“That … this. How truly twisted an evil” he said for he could relate to the horror of being bound and entrapped. He had been lucky for the woman that had summoned him had been a kind and caring mistress, but he knew so many who had that type of power over others tended not to be.

“So does the curse also force him into this animal form and if so why that of a cat. Mayhaps the form of the beast is a clue to the curse?’ If it was then maybe the curse was related to one of the many cat deities or feline related creatures, he thought to himself. The Sidhe he knew could be very creative and vindictive with their curses

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2019, 12:54:17 PM »
Arutha slowly nodded at Psych's words. "That it is. I suspect that the collar is more than just a cursed object. It's too smart not to be." he said solemnly, remembering all too clearly how much it had tortured Naoise for the hell of it. He couldn't let it happen again. His fingers paused as he thought before moving over the soft fur of his head.

"The choice of cat is due to him some variation of feline shifter." he started to say before once again writing on another piece of paper. He had to otherwise the collar might perceive it as Naoise undermining it and causing him more pain. He then pushed the paper back to Psych to read. It said 'There have been other clues. He swears by referring to Daghda's beard or balls. I know it's strange but telling. He is approximately 900 years old give or take. He was apart of a druid family. Also he speaks another language that sounds like it should be apart of it.'

Kevla watched this interplay and opened up small box of crackers as she watched. She went to try to offer Naoise one and then the others. "Would you like one?" she softly asked.

Oh God what he wouldn't give to read those papers. Kieran thought as he watched them. His cell phone went off and he swore. "I'm sorry guys. I've got to take this." he said before he went to get up.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »
Naoise kept his mind as blank and neutral as possible yet he wasn’t completely unaware of what was happening around the table, as Arutha’s gentle fingers helped to keep him grounded to the here and now and comforted him all at once, so when Kevla kindly offered him a cracker he stuck his head in the box and dragged a large mouthful of them out. *Thank you beag deirfiúr* he sent distractedly to Kevla as he slowly munched on the small pile of cracker in front of him and continued to lose himself to the enthralling feel of Arutha’s attentive fingers.

Psych listened thoughtfully  to Arutha and once again went to take the offered piece of paper but was momentarily distracted as Kevla stretched across the table to offer the cat a box of crackers, her outfit was simple but it highlighted her feminine body in all the right places as she stretched across and moved and he couldn’t help but think what she would look like if her hair was down and allowed to fall around her free and untamed.

Kierans ringing phone brought him back to the here and now and he quickly snatched up the sheet of paper and read it, a blush blooming across his check. “Err no probs man, but hurry back, I’d like to know what you and Kevla think on all of this” he addressed him as he waved the papers back and forth in his direction.

“but going by these clues your cat is most likely an ancient Irish druid or has ties to them and probably descended from; if not one of the last of a ancient tribe of shifters, if he really is as old as you say that is”.

At Psychs words, Naoise stilled and lifts his head. His eyes are bright and filled with shock and intense interest as he looks at the creature across from him

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2019, 05:27:27 AM »
Arutha's fingers continued to gently trace their way over Naoise's head and swept over his back before repeating the motion. As the action grounded his companion, it comforted as well linked them together. It was this feeling of solidarity that spurred him on. He couldn't wait until the day when he could touch his face for real.

Kevla had to snort at the look on Naoise's face as he carefully accepted his own large mouthful of the crackers she'd brought. As she did, she again noticed Psych's eyes on her, appraising and dare she say think it enjoying. She flushed lightly. "You're welcome, Kit." she said a bit distractedly, lifting her eyes thoughtfully to look back at the man. Hmm...he was just her type, no matter what race he was. She had to wonder just how mad Arutha would be if she asked Psych out for coffee.

Kieran quickly nodded at Psych's words before he dashed off to take the call. This was the annoying part about being on call for his magazine. Still he was excited to come back no matter what his magazine said.

Arutha's eyes widened as he listened to Psych's response. "I kind of already guessed the part of him being druid. I mean it fits for the time period as well as for Kit's magicalness." he started to say before glancing down at Naoise amazedly. "Though I never would have guessed that he could be the last of a shifter line. Wow." he breathed.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2019, 03:34:05 PM »
Feeling Kevla’s  eyes on him he raised his eyes and caught her gaze with his own, they were warm and filled with appreciative admiration as a playful smile danced across his lips.

At Arutha’s words he turned his attention back to the matter at hand. “ I only say that because these days due to nearly a millennium of prosecution and hunting drifters are mainly one offs and loners, and who follows their genealogy these days?. It was different back then. That’s what my mistress told me anyway.” He hesitated as a sudden thought popped into his head. “Although …there are a …few…shifters who can trace their family line back to ancient times… that may still …live…around here.” He trailed off, a worried look in his eyes. Shae Nicfahgen, an immortal shifter who dabbled in the dark arts. Shit, he hadn’t thought of her in centuries. She used to be a friend of his mistress but once she died and he had his freedom he had made sure to never cross her path again, that woman scared the shit out of him. She was a woman with few moral boundaries and vindictively ruthless when crossed. However, she claimed her family line was ancient and, he flicked his worried eyes around the group, assessing them. She would find this motley crew fascinating.

“No.” he said with a shake of his head. “That might not be a good idea, best we stick with the books” he sighed with brief sharp smile before sitting back in his chair.

Naoise continued to purr softly as Aruthas fingers petted and played with his fur. What would it feel like to have those same fingers play along his skin? to feel those arms wrapped around his body? To cuddle up to and walk beside this kind and gentle man? To laugh, to cry to love with him?

As Psych kept talking however his attention became more and more focused upon him. His words invoked memories of his earliest years with his family before Alexander but even back then he couldn’t help but remember that he and his people were becoming more secular and separate from everyday society. They lived on the outskirts of towns and more oft then not in distant rural areas and the wilderness itself. People still treated them with acceptance, reverence and a little awe but there was also a touch of fear and distrust. After the black plague hit the madness of Christianity swept across Europe with a fervor more virulent and deadlier then the plague. His people and anyone who was thought of as different died in the thousands, the witch hunts, the purges, the decimation of culture and knowledge. Black Age indeed.

But as Psych shook his head and suggested that they potentially look elsewhere then the people he knew he took a step forward in denial. *Arutha!* he sent sharply to the man petting him.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2019, 05:09:51 AM »
As her eyes met Psych's own, Kevla couldn't help but blush some more at the naked appreciation of her form that she saw there. Damn...now that cinched it. She had to ask him out even it was just for coffee. She was curious and more than a just a little bit intrigued by what she saw there in those grey eyes.

All thoughts of a possible date got temporarily pushed to the background as Psych kept on talking about possible remnant shifters that might be in the city. It was an interesting possibility. And it was one that could bring more hope for her twin and Naoise. For if they could find more information about these other shifters, then they could free Naoise sooner and give her brother the happily ever after he deserved. So she had to lift a curious eyebrow at the worry that slid into Psych's eyes as he shot down that idea. "Dare I ask why not? From the look on your face Psych it's like someone is going to jump out and go oogy boogy." she asked softly, jumping slightly as she saw Naoise step forwards all of the sudden.

Arutha loved the sound of Naoise's purrs as well as the feel of his soft fur beneath his fingers. Though for as much as he loved them, he knew that touching Naoise's human form would be just that much better. His mind flashed back to the beauty that he had seen in the mirror and the swathes of smooth skin.

Though before he could dwell on that aspect for long, his mind shifted focus to the possibility of other shifters being in the city as Psych spoke. He then jumped as well at Naoise's sharp call of his name. "Whoa...I get it, Kit." he said gently before looking back at Psych and the others,"Kit says no. He thinks that the people you know are the best option instead of the books."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2019, 10:54:43 PM »
Psych sat back and rubbed his hands over his face as everyone looked at him

“It’s complicated” he said around his hands before lowering them and looking at everyone. “ I haven’t seen or spoken to this person in a …long…time” Like nearly two centuries he thought to himself. “and well they are old and powerful and not exactly law abiding or society minded.”

He looked around the table again and sighed “And truth be told they will most likely find you all absolutely fascinating, which means you could all end up in a specimen jar or locked in her treasury”

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2019, 12:56:32 PM »
Both of Kevla's eyebrows lifted as she listened to Psych. From the tone of his voice, she guessed that the word complicated didn't entirely sum up his relationship with said person. "Okay, shall we say scary beyond all reason. Just how you put that gave me the heebie jeebies, Psych." she said honestly.

As for Arutha, he stilled as he listened, his eyes widened and he glanced down at Naoise in askance. At first it sounded like a great idea heading down that path, but now it sounded a hell of alot more frightening. "Is there anyone else that you know that could help without possibly dissecting us or worse?" he asked softly.