Author Topic: Silver on Silver  (Read 16172 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Silver on Silver
« on: January 16, 2019, 04:00:20 PM »
The moon was fat tonight, and shone brightly on the silver sands of Glitter Beach. During the day the now serene place would be bustling with life. Towels would blanket the sands. Umbrellas would block out the sun, and noise would interrupt the beauty of nature. However, at night that all melted away and it was this particular serene energy that drew the beach's sole inhabitant. A wolf sat on the silver sands, snout facing the voluptuous moon. "Awoooooo," the wolf howled. It was a happy howl for those who know such things, and was almost a call to the moon itself.

The wolf was fairly large for a standard grey, with red eyes that seemed to glow in the ambient darkness. The fur of the beast was a cross between grey and white that in the moonlight looked silver too. He seemed gentle, and yet also capable of ferociousness should the hunt demand it. However, the hunting was done for the night, and so instead... "Awooooooooo!" The beast leaped onto it's hind legs and plopped it's paws on the sands. The silver wolf was excited, and struggling to contain it.

Being a wolf had it's perks, but it wasn't all there was to know about this being. For starters, he was dead in a way and had to drink blood to survive. The wolf valued life and so he never took one if he could avoid it. Humans had been off the menu entirely for years, and the wolf took only what he needed from animals. All of this was to combat the wolf's inner beast. All beings like the wolf had one. It was the price for immortality. The wolf was actually a vampire, and his name was Flick. "Awooooooooo," Flick howled again. He planned to run along the beach and enjoy the beauty of the night, as soon as he was done howling of course. 
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Silver on Silver
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:31:00 PM »
Her head was down as she stepped out of the trees lining the wooded bluffs and headed towards the beach, her white ritual robes draped and swirled around her legs in the gentle sea breeze and the silver embroidery shimmered as it caught and reflected the moon above with the hem of the robes brushing the tops of her ankles. The small, lapping waves spilled across her bare feet as she walked along the sand where beach met ocean. Her steps were light and carefree and her satchel, filled with the paraphernalia of her craft, continuously bumped her hip as she strolled along. The moon was gloriously bright, and she could feel it’s light and power flow through her. Smiling she lifted her face towards the illuminating, heavenly body and twirled and danced on the spot as soft joyous laughter spilled from her lips, her long curling cascade of hair flying out around her as she moved.

So engrossed was she with sand, sea wind and moon she failed to see the wolf further up the beach till its wolf song rolled over and through her. She stopped, startled and her eyes flew wide as she finally spotted the almost glowing wolf in front of her.

Although a little startled and shocked at the sudden manifestation of something so surreal, omens and signs were part and parcel of her upbringing and family legacy, not that she had ever put much stock into it, but; she was a little high on moon magic and more then a little drunk from the ritualistic wine and so why not? A moon vision on a deserted beach

“Lupus Lunae! You are truly beautiful, and I am humbled and blessed indeed by the gift of your presence” she called out softly to the apparition before her “Are you some sort of message? Because if you are then alas you best take it to my Aunts for I lack the skill to read or understand you” She smiled dreamily before clasping her hand to her mouth and hiccuping discretely behind it “Scuse me” she said with a small bemused laugh.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 08:36:35 AM »
The wolf cocked his head to its side, snout somehow looking puzzled despite the anatomical difficulties. He recognized the name of the wolf god, and realized this woman before him thought he was they! Flick looked upon the woman and saw her ritual robes, as well as her satchel and started putting it together with her words.

Perhaps she was a being of the forest? She had a certain fae like quality about her. The wolf moved forward slowly, sniffing at the cold air, ears open and listening. The wolf's ears heard a heart in her chest beating like a drum, and the wolf's nose smelt life and warmth. Finally, he searched for the taint of the beast and found none.

What a curious being you are, Flick thought as he approached.

The angle of the moon filled him up with even more silver light. Through weather, wind, gas, and color he shined like the god this faeish human thought he was. When about ten feet from her, he stopped and sat again. The wind felt nice on his fur, and maybe it would be good for him to have some company. He bowed his head politely and said in fluent wolf, "Can you speak to animals friend?"
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 08:43:52 PM »
Siobhán's eyes grew wide with wonder as the wolf walked towards her, radiating with the power of the moon. Normally this strong a manifestation of her power would have angered her, proving once again what a freak she was, but the wine and the after effects of the magic released during her esbat and the drawing down of the moon, left her more accepting, more open and therefore more receptive then she would normally be.

As the wolf sat before her and started to yip, yap and growl at her, she felt once more that unusual tingling, that weird pressure building at the back of her brain she got whenever she found herself alone in the woods or surrounded by a lot of animals, usually she ignored it or blocked it by singing or whistling loudly but tonight she let it wash over her and giggled as her entire body broke out in goose bumps.

Her eyes flew wide in startlement when the wolf’s noises suddenly turned into something she could understand.

“What?...” her forehead furrowed in bafflement as she looked at the wolf with total confusion in her eyes “Are you?” She shook her head in disbelief and smiled with sudden amusement. “Now I know I have drunk too much. I thought you spoke to me Moon Wolf, like for real spoke in words I could understand.” She snorted with disbelief as she raised her hand and rubbed it over her eyes and face.” Sweet goddess, A talking illusion. Seriously? I am going fucking mad. I need to go home and sleep this shit off I think” Shaking her head she dropped her hands and opened her eyes only to frown when the illusion still sat before her.

“Enough already Moon Spirit, mirage, illusion or whatever you are” Her earlier acceptance was quickly wearing off as the weirdness of the situation started to sink in. She looked at the wolf and narrowed her gaze slightly.

“You’re not really real. I’m drunk and magic high …I think. And now I am going home to bed, so you need to go poof” She said as she made an exploding gesture with her hands.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 10:38:33 AM »
"I asked you if you spoke wolf," Flick barked, jumping up onto his back legs again and landing on his front paws. "Are you a witch?" When she made her poof arms the wolf leaped back a bit. She could have spooky magic, and he wanted none of that. He lowered himself to the ground and looked up at the woman with puppy dog eyes. Surely she wouldn't make such a good boy go poof, or at least that was the gamble. He debated telling her his true nature, but decided to get a promise out of her for no funny business first.

"Don't use magic on me please," the wolf politely said. The breeze came through strongly, blowing some sand up around the pair. 
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 11:42:20 AM »
As the wolf’s words Shiobhán fell to her knees, the small hairs of her neck stood up as she realized this whole scenario may not be a self-induced vision. “Your real, aren’t you? Really real I mean” Shocked and amazed at the same time, she looked down at the wolf laying before her with wonder in her eye.

“Yes, I’m a witch, I won’t hurt you, I promise” she said softly as she looked into the wolf’s eyes. “Can I….? Can I touch you?” she ask hesitantly as she raised her hand and stretched out towards the wolf.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »
Flick wasn't sure about being touched. He also remembered that this witch thought he was an actual god.  He stepped back a bit, slowly as not to spook her. He looked up at the moon and felt it's glow. It gave him confidence and power. He turned to Shiobhan, and once again made wolf noises.

"I don't think you'll want to when you know what I am," he warned, tone sounding concerned for her. His fur looked so divine in the moon's light, like a literal angel sent down from the heavens. He smelt the woman again, still unsure if she'd turn him into a puppy or something. He'd dealt with some witches in his day and most didn't like him because of his nature. He wondered if this one would be different.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 10:55:16 PM »
She sat back further on her heals as the wolf retreated and shimmered and glowed as bright as the moon above them. She didn’t feel heat or danger emanating from the luminous creature before her and yet the concern in its voice had her raising an eyebrow questioningly.

“ I won’t touch you if you don’t wish it Lupus Lunae” she offered with a soft smile “But maybe you can tell me why you have appeared before me? Why now? Or have I fallen and cracked my head somewhere and all this is a mere figment of my imagination?” She hadn’t thought of that possibility but she had to admit the wine was stronger then she thought and the bluffs near where she conducted her moon ritual were dangerous to those who were not careful.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 03:34:53 AM »
Flick raised his snout to the oncoming moon for a moment, lost in thought about what to do. He could play up that he was a god sent to this woman, but that felt so disingenuous. Maybe, if she knew his true nature she wouldn't run after all. Maybe she'd want to soak in the moon together and play with him. But any new friendship had to be based on honesty and so with a heavy snout Flick spoke to the woman again.

"Well, the truth is my name is Flick, and I'm not a wolf god. I am a shape shifter of sorts."

What he said wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the truth either. He considered this a good middle ground before telling her he was Kindred. He moved towards her again, this time even slower. His nose indicated no danger, and when in doubt Flick always trusted his nose.

"I came here to enjoy the heavenly moon," the vampire explained. "It's so large and beautiful tonight. It made me want to run and play in the silver light." Tone was hard to pick up through wolf noises but Flick sounded ecstatic at the chance to play on the beach.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 11:48:59 AM »
“There is no such thing as shifters” She said automatically, but as she looked at the wolf she felt an uneasy roll in her stomach. A shifter made more sense than a physical manifestation of the divine.

Her family’s lore was filled with such creatures as well as so much more, according to the lore books the world was filled with all things fantastical. If Flick was real, then was everything else real as well? Her mind boggled at the idea. Confused, unsettled and suddenly afraid she looked up at the moon, took a deep breath, closed her eyes and just let its radiance was over and through her. Tonight was a night of magic, she could accept that, tomorrow? Well that was a new day and it could look after itself. Pushing her doubts and her questions aside she looked at the wolf, now mere inches away and smiled.

“Flick” she said, sounding the name out on her tongue. “ I don’t know what I believe right now, but I do know tis a night filled with magic and the full moon makes every witch want to run and play. Can we leave hard truths for the cold light of day? I want to play tonight too”

She really wanted to stretch her hand out and touch the wolf, to feel it’s living body beneath her fingers, to determine for herself that it was real, but the wolf seemed hesitant the last time she asked and she didn’t want to scare the creature off. “Tonight I want to run free and let go my fears, Tonight I will be witch, tomorrow I can return to being just plain but strange Shiobhán.”

Smiling softly she rose slowly to her feet and looked down at the wolf. “What do you think?”

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 03:32:21 PM »
The wolf pulled it's head away proudly at the assertion that shifters weren't real. He was clearly one! However. he remembered how much of the world stayed hidden form mortals. She was a witch though, and so it wasn't outside the realm of possibility for her to believe in such things. He debated changing into homid form to spook her, and teach her that shifters were very much real. He decided against the action however, not wishing to cause a problem over something as mercurial as belief.

The night was beautiful and while Flick didn't see it as magic, nature did seem more alive tonight than normal. Most of his kind didn't get to appreciate the life in the world, stuck in battles for their own humanity and rotting in the urban jungle. Flick got to see creation, death, destruction and rebirth as only the wilds can show them. It would be nice to share in that experience with someone, even better as a lupine.

"I say my dear Shiobhan, let's run!" The wolf jumped with excitement and got close enough to be touched. His fur still had the wind giving it movement and he celebrated the new friendship with an "AWOOOOOOOOOO." His howl filled the night with a certain joy. The moon sensed it had a worshiper or two.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 05:51:19 PM »
Shiobhan laughed as Flick jumped and bounced before her and as he moved closer towards her she was unable to resist the temptation any longer, she lightly stroked his fur with her fingertips, the reality of it sending a small shock wave through her body but she felt no warmth, no body heat from the animal beside her. He was cool to the touch and yet there was no mistaking the zing of power that coursed through him either. Was he real? Or was he a sending after all?

Leaving her doubts aside she went and scooped up some sea foam from the water as it rolled across the sand and her feet. She looked at her wet glistening hand and smiling whimsically, she cupped her other hand over it she focused her will and intent before sending power into the trapped foam before flinging it away from her. Using magic so openly was not something she would normally do, as for creating phantasms and illusions, well it was so far out of her comfort zone, so past the normal and ordinary life she craved for herself she couldn’t help but wonder at her own behavior, had she finally cracked it? Was she losing her marbles?

As the foam scattered, it shimmered and pulled the moonlight into itself and reformed into a glimmering stag. The moonlight and sea foam creature turned its head and looked at them before bounding away, it zigged and zagged along the wet sand and each time its hooves kicked up more sea form a dear would form running behind it.

“Why run when you can chase and hunt?” She asked with a soft laugh as she watched the shimmering herd of dear run along the beach in front of them. “Now lets run”

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 02:36:05 PM »
When the witch touched Flick he tensed and was nervous. What would she make off his dead flesh? She seemed to only notice his power, his own tranquility beating down his own inner beast. He felt something within her too, the sense of nature he'd felt before magnified. The little one had power, even if she was not yet fully aware of it. She could be a guardian of the forest!

As the witch crafted her magic, the Gangrel used his own power. He tapped into the nearby creatures, calling to them through his will. A flock of seagulls flew in and circled above the dancing foam stag, creating a coordinated combination of nature and magic. Flick had never seen this craft, but was delighted by the witch's spells, jumping high into the air to show his excitement. He would need to meet this woman in another form so night, pick her brain and learn from her. But she was right. Tonight he would chase and run, and she had even been nice enough to create prey for him!

He stretched his front and back paws, a few loose joints cracking in appreciation. At the command to run he pounded away like a bullet, a rush of fur passing his new friend as he chased the sea foam creatures of the moon. The sand of the beach left prints of his large paws as he ran along.

"Can you keep up is the question!" His words were a friendly challenge, a lighthearted laugh felt through the animal communication.   
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 12:11:48 PM »
Shiobhan was slightly startled as she felt power emanate from the wolf but laughed with surprised glee as the summoned gulls came and played with the deer.
As Flick tore off after the deer she stayed awhile and just watched, the joy, the life, the rightness of a wolf running along a beach on a full moon chasing a herd of deer with an entourage of gulls squawking behind.

Smiling at the perfect nonsensical image running before her she hiked up her robes so the hem wouldn’t tangle her feet and she started to run. Naturally she didn’t of a hope in Hades of catching up with Flick or the deer let alone keeping up but she ran nonetheless, she ran and she laughed until she couldn’t run anymore then she just plonked onto the soft sand and laid back. The sky was bright and clear and the breeze cool and soft. The stag and deer wouldn’t last much longer before disappearing into the air and sea, becoming nothing more then sea-foam once more.

Folding her arms behind her head she watched the stars overhead and sighed contentedly. Not knowing how or why or even if it would work she formed some words in her mind and picturing the running wolf named Flick she flung her thoughts and words out to him.

“Not even a little bit my friend, but the sand is soft, the stars are bright, and the breeze is cool where I am.”

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 02:18:16 AM »
The run felt amazing as Flick’s over sized paws pounded along the beach, the foam creatures delighting him and enthusing him. Magic was beautiful when combined with nature, and the seagulls created created a squawking choir of background music, accompanied by the winds. He knew they were both seriously breaking the masquerade, but this was no Camarilla town, and Flick felt power in and joy in their celebration of the moon. He pounced on the foam stag, the deer scattering as he did. The magical confection broke under his weight, but Flick was satisfied he’d caught his prey and harrumphed through his wolf jowls in delight. He heard the mental communication from the witch who’d created this sea-foam hunt, and the deer all melted away, as he strut his way back. The gulls said goodbye too, choosing to go back to looking for random scraps of moldy bread. He came up to where the witch sat and plopped down next to her. He faked heavy breathing, even though he was not pressed at all, and turned his snout to her.

“Thank you for such a fun hunt. You must be a very powerful witch to make such beautiful magic.”

He placed his massive head on her lap, and looked up expectantly for pets. He’d been such a good boy after all.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 07:57:42 PM »
Shiobhan smiled as Flick placed his head in her lap and pretended to pant, his lupine tongue hanging out of the side for extra effect. Unable to resist the look in his eyes and her own urge, need to touch him she slowly and gently started to stroke and pet his head and neck, paying special attention to behind his ears and under his jaw.

“Powerful?” stopped petting and thought about it. “I am not like my Aunts no, but they are powerful in their knowledge and skill which has been honed over their lifetime, my powers are freakish and almost instinctual. I am a rather lazy witch” she said with a sad smile as she started up petting him again. “ My ability, my power unnerve me and so although I have learned  the witches craft I only tend to practice the bare minimum. I honour the Goddess and God, I honour the turning of the wheel and I do what I must to keep my powers from spilling out and running rampant. More then anything else I want to be normal, to live normally, in the normal world.” She said wistfully. “My families history and lore reads like a fantasy novel and back home it was easy to brush it off as silly nonsense, but here …” she looked down at Flick. “this city has pulled at me from the instant I came here Flick, I thought it was because I was a country bumpkin, a little farm girl lost in the big smoke, but that’s not it is it? It pulls at me because there is a world out there that I have refused to see. A world I blinded myself to. You really are a shifter and not a vivid surreal hallucination.”

Her fingers continued to gently stroke and trail through his fur and she couldn’t help but wonder at his coolness she was about to ask about the oddness of it when an entirely different realization hit her, and she stopped her hands in mid stroke.

“Sweet Goddess! you’re a Shifter, you’re a guy and I am stroking you!” she blurted with a touch of hysteria as she looked down at the wolf/man laying with his face in her lap.  She blinked as the realization settled in, really settled in that he was real, that this was happening. She gazed down at Flick with wonder, and a touch of fear and confusion. Unsure of how she felt and scared she might have spooked him with her outburst and that he might move away she pressed her hand down on him slightly. “Stay, don’t move, just…let me process”

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 06:39:00 AM »
Flick was content to be pet by the sea-foam sculptor, and he made soft appreciate coos as his fur was stroked and handled. He also enjoyed listening, and had already made a note to meet these aunts of hers. They sounded so interesting, and had obviously had a strong effect on this woman. She did have power, and Flick hoped to help her access it one day.

Oh how he wished to council her. He wanted to tell her that humble origins were nothing to scoff at, that her destiny was beginning to unfold. That was her feeling. It was the pull she felt. However, his tongue was lazy as he was given such good platonic touch. Flick felt no sexual pleasure at all. It was not that the woman was not beautiful but Flick liked men. He would never had asked for pets if he thought it would be taken in a gendered way, and so when she reacted, he let out an apologetic bark, and gave sad eyes.

"I didn't mean to startle you new friend," Flick apologized. "My lupine instincts take over sometimes and wolfs are pack animals. We express friendship through touch."

He hoped his explanation gave her some ease. He'd had such a nice run, and wouldn't want to be the cause of the nights end, especially as moon friends were so hard to find.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 10:35:34 PM »
Shiobhan felt a wrench of guilt when Flick barked in startlement from her outburst and looked at her with such sadness in his expressive lupine eyes. Worried she had made him feel unwanted because of his nature and knowing what such rejection felt like she once again reached for him, her fingers reassuring and gently as she petted him.

“I’m sorry Flick, your duel nature doesn’t bother me. It was just the realization that you are also a person, not just a magnificent and fantastical animal” Her lips twitched with wry amusement at the surrealness of the animal before her. “most people find such close contact as we are sharing unnerving when received by those they aren’t close to, and even then most wouldn’t like it unless they were actually intimate with them.” She sighed softly in contemplation as she trickled her fingers through the ruff of his neck. “it must be nice to be a wolf, a shifter; petting sure is a nice way to make friends” she added as she scratched behind his ear. She marveled at the fact she was running her fingers through the coat of an actual living wolf and wondered what it would be like to be able to change shape and run free and unfettered through the world.

As she moved her hand to pet Flick the movement of her arm made the glyphs on her robe shimmer with reflected light and it made her think suddenly of the runes and glyphs she had carved all through her café. The urge to do so had come upon sudden and inexplicable. She had been powerless to deny it. The need for such runes was unusual, especially for a business, the money and prosperity ones, sure; everyone wanted to be successful in their ventures, but the rest? If everything her in her family’s lore was real then she could understand the need, but surely not everything in them was real. If that was the case then she should never leave the safety of her front door once the sun went down again because according to those tales’ vampires, ghouls and zombies could pop out of the ground at any moment and try to snack on her. The very thought made her snort in disbelief as soft laughter bubbled from her twitching lips.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 05:24:58 AM »
The pets felt nice, and Flick melted into her lap, almost sleepy if it can be believed. He made soft, appreciative noises, and he allowed the fake breathing to slow. It took work for vampires to mimic life, but his blood was roused and he was in the habit of it now, and so he could keep the effect going without having to concentrate on it. His paws twitched as she got behind the ear, the concept of neurology fascinating to Flick. Despite being dead, pressure in the right points could still evoke primal reactions. His eyes stayed open, although became half-lidded, and stared at the beautiful witch. Maybe she wanted a guard dog. He could fill that role. However, he then dismissed the idea. He would grow tired of his Lupine shape eventually and if he shifted back to Homid form she'd surely see he was the living dead. He wanted to tell her, to let the last deception betwixt them fade, but instead he simply let himself be pet, and listened to Shiobhan's words.

Most people do find such touch odd, but not so for wolves. Their sense of closeness was more intimate and deep than those who used words, and Flick often ran among them and earth melded near them, all for a chance at that kind of closeness and comfort. Wolves tended to see Flick as an Alpha, and so when he stumbled upon a pack he became their leader for the night, before letting the normal pack structure resume.

"Well, and no offense to you at all, most humans are unworthy of this kind of touch. They defile and destroy the wolves of the world. I must say I hate them for that." A low cry exited his jowls for all the wolves he'd been friends with who were long dead. He'd preform the howl of morning soon. He felt he needed to at this point.

"But it is nice to live between worlds sometimes, this is true. It does get hard to know where one belongs though. Do you understand that?" He didn't respond to her comment about petting and friends, although he agreed with her ten fold.

To all those who couldn't speak wolf, a series of barks, semi howls and cries made up the sounds coming from Flick, but their connection was part magic and part vampire power. They had made a bridge of communication, and it was pleasant to the Gangrel.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 01:59:42 PM »
“I understand Flick” she said with deep sincerity. How could she not? Being what she was. She felt her power within her, it was a power that would separate her completely from everything and everyone around her and it was growing every day, had been growing ever since she came to the city. If she gave into it she wouldn’t be Shiobhan anymore. Heck she never could be normal, everyday, just another farm girl, girl next door Shiobhan anyway. The most normal she could pull off was Shiobhan the Weirdo, Shiobhan the Strange. Her Aunts constantly said her gifts, her powers, were a gift and that she should embrace them, all of them and by doing so become her true self, but what was her true self? Some super uber Witch Queen with the power of the cosmos at her fingertips? She didn’t want that, had never wanted that. So yeah, she understood what Flick meant. Where did she belong? Where did she fit in? Who was she?

She even understood what he meant about humans and their overwhelming tendency to destroy and defile. She placed her fingers under Flicks lupine chin and gazed into his eyes.

“My kind has been hunted and destroyed by humans too Flick, we have been burned and tortured, raped and defiled, vilified and hated and I don’t mean just by humans. My line of witches has been hunted and killed by human and witches alike. We tend to be more powerful than most and many witches believed that because of our actual so-called bloodline” she snorted with amused disbelief “If we turned dark, we become virulently so, therefore we were feared and had to be watched, controlled and or killed.” She smiled and rolled her eyes, letting the wolf know this was all ancient history and most likely bogus. “Luckily for me, my bloodline has nearly died out and I suspect by natural reasons than some imagined hate fueled vendetta and is now exceedingly rare, in fact we are believed to be extinct. Just a legend in the foot note in the history book of Witches”

She scratched his chin and sighed slightly, this talk of history and folklore made her uneasy. Her new friend must think her weird, how could she, a witch not believe in all things supernatural. She believed in magic, naturally. But magic wasn’t a supernatural force, it was simply natural, it was energy and some few people like herself had the ability to tap into it, resonate with it and manipulate it but it was also a skill that could be taught, that could be learnt to some degree. She really was a freak in that department.

Like the way she was communicating with the wolf now. She could feel the unique vibration of their connection and apparently, she had an innate ability to use it but it was still natural, a skill that could be taught, learned or so she suspected with the right knowledge and enough training and pratice. It didn’t mean that the fae walked the streets and lived in the woods, waiting at crossroads to kidnap the unwary and the foolish. It didn’t mean Angels were going to pop out of the ether battling demons and blowing on the heavenly trumpets or that the undead were going to crawl out of the graveyards and their crypts searching for some warm-blooded mortal to feast upon. That was nonsense surely, if it were real then the world would be in complete chaose. Imagine.

Yet here she was sitting on the beach under a full moon scratching the chin of a so called shifter. She looked into the eyes of her new friend and felt a shiver of unease crawl down her spine.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 03:21:20 PM »
Flick listened in his daze, and found himself drawn to Siobhán. He found her doubt odd, and wondered how she could doubt her senses so much. The supernatural practically hung in the air in this city, and surely one who could summon those creatures could see into the beyond. Flick didn't have this gift, but knew other vampires that did. No, Flick had to rely on just his beast senses and  even he knew that more lurked out there than just witches and wolves.

He empathized with her when she mentioned the destruction of her people, softly licking her hand when she mentioned it. He couldn't help but feel like he'd found a new friend in this baby witch and gave her back his eyes as she finished speaking. Flick decided that he must show her the truth if their friendship was to be real, and so he crawled off her lap and began to transform. White fur was sucked into his hair follicles exposing pink skin. Claws cracked and transformed into hands and feet. Pointy ears became lobed, and his long snout receded into soft lips and a simple nose.

He was naked and yet still caught the light of the moon. His blonde hair was dirty, but still would be found bright. His eyes were now green, and met Siobhán's for her reaction. He was totally nude of course and had an athletic but mostly slim frame, tall and toned. He had baby fat in his checks and rump and his legs were thick considering how slim his top was.

"This is also me," Flick disclosed, unashamed and unafraid.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2019, 01:06:37 AM »
As Flick started to change Shiobhán scurried backwards in the sand in shock at the sight, her hands and feet leaving short but deep track marks. Once his transformation had stopped and her heart had stopped trying to jump out of her chest, she breathed in deep and slow to calm her nerves. He had told her he was a shifter and, logically she understood he meant he was a man as well as a wolf but to see the change in person was more then a little startling and real, so very, very, real. There would be no waking up later that day and pretending it was all a drunken dream and she had a sinking suspicion that sleeping was a forlorn conclusion for this eve now anyway.

As her breathing slowed and she became calm once more she studied the now naked Flick, it was funny when he had spoken, she had noticed her ears had noticed the difference difference between when he spoke as a wolf and the language he spoke as man, but her mind had heard it as the same. His speaking voice was nice if a little rough and by its sound she assumed he most likely spent most of his time in animal form. She tilted her head and studied this new form of his and came to the conclusion he was gorgeous in either form, wolf or man he had a natural ethereal wildness about him and it called to her. She desperately wanted to stretch out her hand and push a strand of his moon kissed hair behind his ear and stroke his face. His green eyes as beautiful in this form as his wolf eyes were in beast. She didn’t notice the dirt and it wouldn’t have bothered her even if she had, except as a sign signifying that he might spend a little too much time on his own. As for the nakedness after the first startlement of seeing a naked guy for the first time it didn’t seem to register. He was Flick and all she saw was her new friend.

“Hello Flick” she said softly a small smile forming on her lips “It’s a pleasure to meet you” she smiled fully at him “I think You are the most gorgeous being I have ever met” the words just slipped out and she blushed with total embarrassment.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 07:26:23 AM »
Flick felt odd in Homid form, but accepted the compliment. What a sweet little creature. Flick wasn't known for liking humans but he liked this one a lot. He'd want to play with her again. He needed to finish his story though. He was afraid she wouldn't like him once she knew lived off animal blood.

"There's more. I'm not just a shifter. I'm mainly... a vampire. Don't be scared! I won't hurt you I promise."

He made sure not to do any sudden movements, but his human eyes weren't as used to the  harsh silver light and so he threw his hands up to shield his eyes.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 07:49:05 PM »
“Don’t be silly Flick, vampires aren’t re…al” The saying came easily to her, she had been saying it to herself most of her life but the last word faltered and faded softly on her tongue. Hadn’t she just recently said the same thing about shifters and hadn’t Flick just proven her absolutely wrong on that belief. She wanted to deny it and yet it answered his lack of body heat, the stillness of his flesh beneath her fingers when she petted him. He had felt of power but not of life, he resonated with the night and the grave not the moon and the earth. Yet his power called to her and that scared her even more

The hairs on her body stood up as she looked at Flick anew, he was something out of her family’s story books, hell out of everyone’s story books. He was a myth, a make belief fictional character that twinkled in sunlight, emptied rat blood into crystal glasses, slept in coffins, or in crypts, or under the very dirt depending on who you were reading, He could turn into a bat, or mist or a wolf, Climb down vertical walls, throw cars, control weather, bask in sunlight, turn to dust in sunlight, drink blood. He drank blood.

As every vampire concept ever written and read by her flashed through her mind her eyes grew wider and wider and her heart beat got faster and faster. When Flick threw his hand up to cover his eyes she scurried back even further from him and a small whimper of fear escaped her mouth.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 01:31:33 AM »
"Stop," he yelled. "Please don't be scared. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm still the wolf."

His eyes turned red again and now could handle the flash of the moon. It didn't exactly make him look more cuddly but it allowed him to focus on the witch in front of him. This is what always happened to Flick. He would make a new friend, but the second he opened up to them  or said who he really was they left. It appeared Shiobhan would be the same. Flick had such fun playing with her, but now she acted as all human acted, scared. He turned to go, no longer feeling like he was wanted here.

"It was nice playing with you in the moonlight," Flick told her. He began to walk away, leaving her there cowering in fear, another opportunity lost. He wondered why he kept trying at all.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 12:42:13 AM »
As Flick turned and started to leave Shiobhan was overcome with shame and sorrow. She wasn’t afraid of Flick, she was merely confused and overwhelmed. His honestly had cracked and crumbled the tower of lies she had built around herself after her parents death and it was easier to focus that fear on Flick in this moment then it was to face the pain and anger of her suppressed grief and sense but she knew she didn’t want him to leave and she most definitely didn’t like the look of sorrow on his face as he turned away from her.

“Flick stop!” she said as she stretched her right hand out to him and inadvertently sent power out to achieve her desire. The sand not only rippled and rose in front of Flick as it began to form a wall in front of him but it also started to waft over his feet as it tried to mire him in place.

Shiobhan was horrified as she sensed what she had done and she quickly ended the spell by pulling the power back into herself. It hurt, reversing such power so quickly and the backlash ripped through her body setting her nerves on fire and causing her head to pound in agony as she was hit with a sudden migraine.. She covered her eyes with the heel of her hands and rocked backwards and forwards slightly where she sat trying to ease the agony in her body.

“Flick, I am sorry, so sorry. Please, please don’t leave” she called out from behind her covered eyes. She didn’t expect him to stay, why would he? She had insulted him and she was a freak of nature. Who would want to be around a person who could do such things? Flick could turn into a wolf and he drank blood, presumably. She called whistle up the wind and draw down the moon. She could summon the earth and plants to do her bidding but worse she had no real control over her powers. They frightened her. She was more frightened of herself then she was of Flick and who would ever want to befriend that kind of mess?

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2019, 03:34:21 AM »
Flick felt threatened when the witch cast against him. He didn't understand it was accidential or anxiety based. He only knew he'd told a witch that he was a vampire and she'd reacted with fear and now was using magic against him. He was hurt. He thought she might be scared of him but not that she'd ever attack him. When the sand wrapped around his feet, he growled and for the first time sounded threatening. His fingers transformed into feral claws, and his red eyes glared on his face. He turned ready to defend himself from what he was sure would be more magic. Instead, he saw his friend cowering and covering her eyes.

He considered that she might not have meant to trap him, and he relaxed his own aggressive posture. All of the shape shifting and his other powers began to take their toll, and he felt the hunger. It was often quiet for one as gentle as Flick, but he was too emotional. He hadn't feasted on a human in years, animals offering their blood to him more often than not. He wasn't about to break that rule now, but it did mean his time with Shiobhan was coming to a close. He moved towards her, relaxing his claws and eyes and once again becoming just the vampire, Flick.

"I'ts alright," he told her. "Just know I would never hurt you. I'm not like most of my kind. It's why I prefer being the wolf."

He sat next to her, and would wait for her to respond. He was curious if they could stay friends after this, or would his status as the living dead be too much for the young witch to handle? Could he handle untrained magical power? That sometimes meant fire. He would stay for now. They'd had such fun together and it was rare he connected with someone. Hopefully, they'd find a path forward.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2019, 01:14:26 PM »
As Flick returned, she felt her body relax slightly but the pain from retracting her magic still had her nerves on fire, but she took that pain and used it to do what she always did; she shut her magic down, deep down inside her and slammed a mental lid over it. It was still there, bubbling away inside of her but for now it was contained. As Flick sat down beside her, she reached her hand down to take his hand in hers, she wasn’t sure he would allow the physical contact, but she wanted to show him she wasn’t scared of him and to reassure him that she was no threat to him. She sensed she had almost lost this wonderous and gentle being and it was up to her to mend their burgeoning friendship.

As she turned her face and body towards him, he would see by the strain lines around her eyes and moth that the tensing and curling of her body was caused by pain and not fear.

“I’m not afraid of you Flick, I never was and I am sorry for making you feel rejected or unaccepted. It’s just, I am a little overwhelmed with it all” She tried to smile reassuringly for him but even that small movement sent daggers into her mind. Contact with the earth was speeding up the healing process but since the damage was magical backlash from her own mishandling of her magic, she was unable to use her healing abilities to aid herself therefore the healing process would be slow.

“The only thing I know about vampires is what I have read or seen on movies and TV; even my own family lore cautions against contact with the vampiric kind, but they are not the ones sitting here beside you.” She raised her hand and slowly lifted it to place it against Flicks chest near his heart, she moved slowly, not just because of the pain the movement was causing her but also because she didn’t want to startle her friend. “I sense no darkness in you Flick, no evil. You are light and power and of the wild. First a shifter, now a vampire. You have rocked my world Flick” She looked earnestly into his eyes and if he had allowed her to touch his chest she would leave her hand upon him, but if he had flinched or shown weariness she would have dropped her hand back to her lap. If Flick had allowed her to take his hand she would give it a light squeeze as she continued talking otherwise she would have left it palm down in the sand between them.

“I am alone in this city Flick and I could use a friend to help me find my way and my feet here. I would be truly honoured if that person was you”

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
Flick sat next to her, and listened as she explained. It had been nice to make a new friend, and perhaps her initial reaction to him was a misunderstanding. Humans and witches had a right to fear vampires. Most were selfish, savage monsters to who do nothing but exploit, consume and destroy. He had tried to be better than that, and could appreciate that she was deciding to look past his species. He wasn't afraid of her either, and gave her a hand to hold. The wolf looked up at the moon and howled as a man, a rich tenor reverberating through the night sky. He smiled at the witch, as if to answer if he'd be her friend.

"Well, I don't really know very much about the city. I keep to the woods, but I'll do my best!"

He figured he'd have to come visit her in the big city. He'd have to wear shoes! Oh how he hated footwear, loving the feeling of feet on earth. He wondered what her place would be like, and that he couldn't really have her over to his place. It was a cave. Then he remembered Digital and decided to make introductions.

"You'll have to meet my friend the fortune teller. He's going to love you!" He sounded very excited. 
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 05:59:57 PM »
As he wove his fingers through hers and howled at the moon, she relaxed more and smiled in relief and happiness. She was glad they were going to be friends. There was something about him, an innocence, an inner light and a wildness that eased her spirit and drew her in

"I would be honoured to meet a friend of yours" she was curios about whether or not they were like him, a shifter vampire or if they were human or not, but ultimately it didn't matter. They were a friend of Flicks, that's all that mattered "Maybe you could both come to my Café? I am opening it tomorrow, it's called Sanctuary and its in the western district of the city. I will be living in the apartment above it too so it is also my home as well as my business"

Her headache was pounding and she needed to make herself a remedy, but she didn't want to leave not just yet. Tonight had been so much fun until she almost ruined it. "Or I could come to your place, if you like?"

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2019, 01:54:59 AM »
Flick had been living in the construction site of the Academy. Digital, he, Pinky and Vain had all nested there, and it was nice to have someone to play chasey with. When the witch asked if Flick had his own place, he giggled and turned to her.

"I don't really have a home. The world is my home and I sleep outside most of the time. Nature is the best bed don't you think?"

He laid his head on her lap and seemed content to relax there for a little longer, not quite ready to say goodbye yet either.

"I'll come to your cafe though. I need help talking to people again. I've been on my own for a while. Even my other friends are really new."
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2019, 03:54:44 PM »
She trailed her hand through Flicks hair and along his cheek, her fingers light and soothing as they glided over him as he laid across her lap. The touch was in no way sexual in nature but it was sensual, she just found it hard to resist touching him and so petted his human form as she would have his wolf one.

"No Flick" she said with soft amusement " I don't. Nature is too hard, lumpy and has far too many bed bugs to make a comfortable mattress for my liking"

She lifted her gaze up and looked out towards the sea and watched the waves roll in over the shore, glittering and dancing with the reflective light of the moon and realized she had never been so content in her life. not since her parents death anyway and her memory of the time before that were hazy and colored by childish impressions

"I would like that a lot Flick, and we can help each other to find our place in the world again, I think we have both been too long alone in our own ways"

She looked down at her friend and smiled with happiness before sighing softly with regret.

"We are going to have to go soon Flick, the sun will rise in a few hours. I can feel it starting to stir the earth awake." Her eyes twinkled with sudden mischief "Unless of course vampires shimmer and twinkle in sunlight just like Stephanie Meyer's wrote."

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 08:07:50 AM »
Flick chuckled at the thought of twinkling like Twilight. He supposed if the rumors were true about Golconda that a vampire might be able to walk in the sun again, but he'd never met one pure enough to reach the holy state of being. He had debated attempting to achieve it, but he had no idea how to start. Maybe his new friend could help. She was right about the sun coming soon, and his hunger returned. He liked her playing with his hair. Flick was a wolf more than man, so petting felt good no matter what form he was in. He rose from her lap and began to transform back into the white wolf. His skin burst with fur. Hands and feet became paws, and his button nose and full lips became a snout. He was the wolf once more and howled his celebration.

"If you want to find me again, come to the Meddowcrest woods or to the Kerr wizard school for vampires that's near them. I live below the school. It was nice to play in the moonlight with you."

He run in and lick her face before running off towards the woods he'd mentioned. He would hunt, feed, and then meld into the very earth to sleep, one with the nature he loved so much. He wondered if he'd dream of his new friend.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2019, 01:42:04 AM »
Shiobhan watched in awe as he changed once again in front of her and wondered if it hurt. It certainly looked and sounded like it did, albeit the change was quick so maybe the pain was too.

She laughed as he licked her and tried to give him a hug goodbye but he was as quick as moonlight and just as hard to hold. Once he was gone she got wearliy to her feet and collected all her belongs and made her way home.

It was only as she turned her door handle did she realize what Flick said, where he said she could find him.

"A wizard school for vampires?" How many vampires were there that they needed a school...and wizardry? What powers could they learn and who was the wizard Kerr?

She placed her keys in the empty fruit bowl on the table near the back door and slowly made her way up the stairs for a quick shower and even quicker sleep before she had to open the shop.

If Flick lived near a wizard school then she needed to seriously start practicing her craft if she was going to go visit him. Which she had every intention of doing.