Author Topic: Merry-Go-Round  (Read 6086 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Re: Merry-Go-Round
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 12:01:50 PM »
Jake liked being the one with the information and became even more stimulated that he'd gotten Lazarus to ask questions. He hypothesized stringing this out was likely to frustrate the ancient. Some frustration could be good. He liked seeing Lazarus get a little mad, and honestly the sex was better when there was a touch of conflict. However, he didn't want to start a fight. He wanted to celebrate and so he decided being direct might be the best solution after all. When Lazarus moved his hand from groin to thigh he gave a tiny pout, as if he hoped Lazarus wouldn't be away from that region long.

"Pet, because I wouldn't ever call him a mentee, temporary as Charon and Kerr will want him back eventually. He's in his room."

He laughed at the thought of Ben being an apartment regular. He spoke about him like a teenager who was grounded, and in the context of vampires he basically was. What would Lazarus think of the fact that Charon had assigned Ben to him?
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 12:10:13 PM »
Lazarus' hand headed back to Jake's groin while the other thought about withholding information, and he even starting his caresses up once more, listening as Jake's explained, a little disappointed that it had nothing to do with making Ben behave like an baby animal. At the last sentence, Lazarus flinched and yanked his hand away and he tried to bodily turn Jake around (to no avail) in order to see his face.

"What? He's here? What did you do?!"

Lazarus had misinterpreted, thinking that Jake had somehow conned or stolen Ben away from the Ancient, perhaps threatening his life as a way of forcing the alliance to happen. If that was the case, Jake could deal with that shit on his own. Lazarus wasn't going to stand in the way of a vampire that was a thousand years more powerful than him, looked like that and was pissed off to all hell at having his toy taken away.

"What the fuck, Jake?"

Because he couldn't turn Jake around, he did the next best thing and scrambled off the couch, leaving as he'd entered, by pulling up his long legs, getting them underneath himself and stepping off.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 12:56:45 PM »
Jake whipped around his head and gave Lazarus a look like he was stupid, a rare rebuke at this point in the budding friendship. He curled around, and lit a fresh cigarettes, not immediately answering Lazarus. He was angry that he assumed some kind of failure. He didn't make him wait too long, for fear of further harshness or that he'd be petty and leave.

"Charon gave him to me as an act of recompense after Ben offended me. I let him live at the time which I think Charon thought made him look wait. He placed Ben on his knees in front of me and made him my ward until he learns he lesson."

Now would come an apology or a fight.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 01:05:24 PM »
Relief flooded into him when he realised there would be no angry ugly fuckers coming his way to take him out for being Jake's bystander. At the same time, he was horrified that Jake would take the bait.

"Learn his lesson... learn his lesson?" Lazarus repeated, then laughed, a dry, mirthless thing. "What lesson is he learning, love? To be more polite to you? Or how to better prove his loyalty to Charon by following his command? If that monster gave you something, what does he want from you in return? You don't believe he did it just out of kindness, do you? Do you think he got to where he is by being kind?" Lazarus shook his head and his voice dropped to a growl. "You were blind. Ben blinded you. That's what he does. Me for wanting him. You for wanting revenge on him. Different reasons, same mistake. And now you owe the beast."

Lazarus threw up his arms and started to walk away, but turned on his heel and placed his hands on his hips instead, staring at Jake and wanting him to argue, to prove how he was actually smarter than the three milennial year old fucker. He wanted to be soothed. He wanted his lover to show him he was wrong.

Ben, meanwhile, heard Lazarus' raised voice and stood just inside the doorway of his room, listening.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 02:38:24 PM »
Jake's face became a cold and severe mask, his youth looking out of place with something that harsh and hateful. His volume dropped but the savage intensity of his next words could only be described as soft yelling.

"Keep your fucking voice down," he hissed. "He's likely listening to you scream and rave." He pointed towards the room where Ben was staying and highlighted that the distance wasn't too great. He stood too. It was slow, deliberate, and calculated. He'd move to close the distance between them, his physical presence older and more polished than Lazarus had yet seen it.

"I didn't get where I am by refusing good faith attempts at an alliance. Charon looked into Ben's mind through a kiss and saw how he'd treated me. His whole purpose seemed to correct that error. Ben is important to him, and he felt Ben's actions reflected poorly on the Sacramentum and him personally. I promised Charon nothing but that I wound't kill Ben, and we both know debts are outlined pretty specifically in our culture. As to how I plan on using Ben perhaps speak a little softer to me and I'll tell you."

He thought about adding in, "or leave," but he didn't want Lazarus to leave. He wanted him to be brought round. He wanted him to see how good this was for them both. Jake tore an eye to the hallway leading to Ben's room to make sure the little upstart hadn't crept into view.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 04:14:22 PM »
Lazarus looked where Jake was pointing, deducing that Ben was down the corridor somewhere, though he couldn't see him nor sense him. He looked back at Jake when his lover slowly got up. Hope bloomed in his chest, even though Jake looked murderous. It looked like he did have a plan, and when he explained it, Lazarus listened intently, except it wasn't quite the mic drop he'd been expecting.

"Is Ben really so important to him, though?" Lazarus queried, but softly this time, doing as Jake asked. "Isn't he just a pawn temporarily in favour? Charon's family is what's important to him. The Venture club is what's important to him. Maybe Ben was important to him, but I don't see how he could be as useful now to Charon now that Kerr is back. When I said to put him in your pocket or in your bed, I didn't mean for him to be a fixture here" He huffed and looked to the side, "And even though Kerr's not the Luminary anymore, loads of people liked that twat, including you. What if Kerr comes here, demanding or begging for you to give his fledge back. You'd have to burn a bridge with someone, either Kerr or Charon. I know you'd stick with who's currently in power, but love, I'm proof that leadership changes in this city quite often." Lazarus stepped forward, closing the distance between them, reaching a hand out to Jake's face, intending on caressing his cheek if he was allowed. "And now I'll listen to your plan, but I wanted you to know why I'm concerned."

Because Lazarus wasn't stupid, and he hadn't missed Jake's withering stare.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 04:26:40 PM »
"He's important enough," Jake clarified, tone sounding annoyed. He did let the check touch go through, and it seemed to temper his anger a bit. He'd listened to Lazarus speak, showing him good faith by not cutting him off, but he felt like the blonde was overreacting. If Kerr came and demanded Ben back, Jake would simply refer him to Charon, and if Ben left with Kerr he burned his bridge with the Sacramentum, not Jake's. He told these things to Lazarus first but then addressed his statement about leverage. 

"I don't need the kind of leverage you're talking about. That would be if we were enemies or fighting over turf. We're not. All I need from him is to stay out of my way when I take the west, which we are doing tomorrow by the way."

He knew Lazarus wanted to hear his plan for Ben, but in truth he didn't have one yet, and Lazarus on some level could smell it. He needed time to think how best to take advantage of the situation. He hoped his lure to annexing the west proved a large enough distraction to pull Lazarus off of Ben for a moment, just long enough for him to think of a satisfying response. 
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 04:32:15 PM »
When his fingers brushed cool skin but he received no movement from Jake; no touching of his hand or anything beyond frozen acceptance, he dropped his hand, hooking his thumbs into the belt loops of his jeans.

Lazarus' eyebrows raised when Jake spoke of taking the West so soon. Since he'd said he wasn't fighting over turf with anyone, obviously Jake hadn't told him all of what had transpired between him and Charon.

"So you have Sacramentum behind you on this," he said thoughtfully. "Clever."

Because Jake taking Charon's pet and then taking the West without mentioning it to the ancient family wasn't anything Lazarus thought he would do.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 04:40:24 PM »
"Thank you," the vampire said.

Jake realized his mistake in not giving Lazarus affection. He was learning his cues and signals and went to kiss his neck in apology. He wanted embrace, and wanted Lazarus to know that he waned it. He looked up at him, more hopeful for the direction of the conversation. He would try and move him back towards the couch, stealing another look to make sure Ben was still in his room.

"I don't think they'll send troops or anything, but I don't need that. All I need is when we do move in if somebody decides to pick a fight or petition the Ward that I will have a glowing recommendation from Charon, which..." Here, he paused. He didn't know if he should tell Lazarus about the kiss. He knew what he thought of Charon's looks. Would he look down on him? Why did he care that he might?

"Which I am sure he will be willing to provide." He sounded confident, his eyes somewhere else for a moment.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 04:55:07 PM »
"You have a stronger stomach than me," Lazarus commended, but it wasn't just stomach. Lazarus didn't meet with too many vampires older than him. It had left him with a sense of invulnerability. Charon reminded him that there were others who were physically stronger, and he despised that he was weaker than some freak who looked frail.

Lazarus wrapped his hands around Jake, resting his head atop the shorter man, looking to one side and down the corridor that led to Ben's room. Even as he gave and took comfort from his current lover, and heard all the reasons behind bringing Ben into their home, he still wondered about the young vampire's place here and how he would fit in. And what games could be played with him. And if Jake would be angry if Lazarus inquired with the youngling if he was... keen... to revisit some of their past activities.

As if summoned by Lazarus' thoughts, Ben peered out the doorway, wondering why the arguments had grown silent. He'd heard the hissing and whispering - being vampire and all - but now there was nothing. When he looked, he locked eyes with Lazarus, who couldn't help but curl a devious smile, and Ben thought he might have an advantage here after all.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 06:32:43 AM »
Jake didn’t notice Ben peer around the corner or Lazarus lock eyes with him. He was too relaxed, and honestly felt too good. He was beginning to trust Lazarus. He was harsh, rude, and sometimes a little obtuse, but he seemed to believe in Jake, and that gave the younger vampire the confidence to believe in him. He smiled as Lazarus wrapped his arms around him,

“You’re stronger than you think,” he told Lazarus, a dreamy comment from a happy man. But he meant it, and grabbed one of Lazarus fingers and started sucking on it a bit. It wasn’t over the top, but hinted at where he wanted the night to go. He was unaware of Lazarus’s own plans for Ben, or that Ben saw Lazarus as an advantage. He was content for once. It rarely happened. 
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 09:03:34 AM »
Lazarus pulled back when Jake called him strong - strong enough to deal with the Sacrament? Only if he was forced to. Jake's gentle suckling elicited an eager purr from the blonde, and the anticipation went straight to his crotch - just as Jake imagined. His imagination came up with all sorts of ideas... he glanced down the corridor again but Ben was no longer there. Never mind, he and Jake could play with each other.

For now.