Author Topic: ALTERNATE: No Risk No Reward  (Read 43131 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
ALTERNATE: No Risk No Reward
« on: February 27, 2019, 12:04:43 PM »
reserved for Billiam

He'd been told about Them. He'd laughed about it, had entered the club on a dare, been told to watch. He'd learned about Them.

It had taken him weeks to work up the courage to return, been told that being drunk from was better than any drug, that they could heal again with a quick nip of their own skin, a drip of their own blood, could make the scar disappear like magic. Of course he'd been afraid, so afraid, but he'd used to love Them, idolise Them, wanted to be one of Them. Such a worship didn't go away upon finding out They were real.

He was here again, surrounded by Them, keeping his hoodie up because he was scared of being beckoned. So far, with lack of eye contact, he'd managed not to draw attention. Tonight was the night though, he'd worked up the courage, he would let Them take blood from him, he would find out what was so good that others were so eager for it that they sometimes offered their bodies along with their blood.

Swallowing and feeling the dry lump in his throat he headed for the bar, ordering a glass of water and purposefully choosing a seat next to someone else. Maybe he was one of Them, maybe he was more like himself, whatever. He had to look and see, but after the water, after his heartrate slowed to a pulse that beat triple time beyond what the song offered.

Licking his lips he swallowed three gulping mouthfuls and wiped his lips with the back of his hand. Red lips, naturally coloured in a way that made people comment. He didn't bite at them, or put on lipstick, they were simply that way. He'd been taunted in school, but not so much now. Girls squealed over them, wanted to have them, desired to have him press his lips against theirs (would never happen) - perhaps to see if the colour would exchange between them. Silly thoughts, dear god, dear god, why was he here?

And now he glanced up, light blue eyes that pierced the gloom and stared into the face of the man beside him. A man? One of Them? He wasn't really sure, he couldn't tell in this light. He swallowed again, it was easier now, the water helped. He listened to his heartbeat race and opened his rosy-coloured lips to utter a single word: "Hello."

It sounded so much calmer than he'd felt, he was surprised. In the middle of being surprised, he snatched down his hoodie to reveal a mop of sandy blonde hair, streaked gold by a dye-job and the sun, needing a haircut.

How does one ask if someone is one of Them?

"Are you... you know... " he glanced away for a moment before returning his gaze to the man(?) beside him. "One of Them?"

His mouth had obviously not strayed far from his thoughts and even though inwardly he cringed at how idiotic he sounded, he kept his stare fixed on the fellow beside him. He wanted to know. He looked like he wanted to know.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Re: ALTERNATE: No Risk No Reward
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 12:29:29 PM »
The doors of Risk opened and a vampire entered, dressed in black. The vampire was here to hunt as he had a few nights this week. He'd only arrived in this city a month ago and he'd made good use of his time. He had the night off, and wanted more than a random online thing. He had fine tastes you see. Only a certain neck was worthy of being placed before him, and he hoped this vampire bar held that worthy neck.

It was strange how he looked compared to the other blood suckers in the room. All of these fangs pulling looks from the Vampire Lestat, or dressing strangely for their age. This vampire looked like like he was one of the humans come to be fed from. His jeans were sheared and his shirt oversize and filled with holes. His youthful face had grey eyes that stared at everyone in the room, finding the perfect mark. Then as luck would have it, a lovely smelling neck plopped right down next to him. The vampire took a sniff, and found something in the blood that called to him, and he decided then he had to meet this mortal.

Then he asked his strange question, and the vampire realized how little the boy knew. "Isn't everyone," he joked, hoping to disarm the boy's nerves.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 12:41:11 PM »
Disarmed Ben was, but it did nothing to alleviate his nervousness. Momentarily put off by the unclear response to his unclear question, Ben retreated back to his water to think about how to begin round two.

Wearing faded blue jeans, grey joggers and a light blue t-shirt under his simple black hoodie, Ben did not dress like the usual club-goer. Understated was putting it mildly.

That went pretty shit
His eyes though, Benny-boy
Did you see his eyes?

Yes, yes, he'd gotten a good look at the other's eyes when he'd glanced his way to deliver that line.

Steeling himself, and pretty sure that the guy beside him was one of Them, he tried again. Two strikes and he would be out. He reached out and touched the guy's hand for his attention, feeling cool skin and too excited about that to be scared.

"I don't drink or take drugs. I don't smoke." He wondered if being new and shiny was a good thing, or if this

vampire

stranger would laugh at him and tell him to go away. "I'm new to this."

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 12:58:14 PM »
The vampire smiled wickedly at the boy's reaction. He was pretty, and his understated dress and awkwardness made the vampire all the more into him. He waited though and watched as the boy thought how best to try again, and was delighted when his hand was touched. He wrapped his hand around the others, liking the warmth on his cool flesh. His red lips looked biteable, as did his supple throat. They looked almost the exact same age, and yet one of them had wisdom of over two-hundred and fifty years. Jake didn't mind a drunk neck, and smoked his fair share, but he liked the mortal's assured purity, and decided to put it to the test.

"Then let me show you the way." He slowly pulled the mortal close, letting his aura stimulate the boy. He wouldn't kiss him yet, despite wanting to.

"You want me to bite you blondie." He squeezed the mortal's hand, and placed the other on his back.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 01:34:07 PM »
Ben was pulled off his barstool in order to stand between the vampire's legs. Very close now. His heartbeat drummed a rapid beat in his chest and his cheeks flushed pink. The music surrounding them warped in his ears as he skirted the sensation of shock. A bubble of muffled silence became a bluster of twanging guitars became an underwater melody and back again. Soft, loud, soft, loud.

Show me the way

Does he mean, show me how he drinks from me? Or does he mean, show me into those screened off back rooms. Or does he mean both? Or neither?

Will he bite me in in a booth
Will he bit me with his tooth
Will he bite me at the bar
Will he bite me in my car

He cleared his throat to get rid of the nonsense drivel that was going around it. His mind was throwing the weirdest shit at him right now. And then he realised with growing embarrassment

Vampires can read minds they can
Look into my head and
oh my god does he
know the rubbish I just thought of in there?

Ben hoped not. Instead of betraying his anxious thoughts, he smiled. Instead of pulling away, he moved closer, putting his lips to the vampire's ear - not because he didn't think the other wouldn't hear, but because it was thrilling to be so close to one of Them.

"My name's Ben," he whispered, wondering if his breath would feel ticklish. Ben had always had sensitive lobes. He pulled back slightly, to see what the dark and handsome vampire would think of him now.

Whore, probably
Bite slut

Ben blinked at the force of those thoughts. Geez. Lighten up.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 06:53:49 AM »
The dark and handsome vampire found the mortal endearing, sexy and maybe a tad silly. He liked all those qualities, if not the insecurity that came with them. The vampire in question was especially good at reading minds, and sometimes would hear thoughts even if he wasn't looking. This was one such time, and he heard the mortal's process. He had a loud voice it seemed, buried in these nervous gestures, and the vampire's hunger grew greater, as he felt the hot air coming out the mortal's lips onto his earlobe. He shivered a bit, forgetting how good such a small thing could feel.

My name's Ben

It was always a Ben, or Brad, or Chad. Humans had such predictable names this cycle. So red lipped, blonde haired Ben was whispering up on his ear. He wasn't sure if he wanted to tease him more, rile him up, and drink in his newness, or if he wanted to reassure him, tell him he'd be nice. Would he be nice? He loved to be worshiped by a boy like this; the kind that thought any vampire was a god.

"Bennnnnn," he said, feeling it in his mouth. "Well Ben. I'm Jake, and I'll be your vampire for the evening. You're really cute ya know."

He took his hands and pulled the mortal so close their abdomens were touching, and he looked into the other's eyes. They were nice looking eyes, both in shape and color. He wouldn't fight the urge any longer and moved in to kiss those inviting lips. He wanted to know what Ben tasted like.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 11:54:13 AM »
"Thanks," Ben mumbled, his eyes widening at the compliment but mostly because of the announcement just before it. His excitement at Jake's words

I'll be your vampire this evening

was the only thing that kept him from pulling back. He wasn't a fast mover, wasn't interested in something cheap or sleazy or anonymous. He had a name now, though names could be thrown away and cast aside as easily as people, for some. Ben took the name into his head

Jake, a modern name
A modern vampire?
How old is he?
Too rude to ask

And then their lips touched and with their bodies pressed together as intimately as possible, Ben's breath caught. And this was happening, it was really happening, he was kissing a real-life vampire, and wasn't this what he was after?

Not all of what you're after
Let's not think about that right now

No, let's not think about anything except the kiss. He was tentative at first, before Jake drew him further, and then his tongue moved to meet his. Dancing and jousting, searching and yielding. Eventually, he pulled back, and he saw his hand clutching at Jake's shirt. When had that happened? He released it gently, and licked his lips, tasting the memory of what he'd just felt before admitting something that made him feel like a liar, even though it was true.

"I don't kiss men straight away, like that," he said softly, casting his eyes between them and seeing that their bodies were still pressed together. "Not until now." He looked up through his lashes and offered a bashful smile, feeling embarrassed and silly and swept up in a fantasy that he knew he'd probably come crashing down from soon enough, but right now it was a high.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 12:25:48 PM »
Jake smiled at Ben's attempt to guess his age. Jake was a young name, but Jacob was ancient, appearing in the Bible. His youthful appearance didn't help either. 

The kiss felt nice, and Ben's tongue tasted as good as he smelt. His own passion grew as their moths danced, and when Ben grabbed his shirt, Jake had to fight the urge to not take it off for him.

Yes. He was for sure the one. Jake had come to Risk for a simple suck and duck - as in duck out - but now he wanted to feed from Ben, but also more. What more he didn't know, but one of those bathroom stall style feeding booths wouldn't do. Luckily, Jake had been to Risk enough times to know they had better accommodations. To Ben's explanation of non slutiness he knew he should feel honored, but he also knew he was a vampire, and even when he wasn't trying men just came to him.

"Well then lucky me," he said, their faces still so, so close. He slowly moved Ben back, keeping their hands touching and rubbing one another. "Come on. Follow me upstairs. Tonight I'm going to treat you Ben, since you don't kiss men too quickly I want to make sure you don't feel like I'm compromising your morals."

He already knew he liked teasing this Ben, and would take him upstairs to the VIP lounge.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 12:42:56 PM »
The promise about not compromising him went a great deal towards swaying Ben into accepting. He felt confident enough to give Jake a pleased smile, and took a step back for the vampire to ooze off his seat.

With a thrill, Ben took Jake's cool hand and followed him around the dance floor to a set of metal stairs. They climbed up then and Jake opened a topaz coloured door. A room opened out and Ben glanced quickly around. Lots of seating, a few couples speaking softly together, topaz and white furniture, a white leather bar at the far end and an anonymous corridor.

There were two bouncers on either side of the door when Jake and Ben entered. Both of them greeted Jake politely, identifying him as 'Mr McCloud' and so Ben learned Jake's surname. He was obviously a VIP here, and this must be the VIP area because it was flashier than downstairs.

"Jake McCloud," Ben said out loud softly, wanting to feel the name on his lips. It elicited a brief reaction from the vampire in question and Ben smiled giddily at him. He would go wherever Jake took him, and then think about his options there.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 03:58:16 AM »
Jake made sure to tip the guards at the VIP entrance each a hundred dollar bill. He had plenty of money and keeping their palms greased had made him a welcome regular. He decided he didn’t want to bite Ben just yet. He wanted to know a bit more about him, and perhaps tease him a bit. He picked a large booth meant for a huge party and took the whole table for he and the mortal. The staff looked around to make sure no large parties were inconvenienced and once satisfied came to attend to Jake and Ben.   

“The name is Scottish,” he replied to let Ben know he’d been listening. He didn’t think Ben really cared about the origin on his name.

“Whatever he wants,” he told the wait staff, looking to Ben to order his pleasure. “I don’t care if you have a cocktail in you but also understand if you want to keep your wits.”

This vampire cared about base product and Ben looked like top shelf as far as blood went. If he were a little tipsy or stoned, all the better. Jake could join him in that. Once they were alone, Jake scooted next to him and wrapped an arm around Ben’s shoulder, pulling him almost into his lap.

“Before I bite you, I gotta know. What brings a boy who doesn't like to kiss men right away to get the most intimate kiss of all?”

Everyone in the longe was looking at them, and some of the older vampires started with jealousy at Jake for finding such a prime specimen. On the reverse, mortals who were entertaining much uglier and less charismatic vampires stared at Ben with envy that he got a young looking, sexy vampire. Everyone wanted to be one of the two in this dyad. Jake knew this and relished in it.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 08:50:34 AM »
Ben, who was poor as dirt, looked at Jake's flaunting of wealth and inwardly cringed. He kept his gaze downward until they arrived at the large table and he gaze Jake a questioning look. Why were they here instead of in a cosy booth for two? He didn't understand and didn't want to ask. He sat on the edge cushion initially but then shuffled right around when he realised Jake wanted to sit further in. When prompted, he asked for water again, not knowing that the vampire he was with liked alcoholic blood.

The information given him caught Ben's interest. Jake was Scottish? Then why was he McCloud instead of MacCloud? Didn't the Irish call themselves Micks because of that?

You're thinking too much, he thought, then huffed at himself.

The grip around his shoulders was like iron, and Ben tensed because of it. He suddenly felt like he was locked into his choice. It was the risk he'd taken, right? The very name of the club. So be it. He didn't try to pull away.

"The most intimate kiss?" Ben repeated dumbly, thinking that Jake wanted Ben to go down on him... until his mind switched gears to associate the bite with Jake's words. He blushed. "Is it intimate?"

He wouldn't know. He supposed offering himself up to drink from was intimate. He'd thought it was more about trust, about not being killed. He had no clue about the side-effects.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 02:49:05 PM »
Jake felt the tensing and relaxed his grip slightly. Humans were so fickle. Didn't he realize he had one of the best vampires here? Still, he didn't want to spook the young sport, and leaned back a bit, studying this Ben. He thought quite a bit, and that could be good or bad. Jake thought a lot too. He wondered if they could think together. He seemed too nervous now, and boy was that a turn off, but still, perhaps he could be calmed.

"It's a connection. It feels really great, and sometimes it can be quite erotic depending on the paring."

He didn't add that he thought this paring would be quite erotic. He hoped Ben would stumble upon that one himself. "At the bare minimum it's about trust and connection. That's pretty intimate to me."

Ben had been somewhat in sync with Jake on the definition, the vampire filling in the gaps. He couldn't help but stare at his supple neck, and could hear his heartbeat.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 03:44:39 PM »
Ben swallowed, wishing for his water. It came shortly after Jake's talk of intimacy and erotic pairings. Ben held the glass in both hands and drank from it deeply, finishing half of it in one go before setting it down and brushing his lips with the back of his hand. His mind was freewheeling now, throwing up scattered thoughts and images of what being drunk from by this vampire would be like. He seemed like a take-charge kind of guy, the men who intimidated Ben, mostly. He didn't share their confidence and was usually on the sidelines watching. He didn't really want the limelight either, but with a face like his, he'd attracted enough varied attention to know he could have some say in what happened next.

"You said it's sometimes erotic. Is it ever bad?" Ben asked after a moment.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 04:00:42 PM »
Jake watched as Ben gulped down his water. The vampire pulled away a bit, and then kept his body very still. Humans didn’t like fast movements. Was he afraid? He really was a first timer. Well, Jake supposed it wouldn’t kill him to be nice, especially since he got to pop his blood cherry. He smirked at that thought.

“If I were to aggressively bite you or take you by force then yes. I’m not planning on doing that. This is optional Ben.  I can’t say I’m the nicest guy, but I’m not violent.”

That was a lie. This vampire was quite violent, and solved most of his problems that way. But Ben didn’t need to know that. He liked Ben. No need to inconvenience him with truth. He flashed a sympathetic smile, to say dont worry Ben!
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2019, 07:25:00 PM »
Ben's brows shot up at the honesty; I can’t say I’m the nicest guy. Nobody had ever accused Ben of being a nice guy either... only those people who didn't properly know him. When his relationships with his boyfriends had soured, all three had felt the sharpness of his tongue and been blindsided by it because he usually he kept his thoughts to himself.

He had a feeling that this vampire's version of not being a nice guy was next level to Ben's, but he wasn't about to ask him for examples. It did pique his curiosity though.

"You won't have to take me by force," Ben told him, and wondered how many times Jake had attacked someone to bite them. Without a club of knowing donors, he supposed that would amount to many times. "Can you hypnotise people to be willing though? Is that a thing you can do?"