Author Topic: Back to Business  (Read 12458 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Back to Business
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 09:34:11 PM »
“The North has no current leader. Its people have been abandoned, and that part of the city has been left to rot. The supernatural community of the north is scattered and segregated, along with the remaining members of the former leader’s pack of lunatic mutts. The people of the north have become anyone’s meat to do with as they please, they clamor for a Leader and are ripe for the picking.” He disliked the idea of having to work with the werewolves, but they were the largest of the supernatural group in the north and they were just laying around waiting to be scooped up. “The mutts are worse than the undead, but I will make them mine…for now, and use them to support my claim.”

Not sure that was enough to convince her, he leaned back in. his lips almost brushing against her nape as he whispered conspiratorially near her ear

“I also have a long and distinguished relationship with the very elusive Clan Leader of the Morrigu Bird Shifters, and they have already agreed to give me their full backing and support.”

Bird shifters weren’t worth shit in a physical fight generally, but, Shae Nicfahgaen’s clan of shifters were famous for their spying abilities and were very sought after but rarely found. Their bird form and their psychic energy once shapeshifted was indistinguishable from that of an ordinary animal, plus they had a natural and unassailable defense against any type of mind reading, control and manipulation, and their loyalty once given, bordered on the fanatical. Thet entire clan now belonged to him.

He had other associates arriving from overseas as well, but they would remain a secret, for now.

The flaring of anger and arousal in her aura plus their combined emotional tension caused him to become even more aroused. His hands slid around her hips, his fingers sliding over the top of her pants and under the hem of her blouse, his fingertips gliding ever so lightly over her perfect, smooth, satin soft skin. The caress of his touch was hot and teasingly fleeting before his fingers were once again resting on the fabric of her pants as he tugged her ever so slightly closer towards the center of him.

He paused there, his body becoming still, taught, thrumming with suppressed power and eagerness, then with a delicate brushing of his lips, he laid a kiss upon her nape, it was the merest, lightest, physical touch possible and with that smallest, most delicate of touches he sent a thrill of power to dance across her skin. It was a tester, a prelude to what kind of pleasure...and pain he was capable of giving. It was a tickle, a mere sting; like sticking your tongue on a 9v battery, causing small spiderwebs of electricity to spread, tease, tantalize and shock her delicate flesh, with the feel of his warm lips delicately brushing against her as its center point.

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 03:39:26 AM »
Her skin prickled with his lips so close - a daring creature! She liked that, and would indulge in this simple moment of pleasure and plotting so long as it didn't become a challenge to keep him in line. His words so close and like silk near her ear caused a stir in her, the slightest of shift in her weight on him. How she loved this game! Warm hands slipping boldly under her clothes for a brief moment before retreating back to a safe distance, the tug of his hands on her thighs as he pulled her closer to his manhood. She loved it all. Zoheret allowed a small, almost girlish gasp to escape her and a smile as he pulled her closer - a planned sound, but her partner would never know. She did love his words, love his expression, love his body now that she was so close to it. Hell, she even loved his command, his temperament. But she would never give up her position so easily.

"And what makes you think they will open their arms up to a Dark Angel and not try to push one of their own to the forefront the moment you seek them out?"

Seduction was one of her specialties and one way or another, she always got what she wanted. Saraekiel could have access to whatever he wanted from her - her flesh, her sex, her thoughts - but her submission to him, her power was her own. She had taken her position as the Oligarch by force and sheer will. She would have taken the entire city had the Oligarchy been smart enough to trust her. But men were weak, especially the power-hungry. 

As he placed his lips upon her, praising her like the goddess she was, she bit her lower lip softly, turning her neck to allow for easier praise. But that sharp bite of pleasurable electricity he sent through her made her jolt in surprise, her hand on his chest clasping his collar and her body jerking uncontrollably towards him. It lasted only a moment, dancing across her skin, down to the tips of her wings. Zoheret let out an unplanned gasp that came from her core, deeper and more sensual than before. Her wings fluttered and opened half way, an instinctual reaction to alarm she hadn't suppressed yet. She pulled away from those lips forcefully, unprepared. Her control of the situation wavered for that brief moment as she glowered at Saraekiel, now close enough to kiss.

"You've not convinced me how you're going to persuade these werewolf clans to support your usurpation of their territory." Colder now, more like a queen, but still with a subtle taste of her runaway desire. "What makes this plan different than McCloud's in the West?"

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 01:24:42 AM »
He smiled with satisfaction as she jerked away from him, there and quickly gone. Her fluted wings, the shocked gasp filled with honest and gut deep pleasure, the sudden uncontrolled jerk towards him, and the involuntary clutching at his chest and collar, proved her first and obviously orchestrated gasp for what it was, a lie. He didn’t mind, not at all, it was all part of the game, and he had just won the first round. She obviously wasn’t finished playing this particular game though as she was still straddling him, still so very close, still pinning him to the chair. Her lips were just a breath away, as red, inviting and as dangerous as an apple in Eden. He wanted to taste them, to nibble and taste that forbidden fruit but doing so now would only give the lead in this little side game of theirs back to her. If she wanted to continue the game, he would play; most assuredly as his arousal was real; as was hers but, if she wanted it to progress further than she would have to come to him.

He pulled away from her slightly, leaning back in the chair, his eyes filled with desire but fully away of the game they played and where they stood in it.

He was also aware he was doing exactly what she demanded. Telling her the how’s, the when’s, the why’s. It irked him, this feeling as if he needed to answer to someone, to seek their approval, their permission as if he belonged to them, submissive to them. he understood she needed to know whether he was worth backing, worth working with but what exactly did she want?  Was she looking for a guarantee? A sure bet? Eternity and life held no guarantees. There was him or there was her, alone, holding onto her position by kissing vampire ass, by kneeling at their feet, waiting for them to allow her to keep her power or take it away as they chose. Surely she must see that they were stronger together then apart, but he understood…she needed more if she was to risk what she already had.

He picked up his scotch and took a sip, his grey eyes watching her from over the rim. They were narrowed slightly as he thought on how best to answer, but they also gleamed with challenge, a knowing, self-satisfied awareness that he had caused her to respond so sensually, so uncontrollably so genuinely to his touch.

“I’m not going to kill them or force them. Doing so would only make them rebel, make me no better than that filthy undead upstart, nor do I have any leverage or information to use as a leash” He shook his head slightly, his hair shifting around his face with the movement. He really wanted to get up off of his wings, to ruffle them, open then, stretch them. He hated been trapped in the chair but that too was part of the game, the forced discomfort, the restraining of him. It added another flavor to his arousal, another edge to this mild, sensual, battle of wills.

“I have nothing but the reality of the situation. I will simply point out the truth. The city is in turmoil and the territories are obviously up for grabs proven by Jake’s murderous land grab. They have no-one to stand up to him if he decides to take the north and as Jake as their District leader they were most likely as good as dead, that, or neutered, collared and caged.".

He placed the drink back on the table beside him and continued

“I will point out that their former leader has betrayed them by abandoning them, left them weak, too weak to take their territory back. If they weren’t, they would have done it already. Their former leaders’ abandonment has allowed them to be slowly hunted down and killed.” He smiled sharply

“ I will make it clear, their choices ere simple; Jake, demons…or me. I at least will let them live in peace, let them regroup, grow strong. I am not interested in running or taking over their pack, but I will offer them and the northern territory community security, and all they need do to get it is support my claim as their District Leader, to stand behind me and answer my call if and when I need them.”

In a way it was the same deal he was making with her. Work with him, work together. Who else did she have to watch her back? To guard her flank? Who else could she trust…be herself with?

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 08:36:33 AM »
She twittered and closed her wings close to her body as Saraekiel spoke, listening and moving pieces. He sounded convinced of himself, but Zoheret wasn't as sure of his words. There was a bit too much confidence there. His kiss - or rather, her reaction to said kiss - had unsettled her. Once again his daring had gone farther than she had anticipated, but this time he coaxed her pleasure while telling her of his own power. His initiation of the act of intimacy and then trying to take advantage of her position. She would not be seduced. Either their agreement would result in a mutual benefit of pleasure and power, or there would be all-out war between them. She would compromise as was necessary to exist in politics. She would trust. But she had no hand out for Saraekiel to fill. She would fill her own.

Instead of following him deeper into position, she placed her feet firmly on the ground and stood up in one graceful motion. She lingered there for a long moment, her perfect waist at his eye level as she looked down upon him.

"And what assurances do I have that you won't betray me when I openly support your decision as District Leader of the North?" She put her hand in his locks and brushed them to the side of his face with attentive care and an icy gaze. She had chosen her words purposely. Open support. When, not if. She would step off the ledge of peace with this creature because she was being promised the ability to fly. But of course, there were no guarantees in immortality.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 12:40:28 AM »
Saraekiel felt regret and disappointment as Zoheret stood up, their game had been fun, and he had hoped Zoheret would have chosen to take it further, and maybe she would, but he doubted it would progress any further tonight.

At her words he visibly relaxed. He had hoped Zoheret would stand with him but he hadn't expected it. Zoheret was a power onto herself and one that should never be taken for granted or underestimated. She was right, he was better with her then against her and he knew there was no one else he could trust, was worthy of his trust.

He stared at her perfect waist before slowly raising his eyes to hers as she looked down upon him and as she pushed his hair back from his face he leaned into her touch before standing up also. Their bodies were no more than a breath away from each other and he could feel the warmth of her pressing against him as he raised his right hand and caressed her face from temple, down across her perfect cheekbone, her cheek and down to her neck before dropping his hand back to his side. There was no power in his touch, it was just a simple and honest caress of appreciation, an acknowledgement of her beauty, her power, both as a female of his race and of herself, for she deserved respect and was worthy of it.

“Assurances? Words are cheap Zoheret, but they are all I have right now. I give you my loyalty” he smiled wryly. Loyalty to him was of utmost importance, he neither offered it lightly or very often and was unbreakable unless they betrayed him, then may the Creator forgive them because he would not. “and my oath to never betray that loyalty. I will stand beside you and behind you. I will watch your back and protect your flank.”

He smiled again though in amusement this time as he continued “I am not swearing obedience, but I will give you my honesty. No more power games between us…unless they are mutually fun ones.” He tilted his head slightly and gave her a considering look. Trusting one of his kind was hard since no one had ever betrayed him as badly or as completely like his own kind had. “However, I expect the same in return. Your loyalty and honesty; argue with me as much as you like, disagree, tell me no, but just be honest and don’t betray me and I will be your best and most loyal ally…and friend, if that is something of worth to you”

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 09:01:13 AM »
She allowed him to touch her face and neck, but her gaze remained cold and unfriendly. The part of her that enjoyed their tension, his proximity to her, was shoved away to be explored at a different time - perhaps during self-pleasuring moments - and she offered him nothing but an icy business exterior. Zoheret refused to allow herself to be so swayed again by his pretty words and handsome face until he made progress on ending the reign of Jake McCloud. 

"You have both my loyalty and honesty, District Leader." Her hazel eyes flicked onto his lips lingering for a very brief moment before finding those haunting eyes again. "And my resources, should the need arise." She moved away from him with one final stinging glance, retracing her way back to her desk where her attention was captured by the papers and notes she had left for herself earlier, as if he were not there and that tension didn't linger thickly in the air.

"One question before you leave, however." She flicked through her papers on her desk, looking for a page on which to write. Finding a proper one, she lifted a fountain pen and jotted down a thought to get it out of her head, her script neat and narrow. "What sin caused your Fall?"

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 01:10:47 AM »
He watched her walk away with nothing but admiration and regret. Tonight could have gone so differently, and a part of him admitted giving into Zoheret wouldn't have been so bad, in fact it could have been mind blowingly, soul rippingly great, but, he knew if it had gone down that route then that's all it would have been between them. Sex, and Zoheret would never see him as anything else but a toy and a tool to be used.

Instead he had gained an ally and had earned a modicum of her trust and loyalty, which was of far more value. The tension and the attraction he felt for her was real however and so maybe one day, who knew.

He picked up his coat and started to put it on as he headed to the door when she asked her parting question. it stopped him in his tracks and he looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Now, that was daring and presumptuous in the extreme. There was nothing more personal, more intimate or revealing for their kind than sharing that, except for what made them choose to become dark. She had him in a bind and they both knew it. He had offered honesty and there was no better way to prove it. There was no anger in him however at being maneuvered into revealing so much of himself, in fact he found himself admiring her all the more.

He slowly slipped his arms into his biker jacket and straightened it around him before he answered.

"The worst and most unforgivable sin of all." he finally said before walking to the door. Once there he turned his head and looked at her, waiting till she lifted her honey coloured eyes and met his gaze. They were cold, demanding and impatient as his lips curled upwards in a slow and wicked smile.

Honesty between them then.

"Love, Zoheret. I fell for Love." he admitted with a wink before slipping out the door. Let her think of that as she willed.