Author Topic: Love, Actually  (Read 14346 times)

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Love, Actually
« on: March 17, 2019, 05:29:16 AM »
Continued from Damage Control

Arutha couldn't help but softly smile at Naoise's reaction to his words and tenderly cradled his furry body closer. The poor man had been through so much during his life and today had certainly taken the cake for both of them. And yet with the realization of how they both felt, a lightness and a warmth filled the once raw wound that was his heart. If he lived to be a hundred, he would never forget that terrible sight nor this joy at those precious words. It was both so painful and yet so wonderful.

During their short time together, Naoise had come to mean more than life itself to him. He hadn't realised just how much he loved the man until faced with the very real possibility that he was gone. Arutha knew that he had almost lost his chance to say so in his fear of falling for someone again. In that moment, he swore to himself not to deny it ever again and he would free him.

So when their eyes met again, he felt that same warmth in his chest and nodded. "Yes, let's go home." he agreed before trying to carry him back to his bike.

This brought up a separate issue, how to properly transport Naoise back to the detour hotel, current home. Though when there was a will there was a way. He would not be separated from him again.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Love, Actually
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:39:12 PM »
Naoise relaxed against Arutha as he carried him back to his bike. he didn't know what the future held for them, didn't know if there really was a future for them but he was willing to try, willing to fight for it, for them. Tonight had irrevocably changed his outlook on his existence, of his life and he was now determined to live it the best way possible as long as it meant he got to share that life with Arutha.

As they approached the bike however he gave it a very dubious look.

Once Arutha was settled he padded his way to the handlebars and examined them before looking back towards Arutha with a bemused look in his emerald coloured eyes.

* I see three options, here, with my front legs and head sticking through the handlebar's cross piece for support, or I sit huddled between your thighs with my claws digging into the seat for dear life, or I crawl inside your shirt with my head popped out next to yours and you carry me that way. Your choice Mo gra, your the one who is driving this thing*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 06:28:27 AM »
Arutha felt happy as he carried Naoise back to his bike. The same lightness that he felt in his heart brought a bounce to his step as he walked back. He didn't know what the future would hold for them. All he knew was that he was going to his best to live it to the fullest and focus all of his energy into freeing his trapped beloved.

Then when he had set the other in front of him on the seat, he reddened a bit akwardly at Naoise's bemused words. It was not as if he had had a chance to think things through further when he had followed after Naoise with the zombie threat. Also Kevla's car had been gone at the time when he had grabbed it.

"I think that what might be the best is the last option. For I am not about to lose you or let you get hurt, Kit." he answered firmly after a second of thought. He then lifted the sweatshirt he had grabbed as a jacket a bit so that Naoise could try to wiggle inside it so they could be off.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 02:28:45 PM »
Naoise was highly amused as wriggled his way up inside Arutha's sweatshirt. His scent was everywhere, that subtle musky, spicy, maleness that was all arutha and suddenly his mind was filled with the image of him in human form trailing nibbling kisses up Arutha's stomach and torso. This wasn't the time for it but the imagery was just there and he shared it with Arutha  as he popped his head out of the zippered top beneath his chin.

*I would have been seriously pissed if I had died tonight Mo grá, please tell me you're blushing" his mental voice though tired was thick with amusement, arousal and his Irish brogue

*Lets go home beloved* he added softly as he looked around the night kissed eerily silent graveyard.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 04:33:20 AM »
Naoise's soft fur tickled his bare skin as the other worked to wiggle his way inside of his sweatshirt. What could he say there had been hardly time to get properly dressed when all of this started. Then the tantalizing image filtered through his brain of Naoise in his true form kissing up his chest. Oh man...he felt his mouth go dry. Yes, it wasn't time for it and yes it was akward given their current spots on the bike, but damn....

His face had of course lit up like a Christmas tree as he turned on the bike. "That's a hell...yes, Kit." he admitted so he went to guide them home. "I'm blushing alot and now can't wait to go to sleep." he added, glancing around at the now quiet cemetary as they left.

It was amazing to think about that this cemetary had been the site of all that chaos and now nothing. It was almost like it had never happened.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 10:45:19 PM »
Doubting he could remain in the shirt with just his head popping out he wriggled abit more till he could push his neck, shoulder and leg out to give himself more balance and leverage, he thought about clawing his other leg out too but was worroed that might be too much and he would end up toppling out of the shirt all together.

*This is extremely awkward and undignified to say the least* he huffed as he made himself as comfortable as possible, his tail trailing down Arutha's front, the tip brushing against the top of his pants.

*Where are we going to go my love? Do you think the motel is safe? Where did Kevla go? is she okay?*

The motel would no longer serve, they needed a new place to live.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 04:08:29 AM »
Arutha glanced down at Naoise's huff and he sighed. Akward was putting their current position mildly, but it was something that they had to deal with at least for a little bit longer. "I know but it won't be for much longer." he gently reassured as he guided the bike back to the motel.

Naoise's questions brought up his own fears and worries. "I'm taking us back to the motel for now. For it is the last place Kevla was at. She might have left us a note before she left. As for where she went, it wouldn't surprise me if she went in search of Psych. Though I hope that she is back now." he said before frowning at the notion of the motel's safeness.

"As for it being safe, I just don't know. Once I would have said yes, but now I'm beginning to think that we should move." he said honestly.

True to his words, a few minutes later they arrived back at the motel. And there was Kevla's car in the parking lot when it wasn't before. This made him frown further as he bent to try to let Naoise out of his shirt upon parking the bike.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 12:53:13 AM »
As they traveled back to the motel on the bike, with him hanging halfway out of Arutha's sweatshirt he had the sudden though and image of him in one of those front baby pouches that proud parents used to carry their little darlings in. The idea was amusing as hell but also safer and more practical for them both if the motorbike was going to be their chosen mode of transportation and so as they pulled up at the front of the motel he shared the idea and imagery with Arutha.

When Arutha took him out of his shirt and placed him on the ground he quickly started sniffing the air for zombies. for Kevla or for anyone else that might be around but he wasn't a dog and so sent his mind and magical senses out instead but after the ass whooping Tess had given him even that wasn't very great either. The parking lot was a mess and the street even more so. he was surprised there wasn't police around asking questions or people out gawking, surely they didn't sleep through a zombie invasion.

*Kevla?* he sent questioningly towards Arutha's sister as he approached their motel room door.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 12:49:32 PM »
Arutha couldn't help but laugh at the image that Naoise sent him. "That's hysterical, but not quite what I was hoping to get." he said with a grin. He then sent him an image of a sidecar attached the motorcycle a helmeted and goggle covered version of the other sitting in it. The image was both cute and sort of cool at least to him.

Then when he saw Kevla's car in the driveway, he couldn't help but frown further and tried to reach out with his own connection to his twin.

The response to both was worry and fear right up until a frazzled Kevla burst through their door to try and hug both of them. "Oh my God! When I came back, I saw the mess and feared the worst. I thought I lost you guys!" she blubbered. Now the only question was where the heck she had been at that time of night.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 12:13:47 PM »
At the image of the sidecar Naoise sent back the impression of instant lust and love *Yes! we need that, like tomorrow*

When Kevla burst through the door and scooped them both into a hug, Naoise sent soothing energy into her, into all of them. These two were his family now, he loved them both so very much *Ná caoin mo dheirfiúr, mo stór. Tá gach rud go maith, tá gach rud sábháilte.* he whispered tenderly into her mind.

(Do not cry my sister, my treasure. Everything is good, everything is safe.)

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 12:38:57 PM »
Arutha would have laughed at Naoise's reaction if his sister hadn't squished them both into a hug an instant later.

"We're okay. We're alive." he began to say as he gently hugged her back, feeling Naoise's soothing like a balm over his own nerves.

Kevla sniffled a bit as she felt herself calm down a little at those whispered words. Even though she didn't speak Gaelic in the slightest, she felt the meaning of the message as she gently loosened her hold on the other two. "Thank you, Kit. I'm so sorry for blubbering, but I was just so worried." she said as she went to try to usher them inside.

"It's okay. Though we have one hell of a story to tell." Arutha started to say before looking at Naoise to for back up. For this story was more than a little nuts. And yet for as terrifying as it was, it really did happen.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 02:56:45 PM »
*And we thought our lives couldn't get any weirder* he said in echo to Arutha as he followed them inside. One thing had been made abundantly clear though. They needed a place for themselves and collar or no collar he wasn't leaving these two any time soon.

*You missed a mini zombie apocalypse* he said as an intro to his and Arutha's story as he closed the door behind them with his mind.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 02:50:41 AM »
Kevla's jaw dropped as Naoise gave the intro. "You're kidding, right?" she asked, looking from one to the other. Almost as soon as she had asked that, she knew it was silly. For it had to have happened. There was too much destruction and too much of a mess in streets that she had seen on her way back from seeing Psych. "Holy shit...how did it happen? Better yet, how did you survive?" she asked.

"Well...that complicated. Kit teamed up with a group of magic users to try to stop the insane witch who summoned them up. By the time I arrived on the scene, I saw her hurt him...so terribly. I barely caught what else they did for I was messed up, but they put the zombies back to rest." Arutha explained, his voice thickening slightly at the memory.

Kevla looked back at the pair, feeling that she was missing something vital that had happened.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 09:37:17 PM »
Naoise looked at Arutha as his voice thickened and both of them were suddenly swallowed by sorrow and horror of what they had just been through. He so desperatly wished he was human right now as he wanted nothing more then to wrap his arms around Arutha and hold him tight against him.

*I am so sorry* he whispered softly, his mental voice filled with sorrow and regret. *Being with me is hurting you, both of you and it is something I never wanted to happen, to cause you pain*

He looked up at Kevla, his green eyes shimmering with the tears he couldn't express. *A necromancer tortured me in front of Arutha. I died, most horribly. Arutha saw it all, from beginning to end. We both thought it was for real this time. That bitch witch had some serious power*

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 01:51:01 AM »
Arutha did wish for that same thing. So as a consolation, he went to try to tenderly pick up the man who meant so much to him. Feline form or not, he didn't care. All he wanted was to be close to him.

"It's not your fault, Kit. That bitch is the one who hurt me." he said firmly as he went to soothingly pet his back at Naoise's words."Being with you will never hurt me." he whispered sincerely. "I love you so much and will see you free. One day soon we will walk hand in hand." he added. It was their fondest wish and one that he was going to do his damnedest to make come true. Though til the day he died, he would never forget that awful sight.

Kevla's eyes widened with shock, her heart filling with empathy as she saw the pain in both men. "Oh my god!...that's crazy. Then again so is the zombies. Is there anything I can do? Is there anything either of you need?" she asked concernedly.