Author Topic: Moon Dreaming  (Read 18859 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Moon Dreaming
« on: February 09, 2019, 12:55:44 AM »
Naoise padded across the motel rooms floor towards the bed and with his tail lashing behind him he leaped on top of it, he circled around a little before curling up near the corner at the bottom right. The day had not at all turned out the way he had expected but then none of the days had been as expected since the moment he coerced Arutha to give him his meatball that day at the small Italian bistro on the boardwalk.

It seemed like years ago now and yet in reality it had been but a few short weeks…or had it been a handful of days? Naoise blinked, he was so tired that time was blurring together and yet he couldn't help but feel excited and dare he think it almost content.

What a day it had been, who knew libraries could be so exciting and full of surprises. Purring loudly he stretched out his legs and kneaded the comforter covering the bed with his claws with half lidded eyes. It was as he lifted his head, he remembered the damn mirror across the way as his own emerald eyes glittered back at him from his reflection.

*Arutha? He called out mentally. *Can we cover this mirror somehow? * The last thing he wanted was for it to be uncovered when the full moon rose and revealed his human reflection contorted grotesquely as it imitated the movements and appurtenance of his trapped animal form

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: Moon Dreaming
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 01:12:06 PM »
Arutha couldn't help but second Naoise's thought as they left the library. This day had been so exhausting but at the same time liberating. For all in one afternoon, they had meet a new friend, gained an ally and found a real lead in freeing Naoise wrapping into one. It was granted that he didn't like how Psych looked at Kevla but he could sort of overlook it for the sake of the bigger picture. Still if the man hurt her, all bets would be off. Though for everyone's sake he didn't want it to come to that.

Kevla on the other hand was a little too focused on remembering her encounter with one of the more fascinating men she had ever met. To be honest she couldn't wait for the next time to come so she could see him again. Though before heading back to the motel room, she had managed to talk Kieran into going out on a grocery run with her. So she went there first. This time apart gave Arutha and her some time to decompress and think about all that had happened in such a short time.

Hearing the other's request, Arutha stepped out from the bathroom with a glass of water in his hand and a small bowl. The glass was for him while the bowl was for Naoise. He hadn't realised quite how thirsty he was until they had gotten back. And so thought that if he was, Naoise might be too. Glancing over the mirror, he went to use a small burst of power to try to tug the same blanket from the other night over it.

"There we are. All better." he said softly, setting down his glass on the table before setting the bowl near Naoise. He remembered all too clearly how the other night had gone. So this request was no surprise to him. "What a day, Kit You know? I never thought that we would run into someone like Psych there, but I feel quite hopeful." he said honestly as he slowly sat himself down on the bed.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »
Naoise watched Arutha walk across the room with interest. He could smell the water and until that moment he hadn’t realized exactly how thirsty he was, and hungry his stomach reminded him with an almost inaudible growl. He loved that Arutha was considerate enough to place the bowl on the bed near him, but he also knew accidents happened and so as Arutha used his powers to move the blanket over the mirror, he used his to hold the bowl firmly in place as he carefully lapped from it. Afterwards he carefully floated the bowl over to the table next to Arutha’s glass. He was going to move back to his nice soft spot on the bed but smiling wickedly to himself he hopped onto Arutha’s lap and made himself at home. Cuddles on Arutha’s lap, now there was a thought.

*I feel hopeful too but also wary and trepidatious. I’m not sure how I feel about that imp either and I am worried about this witch. I mean if she is as powerful as Psych says she is then she may have gained the attention of others in the city as well.* he sent as he curled up on Arutha’s lap and started to purr contedly. *She could become embroiled in the power play of the city Arutha and we could get dragged along with her*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 06:16:15 AM »
Arutha smiled a little as he saw Naoise float the bowl up to set it next to his glass. From the looks of things, his instincts had been right about the other's thirst. The thought made him happy. Now the only concern was their dinner, but that was coming with Kevla when she returned. His lips then twitched with soft amusement when the other decided to hop onto his lap. And so he moved a hand down to try and run his fingers gently over Naoise's silken fur.

"I know what you mean there. Psych almost seems too good to be true. And I definitely don't like how he looks at Kevla. Still on the other hand there was no maliciousness in what he told us. In fact he has gone out of his way so far to help even possibly to his own detriment." Arutha agreed with a small nod as he thoughtfully pet the other. "As for this witch, she is more of a potential wildcard than Psych himself is. I don't know how she might react to our showing up. She could get mad or she could react well. Either way we will have be extra careful in how we proceed." he said softly, glancing back down in his lap at Naoise.

"Still in spite of all this, I think that it is worth the risk." he added sincerely.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 08:38:00 PM »
He had always been a tactile, touchy feelly person, especially with those who were close to him, it wasn’t sexual or about intimacy but more of belonging, of acceptance and sensation, put simply, touching and being touched in return felt pleasing and pleasurable, it also calmed and soothed him. It made him feel safe. So as Aruthas hands glided over him, rubbing and scratching in all the right places, Naoise’s eyes shuttered close in ecstasy as soft purring emanated from him, letting Arutha and the room at large know just how happy he was. As lost to Aruthas ministration as he might be however that didn’t mean he wasn’t paying attention and so cracked open an emerald green eye when he finished talking.

*I don’t know Arutha* he sent as he turned his head and looked up at the man. The look was most definitely not feline and looked and felt un-natural for the cat form. This conversation would be so much better and easier if he were in human form. He could fall back onto the bed, pulling Arutha with him and they could lay there, their lings all jumbled and akimbo and talk earnestly yet quietly away, their faces mere inches apart. What if he couldn’t get free of this collar and curse. What then? What hope was there then? What possibility for any kind of relationship with Arutha then? He couldn’t help but doubt and the thoughts had him wanting to jump out of Arutha’s arms and lap, curl up in a corner somewhere and sulk with his maudlin thoughts. Instead he closed his eyes and rubbed his head against Arutha’s abdomen. * it isn’t the risk I am worried about* he shared with the man *but having hope and then having it shattered upon the harshness of reality. I haven’t dared hope this hard in I don’t know how long. I have been this way so long I think I became resigned to it. * he sighed sadly * Hoping, believing in a brighter future scares me more then torture or the collars wrath. I would say more then death but even that has been denied me* He felt his thoughts and mood getting darker but this was a road he and Arutha had been down before and nothing gets as boring as repetition so he gave himself a mental shake and slap and tried to change the topic to something a little less depressing.

*So what exactly worries you about Kevla and Psych? You not happy about them possible getting naked and sweaty together? * he sent amusedly.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 05:14:01 AM »
Ever since Micah had gone missing, Arutha had felt the opposite when it came to touch. It was too hard for it brought up so many memories, but ever since he had met Naoise he was different. It wasn't about sex, but this connection that he never expected to have with someone again. So he couldn't help but try to take advantage of every opportunity to touch Naoise and pet his soft fur. For it grounded him, soothed nerves and made him feel just that much closer to the man. It was strange to say let alone think, but sometimes one had to take a leap of faith. So he couldn't help but smile as he listened to the other's contented purring.

When Naoise flicked open an emerald green eye, he paused in his petting as their eyes locked. He could see the emotion and worry there. It made him want to wrap Naoise in his arms and never let him go, feline form or not. "I know, Kit." he started to stay as he tenderly resumed his petting as the other butted his head against his torso. "You have been through so much. So it is natural to fear the unknown and possibility of this being taken away." he said gently. Even though they had talked about this before it was a real concern. "But the thing is we are that much closer now and don't forget our dream last night. So lean on me and I'll help you to hope because I'm not giving up on it or you, Kit." he told him sincerely.

When Naoise changed the subject, he made a small face at the question. "Kevla getting hurt. I know that she is a big girl and can make her own decisions, but it's my job as her brother to protect her. So it feels a little fast and I don't want anything to backfire on her." he admitted softly with a small sigh. His twin had always been more carefree when it came to her sexuality. And yet on the other hand when Kevla fell for someone she fell hard. This was the risk that he worried about.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 12:27:12 AM »
*That is understandable, I remember that way about my sister* he sent back softly as he had a sudden image of his sister walking through the village near their family croft and smiling at the young men who watched her with hungry eyes.

The runes on the collar shimmered as the vindictive piece of god crafted jewelry constricted around Naoise’s throat and sent small yet excruciating electrical volts into his brain causing the cat to suddenly jerk and convulse in Arutha’s arms as foam and dribble formed in the corners of Naoise’s mouth and slowly dripped down his jaw and small, soft piteous meows of agony slipped almost breathlessly from his mouth. As the collar slowly returned to normal, releasing Naoise from its horrible grip all Arutha would hear down the mental link were Naoise’s eventual soft yet frantic repeated words of * Nopastnopastnopast. I-have-no-past, nopastnopastnopastnopast*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 11:54:18 AM »
Arutha started to nod at that. He was just about ready to say something else when he saw the tell-tale shimmer of the runes on Naoise's collar. "Oh shit." he breathed just as the blasted collar reacted so vindictively. "No..no no! Leave him be! It's my fault! You son of a bitch! Let him go!" he cussed out, addressing the collar as he carefully cradled Naoise's convulsing body in his arms. There wasn't anything more he could do. He had to wait it out but this wouldn't be forever. Soon he would take that off his companion and stomp it into the ground. Or so he vowed to himself.

When the shocks stopped and he heard Naoise take a shuttering breath, his eyes teared up a little with relief at the same time his heart hurt at those frantic words. "I've got you, Kit. Just breathe." he worriedly murmured.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
He slumped in Aruthas arms and as the pain slowly eased and he could breath free once more, a tear formed and slipped from his shuttered eyes. Even during that torture he had heard Arutha’s cry of anguish and had felt his arms around him. And so, he cried, not for himself but for Arutha and the pain and torment he was causing him. He didn’t deserve it, didn’t deserve to be pulled into this living nightmare with him. He had expressed concern for Kevla getting hurt by some random, but what about him? Wasn’t he doing exactly that to Arutha? Wasn’t he breaking his glorious and gentle heart? Who was protecting and watching out for this caring and beautiful man, who was protecting Arutha from him?

Maybe he should just leave both siblings would be better off with him out of their lives, they would most definitely safer. By Daghdha they were willing to go meet an unknown and apparently psychotic shifter and a witch because of him. They deserved better treatment then this surely.

He was about to get up and run out but as Arutha murmured soothingly above him and gently stroked his fingers through his fur so tenderly he remembered that Arutha had his own heartbreak had already mysteriously lost someone he cared so deeply for. Running out on him would only deepen that pain, maybe even irrevocable scarring him. No just walking out wasn’t the right thing to do, he would see this witch and after Arutha heard there was nothing she could do, he would understand why he must leave. There was no hope and no future for them.

He stirred and opening his eyes he looked tiredly up at Arutha.

*I am so sorry Mo grá, for everything*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 01:48:20 PM »
Arutha's heart ached as he saw those tears as he carefully cradled the other close. This poor, poor man, he couldn't dream of all that Naoise has been through during his long life. He couldn't deny all the pain and anguish in those emerald green eyes as they locked eyes. It made him want to soothe his every hurt, his every pain as well as fiercely protect him. The depth of this feeling surprised him. He hadn't thought that he could feel anything like love again but with every moment they were together the man ever so surely became a part of him.

Emotions flickered through those tired eyes and he found himself feeling sort of angry at what he saw. "There's nothing to be sorry for, Kit. It's not your fault. It's that bloody collar." he said firmly as he ever so gently tried to pet him. "I would say more about it but I think it knows and they would include several choice swear words." he added before letting out a breath.

"I won't deny that you scared the hell out of me when it did that. Still there is one thing that I will say, I will free you Kit." he said determinedly. "I know that we've only known each other a short time but you matter to me, Kit."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 01:49:01 PM »
Naoise cuddled into Arutha and managed a weak purr, weakened as he was from the collar’s attention. At Arutha’s final words he looked up at the man holding him and gently brushed his mind against his. *You matter to me too Arutha. So much so that at times it scares me*

He lowered his head and curled up in Arutha’s lap, those small movements all he could manage at the moment with his body still aching and sore from its recent trauma but his mind still stayed softly connected to his friends.

*I haven’t felt this strongly about anybody in a long time, and now all this. I don’t know what to do anymore. I used to have control of my life, now it’s a mad and twisting whirly dervish and I feel guilty for dragging you and your sister into it but at the same time…* he turned his gently mental touch into a caress of his thoughts against Arutha’s *I am so glad you are here with me, that you are in my life, that I am not alone* his mental touch turned to normal as he started to retreat back to himself. * I guess that makes me a selfish creature as well but if it means I get to have you here with me, for however long you choose to stay then I don’t think I overly care Mo grá*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 01:40:40 PM »
Arutha ever so gently cradled Naoise close as the other let out a weak purr. The sound both worried him as well as lifted his heart a little. He couldn't help it. He cared for him more than he thought he ever do again. After Micah had disappeared, his heart had broken and had shut down. And now during the short time that he had known Naoise, it had more than awoken. He even dared to think about the "l word" again. Yes it was quick and yes it was strange, but it felt real.

At the tender brush of Naoise's mind against his own, his face reddened as his ears rang with those honest words. They echoed his own feelings and amazement as well as flattery filled his hunter green eyes.

"Neither have I. The last time I felt anything close to this was with Micah. And now I care and I don't know what to say or do." Arutha said equally as honestly, letting his fingers carefully pet him as the other rested on his lap. "All I know for certain is that I wouldn't change a thing, Kit. I know that things are so crazy now with all of this, but I feel alive again. You did that." he added. He couldn't help but close his eyes briefly as the tender touch against his thoughts turned to a caress. For it felt good and again reaffirmed this feeling of rightness that he had.

He then had to gently smile at Naoise's last words and shake his head. "You're not selfish, Kit. You are the least selfish person I know. You want what we all do, to not be alone. And it is something that you'll never be again because I'm here." Arutha found himself saying earnestly.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 11:27:57 PM »
He knew not how long he was enveloped in the blackness of unconsciousness, it could have been moments or hours, but he recognized the summoning of his spirit and so allowed it to tug him through the shifting and eerie blue ether that made up the world of dreams.

He found himself forming the image of his human body as he was pulled into the pocket of a sleeping mind and smiled at the fluctuating, humanoid shape of pure energy that flicked so brightly at his feet. It was Arutha and he was obviously struggling between the level beneath deep sleep and the dreaming beta level of sleep. Dream Walking was one of those rare talents that couldn’t be taught no matter how much someone studied and tried to practice. You had to be born with the gift and even then, it was one of the hardest talents to learn and master. Naoise had the knowledge but lacked the born skill, his grandmother had had it and had been one of the most renown and respected Dream Walkers of her time. Arutha obviously had the innate skill but lacked the knowledge and together they had managed to achieve the impossible.

He sat down on the insubstantial ground and laid his hand on what should have been Arutha’s shoulder and called to him, hoping to pull and stabilize him into this reality.

“Arutha” he called softly. The physical sound of his voice filling the space startled him enough that he jerked back in surprise. As the shock wore off, he laughed self-deprecatingly at his jumpiness and reached out to touch Arutha again when he realized he was naked. Being a cat meant nakedness was natural for him, but he knew it made Arutha uncomfortable so he summoned clothes for himself. A loose white linen tunic formed over his upper body whilst his lower half was clothed in beige coloured linen breeches. Figuring he was now considered decent, he stretched out his hand and touched Arutha’s astral body and called softly to him again.

“Arutha. I am here, follow my voice Mo grá and come here to me.”

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 12:03:34 PM »
The pair soon settled down for night after Kevla and Kieran had returned with dinner. Arutha had curled close to Naoise as he fell asleep.

Time past. He wasn't certain as to how long had gone by but his thoughts settled on the one man who he was growing closer and closer to, Naoise. He couldn't help it. During their shot time, the man even in feline form had slowly but surely worked his way into being one of the family as well as dare he think hopefully more. It was hard. He wanted to admit what he felt but there was a part of him that held back because of the loss of Micah.

As his thoughts focused more on Naoise, he heard what sounded like the other's voice in the distance calling his name. Instinct made him follow that sound and as he did the energy that was him slowly began to solidify in this realm of dreams. It was an echo of his appearance in the waking world, down to the blue plaid pajama pants and grey t-shirt he had put on prior to bed.

Arutha's hunter green eyes opened and they widened as they took in Naoise in his human form. "Oh...wow." he breathed. "I didn't think...I wasn't sure I could do it again and now I'm here with you, Kit." he said happily.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 03:43:10 PM »
As Arutha’s eyes opened and looked up at him, Naoise’s breath caught in his throat as his stomach clenched tight and his heart fluttered with the sight. As those hunter green eyes caught his own he could no longer deny the truth. He had fallen and was completely in love with this man.

“Hello Mo gra” he said softly with a silly grin on his face. This was truly Arutha and not a future projection of him, nor was Naoise a mere distorted and twisted reflection of his cursed self and therefore this was their first actual meeting man to man and he suddenly felt self-conscious. His black hair fell around him like a midnight cloud as he started to chuckle softly

“Do you realise this is our actual first meeting man to man?” He sat back a little allowing Arutha space to move and sit up if he wished but his emerald coloured eyes never wavered from Arutha’s gaze

“ Suddenly I feel as nervous as a virgin on her wedding night” he said with a slight brush and a lopsided smile.