Author Topic: Wings Of Darkness  (Read 11114 times)

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
Re: Wings Of Darkness
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2019, 11:16:01 AM »
Zoheret's eyes stayed on Saraekiel while he tried to convince Charon of his plot. The idea hadn't made her comfortable in anyway, to trust werewolves. Mongrels, all of them. She sipped her drink casually, taking mental note of the exchange.

Zoheret had yet to be convinced that this was the best plan of action. She had been given the North-West by the governing body of cowardly vampires, but she had worked to ensure her residents comforts and needs were being met. She and her team had gone door to door to all the businesses and organizations to introduce themselves as the new politicians on the block. Of course, there were those who rejected her as any leader, and those opinions remained just that - as well as a document in the file.

Gaining Charon's support of the idea was more important to Zoheret's comfort than to Saraekiel. If they wanted to spin this city around, they needed support to do so, even if it came from a vampire. Saint Sabrina was next on Zoheret's suggested list of powerful allies.

"We wish for peace as much as any good ruler does," Zoheret said after a heavy pause, her tone matter-of-factly. "With McCloud's recent land grab, how can anyone assume that we are now at peace? My people now feel the encroachment of the Anarch clan, and it is damaging rapport amongst my business owners who do not allow such wildness in their midst. Saraekiel's placement in the North not only unifies the divided packs of wolves, but offers support to the North West, and vise versa.

"I wasn't fond of the idea at first, either." She admitted. "In fact, I initially feared that Saraekiel taking the North would create another power struggle amongst the districts just as McCloud's had done. But there is only transparency of actions here. It is essentially an election by the largest community of supernaturals in the North."