Author Topic: Eldest Son  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Eldest Son
« on: February 22, 2019, 03:44:35 AM »
For Matt <3

Jake sat in the upstairs section of the White Rabbit, smoking a cigarette and relaxing. He knew he'd been talking with Lazarus later, but now he waited on another blonde.  So much had happened last night; Charon's disapproval but ultimate support of the Anarchs taking the west, Jake insulting Damien, meeting and feeding from Murphy, Digital’s prophecies and deepening a connection with Seb.

However, Jake had been disappointed Scott hadn’t attended and in a rare display of “parenting” summoned him via his presence discipline. Scott would have no choice but to stop what he was doing and head towards Jake in the fastest route possible. He’d be able to change his clothes or get his affairs in order, but he’d feel a nagging, overwhelming pull to be near Jake. The longer he resisted the harsher the pull would become, and the closer he got the better he’d feel.

Jake was wearing a short unicorn shirt, cut up black jeans and converse. His hair was bed head, and his nails had been freshly cleaned to remove the black nail polish from the night before. He was giving twink first time at the bar, and he looked to the stairs where he was sure Scott would enter from. The second floor was closed except for a bartender who was working to get the floor ready for opening time.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
  • Write with no boundaries.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Eldest Son
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »
Scott had never been the type to dress up and mingle with the higher ups, that was Jake's job.  Scott preferred the low profile.  Of course he'd gotten the invitation but he tossed it.  Things didn't exactly go well the last time he was in a crowd setting.

Scott was finishing up a shave, after weeks, when he felt the pull to Jake.  The big party had ended the night before and Scott guessed that Jake wanted to catch him up on what happened.  He could've just called  Scott threw on a flannel and grabbed his car keys.

Scott moved up the stairs with heavy boot steps.  It had been awhile since Scott had been to the rabbit when it was full.  But the night was just starting, he gathered from the bartender that this was shaping up to be a busy one.  Scott looked around, wondering if Sam would be here as well, or their new friend Luke.  But it was just Jake.  Scott stepped to the black leather couch Jake was perched on.  The blonde put his hands on his hips and smiled a bit, looking down at Jake. "Wow," he said. "I think this is the gayest you've ever looked."
INFUSCO: Scott / Blake / Parker
ZOMBIE MANIA: Christian / Joel
HALFLIGHT: Mason

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 02:36:07 PM »
Jake gave a tight smirk to Scott, honestly just happy to see him. He'd shaved finally. He hadn't looked bad with a beard, but it just wasn't his face. Jake had grown used to that face over the years. He had come when summoned, but he also didn't seem to mind. That was good. Maybe Scott wanted to visit too. He pointed for Scott to sit and quickly thought of a snarky reply.

Okay bitch!

"Funny. In that flannel you look like a lesbian." He couldn't help but stick his tongue out, and followed up their greeting with a bright laugh.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 01:20:43 PM »
Scott accepted the invitation to sit and laughed along with Jake.  Scott loved these moments, just getting to sit with his friend and enjoy the company.  They'd known each other for years but a lot of their time together had been bogged down by wars and death.  These relaxing moments were rare for the two of them, and Scott finally forgot about the rest of the world for a moment.

"So what's up, I felt the pull."  Scott raised his hands and gave finger quotes when he said 'the pull'.  He wasn't very good at remember the correct vampire lingo.  "Is everything ok?"

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 02:19:31 PM »
Jake was enjoying the moment too. Scott seemed more relaxed than last time they'd met, and Jake couldn't help but feel satisfaction at that. He scooted closer, and grabbed Scott's hand; gently massaging it as he spoke.

"Well, I wasn't sure you'd come if I called," he said honestly. "You've been a bit MIA. Sam misses you. I miss you."

He looked up at him, big eyes showing his sadness at Scott's absence.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 08:15:24 AM »
Jake's words were true, there was no denying that.  Scott looked down at Jake's hand touching his, feeling bad that he had isolated himself from his family.  Scott was the suffer alone type, he wasn't quite sure how to break away from that.

"I'm not gonna lie," Scott said, looking up at Jake. "Things have been really tough for me since we got back.  Things are different now, inside and out."  Scott didn't have the words in the moment to describe how he'd been feeling.  It was hard for him to even sleep during the day as his mind worked over time, thinking of all the place Conner could be, what he might be doing, or who me might be seeing.  Those thoughts would bleed into nightmares of bloodshed, leaving Scott restless.

"I've missed you guys too.  I'm sorry I've only been around for business type things."  Out of the corner of his eye, Scott noticed the bartender walking their way, placing two glasses of warm blood on the small table in front of them.  "Tell me," Scott said, looking to the bartender walking away and then back to Jake. "How was the party?"

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 08:42:12 AM »
Jake drank his blood as Scott talked, thanking the bartender and returning his gaze to the blonde. He could understand wanting to be alone when things weren't going well. He often isolated himself when things got dark. He considered telling him what he'd learned from Ben, but figured that this might not be the best time. He had other things to say.

"The party is unimportant," he said, tone friendly. "Well... I met a guy, but I'll tell you about that later."

The fresh blood made him blush, and he couldn't help but smile at the thought of Murphy Hilton. He was unsure how he'd manage his relationship with Lazarus and wondered if they would be okay with polyamory, that was if Murphy even liked him. He was pretty sure he did, but what if he was wrong? He shook those thoughts away like cobwebs and returned his attention to Scott.

"I would like to propose something to you. I want you to drink my blood, and become bonded to me. It would also bond you to Sam. I understand your last bond was made out of romantic love, but I do love you Scott. I want you to be a proper member of this family, and while I can't go back and sire you this would be the closest thing. I am thinking of making another child soon but I won't do that until my eldest son shares our blood."

He was unsure how Scott would react, but he'd summonsed him for this reason. He wanted to bring them closer.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 09:09:04 AM »
Scott found it hard to believe that the party was unimportant, especially with the amount of important people who attended.  Then Jake mentioned the guy and Scott's ears perked up.  But tht information was being saved for later? That was like giving a drug addict a taste of a new drug to get them hooked.

Scott sipped and blood and swallowed hard, taken aback a bit by Jake's request.  Scott wasn't quite sure how to respond.  The last time he had exchanged blood it was such an intimate experience with someone he felt very differently about. 

"Wow, I'm not quite sure what to say," Scott said, placing his glass back down on the table.  He of course appreciated the offer, but would this take away the privacy he felt?  The feeling of being able to separate himself from his family when he needed time to himself?

My eldest son

Jake was right with those words.  He had been the closest thing to a sire that Scott knew.  Perhps it was time to make it official.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 09:18:46 AM »
Jake moved closer to Scott on the couch, their bodies touching in a way that was unfamiliar to both of them. He didn't feel a sexual energy with Scott, at least not beyond a naughty thought or two over the years, but he realized he was sitting with a man. Scott easily looked older than Jake, and was more built, and even more handsome. Jake wascute, with maybe sexy attached if you were into twinks. But he wasn't like Scott. He wasn't a fox.

He listened as Scot replied, seeing how taken a back he'd been. It wasn't his desire to scare him or force him, but he did want to be direct. Scott appreciated bluntness. He shadily thought one had to like bluntness to love Conner. Their hands were now entwined. He looked at him earnestly.

"I love you like a son, even though I know you're not mine, not really. But I do feel like you belong with me, with us. Eternity is a long time to be alone, so don't be. Join those who love you. Let us know when you need to run away and mope, and I promise I'll respect that. Sam is another story but I'm sure you'll deal with her as you see fit."

He laughed a little at the thought of Sam chasing down Scott since he hadn't called lately.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 03:41:13 PM »
Scott chuckled along with Jake.  if there was anyone who could chase Scott down, it was Sam.

Listening to Jake's words, it was hard to imagine where Scott would be if not for Jake.  He wasn't Scott's true sire but he sure as hell felt like it, he was the closest to a real sire that Scott was ever going to get.  Scott was sure that most other vampires Jakes age wouldn't have bothered raising a new born that wasn't their own.  For that, Scott had always been grateful.

Scott grabbed his glass of blood again to feel like he was keeping busy and gave it another gulp.  "Okay," Scott said softly as he returned the empty glass to the table with a clink.  He suddenly remembered that they were at The white Rabbit and looked around the empty room.  The bar tender was still there though, fixing things and looking occupied.  "Are we doing this here?" Scott said, looking to Jake again.

Scott wondered about his bond with Conner.  If he drank Jake's blood, would his bond with Conner be severed?  Scott had an inkling that Conner might have already done the deed as Scott could no longer feel his presence.  Maybe this was a good thing, getting rid of the last piece of Conner that was left.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 08:00:28 AM »
He said yes! Jake was relieved that Scott didn't need more convincing. He knew this was the best thing for all of them, and even if Scott was far away, Jake would be able to sense him and know he was okay. He hugged Scott enthusiastically, fitting nicely in his arms. To the uniformed it would look like Jake was Scott's little brother, not his father figure, and he was now playing with Scott's hand as he responded.

"Let's go to the apartment downstairs. I can show you the room I made up for you, should you ever want to stay with us."

He would rise from the table, and gesture for Scott to follow him. As they walked, Jake asked him a question. "Do you want to know more about what happened to Conner and Bryant? I know your not a fan of the later, but he is your fledge in part."

He decided Scott should know everything before drinking his blood.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.