Author Topic: Revelation  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Revelation
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2019, 10:09:41 AM »
Ugh, the female fledgling. Lazarus had wanted nothing to do with her and so far he'd been happy with the way she'd avoided him. Now she was in his face (so to speak, for she was actually at the doorway), making horrified faces and yelling like a brat. Stupid childe. Couldn't she see that he and Jake had made up? They were cuddling on the bed, for fuck's sake!

He wanted to say something to her, something like: Go back into your room before I make you, but that was too lame for what he wanted. While racking his brain for something wittier, Jake responded instead.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2019, 10:21:55 AM »
Sam would feel overwhelming mental pain. It would start as a headache but then quickly develop into a full body experience. Jake was on his feet and moved to her slapping her hard across the face. He was shocked, embarrassed, but worst of all exposed. He did anything he could to keep the feelings he'd just buried six feet under, but here was his child, forcing him to relive it. It was that reason he was angry, not that she'd disturbed them. He grabbed her face and Dominated her, the force of it similar to Sam's early days.

"Get the fuck back in your room, and never disturb me when I'm in here again!"

He then would wait for her forced comply and slam the door. Jake moved back towards the bed, feeling slightly better that he worked off some rage.

"Sorry about that," he said as if the mail man had just come and laid back in bed with his attacker.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2019, 10:33:04 AM »
And hey presto! Jake was definitely back to normal and Lazarus chuckled at the monstrous way he'd just treated his female fledge. Funny! It was far better than any verbal dig Lazarus could've come up with. He'd even been surprised at the forceful manner Jake had treated her, but he kind of knew it was because Jake had a bit of stress to work out thanks to Lazarus breaking his furniture. The way Jake had treated Sam had been a turn-on, actually, and he adjusted his jeans to give his growing erection some room. Maybe Jake would see that and want to play for a bit. He'd had his turn, already.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2019, 01:52:27 PM »
Jake moved back to the bed and saw Lazarus's hard dick. He looked unenthused, but knew where this was going. He guessed it was fine. I mean, Lazarus had taken care of him, and Sam had made him so embarrassed. Jake sort of thought he owed him for being so patient. Besides, he only didn't want to because he'd gotten off. He could man up about it. He crawled back into bed, and would do whatever Lazarus wanted. After all, it was just sex right?
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2019, 03:24:38 PM »
Sam predicted Lazarus to say something snarky, even attack her on the spot. She didn't contemplate Jake to turn on his own for coming to his rescue. It was a grave mistake Sam miscalculated, turning Jake into a monster. Feeling her head pulsating with incredible pain, immediately moving her blood to offset the out of body experience. The force of his slap offsetting her balance, only to be regained by his hand grabbing her face. The pain forced Sam to open her eyes, her mind sizzled with agony. Like someone sticking a hot needle in her mind, she had no choice but to obey Jake.

Sam couldn't find the will to cry, what had the war done to Jake? How did he think this was okay?! Slamming her own door in response to Jake kicking her out. However, when Sam looked in the mirror the brutality of Jakes actions lay clear across her skin. A bruise lay across her face, light purple in colour and her right eye was slightly red. His fingertips marked her face the same light purple, had she not thought to move her blood she may have had broken bones. It sent Sam into a dangerous downward spiral, unstable in her room she began to internally harm herself. Dark thoughts brewing in her head with no one to correct her insane logic.

Nothing will change you are a burden
You are weak, a failure... an absolute nothing
You don't deserve the name blue blood
You are only here to correct his own failures
You are a puppet to use for his political advances
You need to leave before you get sucked in again
You need to leave after class tomorrow

The last thought ran loud in her mind. Long as Lazarus was here she was not safe. Ben was not safe and a pang of guilt rang in her heart, how was she to get him out? Jake had full control of Ben and Lazarus now had control of Jake. If she didn't leave tomorrow it was only a matter of time before she believed Jake could ever love Sam. It was apparent Jake liked the idea of Sam and nothing more, her thoughts distorted from the truth. Her mind would not slow down or shut off, having a mental episode trying to keep it together but it was futile. Sam just shut down and crept over to her bed, crawling inside. Completely empty inside, sleeping would only make it worse but what else could she do? Closing her eyes needing tomorrow to come.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2019, 10:27:57 AM »
It took a long time before Ben dared exit his room. He'd heard the crashing, and the shouting, and the quiet, and then more quiet, and then Sam screaming and then a slap and Jake yelling at her to get into her room

fucking asshole sire what a creep

and Ben waited until he heard nothing for a long time more. He'd been listening for Sam's sobs, actually, but they didn't come. It worried him, that she would be silent. His concern for her had him poke his head out of his room and making his way to her door. He didn't bother to look at the broken furniture, because he knew stuff had been damaged. He just hoped Sam hadn't been damaged, too.

"Sam?" he whispered, his hand on her door. He couldn't hear her moving around. Maybe she'd gone to sleep? He would only wait a little while for her to respond. If nothing came, then he would return to the safety of his room.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 12:31:30 PM »
Sam was half asleep hearing a familiar voice, so low in a whisper she could barely hear. It was Ben and for a second she froze, only to have a sliver of defiance take hold. No she would not leave Ben to the hands of them both, Jake was unstable and she feared Jake would never let Ben go. Blaming Lazarus for Jake falling apart, it was the only thing that had changed. Silently whisking herself out of bed she crossed to the door, opening it and wordlessly ushering him inside. Her injuries were not pretty but at least she didn't have any broken bones. She tapped her head to signal she wanted to talk to Ben mentally, unsure if Jake or Lazarus heard Ben come out.

Jake is unstable with Lazarus, it is not safe. I have to try and get you out of here, after class tomorrow. I am going to try Ben... you've been good to me.

You could feel the sadness that in her connection, wishing she had more power to send Ben home. Something bad had already happened to Jake, she couldn't bring herself to tell Ben what she felt through their blood bond. She felt more like a fool than anything for coming to Jake's rescue, humiliated by the fact he now lay with his attacker; instead of embracing his daughter, no fledgling now. Not daughter. Sam threw that title away for now, her mind unstable from Jakes attack. Did Jake think after all the growing she had done that she would act in such a to deserve his brutality? If he would not accept her help then it would fall on Ben, and a crushing blow for Jake to push Sam's help away.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 01:02:07 PM »
He was shocked by the state of her face, and immediately went to the attached bathroom to wet a facecloth with cold water and wring it out before he went back to her and gently set it upon her face, urging her to hold it there. Her vampirism would heal it, but things like this also helped.

Ben, who believed Jake was unstable well before Lazarus had entered the picture, could only look at her and shake his head, not wanting her to attract more punishment for his sake. The slap had come from Jake, not Lazarus - he'd figured that much out because it was Jake who'd yelled at her. He figured she wanted to shift the blame off her sire and onto the intruder in her house. It made sense.

I'm only here because Charon wants me here. I can walk out at any time. But why do you stay with him? You're gentle and kind. He's violent and ill-tempered. Why not go somewhere better?

Ben had left Kerr, when he'd been much younger. It was a very similar circumstance (except without the violence). Kerr had someone else in his life and Ben hadn't been a priority. So he'd left.

If you ever feel unsafe, I can help you, too. You have lots of friends.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2019, 01:51:25 PM »
Ben was not a touchy feely person and Sam had respected that about Ben. It was surprising to see him get a cold face cloth, taking it from him and holding it to her face. Sam didn't dare go out and try to grab some blood, and Ben didn't have to come but she appreciated his concern. Wishing more people could see this side of Ben, instead of a brat who brought down the Oligarchy. Sam never liked Ben being a pet of sorts, and now hearing he could leave she was a little relieved. She hoped Ben would take her warning and run the first opportunity he saw to escape.

I fear it would start a war if I tried to leave. I rather keep it contained here where none of my friends have to face his wrath. And even if I do run? He can summon me back against my will and come after whoever housed me.

Her tone seemed hopeless as Sam was in a tough situation, looking after others before herself. Sam didn't care if Jake struck her again but she would not risk his unstable behaviour on the city. It was a risk she was not willing to take but to get Ben out, she take that risk. Fewer consequences than Jake starting a fight with another district for someone taking in his fledging.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 02:17:14 PM »
You're more of a slave than I am, he thought at her, and wisps of his anger and frustration would travel to her alongside that mental thought. And he's more of a bastard than I realised, if he won't let you go.

He'd always thought Sam liked Jake, but now the truth was coming out. He would report this to Charon as well, if only so Sam could have more allies on her side. What she was going through was a thousand times worse than anything he ever had and her thoughts were full of saving her friends from Jake's wrath instead of herself. He didn't really know what she was going through, because he'd never feared being forced back to a person once he escaped. Declan, Themba... neither of them held that kind of power over him. And while he was here, well, he didn't fear for himself at all. Sam, though. She didn't have any chance of freedom.

Not while Jake was alive, anyway.

Don't worry about me, Ben sent, now sending her calming, peaceful thoughts to go with his request. I can look after myself. You look after you, okay?

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2019, 02:52:00 PM »
Sam didn't understand his comment, more of a slave than he was? When was Ben ever a slave? Feeling his whisps of anger and frustration but it was the truth and the curse of the Caine bloodline. Jake had been so good when he came home, no commands at all. There training had even gone well and they even shared a laugh or two. Then tonight it all fell apart and her faith in his changes shattered. The hope Sam had for Jake to be a better man was dashed, maybe this is how it will always be?

However, this was Sam having a mental episode, she did not mean to speak ill towards Jake. But the distortion in her mind was too much to correct Ben calling Jake a bastard. In reality, Sam is the best parts of Jake and at that moment he ran away, it filled her with an unimaginable hurt and confusion.

I have to worry about you. You are my friend and I feel bad if I didn't warn you. Whether Charon says you can go or not. Something is coming but I don't know what or how bad

Sam hoped Jake would come to his senses and not cling to Lazarus and his sharp, twisting words. The thought of that man having his devilish claws in her sire, it made her sick inside. She still come back for Ben after class, even if it meant getting thrown in jail. At this moment Ben came to her aid and now she would come to his and get him out.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2019, 04:40:16 PM »
Thanks, Sam.

He sat there for a little while longer, going over the few words they'd said to each other.

I should go back to my room, he sent apologetically. It had been an exhausting night, and he was drained after his emotions had gone on multiple highs and lows. He couldn't even text Kerr goodnight because Jake had taken his phone off him in the car as punishment. He'd ask for it back tomorrow.

He gave her a brief smile and left her room to sneak back into his own, softly shutting the door to not attract any unwanted attention.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2019, 04:54:43 PM »
I appreciate your concern tonight, thank you for everything. Try and have a good sleep.

Mustering a grin as he exited the room, taking the cloth off her face finally. It seemed to have looked better but not by much. Frowning at herself and grabbing her phone off her desk. Taking pictures in front of the mirror, pretty sure Jake was not aware of the extent of his rage. Maybe he thought he just gave her a hard slap, but no it was more than that; Sam had to use fortitude. Even then it still didn't protect her making herself feel weak once again.

Feeling hollowed out she crept back to her bed again, she wanted to ask Ben to stay but felt that was too much. Letting out a small sigh in bed, this was fucked. She had to teach a class tomorrow on top of it and keep her shit together. Pulling the blankets over her head and closing her eyes again; sleep coming faster than Sam anticipated.

(((END)))