Author Topic: Sing us a Song, you're the Piano Man  (Read 7861 times)

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Re: Sing us a Song, you're the Piano Man
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 06:23:04 AM »
I drained my second glass, and stood up, my work boots clomping on the ground as I did. I’d never taken my jacket or beanie off so I was ready to walk. Manuel gave me a funny look, and I gave him one that saidmind your own business.

I tipped him a ten though because I like to keep my bartenders happy. They do God’s work after all. I offered Dreki my arm.

“Don’t worry Piano Man,” I joked. “I’ll keep you on track.”

We’d then leave the bar together and go to my place.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline Maxpphire

• Wordsmith
  • Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 06:34:53 AM »
He too left a tip for the bartender and took Drew's arm. His touch was gentle, but with a firm grip. He felt the muscles in Drew's arms and noted that his eyes did not deceive him from what he could tell anyway. He didn't notice the looks as he couldn't see expressions anyway, he just knew that Drew faced the bartender for a moment.

"Good." He chuckled at the joke. "I'd hate to get lost. I've been mugged before, it's neve a fun time." He spoke in a more light-heartedly manner, although it was the truth. Getting a new phone and setting it up to be blind friendly was always a pain. He didn't carry enough cash around for mugging to be worth it, particularly not after leaving a bar.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 01:57:18 AM »
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras